他们会从学校打电♥话♥来 但他们从来不多说
they call from school, but they don’t say much.
他们为他们的父亲感到羞愧
They’re ashamed of their father.
迪亚格说你告诉他浴室的把手松了?
So Diego says you told him the handle on the shower’s loose?
-三十秒 -我会搞定的
-Thirty seconds. -I’ll deal with it.
是不是在屋里有什么你不想我看见的?
Is there something in the house you don’t want me to see?
你觉得我没看好这房♥子吗?
Do you think I’m not taking care of the house?
-不 不… -你想尽一个丈夫应尽的义务?
-No, no… -You wanna do what a husband does?
你想来修补一些东西?
You wanna fix things?
你修不好的
You can’t fix this.
你不是我的丈夫了
You’re not my husband.
-都已经结束了 -我可以下星期打电♥话♥给你吗?
-All that’s gone now. -Can I call you next weekend?
-不 你不可以 -好吧
-No, you cannot call me next weekend. -Okay.
我会跟你保持联♥系♥的
I’ll check in with you, okay?
我妈说如果我自己掏钱的话 我可以买♥♥一辆摩托车
My mom said I could buy a motorcycle if I paid for it myself.
这是她的条件 对吗?
It’s her one stipulation, right?
所以我去商场里工作
So I work at the mall.
我本来打算夏天好好地去反叛一下的
And I have that whole Kerouac thing planned for this summer,
可她现在却说”不”
and now it’s, “No.”
我已经18岁了 我有买♥♥摩托车的权利
I’m 18 years old. I have the right to buy a motorcycle.
但你曾经有过一辆摩托车
But you had a motorcycle once.
后来你不是不喜欢了
And you ended up hating it.
你记得吗 特雷?
Remember, Trey?
记得吗? 你曾经把它停在健身房♥的另一面
Remember? You used to park it on the other side of the gym.
红黑相间的那辆
It was red and black. And…
后来你根本就不想去管他
You got really tired of taking care of it.
你在说什么?
What’re you talking about?
在我想买♥♥什么东西的时候 我妈总是这样跟我说
That was my mom’s technique when I wanted something.
她会说”你去年有一个生日派对
She’d say, “But you had a birthday party last year.
记得吗? 我们有一个大蛋糕
“Remember? We had a big cake
粉红色的糖衣 好多玫瑰
“with pink icing and roses all over it.
而你却不喜欢”
“And you hated it.”
她这么跟你说?
And she was totally messing with you?
-结果她就再也没给我办过生日派对 -哇
-It got her out of giving me a birthday party. -Wow.
比如我总是记得气球阿
I mean, I have wonderful memories of
芭蕾舞者 云霄飞车
balloons and ballerinas and rollercoasters.
这些都没发生过 真是可笑
And it never happened. That’s pretty messed up.
“我们可不能每年都有那样的生日 对吗? ”
“We certainly can’t have a big party like that every year, can we?”
那你是什么时候才了解的呢?
So, when did you finally figure it out?
等她有了另外一个把戏
Well, by then she had this other trick.
告诉我你想要什么
So suggest something to me. Something you’d like to do.
好吧 恩…
Okay. Um…
我们去订个房♥间吧
Let’s get a room.
还是不要订然后就当作我们订过了
Let’s not get a room and just say we did.
然后我们就放弃了?
Then we give up?
你并不是一个坚持不懈的孩子 不是吗?
You weren’t a very persistent kid, were you?
-特雷 你真得不应该来找我 -为什么?
-Trey, you really shouldn’t come on to me. -Why?
因为你是老师?
Because you’re a teacher?
我…我们不可以这样
I… We can’t do this.
我们走吧
Let’s get out of here.
去我那儿吧 我们只聊天
We’ll go back to my place. We’ll just talk.
不只是想象我们做过
Let’s not and just wish we did.
我不想假装
I don’t wanna pretend.
恩 我们要迟到了
Um, we’re late.
等一下
Just give me a second.
天哪
God.
-这地方不觉得奇怪吗? -这里很安静
-Does this place seem creepy? -It’s quiet.
-哇 西尔维娅 你真是太美了 -辣妹
-Wow, Sylvia, you look great! -Hottie!
全新的自我
It’s the new me.
-嘿 科琳怎么样? -也不错
-Hey, how’s Corinne doing? -Great.
我们准备好去接受格瑞格
So, are we up for Grigg’s amazing insights
对于《诺桑觉寺》的全新诠释了吗?
on Northanger Abbey?
别这么说 他可能会令你惊喜呢
Stop it. He might surprise you.
-真希望他的沙发已经到了 -我不介意坐在地上
-I hope his couch has arrived. -Oh, I don’t mind sitting on the floor.
-跟一堆奶酪罐一块儿? -别说了
-Passing around cans of aerosol cheese? -Stop it. Fine.
格瑞格已经不是孩子了 我相信他一定把一切都搞定了
Grigg is a grownup. I’m sure he’s made it very nice.
好吧
All right.
欢迎 进来吧
Welcome. Please come in.
-哇 -格瑞格? 哇
-Whoa. -Grigg? Whoa!
看起来他以为是万圣节
Apparently, he thinks it’s Hallowe’en.
-不 是《诺桑觉寺》 哥特的感觉 -没错
-No, it’s Northanger Abbey! It’s Gothic! -Right!
没有人能活着出去
No one gets out alive!
-我不喜欢这个 我不喜欢这个 -西尔维娅
-I don’t like this. I don’t like this. -Sylvia, Sylvia!
-格瑞格? 格瑞格? -西尔维娅 只是个玩笑
-Grigg? Grigg? Grigg? -Sylvia, it’s a joke.
-他只是喜欢… -哦 西尔维娅 西尔维娅
-He’s just having fun… -Oh, Sylvia, Sylvia, Sylvia!
没事的 没事的 对不起 对不起
It’s okay. It’s all right. I’m sorry, I’m sorry, I’m sorry.
-看 -《诺桑觉寺》的另类诠释
-Look. -It’s a send-up of Northanger.
-只是个游戏 -伯纳黛特 你的电♥话♥响了
-It’s a program. -Bernadette, that’s your phone.
这是我的遥控 所有的东西都有感应器
This is my remote. And everything’s on sensors.
普鲁迪? 哦 迪安 普鲁迪会晚到?
Prudie? Oh, hi, Dean. Is Prudie running late?
-那万圣节你干嘛呢? -万圣节会更盛大
-What do you do on Hallowe’en? -Oh, Hallowe’en is big.
比这大不知道多少倍 你应该在万圣节的时候过来
Hallowe’en is much, much bigger. You should come over for Hallowe’en.
-等等 -哦 太糟了
-Wait. -Oh, that’s terrible.
我是读《尤德夫的秘密》的时候想到的
I got inspired reading The Mysteries of Udolpho.
《诺桑觉寺》里面凯瑟琳为之疯狂的书?
You know, the book in Northanger Abbey that Catherine’s obsessed with reading?
-你读了《尤德夫的秘密》? -食物
-You read The Mysteries of Udolpho? -Food!
-格瑞格 这颜色还不赖 -你什么时候…
-Hey, Grigg, that color almost works. -When did you…
-他读过《尤德夫的秘密》 -哇
-He read The Mysteries of Udolpho. -Wow.
小说里他们读的书? 真有这么一本书?
Wait, that book they were reading in the book? That’s a real book?
当然 里面有黑色的面纱 劳伦特的头骨
Yeah, with the black veils and Laurentina’s skeleton.
-你不觉得听起来令人惊奇吗? -没错 太酷了
-Didn’t you think that sounded great? -Yeah, it sounded awesome.
迪安 真是太不幸了 普鲁迪一定伤心透了
Dean, I’m so sorry. Prudie must be devastated.
普鲁迪让我问你
Prudie said to ask you.
她好像要谈有一部书?
She’s supposed to talk or something, about some book?
《劝导》
Persuasion.
我们不知道要在圣地亚哥待多久…
We don’t know how long we’re gonna be down in San Diego, so…
所以可能她就不能来了
She may have to cancel.
告诉她我们会把《劝导》放在最后
Tell her we’ll save Persuasion for the end.
反正本来就应该最后读的 这是奥斯汀写的最后一部书
It’s better to do it last, anyway. It was Austen’s final book.
我以为《诺桑觉寺》才是最后的
I thought Northanger Abbey was the final book.
-最先写的 最后出版 -挺有道理的
-Written first. Published last. -That makes much more sense.
-为什么? -她怎么了?
-Why? -What happened with her?
因为那是一本有关小说的小说
‘Cause it’s a novel about novels.
你可以看见作为年轻作家的奥斯汀 不断地问着自己
You know? You see Austen as the young writer, questioning herself.
什么是女主人公? 什么才算好故事?
“Who’s a heroine? What makes a good story?
小说是浪费时间的吗? 我要写吗? 我该要写什么?
“Are novels a waste of time? Am I gonna write? What should I write about?”
-很有道理 -非常有见地 格瑞格
-I like that. -That’s actually very perceptive, Grigg.
谢谢
Thanks.
普鲁迪的妈妈过世了
Prudie’s mother died.
-什么? -天哪
-What? -Jesus.
她昨天进了她的车 在圣地亚哥
She got into her car yesterday, this was in San Diego.
从停车场出来的时候对着来的车流左转
She made a left coming out of a parking lot into oncoming traffic.
-天哪 -太糟了
-Jesus. -Terrible.
-普鲁迪跟她妈妈感情深吗? -她们之间曾经关系紧张
-Were Prudie and her mom close? -Well, there was tension.
你们觉得呢? 《劝导》会不会太沉重了
What do we think? Is Persuasion too depressing to take on right now,
一个过世的母亲什么的?
with the dead mother and everything?
书里面她并没有死
She doesn’t die on the page.
即使在《理智与情感》里 那个爸爸最后也死了
Even Sense and Sensibility, the dad dies.
《傲慢与偏见》呢?
What about Pride and Prejudice?
我可以讲讲在树林里 遇见达西先生的情景
I could use a little encounter in the woods with Mr. Darcy right now.
-我们准备好聊聊浪漫爱情故事了吗 -好了
-Are we all up for a little romance? -Ready.
我想我们大家都应该等不及了
I think we’re all overdue.
这对普鲁迪来说也比较好
And it’ll be better for Prudie.
我还是不能相信你读过《尤德夫的秘密》
I still can’t believe you read The Mysteries of Udolpho, Grigg.
-干得好 格瑞格 -大家干杯
-Bravo, Grigg. Bravo. -Yay for the grilled artichokes.
你要想的话随时可以搬进来 格瑞格
You can move in with us any time, Grigg.
只是别带骷髅来
Please, don’t bring skeletons.
她最喜欢那个
She loves these.
你跟格瑞格在交往吗?
Are you and Grigg seeing each other?
不 他喜欢西尔维娅 很明显
No. He’s interested in Sylvia, obviously.
这是我们原本的计划 不是吗?
That was the plan, right?

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!