当然
Yeah.
有的
Yeah. Yes!
埃德蒙跟范妮之间的感情
The relationship between Edmund and Fanny.
他们像是兄妹
They seemed like brother and sister.
但在结尾的时候 就像在《帝国反击战》一样
But then in the end, it’s like The Empire Strikes Back,
只是掉了个头 你知道吗? 因为当天行者路克知道
but it’s in reverse. You know? ‘Cause in Jedi, Luke Skywalker,
丽娅公主是他的妹妹的时候 他很好的处理了他的感情
he gets over Princess Leia when she turns out to be his sister.
埃德蒙忘记了克劳福特
Edmund gets over Miss Crawford
然后跟他的表妹范妮继续…
and gets it on with Fanny, who’s his first cousin, so…
没有人觉得这很不妥吗?
Did that bother anybody else?
-你不是要叫西尔维娅出去吃饭吗? -哦 是啊
-Weren’t you gonna call Sylvia for lunch? -Oh, yeah.
-你知道阿莱格拉是同性恋吧? -当然了
-You know Allegra’s gay, right? -Of course.
哦 我喜欢你家里面的家具
Oh. I love your furniture, in your house.
在我们聊《诺桑觉寺》之前 我得要买♥♥一张沙发
And before we do Northanger Abbey, I gotta buy a couch, so…
-他们之间有什么吧? -格瑞格 你得要…
-Is something going on between these two? -Grigg, you have to…
你能跟我一起去选吗?
Would you come with me, help me pick it out?
如果你带西尔维娅去吃午饭的话
If you take Sylvia to lunch.
一言为定
Great.
真的吗? 太好了
Good, that’s great.
-好了 再见 -好 来
-Okay, see you. -All right, yup, here.
-小心 -哦 天哪 对不起
-Take care. -Oh, God. Sorry.
我看见他盯着我的乳♥房♥♥看
I caught him staring at my titties.
我喜欢那套
I like that.
-我喜欢这个 -那个颜色不太大众
-I like this. -That color’s difficult.
我喜欢不大众的东西 我就要那个了
I like things that are difficult. I’ll take it.
等等 你不应该买♥♥你一开始就喜欢的东西
Wait, you just don’t buy the first one you like.
-你根本不知道是否会适合 -什么? 没问题啊
-You don’t even know if it’ll fit. -What? It’s fine.
你饿了吗?
You getting hungry?
格瑞格 我不想显得没礼貌 但我能问你
Grigg, I don’t mean to be rude, but may I ask,
你有很多钱吗?
do you have a lot of money?
不知道该怎么回答
Never know how to answer that.
我有足够的钱
Yeah, I have enough money.
但是我喜欢做技术支持
But, you know, I like working in tech support.
-可以吃吗? -吃吧
-May I? -Sure.
你应该带西尔维娅来这儿 好浪漫
You should bring Sylvia here. It’s so romantic.
你知道 她在筹备一个图书馆的 筹款活动
You know, she’s planning this library fundraiser.
-她很忙 -打电♥话♥给她
-She’s busy. -Call her.
一个人不容易
It’s hard to be alone.
-也许她的丈夫会回来 -也许
-Well, maybe her husband will come back. -Maybe.
简·奥斯汀应该这样写
Jane Austen should write that.
她写了 在《劝导》里
She did. In Persuasion.
安·艾丽特跟海军的那个王特沃相爱
Anne Eliot is in love with this guy Wentworth who’s in the navy, right?
但是她的家庭觉得他不够出色
But her family thinks that he’s not good enough.
-恩 -所以他就离开了
-Right. -So he leaves.
当他回来的时候 他已经是腰缠万贯
And when he comes back he’s become this wealthy man.
-但他也不再爱她 -好了 别再告诉我了
-But he’s no longer in love with her. -Okay. Don’t tell me any more.
看起来你也开始喜欢奥斯汀了
Oh, so you’re enjoying the Austen, I see.
那你的乌苏拉·勒奎恩呢?
Yeah. And how’s the Ursula Le Guin?
-你不喜欢乌苏拉·勒奎恩? -我还没看
-You didn’t like Le Guin? -I didn’t read them.
你不试的话怎么知道喜不喜欢?
How are you gonna know what you like unless you try?
我想到了我的年纪 我应该知道我会喜欢什么
I think at my age I should know what I like.
年纪?
Age? Come on, age.
年纪根本没有关系
Age has nothing to do with anything.
我甚至都愿意去读女孩子的简·奥斯汀
I was willing to read girly books like Jane Austen…
她并不只是给女孩子的
She is not girly.
我明白了
Which I found out.
也许你也会明白科幻小说并不只是…
So maybe you would find out that science fiction’s not just…
-宇宙飞船上的外星人 -没错
-Aliens on rocket ships. -Right.
好吧 快点吃完 我要给你看些很酷的东西
All right, hurry up and finish. I’m gonna show you something really cool.
你得知道在我小的时候
What you have to understand is that when I was a kid,
我跟我爸几乎是被女孩子包围了
my dad and I were basically surrounded by girls 24l7.
你知道 我妈 姐姐妹妹 还有她们的朋友
You know, there was my mom, my sisters, and their friends.
大概有15个女孩子在家里 近乎疯狂
So there’d be like 15 girls in the house. It was insane.
我爸爸会躲在小储藏室里 没有人被允许进入那儿
My dad would hide out in the shed and no one was allowed back there.
他会听他的球赛 抽他的烟
And he’d listen to ballgame, you know, smoke his pipe.
他几年前因为口腔癌过世了
He actually died a couple years ago of mouth cancer.
-很遗憾听到这个 -总之 有一天…
-I’m so sorry. -Anyway, one day…
我大概十岁 我爸带我去他的储藏室
I’m like 10 years old, my dad takes me back to the shed
给我看一些他藏在那里的杂♥志♥
and he shows me some magazines that he keeps back there.
他说”这可是男人之间的秘密 要绝对保密”
He says, “This is strictly guy stuff. It’s top secret. Very private.
“不能告诉任何人”
“Tell no one.”
所以从那时候开始
Yeah, so from then on, it’s like…
世界就变成我跟我的父亲 还有科幻小说
I don’t know… It’s like me and my dad and science fiction.
这些是我最开始喜欢的书
These were like the first books that I fell in love with,
从来就没有忘记过
and I never got over it.
阿瑟·克拉克 超前的作家
Arthur C. Clarke. He’s a visionary writer.
谢顿·斯特勤 伟大
Theodore Sturgeon. Amazing.
菲利普·迪克 我的最高机密
Philip K. Dick. This was my top-secret all-guy world.
-安德里·诺顿 -英气十足
-Andre Norton. -Very manly.
结果才知道 安德里·诺顿是安德鲁·诺顿
Except, as it turns out, Andrew Norton, a.k.a. Andre Norton,
-也就是艾丽丝·诺顿 -开玩笑的吧
-a.k.a. Alice Mary Norton. -No way.
-詹姆斯·提普特 -我听说过他
-James Tiptree, Jr. -I heard of him.
真实的名字是艾丽丝·谢尔顿 或者帕特·莫菲
Real name, Alice Sheldon. Pat Murphy.
-帕特里斯·安… -你还是沉浸在那个世界里
-Patrice Anne… -You were still surrounded.
但是那时候我已经开始喜欢女生
But by that time I liked girls.
你赢了 我会去读勒奎恩
You win. I’ll read the Le Guin.
太好了
Great.
-告诉我一个秘密 -该你了
-Tell me a secret. -Your turn.
不 你的秘密更有意思 你可以相信我
No. You have better secrets. You can trust me.
告诉我
Tell me.
好吧 但我不会跟任何人讲这件事
Okay, but this is not something I would tell anyone else.
在我的年级上面有一个特殊学生 他叫班尼
There was this special needs kid in the grade above me, Benny.
他每次都把帽子戴得很低 却把耳朵露在外面
He wore his hat squashed down really low, and his ears stuck out.
他总是拿着一个篮球 啪啪啪的拍
And he was always carrying around this basketball and going…
有一天 在我四年级的时候
And, one day, I was in fourth grade,
我看见他握着自己的生殖器
I saw that he was holding his penis.
我就马上跑回到我朋友那里
So, I just went back to my friends.
后来我爸爸来接我
Well, later my dad picked me up.
他有点走神 没有听我在讲什么
And he was distracted, just not really listening, and…
我也不知道为什么
And I don’t know why, but…
我就跟他说”爸 有个男孩在学校要我看他的生殖器”
I said, “Dad, this boy at school made me look at his penis.”
-等等 他叫什么名字? -班尼
-Wait. What was his name? -Benny.
我们找到了他的地址 然后开车去他家
We actually got their address and drove to their house.
班尼的妈妈开的门 她显得非常的苍老
And Benny’s mom answers the door. I mean, she was old.
她疏了两个麻花辫 而我爸爸则一直冲着她发火
She has these two long, skinny gray braids. And my dad’s yelling.
接着她就哭起来了 “那你要我怎么办呢? ”
And she starts crying. “I’m sorry, what do you expect me to do?”
他说”我要你跟你的儿子说”
And he says, “I expect you to speak to your son.”
在他身后就站着班尼 还是啪啪啪地拍着他的篮球
And then right behind her is Benny with his stupid basketball, going…
我爸马上就愣住了
And my dad just stops.
因为他有个这样的弟弟 后来死了
‘Cause he had a little brother like that who died.
哦 天哪
Oh, my God.
我们回到车上 我爸一句话都不说
So we get back in the car and my dad is just silent.
后来他终于说话了
And then he says, “I think you knew
“我想你知道你隐瞒了一些东西”
“you were leaving out the most important part.”
我顿时觉得无地自容
And I just felt horrible.
你知道吗 我根本不知道会这样
You know, I didn’t really know any of that was gonna happen.
我只想要他的注意力
I just wanted his attention.
你疯了吗?
Have you lost your mind?
我想过…我想过要打电♥话♥
I thought about… I thought about calling.
-但我不想吵醒你 -你不能就这样出现 丹尼尔
-I… But I didn’t wanna wake you. -You can’t just show up here, Daniel.
总得有人来割草 我不在意
Somebody’s gotta mow the lawn. I don’t mind.
我会叫人割的
Well, I’ll pay somebody.
你知道吗? 这是我的家
You know? I mean, this is my home.
你不能问也不问就过来
You cannot just arrive here without asking.
如果有人在我这里过夜呢?
What if I had somebody staying over?
-你跟人在约会? -把割草机拿开
-Are you seeing someone? -Put the mower away.
我并不想这样
I didn’t mean that in a weird kind of way.
我只是想知道这里怎么样了
I just missed hearing what’s going on here.
阿莱格拉 她看起来像是讨厌我
Allegra, she acts like she hates me,
还有男孩子们 迪亚格和安迪
and the boys… I mean, Diego and Andy,

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!