这只是书友会
It’s just a book club.
艾玛和奈特利先生之间的激♥情♥在哪里?
Where’s the heat between Emma and Mr. Knightley?
这里并没有激♥情♥
There’s no animal passion.
看看弗兰克·邱吉尔和菲尔费克斯小姐
Look at Frank Churchill and Miss Fairfax.
你可以说他们真的相爱 因为他们有不轨的行为
You can tell they’re really in love because they behave so badly.
这样就好吗?
And that’s good?
从来都没有从爱玛和奈特利先生 之间感受到性
Emma and Mr. Knightley, you just never feel the sex.
我仍然觉得奈特利先生很招人喜欢 你不觉得吗?
Still, I think Mr. Knightley’s very yummy. Don’t you?
他是奥斯汀笔下的男主人中我最喜欢的
He may be my favorite of all the Austen men.
没有激♥情♥…
Sans passion I’amour n’est rien.
-这并不是简的主旋律 不是吗? -简?
-That’s not Jane’s theme, is it? -Jane?
听起来真温馨
That’s cozy.
我们应该读到的 并不是缺乏激♥情♥
What we’re meant to see is not the lack of passion
过于控制感情 并且不会爆发
so much as the control of it, and the not giving in.
(法语)
Apres moi, le deluge.
普鲁迪说得没错 这存在于所有的小说中
But Prudie’s right, it is in all the novels.
理智与情感 显而易见
Sense and Sensibility, obviously.
噢 还有在《曼斯菲尔德庄园》中 玛丽亚的不忠
Oh, and then there’s Maria’s infidelity in Mansfield Park.
我不记得在《曼斯菲尔德庄园》中 还有不忠
I forgot there’s infidelity in Mansfield Park.
奥斯汀一向都很保守
Austen’s all about keeping it zipped.
是的 但生理上的吸引不是 不可阻挡的吗?
Yeah, but isn’t physical attraction one of the ungovernable forces?
你要知道 就像地球引力 那才是我们喜欢它的原因
You know, like gravity. That’s what we like about it.
下坡 方开闸 失去控制 然后…
You know, downhill, release the brakes, loosen your grip, and…
是的 爱让人们变得疯狂
Yeah. Love makes people crazy.
-这并不是出轨的借口 -我同意
-It does not excuse bad behavior. -I agree.
奈特利先生疯狂的坠入爱河 “疯狂的 “他说的
And Mr. Knightley is violently in love. “Violently!” His word.
而且他从头到尾都是个绅士
And yet, he’s never anything but a gentleman.
-没错 会斥责人们的绅士 -他并不会斥骂左右人
-Yeah, a gentleman who scolds people. -Not everyone.
你知道 只有艾玛 只是针对他爱的女人
You know, just Emma, just the woman that he loves.
(法语)
C’est vrai. C’est typique.
男人可以对他爱的女人为所欲为
A man can do whatever he likes to the woman he loves.
我不认为这是奥斯汀想要表达的
I don’t think that’s what Austen’s saying.
其实 当艾玛遇到奈特利先生后 便不再疯狂了
Actually, Emma stops being crazy when she falls for Mr. Knightley.
这才是这本书的主旨 爱情是理智的
It’s the event of the book. Love is an act of sanity.
引起我兴趣的是 艾玛对威胁的感知
One thing that I noticed about Emma is the sense of menace.
吉普赛人 简·菲尔费克斯的 划船事故
The gypsies, Jane Fairfax’s boating accident,
伍德豪斯先生所担心的
Mr. Woodhouse’s worries.
奥斯汀所要表达的是 这一切都不是真实的 格瑞格
Austen’s entire thesis is that none of these things are real, Grigg.
我的意思是 艾玛生活在 自己的幻想中
I mean, Emma, she acts on the basis of her fantasies.
格瑞格 恐怕你完全理解错了
Yes, Grigg, I’m afraid you’ve just entirely missed the point.
我读了《艾玛》的情节
You know, I’ve read that the Emma plot,
攻击那些漂亮小姐
the humbling of the pretty,
这一直是所有的情节里最受女生欢迎的
know-it-all girl is the most popular plot of all time.
是的 所有人都得到满足
Yes, universally satisfying.
那么 对我有影响的
Okay. Well, what bothered me
是艾玛不停地撮合她的好朋友 哈里特和埃尔顿先生
was how Emma kept forcing her friend Harriet on Mr. Elton.
直到她发现谁是埃尔顿的父亲
And then she finds out who Harriet’s father is,
突然间 她很幸运的得到那个农夫
and suddenly, “Ew!” She’s lucky to get the farmer.
我觉得简在这里用的是讽刺的手法
I think Jane was being ironic there.
一些读者可能没有注意到
I think some readers might miss that.
-艾玛是个势力的人 -拜托
-Emma’s a snob. -Please.
人们本能的将自己的另一半划定为
People are instinctively drawn to partners
和自己外形相当的
who are their near equal in looks.
美女和王子的结婚 丑女和丑男
The pretty marry the pretty, the ugly the ugly.
我觉得应该是为了优化下一代
To the detriment of the breed, in my opinion.
天啊 你就是活生生的艾玛 不是吗?
God, you’re such an Emma. Isn’t she?
你喜欢把所有东西都凑成一双一对的 从狗到人
You’d love to pair up the whole world, from dogs to people.
把我和丹尼尔拉在一起
Put me together with Daniel.
你有很出色漂亮的孩子
And you had beautiful children.
噢 不 不用起来 乔斯琳 我去倒茶 抱歉
Oh, no, don’t get up, Jocelyn. I’ll get the tea. Sorry.
妈妈
Mom.
我希望我们没有吓到格瑞格
I hope we didn’t scare Grigg away.
-他很快就离开了 -我们会令他习惯的
-Yeah, he sure got out of here fast. -Yeah, we’ll toughen him up.
书友会是一个坏主意吗?
Was the book club a bad idea?
奥斯汀有自己的办法令你忘记
Austen has a way of making you forget that
大部分的婚姻都是离婚收场的
most marriages end in divorce.
她的一切都是和婚姻有关的 简
Well, she’s all about the weddings, Jane.
对 “简” 你听到了吗?
Yeah, “Jane.” Did you catch that?
哦 普鲁迪? “简和我知道我们在说些什么”
Oh, Prudie? “Jane and I, we know our themes.”
还有 为什么她要讲♥法♥文?
And why did she have to speak in French?
如果她讲♥法♥文 为什么她不去法国?
And if so, couldn’t she do it in France,
这样不会引起那么多的注意
where it’s less noticeable?
-我同情普鲁迪 -她嫁给了一个原始人
I feel for Prudie. She’s married to a complete Neanderthal.
-好了 等我到了达拉斯打给你 -还是这样吧
Okay, I will call you when I land in Dallas. You know what?
等我到了酒店再打给你 如果在比赛前还有时间的话
Let me call you when I check in the hotel if there’s time before the game,
-因为我们想早一点到那边 -嗯 就这样吧
-’cause we’re gonna wanna get there early. -Whatever, okay.
-希望你和你妈妈玩得开心
Have fun with your mom.
-嗨 天女 -嗨
-Hey, Sky. Hi. -Hi.
妈妈 你应该留在车里的
Mom, you were supposed to sit with the car.
我们会被罚款的
I’m gonna get a ticket!
-呦 -玩的开心
-Yo! -Get some ass!
嗯 我们今天做什么呢?
So… Hey, what’re we doing today?
我要去学校教课
Well, I’m teaching. It’s a school day, okay?
所以我要送你回家
So I’m gonna drop you at the house.
或者你可以开车去看看电影或做点别的事
Or you can take the car and you can go see a movie or something.
-不 我要和你一起 -不可以
-No, no, I’ll hang with you. -No, no, you can’t.
他们不许的
They don’t allow that.
妈妈 请你可不可以…天呀
Mom, could you… Oh, my God, please.
好了 够了
Okay, I can’t.
妈妈 我要迟到了 请你快点吧
Mom, I’m late. Please. Come on.
噢 管他们呢
Oh, ditch them. Blow them off.
告诉他们你妈妈不想在你工作时 在四处逛
Tell them your mother doesn’t wanna hang around while you go to work.
你的衣服怎么了? 你穿得就像个空姐
What’s the story with the clothes? You dress like a flight attendant.
不 这是老师的穿着打扮 或者这让你困惑
No, I dress like a teacher. Or it gets confusing.
妈妈 不要再犯傻了… 为了大家
Mom, mind your stupid… For everyone.
为什么有人会喜欢去教高中?
Why would anyone wanna teach high school?
我恨我的老师们
I hated my teachers.
好吧 我要把你送回家安顿好
Well, I’m just gonna settle you at the house.
不 我把你送去学校 我要开走车
No, I’ll drop you at school and then I’ll take the car.
-你能开车吗? -嗯?
-Should you be driving? -Huh?
好吧 记得在3:00的时候来接我
Okay, you know what? Just don’t forget to come get me at 3:00.
好吗? 不要忘了
Okay? Don’t forget.
我在排练音乐剧蓬岛仙舞 你介意和我对一下台词吗?
I’m in Brigadoon. Would you mind running lines with me?
“当然可以”
“Of course I’m all right.”
“如果你出了什么事 我也不想活了”
“I’d have died if anything had happened to you.
“我如此爱你”
“I love you so.”
“但你怎么如此确定 只有一天的时间? ”
“But how can you be sure in just one day?”
“我就是知道 这只是”
“I dinna know, ’tis just
“当一个少女陷入爱情或失恋时 她会很快察觉到”
“when a lass falls in and out of love, she knows it right away.”
-怎么了? -你的口音很好听
-What? -It’s a good accent.
我很有语言天赋 我只是认为…
Well, languages are my speciality. I just thought that…
法语老师
French teacher.
轮到你了
It’s your line.
“你认为你爱我吗”
“Do you think you’re in love with me?”
“认为? 只是认为有什么用? ”
“Think? What good does thinking do?
“但是我有些特别的感觉”
“But what I feel is something else.”
“那你感觉如何 汤姆? ”
“What do ye feel then, Tommy?”
之后我们接吻
And then we kiss.
谁和你演对手戏?
Who plays opposite you?
凯伦·巴维
Karen Bhave.
我觉得她来尝试出演的原因是 她认为我们会假戏真做
I think she only tried out because she thought we’d hook up during the play.
我发现那天你在图书馆里看我
I saw you watching me in the library.
-我并没有看你 -你在看
-I wasn’t watching. -You were watching.
没有 我在读书
No, I was reading.
-你在看 -我在读这个…
-You were watching. -I was reading this…
-我在读这本书… -噢 真的?
-I was reading this book… -Oh, yeah?
…关于在一个叫曼斯菲尔德庄园中 生活的人们
…about some people in this house called Mansfield Park.
-奥斯汀 -是的
-Austen. -Yeah.
我们准备在高级研究班演《曼斯菲尔德庄园》 所以
We’re doing Mansfield Park for senior seminar, so…
实际上我已经买♥♥了这本书
I actually bought the book already.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!