我不会放弃她 这是肯定的
And I won’t give her up. That’s non-negotiable.
西尔
Syl.
我真的很喜欢这部电影中的埃德蒙 你看过吗?
I really like Edmund in this movie. Have you seen it?
我爱这部电影
I love this movie.
噢 我很喜欢 但这不是《曼斯菲尔德庄园》
Oh, I like it, but it’s not Mansfield Park.
它更像是一种诠释
It’s more of an interpretation.
-你知道这本书吗? -知道
-Do you know the book? -Yes.
我刚好是教电影的
And I happen to teach film.
-你喜欢这部电影吗? -不
-Do you like this movie? -No.
你知道它是把范妮·普莱斯 和书的作者搞混了
Do you know it mixes up Fanny Price with the author of the book?
把伯特伦先生变成了 一个奴隶主
Makes Sir Bertram some kind of slave owner.
这样也不差啊
Well, it means well.
有点简·奥斯汀的影子 不是很好嘛
And a little Jane Austen’s better than none at all.
不 不 不 我说这些只是为了宽慰自己
No. No. No. That is how I talk myself into everything.
和我结婚的男人
I’m married to a man
为了篮球赛取消了我们的巴黎之行
who would cancel our trip to Paris for a basketball game,
令我在学生面前失去了威信
which is making me a fraud in front of my students.
一个没有去过法国的法语老师?
A French teacher who’s never been to France?
电影剧本非常出色
The screenplay is outstanding.
抱歉 我想和你谈谈 给我来
Excuse me. I’d like to talk to you. Come with me.
你看上去对简·奥斯汀非常了解
You seem to know a lot about Jane Austen.
是的
I do.
你要知道 普鲁迪 我结过六次婚
You know, Prudie, I’ve been married six times.
一开始总是最幸福的 这就是在一切结束时你的感觉
You’re always happy at first. It’s how you feel at the end that counts.
我在考虑 想要再次结婚 也许再结一次
I’ve been thinking, I’d like to get married again, maybe just once more.
我最爱的是本·温伯格 这就是本
My favorite was Ben Weinberg. And this is Ben.
他执导过弗雷德·阿斯泰尔的电影 不要低估了老男人
He produced Fred Astaire movies. Don’t underestimate older men.
我们住在贝弗莉山的房♥子 有一个游泳池
We lived in a house in Beverly Hills that had a little pond
一座小桥 还有金鱼
and a bridge and goldfish.
我就在那里遇到了我的朋友乔斯琳
That’s how I met my friend Jocelyn.
-卡洛斯 -我的荣幸
-Carlos. -My pleasure.
本是他的教父 她的家境富裕
Ben was her godfather. Her family’s loaded.
谁是乔斯琳?
Who’s Jocelyn again?
令我想要为她成立书友会的人 她失去了她的狗
The one I wanna start the book club for. Lost her dog?
快吃 所以 书友会
Eat. So, book club.
我可以叫来乔斯琳 也许还有西尔维娅
I can get Jocelyn and maybe Sylvia.
乔斯琳在高中时 将西尔维娅和丹尼尔撮合到一起
Jocelyn put Sylvia and Daniel together in high school.
他们从那以后就在一起 直到现在
They’ve been together ever since.
虽然西尔维娅想要让丹尼尔加入书友会
Though Sylvia’s gonna want Daniel in the book club,
但我觉得应该都是女人 你认为呢?
but I think it should be all women. Don’t you?
我是说 男人们总是装着很懂 却总是说不到重点
I mean, men, they pontificate and no one can get a word in edgewise.
-我觉得如果你… -而且女人不会插嘴
-Well, I think if you… -And women won’t butt in,
但是男人们只会演独角戏 抱怨 抱怨 抱怨
but men, they keep monologuing. Yammer, yammer, yammer.
而我们还要坚持听 为了照顾他们的情绪
And we keep listening, protecting their feelings.
-但是 如果… -而且男人不会参加书友会
-But if… -And men don’t do book clubs.
女人喜欢分享 但是男人
Women want to share, but men,
他们会将自己读后的感想储藏起来
they hoard what they read,
如果他们读书的话
if they crack open a book.
你丈夫会看书吗?
Does your husband read?
他在网上看
He reads stuff online.
你要知道 那还不及西尔维娅所读的冰山一角
You know, it’s gonna be like extracting teeth to get Sylvia,
因为她真的已经看过太多书了
because she has to read so much already.
她在州立图书馆工作 但是 噢 不 好吧
She works at the state library. But, oh! Hey, no. Okay.
这主意太棒了
Now, this is brilliant.
我们只读我们都读过的书 那不时很有灵感?
We’ll only do books we’ve already read. Is that inspired?
我们怎么知道什么书是大家都读过的
How do we know what books all of us have read?
这不是很明显吗?
Isn’t it obvious?
《曼斯菲尔德庄园》《傲慢与偏见》
Mansfield Park, Pride and Prejudice,
《艾玛》《诺桑觉寺》《劝导》
Emma, Northanger Abbey, Persuasion.
-我漏掉了一个 -《理智与感情》
-I’m leaving some… -Sense and Sensibility.
理智与感情
And Sense and Sensibility. It’s been three years
自从我上次读理智与感情已经有三年了 我要去小便
since I’ve read Sense and Sensibility. I have to pee.
当我回来时 我要热柠檬水
When I get back, hot water and lemon.
而且我们还要再找多两个人
And we still have to think of two more people.
六本小说 六个人
Six novels, six people.
我们每个人将要负责一本书
We’ll each be responsible for one book.
只有简·奥斯汀 所有的时间
All Jane Austen, all the time!
真是个完美的解药
It’s the perfect antidote.
-什么的解药? -生活的解药
-To what? -To life.
我要《傲慢与偏见》
I get Pride and Prejudice.
我打电♥话♥到图书馆 告诉他们你得了支气管炎
I called the library and said you had bronchitis.
圣安妮·玛丽将你的 原住民会议改到下周了
Anne Marie’s moving your indigenous peoples meeting to next week.
我应该去参加的
I should go in.
帕姆·格尔在伯特完成了法律学士学位
Pam Gower did her law degree at Bolt,
在2002年通过了司法考试
passed the bar in 2002.
她还很嫩
She’s an infant.
她在2006年加入了PLA律师事务所
She joined the firm of Perry, Liebman, Avila in 2006.
这里写她在2005年离婚
Says here she was divorced in 2005.
贱♥人♥ 她和丹尼尔真般配
Bitch. She went right for Daniel.
她45岁
She’s 45.
她已经不年轻了
She’s not even young.
-你觉得他是不是得了脑癌? -我认为他是陷入爱河了
-Do you think he has a brain tumor? -I think he fell in love.
那我宁可相信脑癌
Well, I’m rooting for the brain tumor.
我们这个年纪的人不可能恋爱
People our age don’t fall in love.
我是说 我们从来都没有爱过
I mean, I’ve never even been in love.
-你从来没有爱过? -我有性♥伴♥侣♥
-You’ve never been in love? -I’ve had sexual partners.
我也不清楚 我不反对恋爱
I mean, I don’t know. I wouldn’t mind falling in love,
但对我来说 那些很不切实际
but it just all seems like fiction to me, anyway.
为了那些虚幻的东西 他就这样抛弃了20年的婚姻
Well, for a fiction, he just threw 20 years of marriage away
在冲动下
on an impulse.
你们觉得 他会不会所有的时间都在想
Do you think he was thinking, the whole time,
“我实在等不及离开这里了”?
“I can’t wait to get out of here?”
-我真的那么令人厌倦? -当然不是
-Am I really that uninteresting? -No.
我真无法相信自己在这个年龄孤身一人
I can’t believe I’m alone at this age.
妈妈 你不是一个人
Mom, you’re not alone.
听我说 单身并不是世界末日
And listen to me. Alone’s not the end of the world.
你结婚这么久以来 没有结婚的我也一直生活得很开心
For as many years as you’ve been married I’ve been quite happily unmarried.
一切都太不公平了
It’s just so unfair.
他可以在这个年纪重新开始新的生活
He can start his life over again. And at this age.
你知道 男人可以这样 而女人…一切都结束了
You know, men can do that. Women… It’s over.
你还很漂亮 妈妈
You’re beautiful, Mommy.
没错 有才能而且有趣
Yes, and accomplished and interesting.
你并不是没有选择 西尔维娅
You’re not without your options, Sylvia.
丹尼尔才是那个有选择权的人 他可以和任何人上♥床♥
Daniel’s the one with options. He can sleep with anyone.
20岁时 人们会说”一切才刚开始 丹尼尔”
Twenty-year-olds. People will say, “Way to go, Daniel.”
如果我尝试和那么年轻的人上♥床♥ 就太可悲了
If I tried to sleep with someone that age, it’d be pathetic.
没错 那是因为我这个年龄的男人都很没用
Well, yeah, that’s ’cause guys my age are lame.
-我的身体会慢慢变成一个博物馆的 -不 不会的
-My body will become a museum. -No, it won’t.
我们会帮你申请加入我的健身中心的会员
We’ll get you a membership to my gym.
你也许会遇见意中人的
You might even meet somebody.
我并不想见到什么人
I don’t wanna meet someone.
我只想要把头盖住看小说
I wanna pull the covers over my head and read novels.
还有吃东西
And eat.
我饿死了
I’m starving.
阿莱格拉 帮我去拿一打鸡蛋
Allegra, mija, go get me a dozen eggs.
-我要做一个果馅饼 -好的
-I’m gonna make a flan. -Okay.
你这个周末能陪她吗?
Can you stay with her this weekend?
-实际上 我准备搬回来住 -真的?
-Actually, I’m moving back in. -Really?
我的租的房♥子差不多到期了 我不想让她独自一个人住
My lease is almost up and, you know, I won’t let her be here alone.
噢 亲爱的 那真是…谢谢 你太贴心了
Oh, sweetie, that’s… Thank you. You’re amazing.
你看 这就是人们想要孩子的原因
See, that’s why people have children.
在我十岁的时候 我爸爸离开了我妈妈
My father left my mom when I was 10.
我第一个告诉的人就是西尔维娅
Sylvia was the first person I told.
就在我发觉我们是最好朋友的时候
That’s when I knew we were really best friends.
我会在斯特克顿的饲者大会
I’m gonna be at Stockton at the Breeders’ Convention,
如果你要我帮忙的话 知道啦?
if you need me, okay?
-你是来参加巴菲会议的吗? -噢 不是
-Are you here for the Buffy conference? -Oh, no.
抱歉
Excuse me.
我的狗有一个一模一样的项圈
My dog has the same exact collar.
-她是隐形人 -什么?
-She was invisible. -What?