这是有关两个原本相爱的人
It’s about these two people who used to love each other.
他们不再相爱了
And they don’t anymore.
他们互相劝导再给对方一个机会
And it’s how they persuade themselves to give it another try.
我来帮你开始 好吗?
Look, I can get you started off. Okay?
-“沃特·埃利特爵士… -普鲁迪
-“Sir Walter Eliot… -Prudie.
是一个住在撒玛莎
“…of Kellynch Hall in Somersetshire was a man who…
从来不喜欢阅读…”
“for his own amusement, never took up any book but the…”
你是不可能把这读完的
Come on, you’re really not gonna read all of this out loud.
就一页
One page.
“在那儿他找到他的兴趣
“There he found occupation for an idle hour
和他的解脱”
“and consolation in a distressed one.”
-来 -我一直想要弄清楚
-Come on. -So I’ve been trying to figure out
在《劝导》里王特沃跟安
that moment in Persuasion when Wentworth and Anne
重新不再痛恨对方的那一刻
just began to stop hating each other.
也许因为他们跟大家去了莱姆
Maybe it’s when they went with everyone to Lyme.
在路易莎·慕斯洛夫爱上他以后
After Louisa Musgrove fell.
在王特沃利用路易莎让安嫉妒之后
After Wentworth used her to make Anne jealous.
你觉得他在利用路易莎吗?
You think he was using Louisa?
对啊 这是一种解释
Yeah. That’s one interpretation.
-我觉得那男人只是想要觉得… -有价值
-I think the guy was just trying to feel… -Valued again.
这是个愚蠢的举动
It was a bonehead move.
离开安 他根本不是什么
I mean, he knows he’s nothing without Anne.
他以前爱她 现在还是
He loved her then, he loves her now.
我喜欢奥斯汀总让男人表述他们自己
I like how Austen always lets the men explain themselves.
达西在《傲慢与偏见》中给伊丽莎白写信
Darcy writes a letter to Elizabeth Bennet in Pride and Prejudice,
弗兰克写给艾玛
and Frank writes to Emma.
没错 在《劝导》里 一切都围绕在大家讲话时
Yeah, in Persuasion, everything hangs on Wentworth leaving her that note
-王特沃留给她的纸条 -对啊 很奸诈
-when everybody’s talking all around them. -Yeah. Yeah. Sneaky.
不 聪明的男人 最好的时机
No, smart guy. Perfect timing.
没错
Yeah.
让我们不要小看信的作用
Let us never underestimate the power of a well-written letter.
格瑞格一直都很喜欢狗
Grigg has always loved dogs.
我们小时候一直不被准许养狗
You know, we were never allowed to have one when we were kids.
狗跟书 就是格瑞格的全部
Dogs and books. That’s our Grigg.
我弟弟也许会恨我说出来 但他喜欢你
Okay, he’d kill me for saying this, but my brother likes you.
我想他永远都不会说 所以一切都取决与你
I’m figuring he’ll never tell you. And this way it’s up to you.
我的姐妹跟我 不能说我们害了他
My sisters and me, I wouldn’t say we ruined him,
但他总是太多顾虑 不敢跨出第一步
but he’s just way too considerate to make the first move.
-嘿 -嘿
-Hey. -Hey.
我真希望奥斯汀写了更多的书
I was just wishing that Austen had written a bunch more books, you know?
实在不想结束
I’m gonna miss this.
“所有的女士都悄悄的
“All of the ladies were contented to pass quietly
小心地走下去
and carefully down the steep flight,
除了路易莎
“excepting Louisa.
她总要王特沃船长接住她
“She must be jumped down them by Captain Wentworth.
然后再开心的走上去
“She was safely down and instantly, to show her enjoyment,
之后再跳下来
“ran up the steps to be jumped down again.
她让她不要这样做 但是…”
“He advised her against it, but no…”
见鬼
Shoot.
对不起 我应该先打来的 我读了这些书
I’m so sorry. I should’ve called first. I read these books.
很喜欢它们
I love them.
一直停不下来
I couldn’t stop reading.
我去晚上开着的书报亭
I went to the all-night newsstand on State Street
买♥♥下一部《海路》
to buy Searoad, the next one,
-但他们没有 而且… -你要借《海路》吗?
-but they didn’t have it, and… -Do you wanna borrow Searoad?
我是说 我有…而且…
I mean, I have… You know, there…
也许有别的作家你也会喜欢
There are other writers that you might like.

Hey.
亲爱的
Hi, honey.
我不知道你会这么早回来
I didn’t expect you back so soon.
等等
Wait, wait, wait.
嘿 有人读过帕特里克·欧布赖恩的小说吗?
Hey, has anyone read those Patrick O’Brian novels?
-英国舰队 -没错 简·奥斯汀舰队 1805
-British Navy. -Yeah. Jane Austen’s navy, 1805.
我也看过 但不是好像有 大概20几本吧?
Yeah. But aren’t there, like, 20 of them?
-我们现在有更多的人了 -我加入
-There’s more of us now. -I’m in.
天哪 那不是伯纳黛特吗?
Oh, my God, is that Bernadette?
我以为她现在在哥斯达黎加
I thought she was in Costa Rica.
大家好 这是斯♥诺♥·欧班多
Buenas noches, everyone. This is Senor Obando.
-你们好 -你好
-Hola. -Hello.
-你们好 -他在学英文
-Hello. -He’s working on his English.
-而我正在学西班牙语 -你好
-I’m working on my Spanish. -Hello.
到现在我只学会了”我爱你”
And so far I have te amo.
跟”老公”
And mi esposo.
-哦 天哪 -祝贺你
-Oh, my God! -Congratulations!
-太美了 -太漂亮了 祝贺你
-That’s incredible! -That’s incredible. Congratulations!
-美到难以置信 -谢谢
-Oh, it’s gorgeous. -Thank you.
-真高兴看见你 -祝贺你
-I’m so happy for you. -Congratulations.
-爸 过来看 -让我们给你来杯酒 达西先生
-Dad, check it out. -Well, let’s get you a drink, Mr. Darcy.
-别去得太久 -第七次了
-Don’t be gone too long. -Yikes. That makes seven.
-什么? -没错
-What? -Yeah.
嘿 朋友们 朋友们
Hey, guys. Guys.
他连奥斯汀的一个字都没读过
He hasn’t read a word of Austen.
哦 可怜的人
Oh, poor man.
我们会搞定的
Ah, yeah. We’ll fix that.
-干杯 -干杯
-Cheers! -Cheers!

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!