也许爸爸可以放弃他的那个女人
Maybe Daddy’ll give up this woman he’s been fucking.
-阿莱格拉 -但是科琳 我一定要离开她
-Allegra. -But Corinne, I’m dumping the bitch.
-我们要迟到了 -我叫计程车
-We’re gonna be so late. -I’ll call a cab.
我不能让丹尼尔跟帕姆进图书馆的时候
I will not let Sylvia be alone
留着西尔维娅一个人
when Daniel walks into that library with Pam.
你有电♥话♥吗?
You got your phone?
我去找投币电♥话♥
I’ll find a payphone.
你喜欢西尔维娅吗?
Are you attracted to Sylvia?
恩 她…她人很好
Yeah, she’s, um… She’s nice.
不只是人好 她既聪明又可爱…
She’s more than nice. She’s smart and funny…
-而且她爱着她的丈夫 -她得要忘记这个
-And she’s in love with her husband. -Well, she needs to get over that.
你为什么不停止干涉呢? 让西尔维娅过她自己的生活
Why don’t you stop interfering? Let Sylvia work out her own life.
我只是想让我最好的朋友开心
It’s interfering to want my best friend to be happy.
如果那是干涉的话 我想我永远不会停止
If that’s interfering, I hope I never stop.
那我呢? 我是你朋友吗?
What about me? Am I your friend?
或者我只是你让西尔维娅开心的玩偶?
Or am I just some widget to help you make Sylvia feel better about herself?
你为什么邀请我参加你的书友会?
Why did you invite me to be part of your book club?
你第一次见到我的时候在想什么?
What went through your mind the first time you saw me?
“那个男人想读完简·奥斯汀的所有书”
“There’s a man who is dying to read every book Jane Austen ever wrote.”
-你是这么想的吗? -不
-Is that what you thought? -No.
但我想”好漂亮的女人 真希望她看我一眼”
But I thought, “What a beautiful woman. I hope she looks over at me.”
我以为只要我看你喜欢的书 你也会看我的
I thought if I read your favorite books that you would read mine.
但是 不不不 你只想被服从
But, no, no, no. You just wanna be obeyed.
所以你养狗
That’s why you have dogs.
对于一个久负盛名的浪漫故事
For such a famously romantic story,
《傲慢与偏见》描写了种种 千奇百怪的婚姻
Pride and Prejudice is a parade of bizarre marriages.
我几乎拥有书里面的每一段婚姻
I’ve had every marriage in this book.
我的第一个丈夫是政客
My first husband was a politician.
他总是为我的每一个举动感到丢脸
He was embarrassed by every move I made.
他说我讲话大声没有礼貌
He said I was rude and loud.
“别把你的胸部对着其他人” 他会这么跟我说
“Stop pointing your breasts everywhere,” he’d say to me.
我那时17岁 就像夏洛特·卢卡斯
I was 17. I was Charlotte Lucas.
我跟第一个认真看我的男人结婚
I married the first man who looked at me.
(法语)
Tout le monde est sage apres le coup.
你总是太晚看清你的婚姻
You don’t see your own marriage until it’s too late.
恩…事实上 我以为夏洛特·卢卡斯是同性恋
So, um… I actually thought that Charlotte Lucas was gay.
真的 因为她跟丽孜说她并没有那么浪漫
Really, I think that when she tells Lizzie she’s not as romantic as she is,
我觉得她是这么想的
I think that’s what she means.
夏洛特·卢卡斯不是同性恋 她只是没有其他选择
Charlotte Lucas is not gay. She’s not. She just… She just has no options.
等等 奥斯汀想让夏洛特成为同性恋
Wait. Austen meant Charlotte to be gay
还是夏洛特是同性恋 而奥斯汀不知道?
or Charlotte is gay and Austen is not aware of it?
我好喜欢这种说法
I just love the idea of a character having a secret life
角色有作者不所知的另一面
that the author doesn’t even know about.
事实上我很敬佩夏洛特
You know, frankly, I kind of admire Charlotte
因为她在那样的情况下决定嫁给科林斯先生
for looking at her situation and deciding to marry Mr. Collins.
因为也许她知道这不是她真心爱的人
I mean, yes, yes, she knows he’ll never be the “love of her life,”
但这有什么
but that’s okay.
这正是乔斯琳讨厌她的理由
That is exactly the reason that Jocelyn would hate her.
乔斯琳对于愿意退而求其次的人
Jocelyn has contempt for anyone
总是有不同的看法
who settles for anything less than the perfect love.
也许也是乔斯琳从来没结婚的原因
You know, it’s probably why Jocelyn has never married.
对不起 来晚了
My apologies, everybody.
-你好 -好啊
-Hello. -Hi.
我们的植物油烧完了
We ran out of donut grease.
-格瑞格·哈里斯 -迪安·德朗姆
-Grigg Harris. -Dean Drummond.
-等等 格瑞格…书友会的格瑞格? -是的
-Wait, Grigg… Grigg from the book club? -Yeah.
因为普鲁迪说”格瑞格”的时候
No, it’s just Prudie would say “Grigg,”
我没把他想象成是男的
and I just didn’t picture it as a guy.
你以为格瑞格是女的?
So you thought Grigg was a girl?
迪安甚至以为”奥斯汀”是德克萨斯的州府
Dean thinks “Austen” is the capital of Texas.

Wow.
你们发现了简从来不写
You’ll notice that Jane,
婚后的生活
she never shows what happens after the wedding.
也许伊丽莎白跟达西最后互相讨厌
Maybe Elizabeth and Darcy start hating each other.
也许丽孜最后去了潘波利
Maybe Lizzie went off to Pemberley,
变成一个疯狂的女人 跟她妈妈一样
and she turned into this crazy person, like her mom,
因为妈妈总像定时炸♥弹♥
because our mothers are like time bombs.
她们总是…在我们心里倒数
They just… They tick away inside of us.
我们不应该过多的讨论本纳特太太
Let’s not give Mrs. Bennet more importance than she deserves.
-那么那个爸爸呢? -什么爸爸?
-You know, I mean, what about the father? -What father?
我妈妈给我看了 一个穿着军装的男人的照片
You know, my mom showed me a picture of a guy in uniform.
也许她只是把他捏造出来的
Well, maybe she made him up.
也许她是从跳蚤市场买♥♥来的
Or maybe she bought it at a garage sale.
但我把它一直放在我的房♥里
And I kept it in my room, this…
一直放在房♥里
I kept it in my room.
我们别说这个了 好吗?
Let’s not do this now, okay?
迪安 我来
Dean, I got it.
伯纳黛特
Bernadette.
丹尼尔一直都没来
Daniel never came.
很好
Good.
我爱上了我的一个学生
I’m in love with one of my students.
但是什么也没有发生 没什么特别的
But I mean, nothing’s happened. Much.
但是有这个可能
But it could.
如果我退让的话是有可能的
It could, if I let it.
我总是一直在幻想他
I fantasize about him constantly.
亲爱的 你妈妈过世了 应该要悲伤
Sweetie, your mother died. This is grief.
他看着我 就像汤匙看着一盘冰淇淋
He looks at me like he’s the spoon, and I’m the dish of ice cream.
很幸运我们马上要读到《理智与情感》
It’s a good thing we’re reading Sense and Sensibility next.
-我爱你 -但是你怎么会在一天里就体会到?
-I love you so. -But how can you be sure in just one day?
我不知道
I do not know.
也许爱情就是这样的吧
‘Tis just when a lass falls in or out of love, she knows it right away.
-你想你爱我吗? -想?
-You think you’re in love with me? -Think?
如果我有其他的感觉想又有什么用?
What good does thinking do but what I feel is something else?
-嘿 你把石膏拆了 -是啊
-Hey, you got your cast off. -Yeah.
-感觉怎么样? -很好
-How does it feel? -Great.
你可以抓到的 把手臂伸长
You can reach it. Just really stretch your arm out.
做得好 借用一下绳子的摇摆
There you go. Just give the rope a little bit of a shake.
你可以的…可以把你的…
You can do it, there… Can you put your…
可以把你的脚放到那个蓝色的东西上吗?
Can you put your right foot in that blue thing?
没事的
It’s gonna be fine.
-来 等一下 -你可以的
-Here, hang on. -You can reach it.
-用力伸长 -够不到
-Just reach up. -It’s caught.
很好 你做的很好
It’s okay. You’re doing good.
我很好 我都没有受伤 没什么的
I’m totally okay. I’m not even hurt. It’s nothing.
对不起 你得留在这儿
I’m sorry, I have to stop you here.
应该只是骨折
It’s not likely to be anything more than a concussion.
我得让阿莱格拉住院观察几天 好吗?
I’d like to keep Allegra under observation for a few days, okay?
如果你要找我的话 我是叶医生
And if you need to reach me, I’m Dr. Yep.
我们得要来几次看她缝针?
How many times have we had to come here to get her stitched up?
-总是阿莱格拉 从来不是那些男孩 -她喜欢攀岩
-It’s always Allegra, never the boys. -Well, she’s the one
滑板 滑雪
who goes mountain climbing and skateboarding and snowboarding.
她没去跳伞简直是奇迹
It’s a miracle she never tried parachuting.
她总是那么极端
She’s so extreme.
前一分钟还跟科琳爱的死去活来
One minute she’s crazy in love with Corinne,
下一分钟就恨之入骨
the next minute she’s never hated anybody more.
-她会没事的
-She’s gonna be okay, right? -She’s fine.
她只是被小撞了一下
She just took a knock on the noodle.
可能听起来似乎 有点可怕
This is gonna sound, probably, horrible, considering the fact that
头也许会有点肿 不过… 只是…
she’s got this lump on her head, but… It’s just…
我们能在一起真是太好了
It’s great to have us all in the same room again.
感觉一切都很平常
Just feels so normal.
平常 呵呵
Normal, yeah.
你知道吗 我已经几个月没见帕姆了
You know, I haven’t been seeing Pam for a couple of months now.
那是变化很大啦
So, that must be a big change.
今天早上我在想我们的那个书友会
You know, I was thinking just this morning
阿莱格拉和我
about this book club that we’re in, Allegra and me.
第一次的会面…
The first meeting was…
我们刚刚分开 阿莱格拉刚搬进来
Yeah, we had just been separated. ‘Cause Allegra had just moved in.
我感觉到自己的变化
And I was realizing how different I feel.
我想我不再是你离开的那个女人了
I don’t think I’m the same woman that you left.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!