Your glasses. Pass me those when I need them.
待会把眼镜拿给我
Amanda, you’re gonna love this.
你一定会喜欢
It’s so funny. I mean, you’ll fall off your chair, it’s so funny.
超好笑的 你会笑到从椅子上跌下来
Hello.
大家好
Hello, my name is Mr. Napkin Head.
我是餐巾头先生
Hello, children. Who’s this? She’s a stranger?
小朋友们好 这位小姐是谁呀?
Amanda. And why has she got a funny accent?
阿曼达 她为什么有奇怪的腔调?
Amanda. Yeah, but where is she from?
阿曼达 她到底是从哪里来的呢?
Now smoke!
现在表演抽烟
Go on.
快点啦
Smoking’s really bad for you.
抽烟有害健康
Amanda, guess what. We have a tent in our playroom.
阿曼达 我跟你说哦 我们的游戏室有帐篷
Do you want to see it? No, no, no.
想看吗? 不
Amanda will not crawl into your tent.
阿曼达不会爬进帐篷
You don’t like tents?
你不喜欢帐篷吗?
Okay, this is seriously cool. Come inside.
这真的超赞的 进来吧
Lie down. Okay.
躺下来 好的
Here, Amanda. You can use my pillow. Thank you.
阿曼达 用我的枕头 谢谢你
Lie down! Can you please stop being so bossy?
快躺下来 别这么爱指挥
Lie down, please, next to me. Okay.
躺到我的旁边 好的
very nice.
真是的
Excuse me.
对不起
This is an exceptionally great tent.
这个帐篷真的很棒
It’s got something, hasn’t it? It’s cozy.
的确是很不错 很舒服哦
Who cut out all these beautiful stars?
漂亮的星星是谁做的?
We did. The Three Musketeers!
我们 我们是三剑客
Amanda?
阿曼达?
Yes? You smell lovely. Do I?
恩? 你好香哦 真的吗?
Yes. I love perfume, but he won’t let me wear it.
我超爱香水 可是爸爸不让我搽
Because you already smell so good.
因为你已经很香了
So do you, by the way. Thanks.
你也一样 谢谢
But I’m older, so I guess I’m allowed. Exactly.
我是大人 可以搽香水 没错
I like your eye shadow. Thank you.
我喜欢你的眼影 谢谢你
And your lipstick. Thank you. It’s new.
还有你的口红 谢谢 这是新上市的
What’s it called? I think it’s called Berry Kiss.
叫什么? 我记得好像叫浆果之吻
very Berry Kiss it is.
那就是浆果之吻
Berry Kiss.
浆果之吻
Let’s see? It looks good on you. Amanda?
你搽了很好看 阿曼达
You know, if you wanted to sleep over, that would be all right.
你可以在这里过夜
We could push our beds together.
我们可以把床拼起来
That’s so sweet of you to invite me, but maybe another time.
谢谢你亲切的邀请 不过改天吧
Would that be all right? Yes.
好不好? 好吧
Good girl.
乖女儿
We never have grownups here that are girls.
每次来的大人都不是女生
I know. I really like it.
对啊 我真的喜欢这样
Me too.
我也是
I can’t imagine anyone being a bigger hit with my children.
没想到我的女儿这么喜欢你
They’re really great, Graham.
她们真的很可爱
Sophie’s unfortunately taken on the role as my protector.
苏菲觉得她要保护我
She’s brilliant, but I hate it when she worries about me.
她老是替我担心
And Olivia’s gonna be a real ball-buster.
还有奥莉薇 她跋扈又爱指挥
Which, I must admit, I kind of love about her.
不过我很喜欢她这一点
I’m trying to figure out why you didn’t tell me about them.
你为什么不告诉我?
Because I just don’t usually tell women about them.
我通常不告诉我认识的女人
But it’s just a little confusing
我不懂
because you’re the one who wanted to go out to lunch to get to know one another.
那天你希望我们多了解对方
When you put it that way, it sounds awful.
你这么说让我觉得好内疚
I have no defense. Except that until I get to know someone really well
我不说是因为 除非我真的了解对方
it’s easier for me to be a normal, single guy.
假装是单身对我比较容易
Because it’s way too complicated to be who I really am.
单亲爸爸的身份太复杂了
I’m a full-time dad. I’m a working parent. I’m a mother and a father.
我是个全职父亲要工作 还必须身兼母职
I’m a guy who reads parenting books and cookbooks before I go to sleep.
我睡前要看亲子书籍和食谱
I spend my weekends buying tutus. I’m learning to sew.
周末买♥♥芭蕾舞裙 还在学缝纫
I’m Mr. Napkin Head! I’m on some kind of constant overload
而且我是餐巾头先生 这一切都太累人了
and it helps to compartmentalize my life.Just till I figure this out.
我必须把生活分成区块 直到我完全习惯为止
This past weekend, the children were with their grandparents.
这周末孩子们在爷爷奶奶家
And when they’re gone, I get to be somebody
她们不在家
who doesn’t have hot chocolate spilled on his jeans.
我才能暂时卸下当爸爸的重担
I have no idea how to date and be this.
我不知道该怎么约会同时又当爸爸
And I suppose there’s the possibility I’m afraid of what another person
而且我担心如果我真的交了一个女朋友
might do to who we are and how we get from one day to the next.
我们该怎么过日子
Yeah. I guess since I am leaving in a week, I.
既然我一星期后就要离开
I sort of get you not telling me. Sort of.
我能理解你为什么不告诉我 算是吧
I thought it would be hard to introduce them to someone I may never see again.
我不想让她们认识再也见不到的人
Right.
是啊
Because I’m just someone you had sex with once and slept with twice.
我只跟你嘿♥咻♥一次 睡过两次
I thought I was just someone you had sex with once and slept with twice.
是你跟我嘿♥咻♥一次 睡过两次
Oh, man. I think we just went way past complicated.
天啊 这比复杂还要复杂
Right. I’m a book editor from London.
我是伦敦的出版社编辑
You’re a beautiful movie trailer-maker from L.A.
你是洛杉矶的电影广♥告♥公♥司♥老板
We’re worlds apart.
我们相隔两个世界
I have a cow in the back yard.
我家后院有一头乳牛
You have a cow? Yeah.
你养了一头乳牛? 对
I sew and I have a cow.
我缝衣服 也养乳牛
How’s that for hard to relate to?
你一定无法想像吧
Pretty up there.
是无法想像
Exactly.
这就对了
Morning, Jesus. Good morning.
早安 赫苏 早安
Santa Anas? Oh, yeah, long time now.
圣塔安纳季风 吹了好一阵子了
Hi, Marta. Hi, Iris.
嗨 玛塔 嗨 爱丽丝
Hi there. Hello!
你好
Good morning. I counted.
早安 我数过了
Nine movies are opening today.
今天有九部电影上映
I remember when nine movies would open in a month.
以前一个月才有九部电影
Now a picture has to make a killing the first weekend or they’re dead.
现在的电影首周票房♥不好就完了
This is supposed to be conducive to great work?
这样拍得出好电影吗?
Arthur, have you always been this feisty?
你一向都这么愤世嫉俗吗?
Well, I may have slowed down a little, but yes.
最近好很多 不过本性难移
You’ve gotta fight the fight, kid.
你一定要坚持己见
Okay, your mail. Gas company, phone bill.
这是你的信件 瓦斯费 电♥话♥费帐单
And a letter from the Writers Guild of America, West.
还有一封美国编剧工会寄来的信
Are you watching the movies I recommended?
你看了我推荐的电影吗?
Yes! Love them. Irene Dunne is fantastic.
看了 超喜欢的 艾伦·邓恩演得很棒
Gumption. Oh, my God, tons of it.
聪明又有自信 她超有自信的
Arthur, don’t you want to open that letter you just threw in the bin?
你不拆那封信吗?
No. They keep writing me about the same thing.
不要 他们一直寄同样的信
But it might be important. It’s not.
也许很重要 不重要
They want to arrange some kind of tribute to me.
他们要举♥行♥向我致敬的晚会
A night with me. I don’t know. It sounds God-awful.
与我共度一晚 听起来很可怕
What are you talking about? That sounds brilliant!
什么? 听起来很棒呀
Would you like to walk out on a stage,on a walker,looking 100 years old
你会想扶着助行器走上舞台 老态龙钟的样子
and see 11 schnooks who showed up just to see you?
而下面有十一个傻蛋在看你吗?
They can forget it. I ain’t falling for this.
想都别想 我才不会上这种当
So now, what’s up?
你在干嘛?
May I?
我能拆开来吗?
An Evening With Arthur Abbott.
向亚瑟·艾毕致敬
Dear Mr. Abbott…several attempts to contact you regarding.
亲爱的艾先生…曾多次与您联♥系♥
We have not yet received your response.
尚未得到您的回音
This special night will be a tribute to your
这是向您致敬的特别晚会
Lifetime screenwriting achievement and contribution to the profession.
感谢您在编剧方面的终生成就
Congratulations on this much-deserved honor.
并且恭喜您获得同行的肯定
Arthur, this is a big deal. You know, and they want to do this soon.
这场晚会很隆重 他们想尽快举♥行♥
Listen, I reckon that with a little bit of exercise
我觉得你只要做一些运动
you could walk out on your own.
就能自己走上舞台
And,you know,maybe I could go with you.As,like,your date or something.
也许我可以当你的女伴陪你出席
I would take you proudly, my darling, but I’m not going.
那会是我的荣幸 不过我不去
Anyway, how would you propose to get me in shape? Seriously.
你打算怎么让我自己走路?
Easy.
很简单
You’re doing really well. Nearly there.
你做得很好 就快到了
Bravo!
很好