I have found almost everything ever written about love to be true.
我发现所有关于爱情的描述都是真的
Shakespeare said, “Journeys end in lovers meeting. ”
莎士比亚曾说 “恋人总在旅程的终点相会”
What an extraordinary thought.
好浪漫的想法啊
Personally, I have not experienced anything remotely close to that
虽然我从没有过这种经验
but I’m more than willing to believe Shakespeare had.
但是我相信莎翁有过
I suppose I think about love more than anyone really should.
我对爱情一向比别人 想得更多
I’m constantly amazed by its sheer power to alter and define our lives.
也深切地相信 爱情能改变人生
It was Shakespeare who also said, “Love is blind. ”
莎士比亚也说 “爱情是盲目的”
Now, that is something I know to be true.
这一点我肯定是真的
For some, quite inexplicably, love fades.
对一些人来说 爱情是渐渐消逝
For others, love is simply lost.
对另外一些人来说 爱情只是简单的失去
But then, of course, love can also be found.
当然 有些人则能轻易找到爱情
Even if just for the night.
就算只是一♥夜♥情♥
And then there’s another kind of love.
当然还有另一种爱情
The cruelest kind.
最残酷的那一种
The one that almost kills its victims.
足以让人痛不欲生
It’s called unrequited love.
那就是单恋
Of that, I am an expert..
而我…就是这方面的专家
Most love stories are about people who fall in love with each other.
爱情故事通常讲的是两个人相爱
But what about the rest of us?
但是像我们这种人呢?
What about our stories?
我们的故事又是怎样呢?
Those of us who fall in love alone.
我们孤独地坠入爱河
We are the victims of the one-sided affair.
我们是单恋的苦主
We are the cursed of the loved ones.
也是受诅咒的受害者
We are the unloved ones. The walking wounded.
更是没人疼没人爱的可怜虫
The handicapped without the advantage of a great parking space.
就像找不到停车位的残障人士
Yes, you are looking at one such individual.
而我就是这样一个女子
And I have willingly loved that man for over three miserable years.
我死心塌地 痛苦地单恋了那个男人三年
The absolute worst years of my life.
是我这一生中最痛苦的三年
The worst Christmases, the worst birthdays.
圣诞节很难熬 过生日更没人陪
New Year’s Eves brought in by tears and Valium.
除夕只能放声大哭 狂吞镇静剂
These years I’ve been in love have been the darkest days of my life
我身陷在黑暗的枷锁中
all because I’ve been cursed by being in love with a man
只因为我无可救药的爱上一个男人
who does not and will not love me back.
却没得到相同的回报
Oh, God, just the sight of him.
上帝呐 只要看到他
Heart. pounding, throat thickening, absolutely can’t swallow.
我的心就狂跳 喉咙干到无法吞咽
All the usual symptoms.
全都是单相思的症状
Oh, Jasper. Don’t tell me you’re still…
是杰斯柏 别跟我说你还…
No, no, no, that’s over. very over.
没有 早就结束了
What’s the story with you two anyway?
你们两个到底是怎么了?
You were shagging him, weren’t you?
那时候你不是在跟他上♥床♥吗?
More importantly, I was in love with him, truth be known.
重点是 我当时爱他
Then you found out he was shagging that drip from Circulation.
后来你发现他搞上发行部的骚货
Which is when I stopped shagging him.
所以我也就不再跟他上♥床♥
We shouldn’t be talking about this at the office party.
别在这儿谈这件事
But I always see you two together.
但我老看到你们俩在一起
He cheated on you, but you stayed friends?
他搞劈腿 你还把他当朋友?
I was head over heels, you know? Everyone knew.
我就是忘不了他 大家都知道
Does it look like I’m crying right now? No, no, no.
我看起来是不是在哭? 没…
No, it just looks like it’s the smoke from my cigarette.
你只是被我的香烟熏到
Did he ever actually tell you that he loved you back?
他有说过他爱你吗?
Yes. Three, almost four times.
当然有 三…几乎有四次
And when I reminded him of that
当我问他的时候
he said it must have been an answer to a question.
他说他一定有说过他爱我
Which, by the way, it absolutely was not.
其实根本就没有
You know, Iris, when you catch your guy with another woman
爱丽丝 当你逮到男友劈腿
you’re not supposed to stay friends with him.
就不该跟他继续做朋友
You’re supposed to never talk to the prick again.
你不应该再和他说话
You’re supposed to throw things at him, scream, call him names.
你应该一边尖叫一边向他丢东西
Not do his blooming laundry. I don’t do his laundry.
而不是替他洗衣服 我才没有
Did someone tell you I do his laundry?
是谁说的?
No, no, all we do now is we e-mail.
我们现在只写电子邮件
Not when he’s with her, of course.
当然是趁她不在的时候
Also when he’s not with her, we talk on the phone.
有时我们也会通电♥话♥
Sometimes for hours.
有时候要讲好几个钟头
And then there’s the occasional long lunch.
偶尔也会共进午餐
You know, I never realized how pathetic you are.
我从不知道你有这么可悲
Really? Oh, God. I’m so aware of it.
是吗? 天啊 其实我也清楚得很
They always know just how to get us, don’t they?
男人就是会玩弄女人
He knows whenever he wants back in your life…
要是他想跟你复合…
Actually, he has made some small comments like that recently.
他是有提过这件事
He hasn’t exactly come right out and said it…
不过他没有直接说出来…
Iris, did you file your story?
爱丽丝 故事写完了吗?
Oh, no, not yet.
还没有
Down to the wire. Sorry.
截稿前一定完成 抱歉
Better go.
我得去赶工了
…groom’s best friend spoke for many guests when he said,
新郎最好的朋友在众宾客面前说…
‘Hilary will open Edward’s eyes
希拉里将打开爱德华的心房♥
and round out his life.’
“让他的人生更圆♥满♥”
Okay, I’ve got a question for you.
我要问你一个问题
What’s it like to be the only one committed to work
为什么大家都在偷懒
while the rest of us are slumming?
而你却在工作?
You mean what’s it like to be the only one not to finish their work on time?
你是说只有我没准时完工吧
Hold on. Don’t…Don’t go.
等一下 先别走
Is it fun having a brain that works that fast?
文思泉涌的感觉很好玩吧?
Shut up. No, I mean it.
闭嘴 我是说真的
Probably a brilliant finish too. I assure you it’s not.
这篇故事一定很棒 没有啦
Hi, Simpkey. Hi.
嗨 小星星 嗨
Your column today was fantastic. God, I loved that line:
你今天写的专栏很棒 我特喜欢那句
‘The onrushing stripping of dignity and thought from British lives.’
“英国人的尊严和思想快速流失”
Great writing.
写得真好
Hey, I got you something for Christmas.
我有份圣诞礼物要送你
That’s convenient because I got you something too.
真巧 我也有礼物要送你
Darling, I don’t actually have my gift with me.
亲爱的 其实我并没带在身上
In fact, I probably mislaid it, but I know I got you something.
忘了放在哪 不过我确实有买♥♥
I suspect it’s somewhere in my car, want to know what it is?
可能掉在车里了 想知道是什么吗?
No. No, no, that’s okay.
不用了 没关系
I know you’re gonna look hot in it.
你穿起来一定很火♥辣♥
Well, let’s hope you find it, then.
那还真希望你能找得到
Not exactly something hot but happy Christmas.
不是什么火♥辣♥的东西 圣诞快乐
Thank you.
谢谢你
I didn’t think we’d get a chance to do this this year.
我本来没想到今年会交换礼物
Remember last Christmas, we exchanged gifts in March.
去年圣诞 我们到了三月才交换礼物的
This is good.
这样很好
We’re getting better.
很有进展
You stinker.
你这家伙!
It’s a first edition.
还是首印版的
Where did you find it?
哪里找到的?
Buried in that little place we found in Covent Garden that time.
那次我们去科芬园找到的小书店
Why are you so great?
你为什么要这么好?
Everyone, can I have your attention, please?
各位 请安静一下子
Just a couple of minutes. Thank you.
耽误大家几分钟时间 谢谢
I hate it that we can never talk.
好讨厌不能好好聊会天
Hate it.
是很讨厌
Well, first of all, a very happy Christmas to every one of you.
首先 我要祝各位圣诞快乐
Now, we’re not officially closed, as you very well know.
大家都知道 报社现在还没正式放假
But we are going to try and get by this week with a smaller-than-normal staff.
这礼拜尽快安排好放假事宜
Now, before some of you rush off on holiday
对那些赶着去度假的人
I do have one rather important announcement.
我有一个重要的消息宣布
Now, this affects Iris.
这跟爱丽丝有关
Iris Simpkins, where are you? Here, sir.
爱丽丝·辛肯斯 你在哪里? 在这
Iris, I have a tip for you.
有个消息要你报导
Excellent.
太好了
A wedding was privately announced earlier today
今天有人偷偷宣布了结婚喜讯
that I don’t believe any other paper in town knows about.
我想其它报社绝对还不知道
And I want you to be the first to report on this particular union
你要独家报导这条新闻
as it is between two of our most esteemed colleagues.
男女双方都是报社的同事
May I introduce the newly engaged Sarah Smith-Alcott and Jasper Bloom!
莎拉·史密斯艾考特以及杰斯柏·布鲁
If I had known this was going to happen, I’d have worn my good suit.
早知道要这样子的话 我就穿好一点的西装了
Amanda!
阿曼达!