but you keep it around because you think it loves you.
运气好的话 艾治科姆先生
If you’re lucky, Mr. Edgecomb
你永远不会觉得有什么不妥
You never have to find out any different.
但我妻子和我就没这么幸运了
My wife and I were not so lucky.
凯勒 过来一下
Caleb, come here for a second.
过来
Come here.
听话 儿子
Please, son.
他还有一只眼睛能用
He still has the one good eye.
算他走运
I suppose he’s lucky
至少没有全盲
not to be completely blind.
至少这点值得我们
We get down on our knees
跪谢上帝的恩赐
and thank God for that much at least.
对吧 凯勒?
Right, Caleb?
进去吧
Go on in, now.
那狗毫无原因地攻击我儿子
That dog attacked my boy for no reason.
这就是兽♥性♥大发吧
Just got it in his mind one day.
约翰.科菲也是同理
The same with John Coffey.
我相信他事后一定很后悔
He was sorry afterwards. Of that I have no doubt.
但那两个小女孩
But those little girls
已经被侵犯 丢了性命
stayed raped and murdered.
他以前也许从没做过这种事
Maybe he’d never done it before.
我的狗也从没咬过人
My dog never bit before.
但我才管不了那么多
But I didn’t concern myself with that.
我扣响来♥福♥枪♥
I went out with my rifle
轰得它脑浆四溅
grabbed his collar and blew his brains out.
科菲有罪吗
Is Coffey guilty?
当然有
Yes, he is.
不用再怀疑
Don’t you doubt it.
别对他吊以轻心
And don’t you turn your back on him.
你也许能侥幸逃过一劫 甚至百劫
You may get away with it once or even a hundred times
但最终
But in the end
你还是在劫难逃
you’ll get bit.
哇…
Oh, me! Oh, my!
约翰
John
我闻到玉米面包的味道
I’m smelling me some corn bread.
是我太太做的
It’s from my missus.
她想感谢你
She wanted to thank you.
感谢我什么?
Thank me for what?
你知道的
Well, you know.
你帮了我
For helping me.
帮了你什么?
Helping you with what?
你知道的
You know.
你太太满足了吗
Was your missus pleased?
好几次呢
Several times.
约翰 我在这里都闻到香味了
John, I can smell that from over here. I surely can.
可以分一点给戴尔和金格先生吗
Can I give Del and Mr. Jingles some?
这是你的面包 约翰 随你处置
It’s yours, John. You can do with it as you please.
这是给戴尔和金格先生的
Here. This for Del and Mr. Jingles.
那我呢 我也有份吧
Hey! What about me? I’m gonna get some too, ain’t l?
你的面包随你处置
It’s yours, John. As you please.
剩下的我自个儿吃吧
I think I’ll just keep the rest, then.
对面的先生送给你的
Courtesy of the gentleman across the way.
约翰 你真是个大好人
John, that’s so very fine of you.
谢谢你 金格先生也要谢谢你
I thank you. Mr. Jingle thank you.
我老妈没死的话也会感谢你
My mama’d thank you too, but she dead.
不用谢
Welcome.
那我呢 我怎么没有?
What about me? Don’t you hold out on me?
你这个死黑鬼
You big dummy nigger.
老板来了
Here come the boss man.
给我把嘴巴放干净点
You’ll keep a civil tongue on my block.
这次饶了你
You get that one for free.
下不为例
But that’s the last one.
是吗 就一次怎么够啊
That’s it? Just that little itty-bitty one?
我还有好多子弹要送你呢
I guess I’m gonna have to pay you out for the rest.
射得真准 对吧
Good shot, weren’t it?
瞧你那德行
The look on your face!
你们相信吗
You believe this?
那个狗♥娘♥养♥的居然用尿喷我
That son of a bitch pissed on me.
大家喜欢吗
Did y’all like that?
下次我用大便伺候
I’m cooking up some turds to go with it.
又热又软的大便
Nice soft ones.
明天准时奉送
Have them out to y’all tomorrow.
我们早就打算清理那间房♥
We’ve been meaning to clean out that room for a while
对吧
haven’t we?
没错
Oh yeah.
小心点 别碰碎了
Be careful with that. That’s fragile.
干嘛呢 搬迁吉日吗
What’s it now? What’s it now? Moving day?
要不要进来掸掸灰尘?
Y’all wanna come in here and dust a little?
顺便再帮我打个手♥枪♥
You can shine my knob for me while you’re at it.
你们走着进来
You can come in here on your legs
但会躺着出去
but you’ll go out on your backs.
比利小子说话算话
Billy the Kid gonna guarantee you that.
来吧 蠢货
Come on, fuck-stick.
这次别想偷袭我
No sneaking up on me this time.
来单挑啊
We’ll go man-to-man.
用尿喷我?
Piss on me?
来吧 牛仔比尔 出来散散步
Come on, Wild Bill. Little walky-walky.
不许你这么叫我
Don’t you call me that!
比尔.希科克不是牛仔
Wild Bill Hickok wasn’t no range rider!
他只是小警♥察♥
He was just some bushwhacking John Law!
那蠢蛋一时大意
Dumb son of a bitch sat with his back to the door
被个醉鬼杀了
killed by a drunk.
感谢你给我们上了节历史课
Oh, my suds and body. A history lesson.
想不到在“绿色之旅”上班
You never know what you’ll get at work every day
还有意外的收获
on the Green Mile.
谢谢你 牛仔比尔
Thank you, Wild Bill.
我不想进去
Not in there.
我会听话的
I’ll be good.
真的不骗你 我保证
Honest injun, I will. I will.
天啊 他羊癫疯犯了
Christ, he’s pitching a fit.
没事的 相信我
He’ll be fine, boys. Trust me on this one.
几位大哥
Hey, fellers!
我只不过想吃玉米面包罢了 你们这群混♥蛋♥
All I wanted was a little corn bread, you motherfuckers!
我只不过想吃玉米面包罢了
All I wanted was a little corn bread!
我学乖了
I learned my lesson.
我会听话的
I’ll be good.
嘿 老图
Hey, Toot.
5分钱买♥♥你那块饼
Give you a nickel for that Moon Pie.
小黑鬼
Little Black Sambo!
是 长官 你好吗
Yes, sir, yes, sir. How do you do?
希望你收拾好行李
Hope your bags are packed.
行李早收拾好了 准备出发吧
My bags are packed! I’m ready to go!
我们要去哪里?走吧
Where are we going? Let’s go!
他这招确实挺奇特
That Moon Pie thing was pretty original.
应该好好治下他
Gotta give him that.
戴尔 收拾东西吧
Del, grab up your things.
今天是你和金格先生的大日子
It’s a big day for you and Mr. Jingles.
什么意思?
What you talking about?
有大人物听说你老鼠的事了
lmportant folks heard about your mouse.
想看看它的表演
Wanna see him perform.
不只是狱卒想看
Not just prison guards.
一位州府政要也专程来此
One’s a politician all the way from the state capitol.
你们会来看吗
You fellas coming?
真可惜 我们还有事要忙 戴尔
No, we got other fish to fry just now, Del.
你去露两手震震他们
But you knock them for a loop.
露两手震震他们
You knock them for a loop.
就照哈利先生说的去做
Just like Mr. Harry says.
大家动作快点 时间不多了
Let’s move briskly. There’s not much time.
演练开始
All right, rehearsing now!
动作快点 时间不多了
Gotta move our ass. Ain’t got much time.
我在这里修了十年的水管