I’ve just never seen this side of you before.
什么样子?
What side?
你特别安静
You seem so calm,
很平和
so peaceful.
是受这片树林的影响吧
It’s what the lake does to me.
我在这里的时候很高兴
I’m happy when I’m out here, you know?
真奇怪
It’s funny.
我既希望能呆在这湖边
Part of me wants to just stay out here by the lake, you know?
花上一整天来读书 打猎 钓鱼
Read books all day and hunt and fish when I get hungry.
但是我内心还有另外一个愿望 那就是到处游历
And the other part wants to go everywhere,
见识见识
you know, see everything.
我想去新奥尔良 纽约 芝加哥 甚至旧金山
I want to go to New Orleans and New York and Chicago and even San Francisco.
我想去
I just want to go…
走在大路上 然后…
walking down the road and…
就这样消失
just disappear.
也许你可以带我一起走
Well, maybe you could take me with you.
-糟了 -怎么了?
– Lord. – What?
学校的乐队在外面
It’s the school band, and they’re outside.
哦 天啊 什么?
What? Jesus!
你说没人会来这里
I thought you said nobody ever comes around here.
的确以前从没有人来过
Nobody ever does come here, Samantha.
等一下
Hold on! Hold on!
亨利 快开门
Henry, come on!
亨利
Henry.
穿上衣服
Get dressed.
怎么了?
What’s going on?
我们去找托森先生和萨曼莎
We’re gonna go get Mr. Tolson and Samantha,
回到学校去举办造势会
head back to the campus, and have a pep rally.
快穿上衣服啊
Come on, get dressed.
你先去找托森吧
You know what? You go get Tolson,
我回头再回学校找你们去
and I’ll meet up with y’all later on campus.
快点 罗
Come on, Lowe.
很好玩的
You know it’s going to be fun.
我告诉他们你一会儿过来
I guess I’ll tell them you’re going to join us later?
他一会儿再过来
He’s going to join us later.
他得把屋子收拾一下
He just has to clean his house, that’s all.
好消息 好消息
Great news. Great news. Great news!
我的电♥话♥一直响个不停
My phone has been ringing off the hook.
米歇根大学想和我们辩论
University of Michigan wants to debate us.
还有明尼苏达州的乔治亚大学
So does SMU. So does Georgia.
罗呢?
Where’s Mr. Lowe?
我什么时候可以辩论?
When do I get to debate?
快了 马上就快了 詹姆斯
Sooner than you think, James.
就快了
Sooner than you think.
什么时候?
When?
等你准备好了的时候
When you’re ready.
我现在就准备好了
I’m ready now.
我不介意让詹姆斯…
Mr. Tolson, I do not mind if James…
怎么回事?
What’s wrong?
我已经厌倦了
Maybe I’m tired of this.
厌倦什么?
Of what?
厌倦了只能看别人辩论
Of watching other people debate.
我什么时候有机会来证明我自己的实力?
When am I going to get a chance to prove myself?
你是最好的研究员
You’re our best researcher, James.
没有你我们什么都做不到 詹姆斯
We could not do this without you.
没有我你们也已经做了很多
You do plenty without me.
不好意思
Excuse me.
-詹姆斯 -干什么?
– James! – What?
詹姆斯 等一下
James, you wait!
你刚才说得太过了
That was so mean what you said in there.
听我说
All right, uh, look,
我不想失去你这个朋友
I don’t want to lose your friendship.
未曾拥有过的东西又怎么可能会失去?
How can you lose something that you never had?
你从来都不当我是朋友?
You were never my friend?
也许我不想仅仅是你的朋友
Maybe I don’t want to just be your friend.
也许做你的朋友伤害到了我
Maybe it hurts me to be your friend.
– 怎么回事? – 怎么回事?
– What’s going on? – What’s going on?
抓住他
Grab his hands.
托森先生
Mr. Tolson!
他在哪?
Where is he?
亨利 冷静
Calm down, Henry.
你们看到他了吗?
Have you seen him?
没有 他们不让
No, they won’t let us.
他们有没有对你们怎么样?
They didn’t do nothing to you, did they?
– 没事 我们很好 – 副局长
– No, we’re fine. – Deputy,
我是威利大学的 詹姆斯.法默博士
I’m Dr. James Farmer of Wiley College.
这位是威廉.泰勒 托森先生的律师
This is William Taylor, Mr. Tolson’s attorney.
这是托森先生的妻子
And this is his wife Ruth.
你好
Hello.
我要见我的当事人
I’d like to see my client, please.
威廉
William!
多奇尔局长 这位是詹姆斯.法默博士…
Sheriff Dozier. Dr. James Farmer…
你好啊 威廉 你最近好吗?
Hello, William. How you doing today?
很好 你呢?
Fine, sir, thank you. And you?
不错 不错
Oh, not too bad, not too bad.
我和威廉是老朋友了
Me and William, we go way back.
我们小的时候就认识
I knew William when I was a boy.
我能不能见我的当事人 局长?
Could I see my client now, Sheriff?
你的当事人?
Your client?
但是现在我跟你说吧威廉
Well, the fact of the business is, William,
你的当事人现在很忙
your client is kind of busy right now.
忙着干什么?
Busy doing what?
局长 局长
Sheriff. Sheriff.
出事了
We have a situation.
你们出去几个人
Get some of your boys out there.
好了
All right, men.
放了他 放了他
Let him go! Let him go!
放了他 放了他
Let him go! Let him go!
放了他 放了他
Let him go! Let him go!
放了他 放了他
Let him go! Let him go!
放了他 放了他
Let him go! Let him go!
放了他 放了他
Let him go! Let him go!
放了他 放了他
Let him go! Let him go!
放了他 放了他
Let him go! Let him go!
他们跟你来的?
They with you?
是的
That’s right.
看到了吗? 让大家组织工会就会成这样
See? This is what happens to a town when you let the unions in.
麻烦一大堆
Starts trouble.
人们没事有事都聚到一起
People get all riled up about nothing.
你要是把我们惹毛了 有人会受伤的
One of them’s liable to get hurt, if you catch my drift.
局长 既然现在很清楚
Sheriff, since it’s clear
你没有证据逮捕托森先生
that you have no evidence to arrest Mr. Tolson,
我建议你放了他
I suggest you let him go.
你建议?
You suggest it?
你♥他♥妈♥是谁?
Who the hell are you?
几个月前
Couple of months ago,
警方对弗洛伊德·提尔门的粮仓 进行了一次突击抄查
there was a raid on Floyd Tillman’s barn.
那是佃农的一次和平守法的集♥会♥
It was a peaceful and lawful gathering of sharecroppers
但是他们被一群暴♥力♥警员打伤
who were brutally attacked by a gang of violent vigilantes.
有证人说看到你了
Now, witnesses say that you were there.
局长 如果那次袭击是你领导的
If you led that raid, Sheriff,
那么你才是犯法的人 不是托森
you’re the one who broke the law, not Tolson.
你在威胁我吗?
Are you threatening me, boy?
没有 先生
No, sir.
我不会那么做的
I wouldn’t do that.
但我不能为外面的人说话
But I cannot speak for those people outside.
不公正的法律就不能算是法律
An unjust law is no law at all.
你这是什么意思?
What does that mean?
你想看到德克萨斯骑兵队
A mass slaughter
把市民们 不管黑人白人
of citizens, both white and colored,
都屠♥杀♥一空吗?

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!