Yes, Jim.
你替我问候波士顿好
You give Boston my regards.
听到了吗?
You hear?
是
Yes, sir.
詹姆士
James!
快 火车要开了
Come on! Train’s leaving.
来了
Coming!
– 再见 妈妈 – 再见
– Bye, Mom. – Bye-bye.
我爱你
I love you.
再见 妹妹
Bye, sis.
爱你
Love you!
也爱你
Love you, too.
前往德萨卡那, 小石 圣路易斯
All aboard leaving for Texarkana, Little Rock,
及北部的请上车
St. Louis, and all points north!
上车
All aboard!
我不跟你们去
I’m not going with you.
什么?
What?
我不能离开这个州
I cannot leave this state.
这是我保释条件
It’s a condition of my bail.
你不能让他们阻止你
You can’t let them stop you.
他们没有阻止我
They’re not stopping me.
我只是不想破坏你们的机会
I just don’t want to jeopardize your opportunity.
你们没我也能赢
You can win without me.
这也是你们一直想证明的 对吗?
This is what you wanted to do all along, isn’t it?
说得对
He’s right.
为什么你以前不告诉我们?
Why didn’t you tell us this before?
因为我不想听到你们的辩词
Because I didn’t want to hear your arguments.
我知道它们会太动人
I knew they’d be too good.
好啦 罗先生 你负责
All right, Mr. Lowe, you’re in charge.
无论你的直觉告诉你什么 你都要仔细聆听
Whatever your instincts tell you, you listen.
是
Yes, sir.
走吧
Let’s go.
走吧
Let’s go.
我们没有你怎么办?
What are we supposed to do without you?
赢
Win.
芝加哥快线 前往哈特佛
Chicago Express, with service to Hartford,
纽约和费城
New York, and Philadelphia,
29号♥站台 检票中
now boarding, Track 29.
我以为有人会来接我们
I thought somebody was supposed to meet us.
威利学院?
Wiley College?
对
– Yes. – Yes.
我是哈蓝·奥斯本
I’m Harland Osbourne.
哈佛让我负责你们在波士顿的 这段时间的生活
Harvard has put me in charge of you for the time that you’ll be here in Boston.
– 你好 我是亨利·罗 – 罗先生
– How you doing? I’m Henry Lowe. – Mr. Lowe.
– 詹姆士·法默二世 – 詹姆士先生
– James Farmer, Jr. – Mr. Farmer.
– 萨曼莎·布可 – 当然 布可小姐
– Samantha Booke. – Of course. Miss Booke.
我们该走了 我的车就在前面
We should be going. My car’s out front.
我来提
I’ve got it.
非常感谢
Oh, thank you.
你们可能也知道了
Just so you know,
你们会住在校园内的道格拉斯楼
you’ll be staying on campus in Douglas Hall.
我得告诉你们
I’ve got to tell you,
这场辩论吸引了很多人的目光
this debate is stirring up a lot of excitement.
– 真的? – 真的
– Really? – Oh, yeah.
这会在全美国直播
It’s gonna be broadcast all over America.
我们能去看看我们辩论的地方吗?
Can we see where we’re going to debate?
当然
Of course.
哈佛你好
Hello, Harvard!
对不起
Excuse me.
你们不该在这里吧?
You supposed to be here?
我想我们会知道的 对吗?
I guess we’ll find out, won’t we?
啊
Ah!
看
Well, look.
“法默先生”
“Mr. Farmer.”
5美元?
$5.00?
罗 我拿到5美元
Lowe, I got $5.00.
对 我也有 这叫差补
Yeah, I did, too. It’s called per diem.
哈哈
Hoo-hoo!
你想让我帮你保管吗?
You want me to hold it for you?
不 这是我的5美元
No, not my $5.00.
我有5美元 我有5美元
I got $5.00. I got $5.00.
我也有
Me, too.
我的是新的
Well, mine is crispy.
詹姆士 这是高级茶点 对吧?
James, this is high tea, all right?
要细嚼慢咽 不能狼吞虎咽
We nibble. We do not devour.
你怎么知道
How do you know?
我不知道
I don’t.
你好 我是威尔森
Hello. I’m Wilson.
这是给你的
This is for you.
谢谢
Thank you.
我不能接受 先生
I can’t accept that, sir.
这很不合适
It would be inappropriate.
这很不合适
It would be inappropriate.
谁写的?
Who’s it from?
哈佛
It’s from Harvard.
没准又是钱
Maybe it’s more money.
嗯
Hmm.
“我们被某无名氏告知
“We have been informed by Tau Kappa Gamma
“贵队用
“that your team delivers…
“事先准备好的辩论词 ”
“canned speeches:
“论据都是被老师而不是学生写成的 ”
“Arguments written by faculty rather than students.
“所以 我们现在改变辩题
“Therefore, we are changing the topic.
“你们与哈佛的辩论队
“You will have the same amount of time
“有相同的时间去准备新的辩论词
“to write new arguments as the Harvard team:
“48小时 ”
48 hours.”
教练帮助学生很正常啊
Coaches help students all the time.
是的
Yes, sir.
“两队都会收到同样的
“Both teams will be delivered
“参考书籍 ”
the same reference books.”
是
Yes, sir.
“我们新的题目:辩题:
“Our new topic: Resolved:
“消极抵抗是维护公正的道德武器 ”
“Civil disobedience is a moral weapon in the fight for justice.”
“威利学院为正方 ”
Wiley College will be arguing the affirmative.”
多谢了
Thank you, sir.
我找不到托森先生 没人知道他去哪儿了
I can’t reach Mr. Tolson. Nobody knows where he is.
他们是想让我们输
They’re setting us up to lose.
我们没他赢不了
We can’t win without him.
不对 我们能赢
You’re wrong. We can’t win without him.
梭罗?
Thoreau?
“……奋发图强之士
“…less desponding free spirits,
是其监狱……”
is in her prisons…”
“在一个监禁正义之士的政♥府♥统治之下
“Under a government which imprisons any unjustly,
正义之士的真正栖身之地也就是监狱 ”
the true place for a just man…”
咖啡来了 先生
Here’s your coffee, sir.
谢谢 威尔森先生
Thank you, Mr. Wilson.
叫威尔森吧
Just Wilson.
谢谢你 威尔森
Thank you, Wilson.
“为自♥由♥和
“…has provided for her freer
奋发图强之士……”
“and less desponding spirits…”
但是你必须提到阿密萨惨案
But you have to use the Massacre at Amritsar.
我同意
Agreed, James,
但是我们必须用这个当驳
but we’ll save it for the rebuttal.
我们得把最好的留到最后
We’re going to save the best for last
因为你必须让观众……
because you have to leave the audience…
我觉得我们必须谈谈甘地的非暴♥力♥不合作
I think we should get into Gandhi’s concept of Satyagraha.
我不同意
I don’t agree.
我不觉得人们会明白……
I don’t think people are gonna understand what…
什么?非暴合作?
what… Sadagara?
暴♥力♥合作?暴合力……
Sactchmaget? Sactchma…
非暴♥力♥不合作
Satyagraha.
从梵文来的词