I’m not talking about me.
你说得对
You’re right.
我去和她谈谈
I’m gonna go talk to her.
别 别
No, no, you won’t, Lowe.
你这样子不适合去见她
She doesn’t need to see you like this, okay?
没事 我去和她谈谈
I’m just going to talk to her.
别管我
Leave me alone.

Lowe!
冷静
Calm down, boy!
住手 住手
Stop! Stop!
我没有和你玩
I’m not playing with you.
冷静
Calm… Calm down!
你疯了吗?
You crazy?
你永远不会忘记的 永远不会忘记刚才看见的事 你明白吗?
You’re never gonna forget what you saw out there, do you understand?
永远不会忘记刚才看见的事
You’re never gonna forget what you saw out there.
光这么吊着已经算好的了
Hanging’s the easiest part of it sometimes.
有时候会把手指割下来
Sometimes they cut the little fingers off,
你的脚趾 你的鼻子 你的耳朵
your toes, your nose, your ears.
有时候还会把你的生殖器割下来
Sometimes they cut your privates off.
有时候会活生生扒了你的皮
Sometimes they skin you alive.
你永远都忘不了
You’ll never be able to forget.
你觉得他干什么了?
What do you think he did?
詹姆斯 他可能什么都没干
He didn’t have to do nothing, James!
什么都不用做
He didn’t have to do nothing!
在德克萨斯黑人就是 会以莫须有的罪名被五马分尸
In Texas they lynch Negroes!
你明白吗?
Do you understand?
我们怎么厉害都没有用 是不是?
So it doesn’t matter how good we are, does it?
你在说什么?什么?
What are you talk… What?
这些都是没有用的
This is all useless.
你在说什么?
What are you talking about?
我们不过是一帮黑鬼
I mean we’re just a bunch of Negroes
辩论一堆我们已经达成一致的主题
debating each other on subjects we all agree on.
詹姆斯 不要这么说话好不好?
Now, James, don’t talk like that, all right?
-为什么不? -反正别那么说话
– Why not? – Because you can’t!
不能连你也这样
Not you.
再见 上帝保佑你们
Bye! God bless you!
萨曼莎呢?
Where’s Samantha?
她不和我们去了
She’s not going with us.
为什么
Why not?
你觉得呢?
Why do you think?
我带她去车站了
I took her to the bus station.
她想回学校
She wanted to go back to school.
你不是想要机会嘛
You wanted your chance.
现在机会来了
This is it.
备受压♥迫♥的黑人
But how can any Negro
怎么可以
defend the punishment of prison
去为监狱制度辩护?
when he’s seen so much oppression in his own life?

Yeah!
怎么做到?
How?
因为犯罪本身就是一种压♥迫♥
Because crime itself is a form of oppression,
因为在美国黑人比任何其它种族
and Negroes fall victim to more violent crime
都更加成为暴♥力♥犯罪的受害者
than any other race in America.
在我们看来
For us,
监狱不但带来了保护 而且意味着因果报应
prison not only offers protection, but retribution.
说的对
Yes, indeed!
而对罪犯来说 这是一个黑暗的礼物
And for the criminal, it is a dark gift:
让他们通过苦难
The hardship that introduces a man to himself,
来激发他对自♥由♥的向往
that rouses his passion for freedom…
说得好
Yes, sir!
他对救赎的期盼
…his hope for redemption!

Oh, yeah!
下一个辩手来自威利学院
[Moderator] Our next debater from Wiley College,
詹姆斯·法默二世
Mr. James Farmer, Junior.
法默先生?
Mr. Farmer?
妈?
Mom?

Mom!
亲爱的
Honey.

Hey.

Hi.

Oh!
怎样?
So?
我们输了
We lost.
真遗憾
Oh. I’m sorry.
这封信来了
Uh, this came.
哈佛大学
Harvard.
上面写的什么呢
Wonder what it says.
打开看看
Go on and open it and read it.
-看来已经有人打开了 -我没有
– Looks like somebody opened it already. – Not me.
你没有打开过?
You didn’t open it already?
没有
No.
你太不擅长说谎了
You are not a good liar.
读出来
Out loud.
托森先生
“Dear Mr. Tolson,
谢谢您告知我们
“thank you for informing us
你们和俄克拉荷马城市大学的辩论时 获得的历史性胜利
“about your historic victory over Oklahoma City.
相信您一定知道 我们的赛季已经结束
“I’m sure you realize our season is nearly over,
但是我们今天 又从威利学院接到了一封信
“but today we received another letter from Wiley College
亨利.罗先生写的
written by Mr. Henry Lowe”?

Mm-hmm.
“他从一个学生的角度告诉我们
“He told us from a student’s perspective
你的……嗯……你的不败赛季”
about your”…ahem… “about your undefeated season.”
我们已经不是不败了
Well, we’re not undefeated anymore.
没关系
Don’t matter.
“我们希望破例邀请你们……
“We wish to extend an invitation to…”
我们希望破例邀请你们
“We wish to extend an invitation
到剑桥来与哈佛红辩论 ”
“to debate Harvard Crimson here in Cambridge.
“请告知我们这是否合适 ”
Let us know if this is agreeable to you.”
亲爱的……
Honey…
别告诉别人
Don’t you tell anybody.
不会的
No.
不 你不用感谢我
No, you don’t have to thank me.
我只是想让你知道我也会写信
I just wanted to show you I could write, too.
很好 谢谢你
That’s good. Thank you.
但是你可以帮我个忙
But you could do me a favor.
什么忙?
What’s that?
让萨曼莎留在队里
Keep Samantha on the team.
我为什么要留她?
Why would I do that?
托森先生 我那晚很难熬
Mr. Tolson, it was a rough night.
对 大家都一样
Yes, it was, Mr. Lowe, for all of us.
但是她最后时刻离开了我们
And she walked out on us at the last minute.
不 她没有离开我们
No, sir. She did not walk out on us.
她离开了我
She walked out on me.
茶不错
It’s good tea.
辩题:资本主义是不道德的
Resolved: Capitalism is immoral.
我们是正方
We will be arguing the affirmative.
跟一帮华尔街银行家辩论
To a bunch of Wall Street bankers.
托森先生 我向你和我的队友…
Mr. Tolson, I owe you and my teammates…
你来迟了 进来 坐
You’re late. Come in. Sit down.
萨曼莎 我不是…
Samantha, I am not…
解决了
Resolved.
你带了通心粉和奶酪 炸鸡
Okay, you got macaroni and cheese, fried chicken,
幸运黑眼豆
black-eyed peas for good luck,
红豆米饭 玉米面包 糖烤红薯
red beans and rice, corn bread, candied yams.
我也放了些桃子馅饼
I put some peach cobbler in there, too,
和一些面包布丁
and some bread pudding.
我知道你不喜欢面包布丁 但是我还是放了些
I know you don’t like bread pudding, but I put it in there anyway.
谢谢你 妈妈
Thank you, Mom.
好了
Okay.
好运啊 儿子
Good luck, son.
爸爸?
Dad?
嗯 吉姆

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!