by Texas Rangers?
作为这个郡的警♥察♥局长 这是你想看到的局面吗?
Is that really what you want as the Sheriff of this county?
如果你让托森回家
Now, if you let Tolson go home,
我相信
I believe…
我相信外面的人 他们也会回家的
I believe that these folks outside, they’ll go home as well.
那只猪不值25美元
That pig wasn’t worth $25.
什么?
What?
你欠我父亲钱
You owe my father some money.
请坐 法默先生
Have a seat, Mr. Farmer.
天啊
Oh, Lord.
呃…
Um…
明尼苏达大学取消了辩论赛
SMU has cancelled.
乔治亚大学好像也会取消
University of Georgia sounds like they will follow suit.
为什么?
Why?
我被加入了黑名单
I’ve been blacklisted.
他们说要审查我
They’re talking about censuring me.
院长和学校的委员会让我
Dean Clay and the board have asked me
不要再跟佃农一起
to stop working with the sharecroppers, or else.
他们说这不关我的事
They say that it is not my fight.
所以情况很糟糕
So… things are bad.
我的学术生涯岌岌可危
My academic career’s in jeopardy.
我的辩论队没地方去
My debate team has nowhere to go.
你们有人知道谁是阿特拉斯吗?
Anyone know who Antaeus was?
当然 他是希腊神话里的巨人
Sure. He was a gigantic wrestler in Greek mythology.
他的母亲是盖娅 大地之神
His mother was, uh, Gaea, the goddess of Earth,
他是不会被打败的
and, uh, I mean, he was unbeatable
因为把他打倒在地的话
because anytime someone threw him down to the Earth,
也只会让他更强大
it would make him stronger.
说得对
That’s correct.
这会让他更强大
It would make him stronger.
失败会让他更强大
Defeat would make him stronger.
你们是我的学生 我是你们的老师
You are my students. I am your teacher.
我认为这是个神圣的职责
I think that’s a sacred trust.
你说我该跟你们说什么?
So what do I say to you now?
放弃? 因为院长让我放弃
Quit because the Dean says so?
因为警♥察♥局长让我放弃?
Because the sheriff says so?
因为德克萨斯骑兵队让我放弃?
Because the Texas Rangers say so?

No.
我坚决反对
I am diametrically opposed to that.
我要跟你们说的是 永远不要放弃
My message to you is to never quit.
我们没有放弃
We are not quitting.
很好
Good.
你要我们怎么做?
What do you want us to do?
和哈佛大学辩论
Debate Harvard.
-哈佛? -哈佛大学
– Harvard? – Harvard University.
他们是全国的辩论冠军
They’re the reigning national champions.
我们打败他们的话 就是打败了最强者
If we defeat them, we defeat the best.
托森先生 恕我直言
Mr. Tolson, sir, with all due respect,
哈佛大学不会和我们辩论的
um, Harvard ain’t going to debate us,
德克萨斯一个叫威利的小学院
not little old Wiley College in Marshall, Texas.
他们知道我们是谁
They know who we are, Henry.
我之前一直给他们写信 寄包裹
I’ve been writing them letters, sending them articles.
我们怎样才能得到他们的回应?
But how do we get a letter back?
通过继续保持不败战绩
By continuing to win.
法默博士告诉我
Dr. Farmer has informed me
哈佛大学下周要和普莱维尔大学辩论
that Howard University is going to be at Prairie View next week.
我们打败了费斯克大学
We annihilated Fisk.
如果我们能打败霍华德大学 我们就是打败
If we eliminate Howard, we will have beaten
美国最好的两所黑人♥大♥学
the two best Negro colleges in America,
我可以向你们保证
and I can guarantee you that I will see to it
哈佛大学不会忽视这一点的
that Harvard does not ignore that.
好吗?
All right?

Yeah.
帮我找找 看到没有?
Just look for it on there.
那里有吗?
You see it on there?
我一直在找
I’ve been looking the whole time.
德克萨斯的普莱维尔 127
Prairie View, Texas. The 127.
那你告诉我该往哪里找啊
You show me where to look because it’s not on…
127 在维克斯旁边
127 near Waxahachie.
没有
It’s not there.
有 你就是找不到
It’s there. You just can’t find it.
我看到了2 看到了7
I see 2, and I see 7.
只要再找到前面的1 你就找到了
Right. Now look for a 1 in front of it, and you got it.
-在126之后 -好
– After 126… – Okay.
或者是在128之前
Before 128.
我真的觉得找不到了
I really don’t think…
找不到?
You don’t see it.
你哪里弄的地图?
When did you get this map?
你要干什么?
What are you doing?
我要把他放下来
I’m gonna cut him down.
上车 关门
Get back in the car. Shut the door.
谁都不许动
Nobody move.
蹲下去
Just get down.
趴下去 趴下去
Get down, get down.
趴下来 你也是
Get down, too. You get down, too.
车里有黑人
There’s niggers in that car!
快走 快走
Come on, come on!
下车
Get out of the car!
下车
Get out of that car!
快停车
Stop that car right now!
大家坐好了
All right. Everybody sit tight,

and, uh…
我去拿钥匙
I’ll get the keys.
贝克夫人你好吗?
How you doing, Miss Becker?
我很好 你呢?
I’m fine. You all right?
很好
Yes, ma’am.
你们的房♥间都准备好了
I got your rooms all ready.
谢谢
– Thank you. – [Door closes]
亨利
Henry.
亨利
Henry!
亨利
Henry!
他们不会醒的
They ain’t going to wake up.

Come on.

Ha!
再见
See you.
好吧 乖乖的哦
All right. Be good, all right?
嗨 宝贝 你好啊
Hey, baby. How you doing?
你怎么还醒着? 在等我吗?
Why are you still up? You waiting on me?
宝贝 怎么了?别这样
What’s the matter, baby? Come on!

Hey!
萨曼莎?
Samantha!
闭嘴 我们走
Shut up. Let’s go.
嘿 牧师小孩
Hey, preacher boy.
闭嘴 我们走
Shut up. Let’s go.
走啦
Come on.
我们去哪?
Where are we going?
回房♥间
Back to our room.
找到他了 托森先生
Got him, Mr. Tolson.

Shh!
好了 坐下吧
Okay. Just sit… sit…
不是这张床 起来
Not in that bed, though. Get up.
过来
Come here.
抱一个
Give me a hug.
别这样
Stop!
你个废物
You’re worthless.
什么?
What?
你以为就只有你伤心吗?
You think you’re the only one hurting?
好吧 对不起
Okay, I’m sorry… for everything.
因为…我喝酒
For, uh, for drinkin’, yeah,
我道歉
I apologize.
我说的不是我

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!