意大利那不勒斯,1873年2月27日。
Male narrator: Naples, Italy, February 27, 1873.
男人去上班,女人做饭打扫卫生。
Men went to work, women cooked and cleaned.
婴儿出生。
Babies were born.
除了在卡鲁索家,其他日子都一样。
A day like any other day, except at the Caruso home.
因为一个伟大的声音在这里诞生了。
For here a great voice was born.
你现在可以来看你儿子了。
You can come and see your son now.
这个很烈,马塞尔不。
This one is strong, Marcel I no.
他将生活。
He will live.
安娜,有个儿子的感觉真好。
Ana, it feels good already to have a son.
欢迎到我们家来,孩子。
Welcome to our house, bambino.
我们叫他恩里科,家里的国王。
We call him Enrico, King of the home.
恩里科!
Enrico!
-怎么了?——恩里科的甜心!
– What’s the matter? – Enrico’s sweetheart!
Musetta,你打扰。
Musetta, you disturb.
今天下午我们一起唱歌♥,时间不多了。
We sing in a procession this afternoon, we haven’t much time.
恩里科的母亲,她又晕过去了。
Enrico’s mother, she fainted again.
基诺,Fucito !你要去哪里?
Gino, Fucito! Where are you going?
他是我们最好的朋友。
He is our best friend.
——父亲Angelico……-什么事,我的孩子?
– Father Angelico… – Yes, my child?
卡鲁索先生说:??租赁,快来。? ?
Signor Caruso said, ??lease, come quick.??
哦,妈妈,对不起。
Oh, mama, I’m sorry.
这不是我第一次晕倒,也不是最后一次了。
It’s not the first time I’ve fainted, or the last.
你不该离开唱诗班。
You should not have left the choir.
你参加游♥行♥要迟到了。
You will be late for the procession.
你生病了,妈妈。我不会离开你的。
You’re ill, mama. I won’t leave you.
当你唱歌♥的时候,我感觉很真实,很开心。
When you sing, I feel real, I feel very happy.
在我所有的孩子中,只有你生来就有声音。
You alone of all my children was born with the voice.
我不在乎这个。
I don’t care about that.
声音很重要,恩里科。
The voice is important, Enrico.
也许我是个愚蠢的母亲,但我一直觉得上帝没有让你唱歌♥。
Maybe I’m a foolish mother but I have always felt the good Dio spared you to sing.
上帝给了你一份伟大的礼物。你必须使用它。
God gave you a great gift. You must use it.
你派人去找安杰利科神父。
You sent for Father Angelico.
你有事瞒着我。
You’re keeping things from me.
安杰利科神父,是她叫你来的吧?
She sent for you, Father Angelico, didn’t she?
恩里科,布隆泽蒂神父在等你。
Enrico, Father Bronzetti is waiting.
快点,我的男孩!我在这儿等。
Hurry, my boy! I shall wait here.
但是妈妈…眼泪有助于歌♥唱,孩子。
But mama… Tears help the singing, bambino.
走了。我倾听着你的声音。
Go now. I listen for your voice.
你会从窗口向我招手吗,妈妈?
You will wave to me from the window, mama?
我会听到你的声音。
I will hear your voice.
恩里科。
Enrico.
哦,他唱得真好听!
Oh, he sings so beautifully!
嗯!便士。一个很好的生活。
Hmph! For pennies. A fine living.
哦,Egisto,他们相爱了。
Oh, Egisto, they are in love.
我的下一首歌♥和我的心献给这位可爱的女士,穆塞塔·巴雷托。
My next song and my heart I dedicate to that lovely lady, Musetta Barretto.
今晚她和她受人尊敬的父亲,本市一位杰出的商人埃吉斯托·巴雷托先生和他迷人的妻子一起来到这里,使我感到很荣幸。

She has honored me by coming here this evening with her respected father, a distinguished merchant of our city, Signor Egisto Barretto and his charming wife.
像一个乞丐。来了。我感到羞愧!
Like a beggar. Come. I’m ashamed!
像一个乞丐。我感到羞愧!
Like a beggar. I’m ashamed!
你想结婚?
You want to get married?
但你和穆塞塔还有每年都会来的小鹿要吃什么呢?
But what will you feed you and Musetta and the bambino that will come each year?
袋面粉!从我的面粉厂来的一袋又一袋又一袋?
Sacks of flour! Sacks and sacks and sacks from my flour mill?
我知道您不喜欢我,先生,但是……恩里科,听爸爸的话,求你了!
I know you do not like me, signor, but… Enrico, listen to papa, please!
你错了,恩里科。
You’re wrong, Enrico.
你喜欢我女儿,我也喜欢你。
You like my daughter and I like you.
你需要妻子,我需要儿子。
You need a wife, I need a son.
当我的救世主召唤我时,你就是老大。
When my savior calls me, you will be the big boss.
只要你动动脑筋,面粉厂就会是你的,这房♥子,我的一切都是你的。
The flour mill will be yours, this house, everything I have, if you use your head.
您太慷慨了,先生,但我…——但?-恩里科,听爸爸的话。
You are very generous sir, but I… – But? – Enrico, listen to papa.
我听了爸爸的话。
I have listened to papa.
也许有那么一分钟有人会听我的!
Perhaps for a minute someone will listen to me!
这是真的,巴雷托先生现在我唱歌♥只赚几分钱。
It is true, Signor Barretto that right now I sing for pennies.
在这样的大房♥子里,钱不是很重要。
Pennies are not very important in a big house like this.
但是歌♥唱,在任何地方都很重要。
But the singing, that is important everywhere.
它让人们内心感觉良好。
It makes people feel good inside.
它带走了丑陋和悲伤填补了这里的空白。
It takes away the ugliness, the sadness and it fills the empty place here.
这也很了不起,先生,不是吗?
That too is something, signor, isn’t it?
我的女婿是不会乞讨的。
No son-in-law of mine begs for pennies.
如果这就是你的答案,卡鲁索先生,我说,再见!
If that is your answer, Signor Caruso, I say, addio!
他们相爱了!
Egisto, they are in love!
穆塞塔是我唯一的孩子。
Musetta is my only child.
我希望她过得舒服和快乐。
I would like for her to be comfortable and happy.
这是不合理的吗?
Is this unreasonable?
这是最合理的。
It’s most reasonable.
然后呢?
Then?
是的,先生。
Si, Signor.
解决!
Settled!
Buongiorno,爸爸里卡多。
Buongiorno, Papa Ricardo.
哦,我的朋友,那个歌♥手。
Oh, my friend, the singer.
我好几个月没见到你了。
I haven’t seen you for months.
我不再是歌♥手了,我是个商人。
I’m no longer a singer, I’m a merchant.
祝贺你,恩里科。
I congratulate you, Enrico.
在那不勒斯,每个人都是歌♥手,商人是谁?一个1♥0♥0♥0♥0♥年。
In Naples, everybody is a singer, who is the merchant? One in 10,000.
-你妈妈会为你骄傲的。——啊,很棒的。
– Your mother would be proud. – Ah, wonderful.
恩里科。——Fucito !
– Enrico. – Fucito!
来,来坐吧!
Come, come and sit!
不,我还有很多事要做。
No, I have much business to attend.
哦,我明白了。我明白了。
Oh, I see. I see.
你现在口袋里有钱所以没时间陪老朋友,对吧?
You got money in your pockets now so you got no time for old friends, eh?
你说话很愚蠢。
You speak foolish.
以前很有趣吧,恩里科?
It was fun in old days, huh, Enrico?
男人得动动脑子,富西托。
A man must use his head, Fucito.
人要吃饭,要吃饭就得有钱。
People have to eat, to eat you must have money.
他们吃。
They eat.
他们也吃得很好,还喝香槟。
And they eat good too and they drink champagne.
他们是谁?商人吗?
Who are they? Merchants?
商人吗?Si n g e rs!
Merchants? Si n g e rs!
在圣卡洛斯歌♥剧院。
From the San Carlos Opera House.
-从圣卡洛斯?——啊。
– From San Carlos? – Ah.
阿弗雷多·布拉齐,男高音,还有卡梅利。
Aifredo Brazzi, the tenor, and Carmeli.
不!
No!
恩里科,你为什么不让他们听听真正歌♥手的声音呢?
Enrico, why don’t you let them hear what a real singer sounds like?
哦,我不能再唱了。
Oh, I can’t sing anymore.
失去了你的声音?
Lost your voice?
喉咙里有太多面粉。
Too much flour in the throat.
在这里。湿下来。
Here. Wet it down.
仍然太干燥。
Still too dry.
他很好。
He’s good.
嘿,年轻人。
Hey, young man.
你说话的声音很好听。
You use your voice nicely.
谢谢。
Grazie.
你接受过培训吗?
You had some training?
我是由神父布隆泽蒂教的。
I was taught by Father Bronzetti.
哦。你现在在哪里唱歌♥?
Oh. And where do you sing now?
嗯,我不是一个真正的歌♥手。
Well, I’m not really a singer.
我是面粉商人。
I’m a flour merchant.
哦。你的胸部,你的声音?
Oh. With that chest, with that voice?
我就是这么跟他说的,先生们。
That’s what I tell him, gentlemen.
他什么都能唱!高,低,阿达洛,行板…富西托,这些人都是专业人士。
He can sing anything! High, low, adalo, andante… Fucito, these men are professionals.
去吧,年轻人。没关系。
Oh, go ahead, young man. Never mind that.
当然,先生,当然。
Of course, signor, of course.
哦!
Oh!
啊哈!你就在那里!
Ah-ha! There you are!
你这个废物,懒汉。
You good for nothing, loafer you.
——面粉!——面粉。
– The flour! – The flour.
客户,企业。他们跑了!
The customers, the business. They’re gone!
我已经破产了。但这是我的错,都怪我。
I’m a ruined man. But it’s my fault, I’m to blame.
你知道为什么吗?我会回答的。
You know why? I will answer that.
我用的是我的心,不是我的脑子。
I used my heart not my head.
我把他带进了磨坊。
I took him into the mill.
我待他像儿子一样。
I have treated him like a son.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!