你好!
Hello!
是加菲先生吗?露西和我看你来了!
Mr. Garfield? It’s Lucy and me!
我们过来就是想告诉你,我们特别喜欢这出儿戏.
We just came back to tell you how much we enjoyed it.
这是我看过的最好的演出.
I had the best time.
一开始我还觉着挺没意思的,不过快演完的时候我忽然看懂了.
At first I thought it would be boring,but then it picked up near the end.
好了,露西.嗯…我们不打扰你了.
Okay, Luc. We won’t keep you.
我们就是想谢谢你给的票和一个美好的夜晚.
We just wanted to thank you for the tickets and a lovely evening.
人们在退场的时候都在讨论你.
People were talking about you on the way out.
他们都不想忘了你,想记住你的名字.
They wanted to remember your name so they’d never forget it.
好吧,晚安.
Good night.
我觉得你表演的很精彩.
I thought you were wonderful.
彼得?
Peter?
彼得,你可能不信,我想我把它卖♥♥出去了.
You won’t believe it.I think I’ve got it sold.
你还好吧?
Are you okay?
老天,你没事儿吧?
God, are you all right?
你的花瓶儿摔了.
Thou hast broken thy vase.
我欠你…
Thou owest thee…
…算上税,12.98美元.
…$12.98, plus taxes.
你还好吗?
Are you okay?
泰♥晤♥士♥报♥的评论出来了!你想看看泰♥晤♥士♥报♥吗?
Not according to the Times!Have you read the Times?
我给你…给你沏杯咖啡吧?
Can I get you a cup of coffee?
你要干什么?
What are you doing?
泰♥晤♥士♥报♥上登的:
The Times said:
“艾略特·加菲是个在靠山屯儿搞装♥修♥的农民工…
“Elliot Garfield researched Richard III…
“…他把理查三世归置成一个猥琐俗媚的男婊♥子♥…
“…and discovered him to be England’s first…
“…真想把今天吃的三顿饭吐他身上.”
“…badly-dressed interior decorator.”
文采不错!
Tasty writing!
我从来没信过评论家的话.
I never listen to critics.
谢谢上帝.
Thank God.
你明天晚上还想继续来看我演出吗?
Do you want to go on for me tomorrow night?
每日新闻登的是…
Daily News said…
这儿,念一下.
Here, read it.
“我们都…
“It never…
“我们都知道,威廉·莎士比亚从来没写过蓝精灵.
“It never occurred to us that William Shakespeare wrote the Wizard of Oz.
“然而,艾略特·加菲…
“However, Elliot Garfield…
“…却创造了一个搞同性恋的极品格格巫出来.”
“…made a splendid Wicked Witch of the North.”
– 俗!
– Tacky!
– 哦,老天.
– Oh, God.
太俗套了!你们要是想毁了我…
Tacky! If you’re gonna kill me…
– …就毁得漂亮一点儿.
– …kill me with panache.
– 真是对不起.
– I am really sorry.
这他妈的还只是…
What the hell! It’s only a…
还只是在纽约的一次小型首演,你知道吗?
It’s only a little New York debut, you know?
真正重要的演出在爱荷华州埃姆斯.
Ames, Iowa is where it really counts.
如果在埃姆斯也不成功的话,那我的事业就麻烦了.
You don’t make it in Ames,then you got career trouble.
哦,我的天!
Oh, my God!
还是第5频道坦率.
Channel 5 was honest.
直来直去的坦率.
Direct and honest.
“理查三世太烂了!
“Richard III stunk!
“艾略特·加菲是一坨儿臭不可闻的…”
“Elliot Garfield was the stinky…”
我是在床上吗?
Am I in bed?
这张床是不是…
‘Cause if I’m in bed…
…弹簧折了.
…the springs are shot.
我还以为你的身体不会摄取不自然的东西.
I thought you didn’t put unhealthy things into your body.
我没有.我是给理查摄取的,我打算杀了这个婊♥子♥养♥的♥!
I don’t. I was putting them into Richard’s,trying to kill the son of a bitch!
拜托,你上♥床♥去吧.这些家具不是我的.
Please, you’ve got to go to bed.This furniture isn’t mine.
你觉得我被打败了吗?你觉得我泄气了吗?
Do you think I’m defeated?Do you think I’m discouraged?
你觉得14条微不足道的批评会刺♥激♥到我吗?
Do you think I’m upset over 14 unimportant, negative reviews?
狗咬屁♥股♥-啃腚的,宝贝儿!
You bet your ass I am, baby!
抱歉.这屋子有级别限制,我还不够级别.
Sorry. This apartment is rated P.G.I keep forgetting.
你今天晚上挺棒的,真的.
You were wonderful tonight. Really.
我是一只伊丽莎白时代的花蝇子.
I was an Elizabethan fruit fly.
我是埃文河畔斯特拉特福的贝蒂娃娃.
I was the Betty Boop of Stratford-on-Avon.
(埃文河畔斯特拉特福:莎士比亚老家; 贝蒂娃娃:形象夸张行为做作的女性卡♥通♥人物)
我演的烂!
I was putrid!
“了l”,”按an”~”烂!”
Capital “P”, capital “U”, capital “Trid!”
我觉得你的表演方式挺有意思的.
I thought it was an interesting interpretation.
别扯蛋了!
Bullshit!
你没看见他们的表情吗?
You didn’t see their faces.
当我演完走下舞台的时候…
When I walked out onstage…
…200多个观众像是被刚刚打了一针奴佛卡因.
…210 people looking like they just got a shot of Novocaine.
(奴佛卡因:麻♥醉♥药♥)
告诉我实话,我想听实话.你跟我说!
Tell me the truth. I want the truth, say it!
说吧,不说我就把这个起码儿值9块钱的宝灯?了.
Say it, or I’ll smash this priceless $9.00 lamp all to pieces!
(?:音四声cei)
我演的是不是烂?说!
Was I putrid or was I not? Say it!
是,没错,你演的实在是烂透了!
Yes, you were putrid!
你也不用着这么直接吧.
You don’t have to be so blunt about it.
对不起.
I’m sorry.
把灯给我.谢谢.
Give that to me.Thank you.
我有过成功骄傲的时刻.
Though I had some good moments now and then.
下台上台,一次次的谢幕.
Like walking on and walking off.
也有过丢人现眼的时刻!
The rest was cacca!
用不用我给你拿点儿吃的?
Are you sure I can’t get you anything?
吃一点儿你的保健食品吧?
Some of your health vitamins?
不,不用, 我求你别走!
No, don’t walk out on me, please!
一晚上伤一次心就够了.
Once a night is enough.
我不走
I’m here.
我听你说呢
I’m listening.
我可以演好那个角色,你知道吗?
I can play that part, you know.
我能演好那个驼背的家伙.
I can play the hump off that guy.
我从芝加哥来,坐在车上随随便便演的…
I was better on the bus coming from Chicago…
…也比今天晚上在舞台上演的强.
…than I was on that stage tonight.
“现在我们严冬般的宿怨
“Now is the winter of our discontent
“已给这颗约克的红日照耀成为融融的夏景;
“Made glorious summer by this sun of York;
“那笼罩着我们王室的片片愁云
“And all the clouds that lour’d upon our house
“全都埋进了海洋深处”
“In the deep bosom of the ocean buried”
等等,等等,等等…
Et cetera, et cetera, et cetera…
真不错.
That is good.
说实在的,真是太精彩了.
It’s wonderful. Honestly.
谢谢.
Thank you.
不用客气.
You’re welcome.
毕竟你和那些坏人不一样.
You’re really not such a bad person after all.
谢谢.
Thank you.
但那句”烂透了”的评价真是太伤人了.
But that “putrid” remark really hurt.
我心里好难过,你明白吗?
That really got to me.
我明白.我不知道刚才我怎么了.
I know. I don’t know what came over me.
你现在试着睡一会儿,好吗?
You try and get some sleep now, okay?
别让露西知道泰♥晤♥士♥报♥写了什么?
Don’t tell Lucy about the Times.
不会,我不让她看.
I won’t.
还有新闻日报.
Or the News.
5频道.
Or Channel 5.
2, 4, 7, 9 频道, 还有11频道.
Or Channel 2, 4, 7, 9 and 11.
不让她看.
I won’t.
– 试着睡一会儿吧.
– Try to get some sleep.
– 晚安.
– Good night.
晚安.
Good night.
对不起,我不签名儿.
No autographs, please.
“现在我们严冬般的宿怨
“Now is the winter of our discontent
“已给这颗约克的红日照耀成为融融的夏景;”
“Made glorious summer by this sun of York;”
“我们必须敬佩那些有胆量敢于以…
“One must always respect brave and courageous attempts…
“…新颖且激进的观念来探索莎士比亚作品的勇士…
“…to explore Shakespeare through new and daring concepts…
“…不过话又说回来,祈恕不恭的说…”
“…and even, if you will, irreverence…”
“祈恕不恭”是什么意思?
What’s “irreverence”?
你往下念就知道了.
You’ll find out.
“艾略特·加菲和马克·伯丁给我们带来的理查三世跟暑期大路活-查理的姑妈没什么区别,
“But Garfield and Bodine’s Richard III gives us less than a summer stock Charley’s Aunt,
(查理的姑妈:英国戏剧,国内李茶的姑妈改编于此)
“…只不过当中的”姑妈”既不幽默又不和善,招人讨厌…”
“…without the good-natured and inoffensive humor.”
他们是不是不喜欢?
They didn’t like it?
那个人还有2个月寿命,他是一个悲观主义者.
The man has two months to live. He’s a cynic.
你们哪个苏格兰人把我舌头系了个扣儿?
Which one of you Scotch-taped my tongue to the roof of my mouth?
(理查三世曾攻打过苏格兰)
给你沏点咖啡吧?