谢谢,太谢谢你了!
Thanks a lot!
他们没准儿有枪!
But they could be armed!
你是想让我拿着一听儿番茄酱罐头去跟他们打吗?
Do you want me to fight with a can of tomato paste?
离我远点儿!你甭管我!
Just leave me alone!
我觉的你应该找警♥察♥报案.我可以帮你打电♥话♥.
I think you ought to call the police and report it. I could call ’em for you.
我希望我被抢的时候你能帮我!
I wish you were that helpful while I was being robbed!
你想让我怎么做?你以为我是一只德国黑背?
What do you want from me anyway?I’m not a German Shepherd.
哦,天哪,就是他们!
Oh, my God, it’s them!
– 谁?谁?
– Who?
– 抢我包儿的人! 站住!
– The ones who took my bag! Stop!
你要上哪儿啊?
Where are you going?
干嘛呢这是?女警霸王花儿?把道儿让开!
What is this, Police Woman?Get out of the way!
(Police Woman:美国电视剧)
让他妈的我眉心挨上一枪!
I’m gonna get a bullet between my goddamn eyes!
来人呐,拦住他们!
Somebody, stop those men!
等等!
Wait!
嘿!嘿!给我包儿!我不怕你们这些小伙子!
Give me the bag! I’m not afraid of you guys!
从车里滚出来!别…别…
Get out of the car!
我就是问问,我就是问问…
I was just askin’.
冷静!
Relax!
我只不过想问个问题…
Just a simple question…
太感谢你们了.
Thank you very much.
我所有钱都在包儿里.
I had all my money in there.
所有的…
Everything.
我在这世界上最后的一点儿钱.
My last dollar in the world.
你和你那该死的基安蒂.
You and your goddamn Chianti.
这关基安蒂什么事儿?
What does Chianti have to do with it?
我为你冒生命危险,你至少应该感谢我吧?
Why can’t you at least thank me for risking my life for you?
你要回我的包儿了吗?没有.
Did you get me my bag back? No.
那我为什么要感谢你?
So why should I thank you?
为什么每当演员闯进我的生活,我都这么倒霉?
Why do I have such lousy luck every time an actor comes into my life?
我恨你们所有人.
I hate all of you.
离我远点儿!
Get away from me!
离远点儿.
Just get away.
我不认为他们抢你,跟我是一个演员有关系.
I really don’t think they robbed you’cause I’m an actor.
我从西北大学毕业后,我的第一份儿暑期工作是在密歇根湖.
After I graduated from Northwestern,my first summer job was in Lake Michigan.
十个礼拜里我演了十出儿戏.像一条狗一样努力工作.
I did ten plays in ten weeks.I really worked like a dog.
得了肝炎和腮腺炎都不知道.
I had hepatitis and mumps and never knew it.
我还以为我只是长宽了变黄了.
I thought I was just getting yellow and fat.
哪出儿戏?
Which plays?
第一部戏是风的传人,我演的是记者.
First play was Inherit the Wind.I played the reporter.
金·凯利在电影里演过那个角色.
Gene Kelly did in the movie.
对.电影非常好.他的表演也很漂亮.
Right. Very good.He did a very nice job, too.
但这个角色他挖掘的不如我有深度.
He didn’t dig as deeply as I did.
接下来我演了大鼻子情圣.
Next I did Cyrano de Bergerac.
何塞·费勒.我上礼拜在9频道看他演过.
José Ferrer. I saw it last week on Channel 9.
我戴的假鼻子比他小一半儿,得到的笑声比他多一倍.
I used half the nose, got twice the laughs.
关键是会抖包袱儿,亲爱的,而不是洒狗血.
It’s style that counts, darling,it is not makeup.
你觉得自己混的不怎么样,是吗?
You don’t think much of yourself, do you?
在同一量级里,我是圣路易斯自视最高的人.
Pound for pound, I got the biggest ego this side of St. Louis.
只有看到这张骄傲的脸时,你才能理解我为什么从事这份儿职业,你知道吗.
You gotta see the face to appreciate the work.
说到哪儿了?我还在杜鲁斯职业技术学院教过一学期的戏剧课.
What else? I taught drama for a semester at Duluth Junior College.
– 你教过戏剧? 高人啊!
– You taught drama? Far out!
– 算是猴儿骑骆驼吧.
– Very far out. It’s up near Canada.
你要不要喝点儿酒?你…
You want some more wine?
– 基安蒂请您恕罪.
– Niente on the Chianti.
– 真不错. 你措辞用的好极了.
– That’s good. You’re terrific with words.
– 你每次都形容的很生动.
– You always pick the right ones.
– 词语是演员的画布.
– Words are the canvas of an actor.
他的唇是画笔,他的舌头是颜料.
His lips are his brushes, and his tongue,the colors of the spectrum.
当他说话时,他就是在作画.
And when he speaks, he paints portraits.
– 有才,他太有才了!
– He’s very classy!
– 这孩子眼光儿不错.
– The kid’s got a good eye.
你跟托尼不一样,他不算是一个有品味的演员。
Not like Tony. He wasn’t a classy actor.
他只是,你懂的…性感!
He was just, you know… sexy!
你没觉得我也挺性感的吗?
You don’t think I’m sexy?
你开玩笑呐?
Are you kidding?
你懂什么,你现在才10岁,
What do you know? You’re 10 years old.
再过3年,我能勾走你的魂儿!
In three years,I’ll drive you out of your bird!
– 都9点多了, 你写作业去吧.
– It’s after 9:00, do your homework.
– 再等5分钟!
– Five more minutes!
再聊会儿.我们以前吃晚饭从来没聊的这么开心.
Talk more. We never had a good talkin’like this at dinner.
嗯…后来我在芝加哥拍了部电视剧-仲夏夜之梦.
Then I played Midsummer Night’s Dream on public television in Chicago.
我在剧中扮演米奇·鲁尼(饰演小精灵)演过的角色.他叫…
I played the part Mickey Rooney did in the movie.
(米奇·鲁尼在电影仲夏夜之梦中饰演小精灵)
– 浦克!
– Puck!
– 对!
– Right!
接着一位艺术总监女士给我打电♥话♥…
A lady producer from New York called me…
…邀请我来纽约饰演一个不落俗套的理查三世.
…and asked me to come to New York and play Richard III off-Broadway.
其实不落俗套并不准确,应该称之为重新解构.
And not off-Broadway, it’s off off off-Broadway.
首演会邀请我们吗?
Are we invited to the opening?
你真想来吗?还有你妈妈.首演就在周二晚上.
Do you really want to come?The two of you. It’s Tuesday night.
第二天一早儿还要上学.
Tuesday’s a school night.
我们有一回去看托尼的首演,也是上学的前一天晚上.
We went to Tony’s opening on a school night.
我说了”不行”
I said “no.”
放屁!放弃!
Shit! Shoot!
对不起.
I’m sorry.
我觉得快有麻烦了.晚安.
I think I’m in trouble. Good night.
你对我的卧室有兴趣吗?
Would you be interested in my bedroom?
跟我说话呐?
Talkin’ to me?
你可以每月额外出50美元,我把主卧让给你.
You can have the big bedroom for an extra $50 a month.
现在付款,我们早上就跟你换卧室.
Payable in cash right now.We’ll move into yours in the morning.
你的意思是我要多付租金,才能得到本来就属于我的东西?
You mean a rent increase for getting what I should have gotten in the first place?
不用,谢谢了.
No, thank you.
你能不能借我50美元?
Would you be interested in lending me $50?
我可以付7.5%的利息也可以帮你洗衣裳,随你的意思.
I’ll either pay you 7.5 percent interest or do your laundry. Take your pick.
他们真把你抢干净了?
They really cleaned you out?
从这儿到意大利的每个人都有份儿.
Everyone from here to Italy.
我身上只有20…28美元.等会儿我分一半儿给你.
I have $28 in change. I’ll split it with you.
从首演当晚开始,我每星期可以挣240美元,到时我就有钱给你了.
And starting opening night I get $240 a week, so I’ll make a deal.
你找到工作之前,我会付所有的生活费…
I’ll pay all the living expenses until you get yourself a job…
…还有我自己会洗衣裳.
…and I’ll even do my own laundry.
我知道.
I see.
那你图的什么?
And what do you get?
你可以对我好一点儿呀.
All you gotta do is be nice to me.
你死去吧!
You go to hell!
你能认真听我说吗?要不这就是我最后一次和你说话了.
Will you listen very carefully to me?This may be the last time I talk to you.
并不是所有人都对你婀娜的身体有企图,小姐.
Not everyone is after your magnificent body.
首先,你的身子也没那么好看.也许还算不错吧,但还不至于让我晚上辗转反侧,知道吗.
In the first place, it’s not so magnificent.It’s fair, but it ain’t keepin’ me up nights.
我也不认为你很漂亮.除了你笑起来的时候儿…
I don’t even think you’re very pretty.Maybe if you smiled…
…再退一步就算我有想法,我也不会去违背你的信仰!
…but don’t go against your religion!
在这个城市,你不是唯一被甩了的人!
And you aren’t the only person in this city to get dumped on!
我也被抛弃了,被自己的理想当成垃圾抛弃!
I myself am a recent dumpee!
我是一个投入全部身心的演员,宝拉,你知道吗.
I am a dedicated actor, Paula.
我所从事的事业,我所追求的艺术,我愿意为它们而献身.我珍视我所做的一切.
I am dedicated to my art and my craft.I value what I do.
因为碰到一个智力上患有炎症的导演,我把所扮演的角色…
Because of a mentally arthritic director,I’m about to play…
…英文戏剧自有史以来排名第二伟大的角色…
…the second greatest role in the history of the English-speaking theatre…
…演成了一个新鲜的、大坨儿的加利福尼亚海鲜沙拉!
…like a double order of fresh California fruit salad!
当我说”好”时,它的意思就是好!你懂得公平正直的对待一个人吗?
When I say “nice,” I mean nice!You know, decent and fair.
我值得你这么做,因为我是一个好人,一个公平正直的好人!
I deserve it, ’cause I’m a nice,decent and fair person.
别以为我会乘人之危!
I don’t want to jump on your bones!
我甚至明天早上起来都不想看见你.
I don’t even want to see you in the morning.
关于我喜欢你哪一点,我现在告诉你吧.
I’ll tell you what I do like about you.
露西!露西才是你最好的那部分!
Lucy! Lucy’s your best part!
有了露西我就愿意付出.
Lucy is worth puttin’ up with you for.
所以,14美元放在这儿,用来照顾好那个了不起的孩子.
So, here is $14 for the care and feeding of that terrific kid.
拿到钱你可以唱一首东北人都是活雷锋!
You get zip-a-dee-do-dah!
(原词zip-a-dee-do-dah为迪斯尼儿歌♥)
下回你再想要钱,我可以让你10岁的女儿借给你!
You want any money, borrow it from your 10-year-old daughter!
我现在要回屋儿打坐,你把我给气坏了,我得把气儿消了.
I’m now going inside my room to meditate away my hostility towards you.
就我个人而言可能做不到!
Personally, I don’t think it can be done!
“可是,你们如果很累,

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!