我找到工作了.
I got a job.
一份儿真正的表演工作.
A real acting job.
你找到啦?在哪儿?
You did? Where?
在”有货剧社”.查尔斯街上一个做即兴式表演的小剧团.
The Inventory.It’s an improvisational group on Charles St.
他们看过理查三世.
They saw Richard III.
他们跟我说:这你都能演,还有什么演不了的!
They said if I could do that,I could do anything!
– 哎呦,千万别下雨.
– Don’t let it rain.
– 没关系.
– Don’t worry about it.
反正这套衣服对我来说太大了.
The suit’s too big for me anyway.
他们今天叫我去试戏.表演方式是即兴的,你明白吧.
I auditioned for them today.It’s improvisation, you understand.
现在,有一个非常难于…
Now, very difficult…
…是这么回事,和我一块儿试戏的是一个叫琳达的女孩儿,特别有才华的一个人…
…but I auditioned with this very talented girl, Linda…
她漂亮吗?
Is she pretty?
不漂亮,嗯…特别难看.她没有翘鼻子.
No, very unpretty. Very ugly. Unpug-nosed.
我扮演亚伯拉罕·林肯. 玛丽·托德·林肯出城去了.
I played Abraham Lincoln.Mary Todd Lincoln’s out of town.
(玛丽·托德·林肯:总统夫人)
格兰特将军带着我去逛窑子.两位国家领导人非常严肃的…
General Grant takes me to a cathouse.We’re all tryin’ to act very dignified…
别停啊,要不我们在雨里跳舞吧!
Don’t stop, I never danced in the rain!
还跳六呢,跳完了我买♥♥的披萨饼就该湿的没法儿要了!
The hell with dancing,my pizza’s getting drenched!
等等,等等.
Wait.
我拿着这个.
I got it.
那我拿这个.
I’ll get it.
托尼和那女孩儿的事儿让你发现以后,后来又怎么样了?
What happened after you found out about this other girl and Tony?
– 叫鲍比.托尼是后来认识的.
– Bobby. Tony comes after Bobby.
– 对不起.
– Sorry.
他是一个上了路就要出轨的男人.
It happens all the time on the road.
他说在外边儿走穴,一去就6个月.其实他是又耐不住寂寞了.
He’s gone for six months with the play,he gets lonely.
只有他在外边儿混不下去的时候,我的婚姻才能暂时得到幸福.
The only time you have a good marriage is when your husband is in a flop.
他每次回家,不用说又没钱了.
He’s broke, but he’s home.
你是怎么和托尼认识的?
How’d you meet Tony?
我不好意思再跟你说了.
I’m ashamed to tell you.
为什么?
Why?
我去看他演的送冰人来了.
I saw him in The Iceman Cometh at Circle in the Square.
他演的不好,但他长得漂亮极了.
He wasn’t very good, but he was gorgeous.
我就一直不错眼珠儿地看着他.
I couldn’t take my eyes off of him.
不用问,我喜欢上他了.
Don’t ask.
我在剧场后门儿等着他,直到他出来…
I waited until he came out of the stage door…
…我跟他表白了,看起来像是一个最忠实的粉丝.
…and I introduced myself,like a regular groupie.
一周后我就搬到这儿和他在一起了.
A week later I moved in with him.
我以前老做这样的傻事儿.
I used to do things like that.
为什么呀?
Why?
在音乐歌♥舞剧这行儿,男孩儿相对于女孩儿更有吸引力…
When you dance in the chorus of a musical…
…而且唱歌♥的比我这个伴舞的地位要高.
…the boys’ voices are usually higher than the girls.
一个女孩儿也许需要10年时间,才能成熟起来去爱一个真正的男人.
After ten years of that,you get very hung up on macho men.
感谢上帝我过了那个阶段.
Thank God I am over that period.
我觉得我已经可以理解你了.
I think I’ll let that remark pass.
我们今晚会不会住在一起?
Are we gonna sleep with each other tonight?
在我认识的所有性格直爽的女孩儿里,你是最直接了当的.
Of all the “right up front” girls I know,you are the “right up frontest.”
你现在什么感觉?
How do you feel about it?
紧张.
Nervous.
其实这没什么,但我觉得紧张.
A pushover, but nervous.
在座的各位,早上好. 不用鼓掌了,谢谢.
Good morning, everybody. No applause, please.
早报上登什么新闻了?
What’s new this morning?
没有新闻是吗? 好吧.
Nothing’s new this morning.
诶~有个叫林德伯格的小孩儿要飞跃大西洋了,你听说了没有?
Did you hear this kid Lindbergh is gonna try to fly the Atlantic?
(林德伯格:飞行冒险家)
你…嗯…内什么…谁是你最想扮演的电影角色?
Who do you think’ll play it in the movie?
她昨天晚上没睡好.
She didn’t sleep too well last night.
我估计你们也没睡好吧.
I guess no one did.
晚上见吧.
See you tonight.
她是不是知道我们的事儿了?我还以为这小孩儿跟我是一头儿的.
We’ve been found out, have we?I thought the kid was rootin’ for us.
别叫她”小孩儿”.她不爱听别人叫她”小孩儿”.
Don’t call her “kid.”She doesn’t like to be called “kid.”
奥~对不起.
Sorry.
我们芝加哥那边儿都这么叫,这么叫更亲近一点儿…
In Chicago it’s an expression of endearment…
像什么”嘿,小孩儿”,”干嘛呢?小孩儿”,”有事儿吗?小孩儿”.
…like “Hiya, kid.” “How ya doin’, kid?””What’s wrong, kid?”
没事儿.
Nothing.
真的?
Really?
没事儿就好.
Glad to hear it.
有奶油面包吗?
Any buttered toast?
她就是有点儿害怕.
She’s scared, that’s all.
露西?是吗?
Lucy?
她害怕以前的事儿会再发生一遍.
She’s afraid what happened before will happen again.
你们娘儿俩怎么回事儿?你们演双簧呐?我觉得咱们的关系只不过是你和我之间的事儿.
What is it with you two, are you partners?I thought it was just you and me last night.
我生活中的每一件事儿都和她有关.
What happens in my life affects hers.
我其实也觉得害怕.
And I’m scared too.
我说…我们要是把昨天晚上的事儿忘了,不会伤害到你吧?
Would you be terribly hurt if we just forgot all about last night?
你说晚了.昨天的事儿我都记我日记本儿里了.
It’s a little late.I’ve already made an entry in my diary.
你看看我.
Look at me.
我站这儿半天了,手一直放在凉水里,可我手心儿却在出汗.
I am standing here with sweaty palms and I have my hands in cold water.
我真不知道你今天早上想的是什么.你犯什么毛病了?
I don’t know what you’re thinking this morning.
这个那个的,你哪儿来的那么多问题…
Instead of asking so goddamn many questions…
…你起码儿可以跟我说一句,”昨儿晚上不错”吧.
…you could at least say to me,”Last night was wonderful.”
昨儿晚上不错.
Last night was wonderful.
我的天呐.我肯定是痴呆了.
Oh, my God. I must be crazy.
太傻了,我一次又一次的,老是对自己做着同样的傻事儿.
I keep doing the same damn thing to myself, over and over again.
我什么时候才能学会汲取教训?
When am I ever going to learn?
听着…我不想再和别人有什么感情纠葛了.
I am not up to falling in love again.
谈感情实在太累了.
It is too much work.
我觉着你要是收拾好东西马上离开的话…
I think we would all be a whole lot better off…
…对我们两个来说都会更好.
…if you just packed up your things and left.
不是针对你才这么说的.
Nothing personal.
嘿!~我现在明白了,为什么那些人都走了!
I think I have a clue now as to why all those other guys left!
你太脆弱了!你是玻璃心吗,小姐!
Crackers! Animal crackers, lady!
你是一个典型的感情应激障碍晚期病例!
You got a severe case of emotional retardation!
我不会走的,宝拉!我会撒丫子跑!
I’m not leaving, Paula! I’m escaping!
我保证发个快递,把你的东西都寄给你!
I will personally forward your mail!
你留着吧!我才不告诉你地址呢!
Keep it! I’m not giving you a forwarding address!
瓜子儿里嗑出个臭虫-真是什么仁儿(人)都有.
Lot of weirdos in this neighborhood.
不过顺便声明一下,我确实觉得昨天晚上不错,真不是敷衍你好吗?
But just in passing, I’d just like to say that last night was terrific, okay?
如果把它形容成一场世界杯比赛,我能给它打9分儿.
It was the Super Bowl of romance.I give it a fat nine on a scale of ten.
你喝多了,还打了个涕愤,所以扣1分儿,不过这已经够不错的了.
You lose one point for burping your wine,but all in all it was a respectable score.
别拿昨天晚上的事儿打哈哈!
Don’t you get glib about last night!
你知不知道它对我来说很重要!
It was very important to me!
想哭的话等1分钟再哭,我这儿还没说完呢.
You want to lower your neurosis for a minute, I’m not done.
– 你心里应该清楚问题出在哪儿.
– You want to know what your problem is?
– 出在哪儿了?
– What?
你和某个人真心相爱…
You love to love somebody…
…但那个人采取主动的一刻,就把你吓坏了…
…but the minute that they take the initiative, like I did last night…
…把你裤衩子都给吓掉了!我真不是踩咕你.
…that scares the pants off of you!Nothing off-color intended.
你怎么不在剧场后门儿等我,嗯?
You didn’t wait at any stage door for me.
我主动靠近你,我主动追求你,你能不能拿出勇气面对?
I approached first. I touched first.And you can’t handle that, can you?
他真有意思.
He is laughable.
太可笑了!你是我见过的最可笑的人.
And silly! You are the silliest man I ever met.
你知道我说的对!
And you know that I’m right!
你要是不放开我,我就把你那只好眼打瞎了!
If you don’t let go of me,I’ll punch your other eye out!
宝拉, 别装聋卖♥♥傻了.你太了解你自己了,你要把我的话听进去.
Paula, you know yourself too well to ignore what I’m saying.
对,我装聋卖♥♥傻,我就是不想听你蛤♥蟆♥念经.
That is exactly why I am trying to ignore it.
你知道我们在这儿像干嘛的吗?我们跑这儿演驯悍记来了.
You know what we got here?Taming of the Shrew is what we got here.
(驯悍记:莎士比亚作品,讲述丈夫调♥教♥悍妻的故事)
你真能没事儿找事儿,我现在告诉你这揿头儿拍子…
Despite the fact, Kate,you’re one large pain in the arse…
…昨晚是我拥有过的最美好的一个夜晚,冰雪聪明的姑娘.
…last night was the best thing I ever had, girl-wise.
要是你刚才不犯小心眼儿…
If you weren’t behaving like such a horse’s rectum…
…我们可能整个白天都会搂在一起抱在一起…
…we could’ve been touching and fondling all day…
…直到下午5点我去排练!
…until about 5:00 when I got to go to rehearsal!
从我的角度来说,夫人,你把好事儿给搅和黄了.
Personally, madam, I think you blew it.
安夫人!安夫人!黑太子死了!
Lady Anne! The Black Prince is dead!
英格兰是你的了!
England is yours!
你要不要英格兰?
You don’t want England?
你想要西班牙?西班牙我可以便宜点儿给你.
Would you take Spain?Spain I can get you cheap.
你在那儿干嘛呢?
What are you doing in that thing?
快点儿上来,这马车打着表呢.
Come on, get in quick.The horse has got a meter on him.
上哪儿去?

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!