不知怎么的,
And somehow,
我们会挺过去的,我们所有人。
we will survive this, all of us.
甚至是你的父亲,我全心全意地崇拜他。
Even your father, who I adore with all my heart.
他值得比我做的更好,但是…
He deserves so much better than what I’m doing, but…
...但本尼需要我,宝贝。
…but Bennie needs me, dolly.
我需要他。
And I need him.
以至于没有他,
So much so that without him,
我正在变成一个我不认识的人
I’m turning into someone I don’t know
你们都不会再认识我了。
and none of you will know me anymore.
我就是那个可恶的人
I’ll just be that hateful person
把你的背弄成那样的人。
who did that terrible thing to your back.
是的,这是我做过的最自私的事,
And yes, this is the most selfish thing I have ever done,
但我现在必须这么做,因为萨米…
but I’ve got to do this now because, Sammy…
...你做你内心想做的事,
…you do what your heart says you have to,
因为你不欠任何人一条命。
’cause you don’t owe anyone your life.
我也不知道。
Not even me.
哦……他们毁了吗?
Oh… Are they ruined?
我可以再做一些。
I-I-I can make some more.
哦,不,不,不。
Oh, no, no, no.
我喜欢烧焦的。
I like ’em burnt.
莫妮卡甩了我。
So, Monica dumped me.
她做吗?
She did?
是啊,在我告诉她离婚的事之后。
Yeah, after I told her about the divorce.
嗯?
Huh?
也许你不该向她求婚。
Probably shouldn’t have asked her to marry me.
-你没有。-哦,但是…
– You did not. – Oh, but…
——哦。你做了吗?
– Oh. You did?
-说白了。——可怜的女孩。
– In so many words. -Poor girl.
爸爸?
Dad?
嘿,爸爸,我回来了。
Hey, Dad, I’m home.
萨米?
Sammy?
我觉得我心脏病发作了。
I think I’m having a heart attack.
-过来。
– Come here.
这是恐慌症发作。你妈妈会收到的。
It’s a panic attack. Your mother gets them.
-她拿到的时候你做了什么?-我给她泡茶了。
– What did you do when she’d get them? -I made her tea.
好的。
Okay.
另外,你已经筋疲力尽了。
Plus, you’re exhausted.
你不睡觉。
You don’t sleep.
我听到你整晚都在走来走去
I hear you walking around all night
或者打字,
or typing those letters,
还有三个小时的车程
and the three hours’ drive to the college
-日复一日,真是…-不,不,不。
– every day and back, it’s… – Oh, no, no, no.
我不能回那个宿舍。
I can’t go back to that dorm.
也许你的室友安定下来了。
Maybe your roommate settled down.
他投了戈德华特的票。
He voted for Goldwater.
我不能回去。
I can’t go back.
爸爸……
Dad…
我不知道……
I don’t know…
该怎么办。
what to do anymore.
我不想让你失望
I don’t want to disappoint you,
我向她保证我会坚持到底
and I promised that I’d stick it out,
但是两年就像永远一样,我讨厌上学。
but two years is like forever, and I hate school.
-有很多。
– Like, a lot.
我想找个电影或电视剧的工作,
And I want to get work on a movie or a TV show,
所以我发出了所有的信,
so I send out all those letters,
但是没有人回信。
but nobody ever writes back.
我的生命过得太快了,
And my life is just going by so fast,
但它没有任何进展。
but it’s not getting anywhere.
专心啜饮。这会让你冷静下来。
Concentrate on sipping. It’ll calm you down.
在这里。嗯…
Here. Uh…
我把汤热了,你可以看看邮件。
You can go through the mail while I get the soup hot.
妈妈寄来的。
It’s from Mom.
只是一堆傻傻的照片
It’s just a bunch of goofy photos
来自某个街区派对。
from some kind of block party.
爸爸?
Dad?
爸爸,什么……
Dad, what’s…
哦,爸爸,我不是故意的…
Oh, Dad, I didn’t mean to…
如果你这么讨厌学校,那就别去了。
If you hate school so much, don’t go.
但是…爸爸,我们需要…
But… Dad, we need…
我不知道。我希望你能
I don’t know. I would like you to
因为这部电影…我不知道。
because this film thing… I don’t know.
也许我应该坚决反对这件事
Maybe I should have put my foot down about it
多年前,但是…
years ago, but…
我知道你会像狄更斯一样工作
I know you’re gonna work like the dickens
不管你最后做什么
on whatever you wind up doing
因为你跟我一模一样。
because you’re a chip off the old block.
我们不会不认识对方的,萨米。
We’re never not going to know each other, Sammy.
你怎么知道的?
How do you know that?
你和妈妈不需要了。
You and Mom don’t anymore.
是的,我们有。
Yes, we do.
我们永远都会。
We always will.
我知道是因为……
I know it because…
...我们的故事讲得太远了
…we’ve gone too far in our story
真正说出“结束”。
to actually say “the end.”
你邮件里少了些东西。
Uh, you missed something in the mail.
好消息吗?
Good news?
他们订了32个半小时,
They’ve ordered 32 half hours,
9月17日周五晚8:30在CBS播出。
Fridays at 8:30 p.m. on CBS, starting September 17th.
我们已经有六场演出了。
We already have six shows in the can.
就像史塔拉格17号♥或大逃亡,
It’s like Stalag 17 or The Great Escape,
-除了它更有趣。毫米。
– except it’s funnier. – Mm.
而且是为了电视。
And it’s for television.
-这很有趣。-是的。
– And it’s funny. – Yeah.
或者至少我向上帝祈祷这很有趣。
Or at least I pray to God that it’s funny.
书名是《霍根英雄》
Hogan’s Heroes– that’s the title.
你怎么看?
What do you think?
-很朗朗上口,对吧?朗朗上口的。是的。
– Pretty catchy, right? – Catchy. Yeah.
如果一切顺利,
And if all goes well,
下一季我也许能给你点东西。
I might be able to offer you something next season.
也许是给助理做助手。
Maybe assisting an assistant to an assistant.
反正你也不想上电视。
You don’t want to be in TV anyway.
你的信已经说得差不多了。
Um, your letter said as much.
顺便说一句,我喜欢这封信。
By the way, I love this letter.
——哦。-我以前写过很多东西
– Oh. – I used to write a whole bunch
在我像你这么大的时候
of these letters when I was your age.
你想拍电影。我说的对吗?
You want to make movies. Am I right?
嗯,是的。是的,我喜欢。
Well, yeah. Yes, I do.
但是,我很乐意从任何地方开始,
But look, I’m just happy to start anywhere,
-那不…
– and-and that doesn’t…
你知道你要见谁吗?
You know who you need to meet?
我是说,不是为了工作,因为他不这样做。
I mean, not for a job, ’cause he doesn’t do that.
你想怎么认识我
How would you like to meet
史上最伟大的电影导演?
the greatest film director who ever lived?
他就在大厅对面。
And he’s right across the hall.
来吧。
Come on.
在这儿等一会儿。
Wait here a minute.
这是诺娜。
Um, this is Nona.
诺娜会照顾你的。
Nona’s gonna look after you.
呃,他不在。他的……
Um, he’s not here. He’s…
-他在吃午饭。——正确的。
– He’s at lunch. – Right.
-你想等吗?-是的,他会等的。
– You want to wait? – Yeah, he’ll wait.
坐下。
Sit.
祝你好运。
Good luck.
可能要几个小时。
Could be hours.
好了,孩子,给你五分钟。
All right, kid, you got five minutes.
可能一个。站起来。
Probably one. Stand up.
嘿。丢掉领带。
Hey. L-Lose the tie.
你会有更好的机会。
You’ll stand a better chance.
他们告诉我你想成为一名画师。
They tell me you want to be a picture maker.
嗯,是的,先生,我知道。
Um, yes, sir, I do.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!