他没在绕圈吗?
He’s not circling?
没有
Nein.
他走了,艇长先生
He’s gone, Herr Kapitän.
我们要听一阵子
We will listen for a while.
《罗马帝国的衰亡》
《孤女安妮》
医生,这天可真热
Doc, this is really a hot one.
至少他们在下面能一直凉爽,你可以替他们说这话
At least they’re keeping cool down there. You can say that for ’em
“画中船在画中洋”
“A painted ship on a painted ocean.”
那是什么,医生?
What’s that, doc?
我想起了《古舟子咏》,你瞧,此刻相当适合我们
I was reminded of “The Ancient Mariner.” You know, it rather fits us right now.
空旷的海上,有某种不真实的东西在等着
Something unreal about this waiting out here on a deserted sea.
哦,要是那条潜艇对我们发射一条鱼雷,那就够真实了
It’ll be real enough if that pig-boat puts a fish in us.
– 有运气吗,“底火”? – 没有, 长官
– Any luck, Rimfire? – No, sir.
那些鱼害怕要是咬钩会发出声音来
Them fish are afraid they’ll make some noise if they bite.
来,让我试试
Here, let me try it.
《小赫尔曼》
阿道夫·希♥特♥勒♥《我的奋斗》
我猜你待过北大西洋后,会觉得这儿的太阳很难忍♥受
I guess you’re finding this sun hard to take after the North Atlantic.
哦,不要紧
It doesn’t matter.
不管哪里有战争,总是要么太冷要么太热
It’s always either too cold or too hot wherever there’s a war on.
– 哦,来一颗药片 – 谢谢
– Well, have a salt pill. – Thanks.
我们已经漂浮了好一阵子了
We’ve been floating around for quite a while.
不觉得有可能那艘U艇已经溜掉了吗,你说?
Don’t think ther’s any chance the U-boat’s gotten away from us again, do you?
不,他好好待在下面
No, he’s down there all right.
– 我服了他们怎么让人那样做 – 做什么?
– Beats me how they get men to do it. – Do what?
坐进下面那口棺材里
Go and sit in that coffin down there.
他们境况没那么糟
They’re not so bad off.
其实, 这种情况下, 他们的赢面比我们要大
Actually, they stand a better chance than we do, in this case.
一艘军舰很难突袭他们
Pretty hard for one ship to surprise them.
他们的指挥官也许有能力干掉我们,要是他够聪明的话
Their commander might be able to knock us off if he’s smart enough.
你觉得他是不是呢?
D’you think he is?
什么?够聪明吗?
What, smart enough?
事情发生了我们就知道啦
We’ll know that when it happens.
我想知道他是什么样的人
I wonder what sort of man he is.
嗯,他有他的胆量,这我知道
Well, he’s got his share of guts, I know that.
要不是他那么犟着要回到140航向…
If he weren’t so bullheaded about going back on course 140,
他本来老早就跟我们吻别了,我就知道这些
he could have kissed us goodbye a long time ago, that’s all I know.
我不知道他是怎样,或者他怎么想
I have no idea what he is, or what he thinks.
我不想了解我正在努力摧毁的人
I don’t wanna know the men I’m trying to destroy.
– 艇长先生? – 嗯?
– Herr Kapitän. – Enh?
是,我知道
Yes, I know.
这个时候那美国人一定走远了
The American must be far away by this time.
这事挺奇怪,可我知道他在那里,正等着
It’s a curious thing, but I know he’s there, waiting.
好了,我们走,静默程序,140
All right, we go. Silent routine, 140.
– 水平 – 水平
– Level. – Level.
– 航向140 – 140
– Course will be 140. – 140
继续静默程序
Continue silent routine.
路易斯,起来,我们收到东西了
Lewis, get up. We got somethin’.
舰桥,我是声纳室
Bridge, Sonar.
说吧,声纳室
Go ahead, Sonar.
螺旋桨空转,深处,缓慢
Propeller cavitation, deep and slow.
他能算出方向吗?
Can he figure a heading?
你能算出一个方向吗?
Can you figure a heading?
路易斯认为他往东南移♥动♥
Lewis thinks he’s moving southeast.
又要回到140
Coming back on 140 again.
– 战斗岗位戒备 – 战斗岗位戒备
– Alert battle stations. – Alert battle stations.
– 开始水下搜索 – 开始水下搜索
– Commence underwater search. – Commence underwater search.
两个推进轴给我最小转速,航向140
Give me minimum rpm on both shafts. Steer 140.
螺旋桨声,艇长先生
Propellers, Herr Kapitän.
他是个魔鬼,海尼
He’s a devil, Heini.
总得…
Somehow…
我们总得摆脱他
somehow we must lose him.
或者干掉他
Or kill him.
– 他被锁定位置了,长官 – 准备迫近吗,长官?
– He’s pinpointed, sir. – Ready to close in, sir?
不,传话:
No. Pass the word:
我要跟所有军官和负责人开个会,在军官室
I want a conference with all officers and chiefs, make it in the wardroom.
副水手长,传话
Boatswain’s mate. Pass the word.
所有军官和负责人跑步前往军官室
All officers and chiefs in the wardroom on the double.
我们处于劣势,因为他转向能够比我们灵活
We’re at a disadvantage because he can turn sharper than we can.
我们可以震一震他,但致命的爆♥炸♥就纯靠运气了
We can shake him up, but a death blow’d be pure luck.
我们已经用了三分之一的深水炸♥弹♥
We’ve expended a third of our depth charges.
如果他想的话,这艘U艇可以在水下再待24小时
The U-boat can stay underwater for another 24 hours if he wants to.
要是我们耗尽深水炸♥弹♥,就会是他们来进攻了
If we run out of depth charges, the offensive will be theirs,
我们就只能中断接触来远离他的鱼雷
and we’d have to break contact to get away from his torpedoes.
另一方面,我们不能光跟着他,等我们的船来增援
On the other hand, we just can’t follow him and wait for our ships to join us
因为我们可能在他们赶到之前被拖入一艘德国突击舰的陷阱
because we might get pulled into a trap with a German raider before they get here.
我们现在要做的就是进行某种拖延行动
What we’re going to do is to fight a sort of delaying action.
敌人在前方大约1千码
The enemy’s about a thousand yards ahead.
我们会保持这个距离一小会儿
We’ll hold this distance for a little while.
然后我们靠上去,扔一组深水炸♥弹♥
Then we’ll run in, lay one pattern of charges,
后退,等一小时,然后再次进攻
drop back, wait for one hour, and attack again.
我们可以继续这一套七个小时
We can keep this routine up for seven hours.
他不可能很快地跑到任何地方
He can’t get anywhere very fast,
到周期结束的时候 我们的船也应该来了
and our ships should be here by the end of that period.
他甚至可能上浮
He might even surface.
待在受到攻击的潜艇内 是你能想象到的最糟糕的经历
Being inside a submarine under attack is the worst experience you can imagine.
等他们遭到我们所做的打击之后
After they get on what we’re doing,
他们可能更愿意上来投降,或者至少…
they might prefer to come up surrender, or at least…
…跟我们一决胜负
…shoot it out with us.
我要你们都尽量多休息
I want you all to get as much rest as you can.
在你们的岗位上稍息,但要为我们每次的猛攻做好准备
Stand easy at your stations, but be ready every time we lunge.
这项工作将会漫长而无聊,但对那帮德国人就是糟糕的景象
It’s going to be a long, dull job, but it’s a damn sight worse for the Germans.
我们将在15:00开始这套做法
We’ll begin the routine at 1500.
艇长先生,后鱼雷舱,我们这里有麻烦了
Herr Kapitän, aft torpedo room. We’ve got trouble here.
你来指挥
Take command.
给我让路
Stay away from me.
让开
Stay away.
我们对他一点办法也没有, 艇长先生
We can do nothing with him, Herr Kapitän.
过来,孩子
Come here, son.
过来
Come.
把扳手给我
Give me the wrench.
把它给我
Give it to me.
你要立正站好
You will come to attention.
我们工作的一部分就是去死
It’s a part of our work to die.
但我们不会死
But we are not going to die.
你相信我吗?
Do you believe me?
你相信我吗?
Do you believe me?
他炸得更准了,艇长先生
He gets more accurate, Herr Kapitän.
下次他会把我们撕成碎片
He will tear us apart the next time.
你有何建议,昆茨?
What do you suggest, Kunz?
上浮,艇长先生,投降
Surface, Herr Kapitän. Surrender.
– 霍勒姆? – 我不担心,艇长先生
– Holem? – I am not concerned, Herr Kapitän.
– 施瓦夫 – 我说继续
– Schwaffer? – I say go on.
– 艾利,潜艇的情况如何? – 我们还没有损伤
– Ailey, what’s the condition of the ship? – We are not yet hurt.
但我们逃不掉
But we cannot escape.
为新德国而死是你的特权
It will be your privilege to die for the new Germany.
把这个放到潜艇的唱机转盘上
Put this on the ship’s turntable.
可是…声音会传出去的, 艇长先生
But the sound will carry, Herr Kapitän.
这会帮助美国人知道我们的位置
It will help the American to know our position.
放上去
Put it on.
艇长先生,你不能这么做
Herr Kapitän, you cannot do this.
唱出来,海尼
Sing it, Heini.
敬你,我的朋友,还有你,我的…
For you, my friend, and you my…
唱出来,海尼
Sing it, Heini.
♪ …我们大家一起,这一杯敬生活和欢笑还有歌♥曲
…all of us together, here’s a toast to life and to laughter and song
♪ 好啤酒啊,我的朋友
Good beer, my friend…
唱出来,昆茨,唱出来,霍勒姆
Sing it, Kunz. Sing it, Holem.
唱吧,每个人都唱
Sing it, everybody.
♪ …我们高声大力地唱
…as we sing loud and strong
♪ 重新斟满冒泡的啤酒杯,每个人嘴唇沾着泡沫
Fill up the flowing steins again with foam on every lip
♪ 我们祝酒高呼“遵命”,情谊经久不衰
We’ll give a skol and shout “Jawohl!” in lasting fellowship

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!