我所在的那艘货船被一枚鱼雷切成两截
The freighter I was on was cut in half by a torpedo.
当时想我是在做出改变的关口了
Thought I’d be on the shooting end for a change.
舰长
Captain.
舰长说话
Captain, aye?
目标加速到13节,长官
Target’s increased speed to 13 knots, sir.
记入修正速度,韦尔先生
Ring up a compensating speed, Mr. Ware.
是,长官
Aye aye, sir.
所有引擎标准速度前进,203转, 长官
All engines ahead standard, 203 rpm, sir.
很好
Very well.
哦,到时候我们都会重回自己的生活
Well, in time we’ll all get back to our own stuff again.
这场战争会被吞没,就像从未发生过
The war’ll get swallowed up and seem like it never happened.
对,但不会再跟从前一样了
Yes, but it won’t be the same as it was.
不会再有我们以前有过的那种永恒之感了
It won’t have that feeling of permanency that we had before.
– 我们学到一个艰难的真♥相♥ – 你是怎么个意思?
– We’ve learned a hard truth. – How do you mean?
苦难和毁坏没有尽头
That there’s no end to misery and destruction.
你斩掉一个蛇头,它会再长出一个来
You cut the head off a snake, it grows another one.
你斩掉那一个,会发现又一个
You cut that one off, you find another.
我们不能杀死它,因为它是与我们同在的东西
We can’t kill it because it’s something within ourselves.
如果你想的话可以称之为敌人,但是…
You can call it the enemy if you want to, but…
它是我们的一部分,我们都是人
…it’s part of us. We’re all men.
我料想是有些理由来放弃希望,但是…
I suppose there is some reason to lose hope, but…
你看,我拒不接受
you know, I reject it.
因为我有家庭
‘Cause I have a family,
我想让他们得到比战争更好的东西
and I want something better for them than war
我认为是可能的
and I think it’s possible.
你有孩子吗,舰长?
Have you any children, Captain?
没有
No.
结婚了?
Married?
我在英国娶过一个女孩
I married a girl in England.
她被杀害了
She was killed.
轰炸机吗?
Bombers?
不是,战争爆发时,我…
No. When the war broke out, I…
…用我的货船载她回家
…got passage for her on my freighter for home –
就是被鱼雷炸成两半的那艘
the one that was torpedoed in half.
事情发生时我在后部
I was aft when it happened.
我眼看着船的另一半漂走
I watched the other half of the ship just slide away.
我什么事也做不了
There wasn’t anything I could do about it.
我看见她跑到前甲板上
I saw her run out on the foredeck,
我还听见她喊我的名字
and I heard her call my name and…
接着船的那一半就翻倒下沉了
then that half of the ship just turned over and went down.
我们结婚还不是很久
We hadn’t been married very long.
通知锅炉房♥
Ring up the fire room.
告诉他们我们在冒烟
Tell ’em we’re making smoke.
我不想黎明时还能看到
I don’t wanna see that at dawn.
是, 长官
Aye aye, sir.
你比我们其他人更有理由 想要逮到前面这艘潜艇
You got more reason than the rest of us to wanna catch this submarine ahead.
它可能就是那艘…
It might be the one that…
它可能是,但这不是我个人的战争,医生
It might be, but this isn’t my private war, doctor.
我只是在做我不得不做的事情
I’m just doing what I have to do.
就像那边那位德国艇长一样
Like that German captain out there.
我不喜欢这份工作,也许他也不喜欢
I don’t like the job, and maybe he doesn’t either.
– 舰队天气中心发来的天气 – 谢谢
– Weather from Fleet Weather Control, sir. – Thank you.
我们正驶入一个高气压区域
We’re moving into a high-pressure area.
会有一个晴天
We’re going to have a clear day.
进入一级反潜战状况
Set ASW condition one.
所有人手进入你们的战斗位置
All hands, man your battle stations.
所有维修组人员到位待命,条件许可,长官
All repair parties manned and ready. Condition able, sir.
舵手基罗加操舵,长官
Quartermaster Quiroga at the helm, sir.
舵手斯宾塞掌车钟,长官
Quartermaster Spencer on annunciator, sir.
机房♥人员到位就绪,所有锅炉上线
Engineering spaces manned and ready. All boilers on the line.
最大可用航速,24节
Maximum speed available, 24 knots.
声纳设备人员到位就绪
Sonar gear manned and ready.
弹♥药♥库人员到位就绪
Magazines manned and ready.
舰炮,33号♥,到位就绪
Sky one, mount 33, manned and ready.
舰炮,32号♥报告,到位就绪,长官
Sky one, mount 32 reporting, manned and ready, sir.
41号♥,到位就绪
Mount 41, manned and ready.
舰炮,31号♥,到位就绪
Sky one, mount 31, manned and ready.
所有枪炮人员到位就绪
All guns manned and ready.
很好
Very well.
这条船聪明迅速,韦尔先生
The ship is smart and quick, Mr. Ware.
谢谢长官,我们有一帮积极能干的小伙子
Thank you, sir. We’ve a willing bunch of boys.
传令兵
Messenger.
等那时U艇显露出来,给舰队指挥部发如下电讯
When that U-boat pulls the plug, code this dispatch for Fleet Operations.
是,长官
Aye aye, sir.
“已追踪U艇130英里,方位140
“Have tracked U-boat 130 miles, bearing 140.
“正与敌人交战”
“Now engaging enemy.”
再给出我们的坐标位置
And give our grid position.
好了,我们去追目标吧
Alright, let’s get after the target.
梅里先生,通知全速
Mr. Merry, ring up flank speed.
所有引擎全速前进
All engines ahead flank.
我发现他了,长官,一座指挥台
I’ve got him, sir! A conning tower!
在哪里?
Where away?
离右舷舰艏三度,6千码
Three degrees off the starboard bow. 6,000 yards.
– 主炮组就绪了吗? – 是的,长官,已报告就绪,长官
– Main batteries ready? – Yes, sir, reported ready, sir.
我们也许能趁他钻下去前足够接近对他开炮
We might get close enough to get a shot of him, before he pops under.
船艉有船只,施瓦夫先生
Ship off stern, Herr Schwaffer.
警报
Alarm.
目标下潜
Target diving.
目标下潜
Target diving.
右舵10度
Right ten degrees rudder.
转向到170度
Steady up on 170.
减慢到三分之二速
Slow to two-thirds speed.
减慢到三分之二速,长官?
Slow to two-thirds speed, sir?
不必重复命令,舵手马克森
It’s not necessary to repeat the order, Quartermaster Mackeson.
是,长官
Aye aye, sir.
Z形机动吗,长官?
Zigzag, sir?
– 是,长官
– Negative zigzag. – Aye aye, sir.
170度10节
170 at ten knots.
我们成了活靶子,就是这么回事
We’re a sittin’ duck, that’s what we are.
我们是要对敌人暴露横侧面吗,长官?
We’re presenting our beam to the enemy, sir?
对,我要给他一个用艇艉鱼雷♥管♥自♥由♥射击我们的机会
Yes, I’m giving him a free shot at us with the stern tubes.
那些发射管是不能很快重新装填的
You can’t reload those tubes very well.
我们就能随意攻击他的尾巴了
We can attack up his tail whenever we want to.
是,长官
Yes, sir.
可我们怎么知道他何时发射,长官?
But how will we know when he’s firing, sir?
我给他五分钟下到紧急深度
I’ll give him five minutes to get to emergency depth,
另外三分钟回升到潜望镜深度
another three to come back up to periscope depth,
再两分钟目视观测我们
another two minutes to get us in his sights.
如果他是个像样的艇长,他会在现在起10分钟后打出鱼雷
If he’s any kind of a captain, he’ll spit the fish out ten minutes from now.
水平
Level.
– 封闭 – 封闭
– Seal. – Seal.
– 封闭 – 封闭
– Seal. – Seal.
封闭
Seal.
引擎室就绪 前鱼雷室就绪 后鱼雷室就绪
Engine room clear. Forward torpedo room clear. Aft torpedo room clear.
U艇全体战斗就绪,待命
U-boat all ready for action. stations
– 静默程序 – 静默程序
– Silent routine. – Silent routine.
– 静默程序 – 静默程序
– Silent routine. – Silent routine.
他正越过我们艇艉来到右舷, 艇长先生
He is crossing our stern to starboard, Herr Kapitän.
他没有靠近
He does not approach.
我不懂了,艇长先生
I do not understand, Herr Kapitän.
他没做Z形机动,还保持航向离开我们
He doesn’t zigzag, and he holds course away from us.
把它给我
Give them to me.
他挺聪明,要么他是个傻子
He is clever, or he is a fool.
也许他是聪明过头了,要么是蠢过头了
Maybe he is too clever, or too foolish.
我们会知道的
We’ll see.
把船升到潜望镜深度
Bring the ship up to periscope depth.
潜望镜深度
Periscope depth.
45.
30.
25.
18米,艇长先生
18 meters, Herr Kapitän.
– 美国护卫驱逐舰 – 护卫驱逐舰

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!