第二个
邓格拉司
欢迎你,阿尔贝,好久不见了
Welcome, Albert. It’s been a long time.
我刚从马赛回来
I’ve just returned from Marseilles.
我们在那安葬了我父亲
We buried my father there.
是的,我知道
Well, yes, I know. I–
关于我父亲的死,我还有一些情况不是很了解
There are certain circumstances leading to my father’s death
I don’t quite understand.
所以我才来找你,因为你什么都知道
That’s why I’ve come to you who knows everything.
我会尽我所–
Surely. If I can–
我朋友跟我说海黛公主好几次与你同乘你的马车
My friends report that this Princess Haydee
has been seen with you in your carriage several times.
是的
That’s true.
现在她还住在你家里
She is here now, living in your house.
目前确实如此,但–
At present, yes, but–
你否认你事先就知道她想要揭发我父亲吗?
Do you deny that you had
previous knowledge of her intent to expose my father?
你否认我父亲死的那天早晨来过你这吗?
Do you deny that he visited you the morning of his death,
他坐你马车回家的途中被看守着,而且
was returned home in your carriage under guard and–
几分钟后便饮弹自尽
and a few minutes later shot himself?
他向我寻求我无法给予的帮助
He came to me for help I couldn’t give.
你和海黛公主往来对我们家来说是奇耻大辱
Your open association with Princess Haydee
is an intolerable affront to the family of Mondego
– 唯一的解决方法是– – 好了!
– and one that can only be appeased by– – Stop!
别说了
Don’t say it.
别说了,阿尔贝
Don’t say it, Albert.
别挑战我
Don’t challenge me.
我不希望你成为我的敌人
Rather anyone but you.
我还有其他尊重我的朋友
I have other friends who respect me.
我必向他们证明不是所有蒙台格家族之人都会退缩
I must prove to them that running away
is not the habit of all Mondegos.
如果杀了我能挽回你的名誉–
If killing me will save your honor–
我不想杀你
I don’t wish to kill you.
但–
But–
好吧,那我们–
Well, then, we might–
我知道你在想什么了
I see what you’re thinking.
你想要一场不流血的决斗
You’re suggesting a bloodless duel.
可我不愿虚伪地活下去
Then, all my life I– I live a lie,
不愿将懦弱置于荣誉之上
knowing that I placed cowardice ahead of honor.
我父亲都不会堕落到那种地步
Even my father wouldn’t stoop to that.
我恭候您的大驾
I await your pleasure.
明早拂晓
Tomorrow at dawn.
具体细节我的助手们会告诉你
The place and details my seconds will arrange.
他们今天下午就会来
They will present themselves this afternoon.
祝您早上愉快
Good morning, sir.
您也是
Good morning.
– 出事了?- 是的
– Something’s happened? – Yes.
此事令人钦佩亦令人沮丧
Something admirable and terrible,
我从未想让此事发生
something I never planned.
您和阿尔贝约在7点见面
Your meeting with Albert is at seven.
现在已经5点了
It is already five.
您只剩下一个小时的时间休息
You only have an hour left for rest.
您用阿尔贝的枪还是您自己的?
Will you use his duelling pistols or yours?
他的吧,这又有什么区别呢?
His, I suspect. What difference does it make?
弗克先生在等您
Mssr. Fouquet is waiting.
这些是弗克的证据链所缺少的一环
here is the link that Fouquet’s chain lacks.
让他马上去把德·维尔福从床上拽起来
Tell him to go at once and drag de Villefort from his bed.
等伟大的王室检察官拿到能把我送回监狱的证据就不会有睡意了
The great King’s Attorney won’t be sleepy long
when he has in his hands the evidence that’ll send me back to prison.
如果我能在决斗中活下来,我会去参加审判
If I survive the duel, I shall go through with the trial.
如果我死了
If I die–
德·维尔福便逍遥法外了
De Villefort will go free.
是的
Yes.
这个盒子里装着我的过去、我的计划
This chest contains my past, my plans,
和我的未竟之事
and my unfinished business.
还有我的遗嘱,这是为我的朋友们、仆人们,还有你预留的
Also my will, which makes provisions for my friends, servants, and you,
你是我的知己
my trusted confidant.
好了
Yep.
现在都已安排妥当
My house is now in order.
好,我马上去见她
Yes, I’ll see her at once.
爱德蒙,别杀我儿子
Edmond, don’t kill my boy.
他告诉了你
He told you.
没有
Not a word.
他的助手伯纳德认为我有必要知道
Bernard, one of his seconds, thought I ought to know.
我清楚了
I see.
你真的清楚吗?
I wonder if you do.

No.
只有我一个人清楚
I’m the only one who sees.
清楚过去的你
Sees you as you were.
也清楚现在的你,你现在毫无人性
And sees you as you are now, devoid of every human feeling,
决心摧毁你复仇之路上的一切
bent upon destroying everything that lies upon your path of vengeance.
请相信我,这并非只是个人复仇
Please believe I’ve put my task above the mean level
of personal vengeance.
我揭发他们
I am exposing criminals,
不是为了我自己
not for their sins against myself,
而是为了其他蒙冤之人
but for their black injustices to others.
不仅看他们做过什么,更应看他们在做什么
Not only for what they have done, but for what they continue to do.
他们才是没有人性者
They are the ones devoid of all humanity,
他们从旁人的痛苦中获利
the ones that profited by the sufferings of others.
那杀了我儿子谁会获利?
Whom will it profit if you kill my son?
你认为这场决斗是我计划的一部分?
Surely you don’t think this duel part of my design?
我还能怎么想?
What else am I to think?
毕竟你已经巧妙地消灭了两个人了
Knowing how skillfully you have destroyed the others.
其实阿尔贝他
Let me tell you about Albert.
崇拜你
He worships you.
除我之外,他一生中从未对任何人有过如此强烈的情感
Never in his life has he felt such a strong affection for anyone but me.
他从未理解他的父亲
He never understood his father.
他们之间全无相投之处
There was no bond of sympathy between them.
为什么呢?
Why?
因为这是我计划的一部分
‘Cause that was a part of my design.
我以我爱的男人的形象抚养他
I reared him in the image of the man I loved.
他就是爱德蒙·邓蒂斯本该有的儿子
He is the son Edmond Dantes would have had.
我曾希望基♥督♥山会认同他
I had hoped that he’d be claimed by Monte Cristo.
我早已认同他了,美茜蒂丝
I claimed him long ago, Mercedes.
但现在情况危急
But the situation now is desperate.
他的名誉危在旦夕
His honor is at stake.
我们得帮他保住
We must protect it.
他越来越担心他会像–
He has a growing fear that he’ll be like–
我知道,他的父亲
I know. His father.
他担心被认为是懦夫
That he’ll be thought a coward.
答应我,你不会来阻止决斗
Promise me you’ll let the duel go through.
想想他的未来
For the sake of his future.
他必须建立自尊
He must have self-respect.
那你向我保证他会有未来
You promise me he’ll have a future, then?
你真的认为我会杀了他吗?
You really think I’d guide my bullet to its mark?

No.
但我就怕万一
Not now I don’t.
我必须得到准信
But you see, I had to be quite sure.
不仅为我自己,也为瓦朗蒂娜·德·维尔福
Not for myself alone. There’s Valentine de Villefort.
注:瓦朗蒂娜是维尔福的女儿、阿尔贝的爱人
我无法忘记我在她这个年纪
I can’t forget that when I was her age,
失去了我爱的男人
I lost the man I loved.
我们不能让瓦朗蒂娜的生活被破坏
We can’t cast a shadow across the path of Valentine.
恐怕已经太迟了
I’m afraid it’s already too late.
什么?
What?
雅各布,弗克走了吗?
Jacopo, has Fouquet left?
是的,阁下,我看到他在路上
Yes, Excellency, I saw him on his way.
他现在应该到门口了
He’ll be at his door by now.
他到王室检察官门口了
The King’s Attorney’s door.
德·维尔福是我下一个目标
De Villefort is the next one on my list.
如果你不想德·维尔福的女儿难受
If you would spare the feelings of De Villefort’s daughter,
就让阿尔贝仔细瞄准并开枪杀死我
tell Albert to take careful aim and shoot to kill.
两位请听我指示
Gentlemen, you have your instructions.
走六步后,听我口令转身
Six paces, turn at my command.
随即开枪
Fire at will.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!