很抱歉 好了,接下来,我们只需要一个人的名字
Sorry about that. Okay, so, next up, we just need the name of a person
是历史上意义重大的人
who is historically significant.
媚.荷兰! 哦 上帝
Mae Holland! Oh, my God!
对不起,我们不知道是谁
Sorry, we don’t know who that is.
她是无名小卒,相信我
She’s nobody, trust me.
甜蜜之家
Home sweet home.
说到这里,让我们和这些人一起来看看
Speaking of which, let’s check in with the folks.
嘿,你们在哪儿?
Hey, where are you guys?
是的
Yeah.
是的 就这样 哇! 啊!
Yeah. There you go. Whoa! Ah!
Um…
我希望工程师们在看
Uh, I hope the engineers are watching,
因为这绝对不应该发生
because that definitely shouldn’t have happened
而且,肯定不会再发生这种事了
and, um, it definitely won’t happen again.
你可以相信我
You can trust me there.
这是我在刷牙
This is me brushing my teeth.
如果你喜欢这个,我很担心你
If you’re enjoying this, I’m worried about you.
各位 晚安
Good night, everyone.
我不会说谎,这是疯狂的一天
I’m not gonna lie, it was a crazy day,
但我很高兴有你们和我在一起 你们每一个人
but I’m happy I had you with me, each and every one of you.
这里从不无聊
Never a boring day here.
你们很多人一直在问我这个雕塑
A lot of you guys have been asking me about this sculpture,
这对我来说是一种享受
which is a treat for me.
我终于可以使用我的艺术史学位了
I finally get to use my art history degree.
这是一位经常遇到麻烦的艺术家创作的
This was made by an artist who has frequently been in trouble
在他自己国家里
in his own country.
我要感谢那些向政♥府♥发出不满的观察家们
I wanna thank all the watchers who sent frowns to the government there,
都是为了他们对艺术家的迫♥害♥
both for their persecution of the artist
以及他们对互联网自♥由♥的限制
and for their restriction on Internet freedoms.
仅美国就有1.8亿人不满
We have sent 180 million frowns from the U.S. alone.
你可以确信这将对政♥权♥产生影响
You can bet that’s gonna have an effect on the regime.
安妮.
安妮.
安妮!
安妮!
安妮!
安妮.阿勒顿!
就我们俩吗?
Are we alone?
我有三分钟的时间在没有录像的情况下使用卫生间
I have three minutes to use the bathroom without the video on.
变♥态♥
Pervs.
你好吗?
How are you?
很好
Good. Well…
你会没事的
you should be good.
你在杀死它
You’re killing it.
你认为呢?
Do you think?
得了吧,假谦虚在这里行不通
Oh, come on, false modesty won’t work here.
你应该兴奋
You should be psyched.
是的
Yeah.
我是的 你是一颗流星 这简直是疯了
I am. You’re a meteor. It’s insane.
人们向我走来,试图接近你
People are coming to me trying to get to you.
这很疯狂
It’s… crazy.
你真的好吗 安妮?
How are you really, Annie?
你看起来很累
You look wiped.
谢谢,媚 你知道我有多喜欢被告知
Thanks, Mae. You know how much I like to be told
就在我出现在你的百万观看者面前
right after I appear in front of your millions
说我看起来糟透了 谢你,你真贴心
that I look terrible. Thank you, you’re sweet.
我带你去吃晚饭吧
Let me take you for dinner.
你有时候必须得吃东西
You gotta eat sometime.
你的摄像头和我看起来很糟糕 听起来不错,但是,没有
Your camera and me looking so terrible. That sounds fantastic, but, no.
我只是担心你
I just I’m worried about you.
你工作太努力了 你担心我吗?
You’re working too hard. You’re worried about me?
你是我担心的欧盟
You’re I’m worried about the EU,
但知道你担心我是件好事
but it’s good to know you’re worried about me.
我不是那个意思 别担心
I didn’t mean it that way. Don’t worry in any way.
我知道你能行 哦,谢谢你 媚
I know you can handle it. Oh, thank you, Mae.
你对我的信任将是对我最大的帮助
Your confidence in me will be the wind beneath my wings.
你父母怎么样?
How are your parents?
抱歉
Sorry.
他们克服了那小毛病?
They’re over that little… episode?
事实上,我还没有收到他们的信息
I haven’t heard from them, actually.
我想这需要一些时间
I guess it’ll just take some time.
抱歉 媚 狗屎
Sorry, Mae. Shit.
我筋疲力尽
I’m fried.
我不得不熬通宵
And I have to pull another all nighter.
斯坦顿一直烦着我
Stenton is on my ass all the time.
我不该问他参议员威廉森的事情
I shouldn’t have questioned him about that whole Senator Williamson thing.
然后……所有的新工作需要完成
And then… there’s all the new work on Completion.
但我认为贝利告诉你了
But I assume Bailey told you about that.
当然
Of course.
当然
Of course.
明天我将参加这个“概念王国”的会议
I’ll be there at the Concept Kingdom meeting tomorrow.
什么?
What?
有一个“概念王国”会议 我知道它是什 但是你要去吗?
There’s a Concept Kingdom I know what it is. But you’re going?
是的 贝利说我应该去那里 广播了吗?
Yeah. Bailey said I Should be there. And broadcast it?
有问题吗? 没有
is That a problem? No.
我只是感到惊讶,仅此而已 这些会议都很敏感
I’m just surprised, that’s all. Those meetings are sensitive.
你知道,也许他打算让你参加只是一个开始
You know, maybe he’s planning on having you attend just the beginning.
我是说 媚 你力不从心
I mean, Mae, you’re in over your head.
你要离开吗?
Are you leaving?
是的
Yeah.
我实在是太落后了,我可能会死
I’m really so far behind on everything, I could just die.
安妮?
喂
Hello.
再见
See ya.
这是最后一次全国选举中投票的人数
So here’s how many people voted in the last national election.
以下是有多少人有资格投票
Here’s how many were eligible to vote.
这里有多少美国人注册在这个“环网”里
And here is how many Americans are registered in the Circle.
还有那个家伙
And there’s that guy.
现在我们来看看今天的会议的内容
So now we get down to the meat of today’s session,
我们已经和国会女议员桑托斯和其他人讨论过
something we’ve discussed with Congresswoman Santos and others.
如果……你的“环网”会自动帮你注册投票呢?
What if… your Circle profile automatically registered you to vote?
用“真实的你” 为了设置一个网名
With True You, in order to set up a profile,
你必须是一个真正有真实地址的人
you have to be a real person with a real address,
完整的个人信息,真实的社会安全号♥码
the complete personal info, real social security number,
所有的信息都是政♥府♥想要的
with all the information that the government wants
当你登记投票时
when you register to vote.
所以为什么州政♥府♥不会考虑你已经注册了
So why wouldn’t the state consider you already registered
当你开一个“环网”帐户的时候?
when you open a Circle account?
没有理由
There’s no reason.
我们有来自几乎所有州州长的口头承诺
Uh, we’ve got verbal commitments from governors of almost every state,
他们同意推动建立你的“环网”账户的立法
and they’ve agreed to push for legislation that would make your Circle account
选民登记的自动路径
an automatic path to voter registration.
太棒了
Bravo.
我认为这是个好主意
I think it’s a great idea.
是的 媚
Well, yes, Mae.
为什么我们不能更进一步?
Why couldn’t we take it one step further?
我是说
I mean, I
我还没有完全搞清楚
I don’t have it completely figured out yet
不,不,不,继续,继续,继续 你开始的很好
No, no, no, go on, go on, go on. You started really well there.
我喜欢这些话,更进一步 公♥司♥就是这样建立起来的
I like those words, one step further. It’s how the company was built.
好吧 从你的目标后退
Okay. Working backwards from your goal…
继续
Go on.
我们都同意百分之百的参与是我们所希望的
We all agree 100 percent participation is what we’d like.
百分之百的参与是最理想的
A hundred percent participation is the ideal.
这是理想主义者的理想,是的
That’s the idealist’s ideal, yes.
我们已经有83%的投票年龄的美国人
And we already have 83 percent of voting age Americans
注册到“环网”上
registered to the Circle.
是的
Yep.
看来我们在路上了
And it seems we’re on our way
用户可以注册,也可以投票
to users being able to register it and maybe actually vote
通过他们的“环网”账户
through their Circle account.
嗯,这是一个小小的飞跃,但是……是的 好吧,继续
Well, that’s a small leap, but… Yes. Okay, go on.
为什么不要求每个投票年龄的公民都有一个“环网”帐户呢?
Why not require every voting age citizen to have a Circle account?
让她说完 让她说完
Let her finish. Let her finish.