你知道吗 并没有外在的道德
There’s no imposed morality.
只是顺其自然
It’s just the way it is.
确实迷人
It’s beautiful, really.
什么也没有 有的是
Just nothing like it. It’s…
旅人的天堂
A voyeur’s paradise.
我真想去看看
I’d love to see that.
还有狩猎 你可以和你的丈夫
There’s safaris. You can ask your husband.
对
Yeah.
今晚夜色很美 想去散步吗
It’s a beautiful evening. Would you like to take a walk?
这儿什么都有
You’ve got it all right here.
我是说真的 这儿是个好地方
I’m serious. This is as nice a place as I’ve ever been.
“月亮的银苹果
“The silver apples of the moon,
太阳的金苹果”
and the golden apples of the sun.”
是叶芝的诗
Yeats. “The Song of Wandering Aengus.”
-流浪者安古斯之歌♥ 是吗 -是的
-Good stuff, Yeats, huh? -Yes.
现实主义 简洁精练 刺♥激♥感官
Realism, economy, sensuousness…
充满美感和魔力 对我的爱尔兰血统很有吸引力
beauty, and magic. All that appeals to my Irish ancestry.
-有什么不对吗 -你想喝东西吗
-Something wrong? -Would you like something to drink?
也许喝咖啡
Coffee?
也许喝白兰地
Maybe some brandy?
也许两种都喝
Maybe some both.
好吗
Yes?
喝吧
Let’s.
你真的不要我帮忙
Sure you don’t want me to help?
我现在不洗 只是冲一下
No. I’m not going to wash them now.
呆会再洗
I’ll rinse them now. I’ll do it later.
弗朗西丝卡
Francesca.
你没事吧
You all right?
没事
Yeah.
弗朗西丝卡
Francesca.
什么事
What?
什么事
What?
我们没做错什么事
We’re not doing anything wrong.
这些都可对孩子说
Nothing you couldn’t tell your kids.
为古老的晚上和远方音乐干杯
To ancient evenings and distant music?
他把她灌醉 就是这样
He’s getting her drunk. That’s what happened.
也许他强来 因此她不能说出来
Maybe he forced himself. That’s why she couldn’t tell us.
他没有
He did not.
他是很好的一个人
He’s such a nice guy.
他想和别人的妻子上♥床♥
Trying to sleep with somebody’s wife?!
我看不是 就算是 也不是坏人
I don’t think so. And that doesn’t make you a bad person.
他使我想起史提夫
He reminds me of Steve in a way. Steve’s…
史提夫软弱不道德扯谎 但不失为好人
weak, immoral and a liar, but still a nice guy.
他只是不该结婚
He just shouldn’t be married.
至少不该娶我
At least not to me.
我饿了 你饿吗
I’m hungry. Are you getting hungry?
没想到你的婚姻这么不幸
I had no idea it’s that bad, sis.
别为我难过 没人让我维持
Please, don’t feel sorry for me. Nobody’s forcing me to stay.
你为何维持
Why do you?
-你介意我问你吗 -不
-Do you mind if I ask you a question? -No.
你为何离婚
Why did you get divorced?
我很少在家
I was never around.
如何维持家庭呢
So, why’d I get married? That’s a good question.
我也许要有个家 要有个根
I guess I needed a home base. Roots.
在旅途中 人是会迷失的
You can kind of get lost on the road.
那么 怎么了
So what happened?
我从没有迷失
I never got lost.
我到处去 比呆在一个地方更快活
I was more at home everywhere than just in one place.
像是世界的公民
Kind of like a citizen of the world.
-有时定会感寂寞吧 -不 我从不感寂寞
-Must get lonely sometimes. -No. I never indulge in that.
我朋友遍天下
I’ve got friends all over
可偶尔去探望他们
the world I can visit from time to time.
也有女性朋友
Women friends too?
我独来独往 可不是苦行僧
I’m a loner, but not a monk.
你真的不需要任何人
You really don’t need anyone?
我需要所有人
I think I need everyone.
我喜欢人 愿意结识不同的人
I love people. I’d love to meet them all.
这正是依阿华的问题
That’s the thing about Iowa.
你会不断碰上同一类的人
You tend to meet the same kind of person repeatedly.
所以当狄先生和姓雷的有染
So when Mr. Delaney has an affair with the Redfield woman…
全镇皆知
the whole town wakes up.
这种事那儿都一样
There’s a lot of that going around.
我认为有太多的
It seems to me there’s too much of:
“这是我的”或是 他或她是我的
“This is mine” And “He or she is mine.”
有太多的束缚 诸如此类
There’s just too many lines being drawn.
你明白吗
You know?
你一个人 难道不怕吗
Doesn’t it scare you though? Being alone?
我不会
I don’t think so.
我喜欢神秘
I think I embrace the mystery.
你可曾后悔
Do you ever regret it?
-什么 -我是指离婚
-What? -The divorce, I mean.
没有
No.
你可曾后悔没有一个家
Do you ever regret not having a family?
不是所有人都该有个家的
Not everyone’s supposed to have one.
你怎能如此任性的过活 其他人呢
How can you live for just what you want? What about others?
-我爱所有的人 -有没有特殊的
-I love other people. -But no one in particular.
-对我都一样 -有不一样的
-But I love them just the same. -It’s not the same.
当然 有不一样的 可是
I know it’s not the same…
你说的爱是那种 不正常不体面不规矩的
but what you’re saying is it’s not as good, it’s not normal.
不 不
That’s not what I said.
也许你不知道 我反对这种美国家庭伦理
I have a problem with this American family ethic…
它似乎催眠了全国
that seems to have hypnotized the country.
你可能认为我这样的人
You probably think of someone like me as a displaced soul…
注定到处流浪 是可怜的
destined to wander the
我没有电视机或是焗炉
planet with no TV or self-cleaning oven.
别人决定有个家
Because someone decides to
不等于受了催眠
have a family doesn’t mean they’re hypnotized.
没见过非洲羚羊
Never having seen a gazelle
不等于浑噩一生吧
stampede doesn’t mean I’m asleep in my life.
你想离开丈夫吗
Want to leave your husband?
不 当然不
No. Of course not.
抱歉 我为此话道歉
I’m sorry about that. I apologize for that.
你怎会问这个问题
What made you ask that?
我们不是在聊天吗
I thought that’s what we were doing. Asking questions.
我们是在交谈 但你的话
We were having a conversation. But you ask me questions…
太深奥 使我看上去象个蠢人
reading these meanings
没有悟性 或是
into them I must be too simple to interpret.
对不起
I’m sorry.
我道歉
I apologize.
哦 黎明时要到罗斯曼桥
Roseman Bridge at dawn.
我还是走吧
I better be going.
对不起
I’m sorry.
不 该我道歉 你得原谅我
I apologize. You must forgive me.
那问题问得很笨 冒昧了
That was a very indiscreet question. It was dumb.
我弄僵了气氛
I feel something’s been spoiled.
不 今晚是个完美夜晚
It was a perfect evening, just the way it was.
完美的夜晚
Perfect evening…
怡人的散步
A nice walk.
多谢你作伴
Thank you for the…
还有你的白兰地
company and the brandy.
你是个好女人 弗朗西丝卡
You’re a good woman, Francesca.
把酒放进橱柜
Keep the brandy forward in the cupboard.
烦恼会过去的
It might work out after a while.
知道吗 弗朗西丝卡
And don’t kid yourself, Francesca.
你不是一般的女人
You’re anything but a simple woman.
约翰逊家
Johnson’s.
理查德 嗨
Richard, hi.
大家都好吧
Everyone settled in okay?
我说 好
I said, “Good.”
约翰逊家
Johnsons.