处理妥当
excuse that word, in order.”
想不到她还说笑话
I can’t believe she’s making jokes.
在看过保险箱后
“After going through the safe deposit box…
我相信你会找到这封信
I’m sure you’ll find your way to this letter.
写信给自己的孩子并不容易
It’s hard to write this to my own children.
我本可以让这事和我一起逝去
I could let this die with the rest of me, I suppose.
但年纪越大
But as one gets older…
顾虑越少
one’s fears subside.
而越来越重要的
What becomes more and more important…
是将事情说出
is to be known.
人活在世上只是过客
Known for all that you were during this brief stay.
如果离开人世也没让
How sad it seems to leave this earth…
你最疼爱的人 知道你是谁
without those you love
是很可悲的
the most ever really knowing who you were.
不管如何 母亲爱子女是容易的
It’s easy for a mother to love her children, no matter what.
但我不知子女爱母亲是否容易
I don’t know if it’s as simple for children.
你们因父母管教不当而烦我们
You’re all so busy being angry at us for raising you wrong.
他的名字叫罗伯特·金凯
His name was Robert Kincaid.
是个摄影师 他65年到来这儿
He was a photographer and he was here in 1965…
替国家地理杂♥志♥拍摄桥的照片
shooting a National Geographic article on the covered bridges of Madison County.
我们收到那期杂♥志♥感觉仿是名人
Remember when we got that issue,
可记得我们何时开始订阅那杂♥志♥
when we got the subscription how we felt like celebrities?”
那是罗斯曼桥
That’s Roseman Bridge.
那一定是罗伯特·金凯了
That must be Robert Kincaid.
那是妈的饰物
And that’s Mom’s medallion.
我不想你们忌恨他
“I don’t want you to be angry with him.
在你们知道整件事后
I hope after you know the story,
希望你们对他有好感 甚至感激他
you think well of him, even grateful.”
-感激 -此事全记在笔记簿内
-Grateful? -“It’s all there in the 3 notebooks.”
事情始于伊利诺州市集那个星期
“It was the week of the Illinois State Fair.
你们和爸爸前去展出
The two of you were going with Dad to exhibit…
卡洛琳的得奖公牛
Carolyn’s prize steer.
你们周日起程 我知道这样说不好
It was the Sunday night you left. I know it sounds awful…”
但我巴不得你们离去
But I couldn’t wait for you to leave.
你们要到星期五才回来
You were going to be gone until Friday.
要去四天
4 days.
只是四天
Just 4 days.
理查德 吃饭了
Richard! Dinner!
-我要你怎样关门的 -对不起
-What I tell you about the door? -Sorry.
你要感恩祈祷吗
Would you like to say grace?
祈祷
Grace.
噢 还有酱汁的
More sauces.
给我一片面包
A piece of bread.
谢谢
Thanks.
该死的抽屉
Damn drawer.
我来
Here.
你不能对它发火
You can’t get mad at it.
对不起 我没发火
Sorry. Didn’t mean to yell.
我不想你吃味浓的东西
I want you to stay away from anything too spicy.
你答应我
And you promise me.
我发誓 只抽滤嘴烟 每天抽半包
I swear. Only filters. No more than half pack a day.
-我有我的任务 -是瑞医生说的
-I’ve got my orders. -Doc Reynolds said so.
我知道 玩笑而已
I know, I’m only kidding.
-你真的不想去吗 -真的
-Are you sure you don’t want to go? -I’m positive.
你有那么多余暇干什么
What are you going to do as a woman of leisure?
像工人般干活只是没那么勤快
Same thing I do as a hired hand, except with less help.
我无法睡着的
I won’t be able to sleep.
没你在我身旁我睡不着
I can’t sleep without you next to me anymore.
四天而已
It’s only 4 days.
你到哪里去了
Oh, God, where have you been?
你想念他们 他们走了
You missed them. They already left.
你为何这么喜欢我 我不喜欢你
Why do you love me so much? I don’t like you.
下去
Get down.
你喜欢那首歌♥
You like that song?
只有你和我
It’s just you and me.
就你和我
Just you and me.
我好像迷了路
I get the distinct feeling that I’m lost.
你要到依阿华州的吗
You supposed to be in Iowa?
那你没迷路
Then you’re not that lost.
我找一座桥
I’m looking for a bridge.
找这附近一座有廊子的桥
One of those covered bridges in this neighborhood.
罗斯曼桥
Roseman Bridge?
对了
That’s it.
你快找到了 它离这儿大概两里
You’re pretty close. It’s only about 2 miles from here.
怎么走
Which way?
你往那儿走 在卡特斯处左转
You go that way and come to Cutter’s and turn left.
卡特斯
To Cutters?
一个农场 靠近大路的小房♥子
Cutter’s a farm. Small house, close to the road.
有一条凶猛的大黄狗
Big, mean yellow dog.
大黄狗 嗯
Mean yellow dog. Okay.
沿着那条路直走 到了岔路
Then you go along that road until you come to a fork.
桥就在不到半里处
It’s only… Less than half a mile.
岔路之后往哪儿走
And then where, after the fork?
靠右
The right.
然后
And then you…
不 不是那个岔路 对不起
No, no. Not that fork. Excuse me.
你驶过彼得逊
You pass Peterson’s.
彼得逊
Peterson’s.
也是个农场
Peterson’s is a farm.
驶过旧校舍便左转
Past the old schoolhouse, you turn left.
若有路牌会较容易
It’d be easier to tell you…
对你来说
if the roads were marked.
是啊
It certainly would.
我可带你去
I can take you if you want.
或是对你说
Or I can tell you.
我可带你去或只告诉你
I can take you or tell you.
怎么着都行 我无所谓
It’s up to you. I don’t care.
我不想耽误你手里的活
I wouldn’t want to take you away.
不 我正想弄杯冰茶
No, I was just going to have some iced tea, and then…
也没什么要紧的事儿
split the atom, but that can wait.
好吧
Okay.
我去穿上鞋
I’ll just get my shoes.
没人坐就放杂物了
I wasn’t exactly expecting company.
怎么走
Where are we headed?
出去 向右走
Out. Then right.
出去
Out…
向右
then right.
依阿华气味很好
Wonderful smell to Iowa.
这气味很独特
Kind of particular to this part of the country.
你闻到吗
You know what I mean?
没
No.
很难说清
It’s kind of hard to explain.
它发自土地
I guess it’s in the loam of the soil.
有那种 浓郁的 泥土的
That kind of rich, earthy…
生机 也许不是生机
alive… Well, maybe not alive.
你闻不到吗
You don’t smell it?
也许因我住在这儿
Maybe it’s because I live here.
我想是的
Yeah, I guess so.
但气味很香
Smells great though.
你是华盛顿州人
Are you from Washington?
是的 我住在那儿直至二十多岁
I lived there till I was in my mid-20s.
结婚后移居芝加哥
I moved to Chicago when I got married.
你何时回去的
When did you move back?
离婚后
After the divorce.
你结婚多久了
How long have you been married?
很长时间
Long time.
很长时间
Long time, huh?
你从哪儿来 介意我问吗
Where are you from? Do you mind me asking?
不 不介意 我来自
I don’t mind your asking. I’m from…
-我在意大利出生 -意大利
-I’m born in Italy. -Italy?