为什么我要和你母亲通话 她又不知
Why should I wanna talk to your mother? She didn’t…
喂 你是哪位?
Hello. Who’s this?
警♥察♥?这里不是警♥察♥局
The police? Well, this isn’t a police station.
如果你知道的话 为什么
Well, if you know it, then why did you…
听清楚 这儿不是警♥察♥局!
Look, this is not a police station.
你说的是什么呀?
What was that you said?
我的父亲应该听一听
My father should hear this.
我不想和你父亲或她母亲说话
No, I don’t want to talk to your father or to his mother.
喂 哪位?- 我是警♥察♥
Hello. Who is this? – This is the police talking.
是的 但是她告诉过你 – 我是警♥察♥
Yeah, but she just told you that – I’m the police.
你是警♥察♥?他是警♥察♥
Oh, you’re the police. Oh, he’s the police.
那就不一样了
That’s different.
我能为你做点什么?
What can I do for you?
我能做什么?在哪儿?
I can do what? Where?
哦 不!我不喜欢那样 我女儿也不喜欢
Oh, no, I wouldn’t like that and neither would my daughter.
我希望警官不要记录这个电♥话♥
I hope the sergeant never traces that call.
你喜欢玩游戏 是吗?
You like to play games, don’t you?
你为什么不让我打电♥话♥?
Why did you stop me phoning?
因为我正在给你父亲工作
‘Cause I’m working for your father.
或者是我想
Or, because I think
我开始喜欢另一个斯特伍德
I’m beginning to like another one of the Sternwoods.
我更喜欢第二个原因
I prefer the second reason.
好了 我们回到正题
Well, let’s get back to business.
你搞到5000块现金了吗?- 还没有
Have you got $5,000 in cash? – No.
你能搞到吗?- 我想应该能
Can you get it? – I think so.
从哪里搞 你父亲?- 我宁愿不要
Where from? Your father? – I’d rather not.
那你从哪儿弄?
Where would you get it?
从埃迪马斯那儿 – 赌徒?
Well, from Eddie Mars. – The gambler?
这也解释了 你为什么没有5000块现金
Well, that explains why you haven’t got $5,000 in cash.
我喜欢赌博 – 我也是
I like gambling. – So do I.
你怎么知道他会给你呢?
How do you know he’ll give it to you?
我能有钱还他
Oh, I can get the money.
我是他的常客
I’ve been a good customer of Eddie Mars.
还有另一个原因
Another reason,
马斯先生和斯特伍德家有合同
there’s a bond between Mr. Mars and the Sternwoods.
肖恩就是带着埃迪的妻子逃走的
You see, Shawn Regan ran off with Eddie’s wife.
你不感兴趣吗?
That doesn’t interest you?
可能会使我更容易找到他
Might make it easier for me to find him.
如果我正找他的话
That is if I were looking for him.
里根掺和这件事了吗?- 没有
Is Regan mixed up in this? – No.
肖恩不会这么小手笔的
No, Shawn’s not in any cheap blackmailing scheme.
很高兴你这么说
I’m glad you said that.
现在你想告诉我了吗?
Do you want to tell me now?
告诉你什么?- 你想知道什么?
Tell you what? – What it is you’re trying to find out.
很可笑的事情
You know, it’s a funny thing.
你很想知道我被雇佣的原因
You’re trying to find out what your father hired me to find out.
而我很想知道 为什么你想知道
And I’m trying to find out why you want to find out.
你会一直这么绕下去 是吗?
You could go on forever, couldn’t you?
不管怎样
Anyway,
希望下次 我们会有什么可说的
it’ll give us something to talk about next time we meet.
此外 卢莱德夫人
Among other things. Oh, Mrs. Rutledge,
你想让我为刚才这事做点什么 是吗?
you wanted me to do something about this, didn’t you?
是的
Mmm-hmm.
那个电♥话♥ 你怎么应付的?
That woman who called. How’d you leave it?
她下午6点钟打给我 给我指令
She’s to call me back at 6:00 this evening with instructions.
你有她的消息后 给我打电♥话♥
All right, you phone me as soon as you’ve heard from her.
好的 – 还有 夫人
All right. – Oh, and Mrs. Rutledge,
要是你打算付5000块
as long as you’re gonna pay five grand for the rest of these,
你最好先拿着这个
you better take this one with you.
再见 马洛先生
Goodbye, Mr. Marlowe.
噢 不是故意的
Well, it wasn’t intentional.
最好是的
Try it sometime.
我又回来了 记得我吗?- 恐怕我
Well, I’m back again. Remember me? – I’m afraid I…
现在记得我了吗?
Do you remember me now? Hmm?
你还来这儿!- 冷静点 小姐
Now, see here! What’s the big idea? – Take it easy, sister.
这只是卖♥♥那些第一版书的货摊
That was only a stall about those first editions.
你干什么 – 我有东西要卖♥♥
What are you – I got something to sell.
一些盖革想要的东西
Something Geiger’s wanted for a long time.
他在里面吗?
Is Geiger in ?
不 他不在
No. No, he isn’t.
也许你可以明天来
You might come back tomorrow
别扯了 小姐 我是在谈生意
Drop the veil, sister. I’m in the business myself.
他病了吗?我可以去他家里
I haven’t got all day. Is he sick? I could go to his house.
不 不行
No, that wouldn’t do.
也许你明天来的话
Perhaps if you’d come back tomorrow…
艾格尼丝 你
Say, Agnes, you…
快点 卡尔
Come on, Carol.
快点 听到没?
Hurry up, will you?
也许 – 他是伦恩 是吗?
Perhaps you could – His name’s Lundgren, isn’t it?
你想干什么?- 另一个家伙是谁?
Just what do you want? – Who’s the other guy?
你最好明天来
You’d better come around tomorrow.
上午?早上?- 是的 早上
In the morning? Early? – Yes, early.
因为你们好像今天就会搬走
Because it looks like you’re moving today.
好了 司机 我们走!- 好的
All right, driver. Let’s go. – Okay.
绕过拐角 别紧张
Around the corner, then take it easy.
我们要去哪儿?- 任务是跟踪一辆车
Where are we going? – Follow a car. A tail job.
我听你的
I’m your girl, bud.
不会有坏处的
It wouldn’t be bad.
那个从巷子里出来的旅行车
That station wagon coming out of the alley.
就是那辆
That’s the one.
给你钱甜心 买♥♥根雪茄抽
Here you are, sugar. Buy yourself a cigar.
如果你要再找我的话 打这个电♥话♥
If you can use me again sometime, call this number.
白天还是晚上?
Day and night?
晚上最好 我白天工作
Uh, night’s better. I work during the day.
你干什么 – 记得我吗?我是大个拉斯·雷利
What’re you – Remember me? I’m Doghouse Reilly,
长得不是很高的那个男人
the man that didn’t grow very tall.
出什么事了 你不能进屋吗?
What’s the matter? Couldn’t you get in the house?
来吧 我有钥匙
Come on. I’ve got a key.
你把车停哪儿了?- 在后面
Where’d you leave your car? -‘Round in back.
找什么呢?- 我只是
You looking for something? – I just
昨晚的事你记得多少?
How much do you remember about last night?
记得什么?
Remember what?
我昨晚病了 在家呆着
I was sick last night. I was home.
你回家之前 就在那把椅子上
I mean before you went home. In that chair there.
我 – 你记得的 很好
I – You remember, all right.
别装傻了 停止吮你的拇指!
Quit your stalling and stop biting your thumb.
你也在这儿?
Were you the one who was here last night?
你记得多少?
How much do you remember?
你是警♥察♥吗?
Well, are you the police?
不是 我是你父亲的朋友
No, I’m a friend of your father’s.
谁杀了盖革?
Who killed Geiger?
还有谁知道这件事?
Who else knows about it?
什么事 他死了的事?我不知道
What, that he’s dead? I don’t know.
没有警♥察♥的 否则他们会有人蹲点的
Certainly not the cops or they’d be camping here.
是乔 布罗迪吗?
Was it Joe Brody?
乔 布罗迪 是谁呀?
Joe Brody? Who’s he?
听着 小姐
Now, look, sister.
我不知道 你以前惹过什么麻烦
I don’t know how much trouble you’re used to,
但是我希望 你能用行动来弥补
but I hope you’ve had plenty of practice dodging it.
布罗迪杀了他吗?- 杀了谁?
Did Brody kill him? – Kill who?
是的 是乔干的
Yes. Yes, Joe did it.
他做的?
He did?
为什么?
Why?
我不知道
I don’t know.
但是你准备告诉警♥察♥ 是他做的吗?
But you’re ready to tell the police he did it, huh?
当然 前提是得从他那里拿回照片
That is, if we can get the photograph he’s got.
你是说?- 是的 照片不见了
You mean – Oh, yes, it’s gone.
不见了 我找过了 布罗迪拿走了
I looked for it last night. Brody took it with him.
我现在得回家了
I’ve got to go home now.
好的
All right,