她肤色浅黑 绿眼睛 有点斜视
Well, have you got a brunette with green eyes, kinda slanted,
或是一个人或是和一个小伙子
either alone or with a little guy,
体重大约115磅
weighs about 115 pounds,
穿着灰色的外套?
wears a gray hat and gray suit?
抱歉 没有
Sorry, nothing like that.
可能是有人给错了地址
Somebody just gave out the wrong address.
谢谢
Thanks.
你做的很对 琼斯
Well, you did all right, Jonesy.
但是你让我搁浅了
But you left me high and dry.
喂 – 你是谁?
Yeah? – Who is this?
你好 艾格尼丝 我是马洛
Oh, hello, Agnes. This is Marlowe.
什么?- 马洛 就是你想见的人
What? – Marlowe, the man you want to see.
哈利在那儿吗?
Oh. Is Harry there?
是的 他在
Yeah. Yeah, he’s here.
能让他说话吗
Put him on, will you?
他恐怕不能和你通话了 – 为什么?
He can’t talk to you. – Why?
因为他已经死了
‘Cause he’s dead.
为了不让你有麻烦 他牺牲了自己
Your little man died to keep you out of trouble.
我给你拿钱来了 你要吗?
And I got your money for you. Do you want It?
是的 我要 – 你有车吗?
Yeah. Yeah, I want it. – Have you got a car?
有的 – 我们在哪儿碰面?
Yeah. – Where can I meet you?
在橡树林
Rampart and Oakwood.
我半个小时后到
I’ll be there in half an hour.
哈利出了什么事?
What happened to Harry?
这个已经不重要了
There’s no use going into that.
反正你也不是真的关心他
You don’t really care, anyway.
忘了这事吧
Just put it down,
他应该有好报的
“Your little man deserved something better.”
给你 这是200块
Here you are. Here’s your $200.
我和乔在几周前
Well, Joe and I were out riding on Foothill Boulevard
在山麓大道上骑马
a couple of weeks ago.
我们经过一辆棕色轿车时
We passed a brown coupe,
我看见了开车的女人
and I saw the girl who was driving.
就是埃迪马斯的妻子
She was Eddie Mars’ wife.
有一个家伙跟着她 是卡诺
There was a fellow with her, Canino.
我认识他
Yeah, I know him.
有些人你永远不会忘记
Yeah, there’re some people you don’t forget
哪怕只见过一次面
even if you’ve only seen them once.
我们很好奇 乔就跟上了他们
So we got curious and Joe tailed them.
你知道利塔在哪儿吗?
Do you know where Realito is?
往东大约10英里 有个岔路
Well, about 10 miles east, there’s a side road.
离开大路有个2车位的修车和涂装店
Just off the highway, there’s a two-bit garage and paint shop
老板叫亚特哈克
run by a guy named Art Huck.
她停下了车,后面有个小木屋
Her car dropped likely, and a frame house right behind it.
那就是埃迪马斯的妻子藏身的地方
That’s where Eddie Mars’ wife is holed up.
你确定吗?- 我为什么要说谎?
You’re sure of that? – Why should I lie?
亚特哈克的店 利塔往东10英里 对吗?
Art Huck’s 10 miles east of Realito? Is that right?
是的
Yeah.
再见 侦探先生 祝我好运吧 又是次亏本生意
Well, so long, copper. Wish me luck. I got a raw deal.
你这样的人肯定没好运
Your kind always does.
你干什么?
What do you want?
开门 我的车胎扁了
Open up. I got a flat back here on the highway.
抱歉 先生 我们晚上关门的
Sorry, mister. We’re closed for the night.
最好到利塔去试试吧
Better try Realito.
好吧 进来吧
All right. Come on in.
你这样会吓跑顾客的
You could scare off a lot of trade with that.
你会是自己弄伤的 踢到门了
You can get yourself hurt, kicking on doors.
省省吧 亚特 他说的对
Cut it out, Art. The guy is right.
你不是开修车店的吗?
You are running a garage, don’t you?
就帮他个忙吧
Go ahead. Give him a hand.
谢谢 先生
Thanks, mister.
我想你能修理爆胎吧?
I suppose you can fix flats.
至少不比你修得差
Good as you can make ’em, bud.
不过现在 我手头正忙着个喷漆的活呢
But right now, I’m busy working on a spray job.
喷漆太潮湿了 亚特
It’s too damp for a good spray job, Art.
你有时间去修他的车胎吧
You got time to fix his tires.
但是我不能 – 快去吧
Yeah. But I don’t – Get moving.
是的
Sure.
这是后备箱的钥匙
Here. Here’s the key to the back. Put the spare on.
换上备胎 很简单的
That’ll make it easier.
我在拐弯处踩了刹车
Yeah, I took a skid up at the corner.
前轮胎没气了 幸好能找到帮助
A front tire went. Lucky to find some help.
你住在附近么?
Yeah. You live around here?
只是开车从里诺到卡森城
No. Just drove in from Reno and Carson City.
路程不近啊?
Came the long way around, huh?
为了做生意?- 算是吧
Business trip? – Partly.
在给你的车喷漆?
Havin’ your car painted?
是的
Just a sprayjob.
亚特太慢了 应该干完了
Art’s pretty slow. He should’ve been finished by now.
好的 亚特
All right, Art.
把他带进屋
Take him in the house.
你一定是埃迪马斯夫人
You’d be Mrs. Eddie Mars,
人们以为里根带着你跑了
the blonde Regan was supposed to have run off with.
没错
That’s right.
肖恩·里根在哪儿?
Where is Shawn Regan?
我也正想知道呢
I’d like to know that myself.
你好 我的天使
Oh, hello, angel.
我知道能在这儿看到你
I thought I’d find you here.
但看起来你今天没跑在前头
Yeah. But you don’t seem to be running in front today.
把灯拿开好吗?要不把我挪开
Remove that light, will you, or move me?
我想我们在修车店后面的房♥子里
I suppose we’re in the house back of the garage.
是的
That’s right.
那些家伙没有抓住机会 是吗?
The boys don’t take any chances, do they?
他们人呢?出去掘墓坑了?
Where are they, out digging a grave?
你非得盯住这件事不放吗?
You had to go on with this, didn’t you?
他们人呢?
Where are they?
去打电♥话♥了
They’ve gone down the road to telephone.
给埃迪马斯打电♥话♥ 吗?商量怎么对付我
To call up Eddie Mars, huh? To find out what to do with me.
我可不能告诉他们
Well, I could’ve told ’em that.
你为什么非要查下去呢?
Why did you have to go on?
有那么多人要我停下来
Too many people telling me to stop.
给我点根烟吧 天使?
Light me a cigarette, will you, angel?
你干嘛要自找麻烦?
Why did you have to make trouble?
埃迪从没做过坏事
Eddie never did you any harm.
此外 我从来没爱上肖恩
Besides, I was never in love with Shawn.
我们只是好朋友
We were just good friends.
肖恩消失后 如果我不藏起来
If I hadn’t hidden out here when Shawn disappeared,
警♥察♥会怀疑埃迪杀了他
the police would have been certain he killed him.
也许他确实杀了他
Well, maybe he did kill him.
埃迪不是那种人
Eddie’s not that kind.
你是说 埃迪马斯从没杀过人?
You mean Eddie Mars never kills anybody?
从来没有
No.
你真的相信吗?- 是的 我信
You really believe that, don’t you? – Yes, I do.
你觉得我怎么发现你在这儿的?
How do you suppose I found out you were here?
我不知道 你怎么发现的?
I don’t know. How did you?
一个叫哈利的小伙子告诉我的
Well, a little man named Harry Jones told me.
小伙子很有趣 很善良 我喜欢他
A funny little guy, harmless. I liked him.
他卖♥♥给我消息
He came to sell me the information
因为他发现 我在为斯特伍德将军工作
because he found out I was working for General Sternwood.
他如何得知的那就说来话长了
How he found out’s a long story.
无论如何 卡诺 你丈夫雇的人
Anyway, Canino, your husband’s hired man,
先找上了他 而我像个傻瓜一样站在附近
got to him first while I stood around like a sap.
我是在另一个房♥间
I was in the next room.
现在他死了
Now that little man is dead.
但是埃迪马斯没有亲自动手 – 你在撒谎
But Eddie Mars didn’t do that. – You’re lying.
埃迪马斯自己没杀过人 他只是雇人去干
No. Eddie Mars never kills anybody. He just hires it done.
我不相信你的话
I don’t believe you.
你以为他只是一个赌徒 是吗?
You think he’s just a gambler, don’t you?
我想他是一个勒索犯
Well, I think he’s a blackmailer
你最好闭嘴 – 一个畅销车经纪人
You’d better stop talking! – a hot car broker,

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!