这就是我们说话的方式 请停止调查
This is just our way of saying lay off!
你这小子一直在跟踪我?
You the guy that’s been tailing me?
是的 我叫琼斯 哈利琼斯
Yeah. My name’s Jones. Harry Jones.
我想跟你谈谈
I want to see you.
肿了
That’s swell.
你想看那些家伙揍我吗?
Did you want to see those guys jump me?
我可帮不上忙
I didn’t care one way or the other.
你就不能喊声救命
You could’ve yelled for help.
一个家伙在外面看着
A guy’s playin’ a hand, I let him play it.
我可不想惹事
I’m no kibitzer.
你很聪明
You got brains.
能帮我拿回帽子吗?
Get my hat, will you?
扶我到办公室
Help me up to my office.
他们给你的报酬
That working over they gave you
是我见过的最好的
was about the best I’ve ever seen,
我一直在观察着你 – 是的
and I’ve been around, too. – Yeah.
你过去常常喝点酒
Used to run a little liquor.
开着警车 腿上别着一把托米枪
Rode the scout car with a tommy gun in my lap.
惩凶治恶 – 太可怕了
A tough racket. – Terrible.
请坐 你让我紧张了
Sit down. You make me nervous.
也许你不相信我
Maybe you don’t believe me.
你想要什么?
What do you want?
终于进入正题了
That’s better.
我要替一对受害的夫妇卖♥♥点东西 很便宜的
I’ve got something to sell, cheap, for a couple of C’s.
别停下来
Don’t let me stop you.
你不想知道我是谁吗?
Don’t you even want to know who I am?
我已经知道了
I already know.
你不是警♥察♥
You’re not a cop.
不是埃迪马斯一伙的 因为我问过他
You don’t belong to Eddie Mars, because I asked him.
所以你一定是布罗迪的一个朋友
So you must be one of Brody’s friends.
艾格尼丝又自♥由♥了 是不是?
So Agnes is loose again, huh?
你怎么知道的?
How’d you know that?
她是个好女孩 我们正在谈论着准备结婚呢
She’s a nice girl. We’re talking about getting married.
她比你大很多
She’s too big for you.
那是世俗的偏见
That’s a dirty crack, brother.
我想你是对的
Yeah, I suppose you’re right.
也许我整天东奔西跑 搞错了目标
Maybe I’ve been running around with the wrong people.
你想要什么?
Let’s cut the babble. What do you want?
你要找点东西 愿意付点酬劳吗
You’re looking for something. Will you pay for it?
找什么?- 帮你找到里根
If it does what? – Helps you find Regan.
越来越有趣了
This is getting funny.
就因为你们知道我在找里根
I’m supposed to pay you two C’s
我就该付给你们报酬?
for telling me I’m looking for Regan.
一直有人这么和我说
People have been telling me that for days.
我连根烟都没给出去过
I don’t even pass out cigars anymore.
你想不想知道我们得到什么?
Do you want to know what I’ve got, or don’t you?
我不知道
I don’t know.
圈内的规矩是200块买♥♥一些信息
$200 buys a lot of information in my circle.
你想花点钱 知道埃迪马斯的妻子在哪儿吗?
Would you pay it to know where Eddie Mars’ wife is?
你愿意为此付200块吗 侦探先生?
Would you pay 200 bucks for that, shamus?
我想可以 她在哪儿?
I think I might. Where?
艾格尼丝找到她的
Agnes found her.
钱到了她手里 她就会告诉你的
She’ll tell you. When she has the dough in her hand.
你什么也不能对警♥察♥说
You might tell the cops for nothing.
我没有那么脆弱
I ain’t so brittle.
艾格尼丝一定有些我没有注意到的东西
Agnes must have something I didn’t notice.
我不想强迫你
I ain’t tried to pull anything.
我是很坦诚的到这儿来的 要么接受要么放弃
I came here with a straight proposition. Take it or leave it.
男人得当机立断
One right guy to another.
你可以叫警♥察♥来抓我
You start wavin’ cops at me.
但你自己也会过意不去的
You ought to be ashamed of yourself.
是的
I am.
好 就付200块
OK, 200 and it is.
你的钱够吗?
Have you got the money?
艾格尼丝在哪儿?
Where’s Agnes?
你知道瓦尔格林的办公室吧 弗尔德大楼?
You know Puss Walgreen’s office, Fulwider Building,
后面428号♥?
428, in the back?
不知道 但是我能找到的
No, but I can find it.
你准备好在一小时内 跟我在那儿碰面吗?
Will you be in shape to meet me there in an hour?
我想可以
Yeah, I guess so.
你带现金来 我带你去见艾格尼丝
You bring the dough, and I’ll take you to Agnes.
好吧 – 好的
Okay – Okay
你是谁?你想干什么?
Who are you? What do you want?
你跟我来干嘛?
What did you follow me in here for?
我想跟你谈谈
I wanted to see you.
你是谁?
Who are you?
我为埃迪马斯工作 我是卡诺
MAN: I work for Eddie Mars. My name is Canino.
卡诺?我是听说过你
Canino? Yeah, I’ve heard about you. Sure.
我想你会记得的
I thought you would remember.
你想干什么?
What do you want?
你为什么跟着侦探马洛?
I want to know why you been following that Detective Marlowe.
谁说我跟踪他了?- 我说的
Who says I’ve been? – I do.
弄错了 你弄错了
That was a mistake, your mistake.
埃迪马斯可不喜欢这样 – 我不觉得
Eddie Mars don’t like it. – I don’t see what business
坐下别再推脱 你为什么跟踪马洛?
Sit down and quit stalling. Why are you tailing Marlowe?
好吧 说了没什么坏处
All right, there’s no harm telling.
是为了乔 布罗迪的女人
It was for Joe Brody’s girl.
她已经到了城外 花了不少钱
She’s got to get out of town. That takes dough.
她想能从马洛身上拿回来
She figured she could get it through Marlowe.
他为什么要付钱呢?
Why would he pay?
你知道布罗迪被谋杀的那晚吗?
You know about the night the kid bumped Brody.
斯特伍德家的小女儿在那儿
Well, the young Sternwood girl was there.
而马洛没有告诉警♥察♥
Only, Marlowe didn’t tell the cops that.
艾格尼丝想以此威胁马洛
So Agnes figured it was railroad fare as soon as she could get hold of him.
你拿到钱了?- 当然
You get it? – Sure, I get it.
艾格尼丝在哪儿?- 你问这个干什么?
Where’s this Agnes?. – What do you care?
你想把她怎么样?
What do you want with her? What’s she got
怎么了 琼斯?
What’s the matter, Jones?
你以前没见过枪吗?
Ain’t you ever seen a gun before?
她在哪儿?
Where’s the girl?
听着 – 你想让我
Listen – You want me to count
像电影里那样数到3吗?
three or somethin’, like a movie?
艾格尼丝在哪儿?- 好吧
Where’s Agnes? – All right.
你赢了
You win.
她在第28街的一个公♥寓♥里
She’s in an apartment at 28 Court Street.
301号♥公♥寓♥
Apartment 301.
我是不是很胆小?
I guess I’m yellow, all right.
你的感觉很对
You just got good sense.
如果一切如你所说 我是不会伤害她的
I ain’t gonna hurt her. Not if everything’s like you say.
你很紧张 是吗?
You’re nervous, ain’t you?
也许你需要喝一杯 – 我不这么想
Maybe you need a drink. – Never mind. Thanks
我觉得你要来一杯 – 我不这么想
I think you need one. – I don’t think so
你有杯子吗?
You got a glass?
有
Yeah.
在饮水机那边
There at the water cooler.
给你 小子 喝了它
There you are, pal. Drink her down.
喝吧
Well, drink it.
你以为是什么 毒药吗?
What do you think it is, poison?
我打赌你的艾格尼丝不会拒绝的
I’ll bet that Agnes of yours wouldn’t turn it down.
不 我相信她不会的
No, I’ll bet she wouldn’t.
有什么可笑的?
What’s funny?
没什么可笑的
Nothing’s funny.
再见 琼斯
So long, Jonesy.
查号♥台 – 你好
Information. – Hello, Information.
给我28街301号♥公♥寓♥的
Give me the telephone number of apartment 301,
电♥话♥号♥码
28 Court Street.
谢谢 请等一等
Thank you. One moment, please.
这里是科特公♥寓♥
Courtview Apartments.
你们那儿有个叫艾格尼丝的女孩吗?
You got a girl living there named Agnes Lozier?
没有这个名字
Nobody by that name here.