你又在发抖了
You’re shaking again.
送我回家
Take me home.
我会的
Sure, I will.
但首先 把包打开
But first open that bag.
如果有2.8万在里面 我就收回我说的话
If there’s 28 grand in it, I’ll eat every word I’ve said.
打开它 证明我说错了
Come on, open it and make a sap out of me,
要么就别在我面前演戏了
or else stop playing me for one.
送我回家
Take me home.
好吧 但恐怕这是我最后一次载你了
All right, I’m afraid that’s as far as I’m gonna carry you.
从现在起 你能自己照顾自己了
From now on, you can take care of yourself.
你在为哪个女孩魂牵梦绕?
Well, what does the hat-check girl get for a tip?
我正在想事情
I’m trying to think of something appropriate.
你怎么进来的?
How’d you get in here?
我敢打赌你猜不到
Bet you can’t guess.
我赌我猜得到
I’ll bet I can.
你从钥匙孔进来的,像彼得潘一样
You came in through the keyhole, like Peter Pan.
那是谁?
Who’s he?
我以前在台球室认识的一个家伙
A guy I used to know around a pool room.
你真可爱
You’re cute.
我每时每刻都在变得更可爱 你怎么进来的?
I’m getting cuter every minute. How did you get in?
我给经理看了你的名片 我从维维安那儿偷来的
I showed the manager your card. I stole it from Vivian.
我告诉他 你要在这儿见我
I told him you said to come up here and wait for you.
我想
I want…
看 我记住了
See, I remembered.
对于肖恩·里根你记得什么?
What do you remember about Shawn Regan?
我不喜欢他
I didn’t like him.
为什么?
Yeah? Why?
他从没有像你那样注意过我
He didn’t pay any more attention to me than you do.
总以为我还是个孩子
Treated me like a baby all the time.
埃迪马斯对你怎么样?
How does Eddie Mars treat you?
我不认识他 – 你确定?
I don’t know him. – You sure?
你知道他是谁 是吗?
You know who he is, don’t you?
他总是给维维安打电♥话♥ 为什么?
He’s always calling Vivian up. Why?
他可爱吗?
Is he cute?
我觉得你说的是真话
You know, I think you’re telling the truth, for a change.
他像你一样可爱吗?
Is he as cute as you are?
没人能做到
Nobody is.
行了 我今天已经够累了 你该走了
Alright kid, I have a long day. You’d better be going.
来吧 卡门 – 我不想走
Come on, Carmen. Come on. – I don’t want… I
你不能 – 闭嘴
You can’t… – Shut up.
喂 菲尔吗?
Hello, Phil.
喂 伯尼 怎么了?
Hello, Bernie. What’s up?
我想马上在这儿见你
I want to see you down here right away.
我刚睡醒 还没吃早餐
I just woke up. I haven’t had breakfast.
都下午2点了 – 2点了?
It’s 2:00. – 2:00?
如果你不在30分钟内到我办公室
Yeah. If you’re not in my office in 30 minutes,
你就只好在食堂吃了
you’ll be eating on the county.
我宁愿自己买♥♥ 我知道食堂做的是什么
I’d rather buy my own. I know that food the county puts out.
好吧 我会去的 – 好的
All right, I’ll be there. – Okay.
你知道最好别在下午2点
Don’t you know any better than to wake a man up
叫醒别人吗?
at 2:00 in the afternoon?
怎么了?- 向你传达一些命令
What’s up? – I got some orders for you.
你得停办斯特伍德的案子
You are to lay off the Sternwood case.
谁说的?- 检察厅
Huh? Who says so? – The DA.
检察厅 嗯?
The DA, huh?
他一定是改主意了
He must’ve changed his mind.
是谁更改的?- 斯特伍德将军
Who changed it for him? – General Sternwood.
亲自?
Personally?
好吧 就你我知道 他没有对检察厅说
All right. Between you and me, he didn’t talk to the General.
他对女儿说的 卢莱德夫人
He talked to the daughter, Mrs. Rutledge.
说了什么理由吗?- 据我所知没有
Any reason given? – Not that I know of.
没有哪条法律规定
Well, there’s no law says
没有委托人就不能查案
a man can’t work on a case without a client.
你知道的 应该抓住凶手
You know, just to keep his hand in.
我只是告诉你停下来
Now, look, Phil, I’m just supposed to tell you to lay off
我知道 这是你的工作
I know. You just work here.
伯尼 站在我的角度想一想
Bernie, put yourself in my shoes for a minute.
一个慈祥的老人有两个女儿
A nice old guy has two daughters.
一个非常优秀
One of them is, well, wonderful.
另一个不怎么突出
And the other one is not so wonderful.
结果 有人利用了这点
As a result, somebody gets something on her.
那个父亲雇我去查清
The father hires me to pay off.
但在我找到嫌犯之前 他们家的司机杀了他
Before I can get to the guy, the family chauffeur kills him.
但是这阻止不了什么 反而促进了事态的发展
But that didn’t stop things. It just starts them.
后来有两个谋杀犯
And two murders later,
我发现有人觊觎那个”优秀的女儿”
I find out somebody’s got something on Wonderful.
那人是谁?
Who’s somebody?
我认为是 埃迪马斯 – 为什么?
I think it’s Eddie Mars. – Why?
首先 盖革被杀死的那个屋子是他的
For one thing, he owns the house Geiger was killed in.
现在不是了
He did.
谋杀的第二天 他就把房♥契转让给了一个假名字
The day after the murder, he transfers the deed to a dummy.
你利用卢莱德夫人引他上钩 发现了什么?
What have you got that hooks Mars up with Mrs. Rutledge?
昨晚 他们两人
Well, last night the two of ’em…
我不想说整个事情来烦你
Well, I don’t want to bore you with the whole story,
但是他们演戏来向我证明
but they went to the moon to prove to me
他们之间没有什么关系
there was nothing between ’em, but I think there is,
我认为他们有关系 而且与肖恩里根有关
and I think it’s got something to do with Shawn Regan.
那个被怀疑和埃迪的妻子一起失踪的人?
Who’s missing and supposed to have run off with Eddie Mars’ wife.
将军对整件事怎么看?
What does the General think about all this?
我不知道 那个优秀的女人不想让我见他
I don’t know. Wonderful won’t let me get to him.
你还是想让我停下来吗?
You still want me to lay off?
检察厅是这么想的
Well, the DA does,
但是你大可按你的想法查下去吧
but you generally do all right following your own hunches.
谢谢 伯尼
Thanks, Bernie.
我去吃早点了
Well, I’m going out and getting some breakfast.
你要杯咖啡吗?
You want a cup of coffee?
我可不敢和你一块出现
Mm-mm. I can’t afford to be seen with you.
再见 伯尼
Well, so long, Bernie.
斯特伍德寓所
Sternwood residence.
喂 诺里斯吗?我是马洛
Hello, Norris. This is Marlowe.
是的 马洛先生 我
Yes, Mr. Marlowe. I…
我想去见见斯特伍德将军
Norris, I’d like to come out and see General Sternwood.
我想今晚是不可能了
I don’t think it would be possible, sir, tonight.
为什么?
Yeah? Why not?
我一直在试着给你打电♥话♥ 马洛先生
I’ve been trying to call you, Mr. Marlowe.
卢莱德夫人急着找你
Mrs. Rutledge is very anxious to talk to you.
如果你愿意等一会儿 我让她来听电♥话♥
If you’ll wait just a minute, I’ll put her on.
嗨 甜心 有火柴吗?
Say, sugar, you got a match?
当然
Sure thing.
喂 马洛吗?
Hello, Marlowe.

Hello?
谢谢
Thanks.

Hello?
喂 卢莱德夫人
Hello, Mrs. Rutledge.
你好 马洛 我想告诉你
Hello, Marlowe. I wanted to tell you,
你不必担心也不用追查下去了
you can stop worrying and call off your bloodhounds.
我们找到了肖恩
We’ve found Shawn.
什么?你们找到了肖恩?
What’s that? You’ve found Shawn?
是的 他在墨西哥 状况不太好
Yes, he’s been in Mexico. He hasn’t been very well.
怎么回事?
Yeah? What happened?
出了事故之类的 我们还不知道详情
An accident or some kind. We didn’t get all the details.
我马上动身去看他
I’m leaving at once to meet him.
明白了
Oh, I see.
我想将军一定很高兴
I suppose the General’s quite pleased.
我们还没告诉他 我们想最好再等一等
We haven’t told him yet. We thought it best to wait.
谢谢你告诉我
Well, thanks for telling me.
祝旅途愉快
Have a nice trip.
会的 再见
I will. Goodbye.
再见
Goodbye.
先生 你愿意
Say, mister, would you please

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!