除了这个
Except this.
你这样好的人怎么当警♥察♥?
How come a nice guy like you is a cop?
我猜只是幸运
Just lucky, I guess.
你喜欢古董吗 警官?
You like antiques, Officer?
谁买♥♥得起?
Who can afford them?
如果你是一艘葡萄牙船上的船长…
If you’re a captain on a boat borne for Portugal…
你守口如瓶…
and you keep your mouth shut…
你买♥♥得起许许多多古董
you can buy a lot of antiques.
也许满满一商店
Maybe a whole store full.
(尼尔斯·德雷尔古董店 赛奇威基路401号♥)
对 我亲爱的 这就是我在过去五分钟里一直告诉你的
Yes, my love. That is what I’ve been telling you for the last five minutes,
但你不听
but you don’t listen.
冷静 我们能改变我们的计划
Well, be calm, we can change our plans.
我能为您做什么 先生?
What can I do for you, sir?
我是戴蒙德警官
I’m Lt Diamond, police.
戴蒙德(钻石)!好昂贵的名字
Diamond? Expensive name.
我不会花你很多时间 德雷尔先生 我只想问你几个问题
I won’t take much of your time, Mr. Dreyer. I just want to ask you a few questions.
请讲 事关你的巨额买♥♥卖♥♥
Please. – It’s about a large purchase you made.
是的,我有完整的账本
Yeah, well I have complete books.
这里的每一美元都有白纸黑字 …除非有了赤字!
Every dollar is there in black and white… unless it goes in the red!
这宗买♥♥卖♥♥发生在1946年
This purchase was made in 1946.
1946年!
1946!
很抱歉 那时我没做生意
I’m sorry, I was not in business then.
所以我…我没法帮你
So, I… I can’t help you.
我希望你有所记录 …关于购买♥♥一个船锚的
I was hoping you’d have some record. It’s… about the purchase of an anchor.
我不懂
I don’t understand.
在1946年你是一艘私人船上的船长
In 1946, you were skipper of a private boat,
从纽约港驶往葡萄牙里斯本
bound from New York Harbor for Lisbon, Portugal.
途中你在亚速群岛停泊 买♥♥了个新船锚 为什么?
On the way you stopped at the Azores and bought a new anchor. Why?
我不懂…
I don’t understand…
更努力想想
Well, try a little harder.
你不了解我 我很笨
You don’t know me, I’m very stupid.
那艘船是格拉兹所有的游艇
The boat was a cabin cruiser owned by Grazzi.
现在由一个布朗先生掌控 你认识布朗先生吗?
It’s now being operated by a Mr. Brown. Do you know Mr. Brown?
我上周跟他吃了午餐 他是位非常好的绅士
I had lunch with him last week. He’s a very fine gentleman.
他是操社会的
He’s a hoodlum.
因为我跟他吃了午餐 这就算犯罪吗
Because I have lunch with him, that is not a crime.
我跟谁都吃午餐 我信奉民♥主♥
I have lunch with anybody, I’m democratic.
我甚至会跟你吃午餐
I’ll even have lunch with you.
这商店谁出的钱?
Who paid for this shop?
我德雷尔
Me, Dreyer.
你德雷尔的钱是从波洛马克公♥司♥借的
You, Dreyer, borrowed the money from the Bolemac Corporation.
波洛马克公♥司♥是布朗的 或者布朗和格拉兹的
The Bolemac Corporation is Brown, or Brown and Grazzi.
布朗先生出钱不会无缘无故
Mr. Brown doesn’t pay money for nothing.
什么让你对布朗先生这么贵重? 你有他什么把柄?
What makes you so valuable to Mr. Brown? What do you have on him?
我叫尼尔斯·德雷尔 我住在梅森街821号♥
My name is Nils Dreyer, I live at 821 Mason Avenue.
我只需告诉你这么多
That is all I have to tell you.
你知道吗 德雷尔先生 自从我走进这里后情况就变了
You know, Mr. Dreyer, things changed since I walked in here.
布朗知道我来这 他知道我在跟你谈
Brown knows I’m here, he knows I’m talking to you.
我什么也没说
I said nothing.
是的 但这布朗不知道
Yeah, but Brown doesn’t know that.
作为情报的交换 德雷尔先生 我会给你保护
In exchange for information, Mr. Dreyer, I’ll give you protection.
我会做得还要好 我会送你去坐牢
I’ll do better than that, I’ll put you in jail.
假定你送我去坐牢
Suppose you put me in jail.
隔壁牢房♥的人碰巧有把枪
The man in the next cell happens to have a gun.
砰!一个死瑞典人 谢谢你非常好心 我还是继续笨下去
Boom! One dead Swede. Thank you very kindly, I’ll remain stupid.
你怎么进来的 先生?商店关门了
How did you get in here, sir? The store is closed.
我有个约会迟到了 恕我失陪
I’m late for an appointment, if you’ll excuse me.
德雷尔先生 你当作护身符的秘密 会变成你的催命符
Mr. Dreyer, the secret you think keeps you safe will blow up in your face.
你打交道的是…一个无情的人
You’re dealing with a… a ruthless man.
戴蒙德先生 我当了30年海员
Mr. Diamond, I was a seaman for 30 years.
我14岁出海
I went to sea aged 14.
我见识过风暴 见识过炮火 见识过鱼雷
I’ve seen storms, I’ve seen gunfire, and I’ve seen torpedoes.
我沉船不止一次 四次!
I’ve been wrecked not once, four times!
在筏子上37天 没别的只有水
On a raft, 37 days, nothing but water.
没什么杀得了我
Nothing kills me.
我会像我的曾祖父一样 死在斯德哥尔摩 93岁
I’ll die in Stockholm like my great-grandfather, aged 93.
我谁也不怕 包括你 所以…出去
I’m not scared of anyone including you, so… get out.
如果你改变了主意 德雷尔先生 只要打电♥话♥给93分局
If you change your mind, Mr. Dreyer, just phone the 93rd Precinct.
我会派辆警车接你
I’ll send a squad car for you.
喂?
Hello?
喂?
Hello?
喂!
Hello!
坐下 乔
Sit down, Joe.
我想要他活着来这 怎么回事?
I wanted him here alive. What happened?
他有把枪 是不是 方弟?
He had a gun. Didn’t he, Fante?
没错他有把枪 布朗先生… – 我告诉你们了不要带枪去!
He had a gun alright, Mr. Br… – I told you to go without guns!
你们哪一个改了我的主意?
Which one of you changed my mind?
我没带任何枪 – 明戈?
I didn’t have any gun with me. – Mingo?
不是我开的枪 我发誓
It wasn’t me, I swear.
他拔枪对着我 你想要我怎么办?
Well, he pulled a gun on me, what’d you want me to do?
有你这种脑子他又能怎么办!
With your kind of brain, there was nothing else he could do!
现在你俩听我说 去做你们的事
Now, listen to me, you two. Go about your business.
去你们常去的地方 做你们常干的事!
Go where you ordinarily go, do what you ordinarily do!
如果他们问问题 什么也不说!
If they ask questions, say nothing!
而你 上楼 去睡觉 呆在那儿!
And you, get upstairs, go to bed, stay there!
你一直病倒 懂吗?病倒!
You been sick, you understand? Sick!
如果他们要带你去警局…自己往脑袋开一枪
If they take you to police headquarters… shoot yourself in the head.
这会让一切简单得多
It’ll make everything a lot simpler.
现在 出去!
Now get out!
乔!
Joe!
过来
Come here.
为什么你这样做 乔?
Why did you do it, Joe?
我以为他拔枪对着我
I told you he pulled a gun on me.
我做生意尽量不针对个人
I’m trying to run an impersonal business.
杀人非常针对个人 一旦开始很难收场
Killing is very personal. Once it gets started, it’s hard to stop.
如果你是个喜欢扣扳机的小混混 我可以理解 但你不是
I could understand it if you were a trigger happy punk, but you’re not.
你是老奸巨滑的人 乔
You’re an experienced man, Joe.
为什么你这样做?
Why did you do it?
我猜我太老了 管不好枪 – 对…
I guess I’m getting too old to handle a gun.
也许你真的太老了 乔
Yeah. Maybe you’re just getting too old, Joe.
你不是很喜欢我 对不对?
You don’t like me much, do you?
你觉得格拉兹离国期间
You figure when Grazzi left the country,
应该由你接管而不是我 是这样吗?
you should’ve taken over instead of me. Is that it?
不…这工作对我来说太重大了
No… the job’s too big for me.
对…你这么说但你心里不这么想
Yeah… you say that, but you don’t mean it.
把你的枪给我 乔
Give me your gun, Joe.
快!
Come on!
明白我的意思了吗 乔?
See what I mean, Joe?
两秒前你手里有枪
Two seconds ago, you had this gun in your hand.
这里只有你我
We’re all alone here.
用枪的想法在你心里一闪而过 …但你做不来
The thought of using it flashed through your mind… but you couldn’t.
但你对德雷尔用枪毫不犹豫 为什么?
But you didn’t hesitate to use it on Dreyer, why?
因为他是个小人物 乔 就像你 一个小人物
Because he was a little man, Joe. Like you, a little man.
你工作轻松拿钱多
You got a soft job and good pay.
停止了思考自己一直为何物
Stop thinking about what might have been.
谁知道…
And who knows…
你也许能活到死在床上
You may live to die in bed.
完了 乔
That’s all, Joe.
空的! – 不可能
It’s empty! – It can’t be.
昨天后谁打开了这个吗? 哈特利小姐?
Did anybody open this since yesterday? – Miss Hartleby?
不可能 先生
Impossible, sir.
你得到什么?
What do you got?
(“参考S.S.格拉兹-11-15-46日志”)
德雷尔的人寿保险
It was Dreyer’s life insurance.
一个前海员会把航海日志保存在哪里?
Where would an ex-sailor keep a log book?
德雷尔是非常精细的人
Dreyer was a very meticulous man.
他在他店里保存了一切的完整记录
He kept a complete record of everything in his shop.
在他店里…
In his shop…
如果你在找格拉兹游艇 46年夏天的航海日志
If you’re looking for the log of Grazzi’s yacht in the summer of ’46,
你会在那里面找到
you’ll find it in there.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!