我总是认为他是我第四个丈夫 迈克
I could almost believe that he was my fourth husband, Mike.
他也是个花♥花♥公♥子♥
He was a playboy too.
– 咖啡 斯托德太太? – 不 谢谢
– Coffee, Mrs. Stroud? – No, thank you.
对不起 接线员 请让克罗斯·梅尔先生给其他人说
I’m sorry, Operator. Please ask Mr. Klaus Meyer to speak to someone else.
克罗斯·梅尔不和其他人说?
Mr. Klaus Meyer won’t speak to anyone else?
你告诉克罗斯·梅尔先生…
Would you tell Mr. Klaus Meyer…
乔治 彼得斯堡的电♥话♥ 喂 亲爱的
George, a collect call from Pittsburgh. Hello, darling.
– 我知道你不会外出的 – 直到我在卧室找到那个
– I knew you wouldn’t stay away. – Not after what I found in our bedroom.
– 在我们卧室找到? – 是啊 在我们卧室
– Found in our bedroom? – Yes, in our bedroom.
– 我完全可以解释 亲爱的 – 我想知道…
– I can explain everything, dear. – All I want to know is…
到我办公室去 家丑不可以外扬
In my office, dear. Family quarrels should be held in private.
– 家丑? – 乔治 彼得斯堡的电♥话♥
– Family quarrels? – George, the call from Pittsburgh.
拒绝付钱 哈根
Refuse the charges. And a fine pickle, Hagen.
假期半途而废 婚礼出现问题
Vacation busted up, marriage on the rocks.
– 我要怎么去解释? – 如果他可以解释 斯托德太太
– How am I going to explain? – If he can explain, Mrs. Stroud,
你就有个好男人
you have a good man.
哦 亲爱的 如果你知道 今天发生在我身上的事情
Oh, darling, if you only knew what I’ve been through today.
把你的手拿开 杰斐逊·伦道夫
Take your hands off me, Jefferson Randolph.
你看 我也看了黑板上的内容
You see, I’ve been reading that blackboard too.
– 但是我亲爱的说起来话长 – 是的 我知道
– But, darling, it’s a long, long story. – Yes, I know.
– 就会毁了一个无辜的人 – 听我说
– All about wrecking an innocent man’s life. – Please listen to me.
在水落石出之前不要乱想
Don’t start making accusations until you know the true facts.
我正在和”范巴斯” 酒吧的人交谈
I was talking with the Van Barth, the bar.
我就失去了联♥系♥… 哦 你好 莉莉?
I was disconnect… Oh, hello, Lily?
服务生来了
The bartender just came in.
他说伦道夫把 一杯酒洒到金发女郎身上
He says that Randolph spilled a drink on the blonde.
是辛辣的薄荷鸡尾酒
It was a stinger with green mint.
她用他的手帕擦干净 然后把手帕放进她的口袋
She mopped it up with his handkerchief and put the handkerchief in her purse.
那是我今生看到的最恐怖的饮料 停住
The most horrible drink I ever had in my life. That’s right. Kept it.
– 我很震惊 但是我受不了… – 求你了
– I was shaking, but I just couldn’t take it… – Please!
– 等等 我正在说 就在我喝的时候… – 你可以闭嘴吗?
– Just a moment. I’m talking. As I was drinking it… – Will you shut up?
– 嘘 女士正在说 – 不 不是说你
– Shh. The lady is talking. – No, no, not you.
把服务生带来 我们正在等
Well, bring the bartender with you. We’re waiting.
莉莉说金发女郎 拿了那个男人的手帕
Lily says the blonde took a handkerchief from the gentleman.
上面肯定有标记 太好了
Might have a laundry mark on it. That’s interesting.
现在如果我们可以找到手帕
Now, if we could only get that handkerchief.
最好写在黑板上
I’d better put that on the blackboard.
什么事?
Yes?
– 科德托先生要见你 – 叫他进来
– Mr. Cordette to see you. – Send him in.
哈根先生 琼纳斯先生要去下去 很重要
Mr. Hagen, Mr. Janoth wants you downstairs. It’s very important.
谢谢
Thank you.
请你帮助餐 直到今天下午我才发现她死了
And so help me, the first I knew she was dead was this afternoon.
– 为什么不报♥警♥? – 然后去坐牢吗?
– Why didn’t you call the police? – And spend the next 90 years in jail?
乔纳森有很多辩护人 比尔 哈根都是
Janoth’ll have lots of alibis. Bill, Hagen and a dozen other people, if necessary.
– 我… 只有靠自己 – 那是出租车司机
– Me… All I got is myself. – And that taxi driver.
还是你捏造的?
Or did you invent him?
我可以捏造一个卡斯莫 科瓦斯基的名字吗?
Invent him? Could I invent a name like Casimir Kowalski?
你已经捏造了
You could invent anything.
悲惨 孤零零 走在大街上
“Miserable, desolate. Walked the streets like a zombie.”
– 你不是跟那个金发女郎… – 但是 我…
– And all the time you were with that… – But darling, I…
给出租车公♥司♥打电♥话♥了 有他的地址 甚至写了下来
called the cab company got his address, even wrote it down.
但是我不能离开这里
But I can’t get out of here.
– 什么事? – 不要离开 乔治 琼纳斯先生要跟他谈话
– Yes? – Stand by, George. Mr. Janoth wants to speak to you.
好的 史蒂夫
Right, Steve.
如果我摆平了这些事情 还是要回到西弗吉尼亚
If I get out of this jam, I’m going back to West Virginia.
乔治 如果我相信
George, if I could just believe it.
我会去教堂祈祷 写悔过书
I’ll cover church socials, write obituaries, set type, anything.
那样就好了 但是你不会那样做
That would be wonderful. But you won’t.
– 什么事? – 乔治 我要找出这个人
– Yes, sir? – George, I want this man smoked out.
利用所有的保安 一楼一楼搜
Use the guards. Mobilize everyone. Start a floor-by-floor search in building.
是的 先生 奥布·赖恩马上来
Yes, sir. I’ll put O’Brien right on it.
我希望你亲自来 你明白吗?
I want you to follow through in person, you understand me?
是的 我明白 乔治特
Yes, I understand. Georgette.
乔治特 她刚刚走了
Georgette! She just left.
大家先从走廊开始
This way, boys. Take this corridor first.
你带人去左边
You take the one to the left.
有结果吗?
Any luck outside?
– 没有 – 继续
– Nothing yet. – Keep it up.
斯托德 你在吗?
Stroud, are you up here?
古玩店商人来了
The antique dealer wants to see you.
乔治?
George?
一定是去那里了 我去找他 你在这里等
He must be somewhere. You wait here. I’ll find him.
– 你 – 不是你想象的那样
– You! – It’s not what you think it is.
冷静 有人被谋杀了
Take it easy. Keep calm. Somebody’s been murdered, that’s all.
谋杀 啊
Murder! Aaah!
– 哦 你在这里啊 乔治 – 古玩店老板想知道…
– Oh, there you are, George. – The antique dealer wants to know…
– 他怎么了? – 没有看见啊
– Now, what happened to him? – Haven’t seen him.
告诉他在这里等啊 这么愚蠢?
I told him to wait. How stupid can a guy get?
继续找
Let’s keep looking.
科德托 帕特森女士的画像呢?
Cordette! Miss Patterson’s picture, where is it?
还没有画好 琼纳斯先生
She hasn’t finished it yet, Mr. Janoth.
– 是让她画素描 不是画壁画 – 谁找我?
– I asked for a sketch, not a mural. – Did somebody call me?
是的 琼纳斯先生 现在就想看画像
Yes. Mr. Janoth wants to see the picture right now.
哦 好的 墨迹没有干都要看呢?
Oh, of course. Would you like it in oil?
不 女士 我现在就想看
No, no, madam. I’ll see it just as it is.
快点 快点
Come along, come along, come along.
我觉得我比较好的抓住了他的情感 不是吗?
I think I’ve captured his mood rather successfully, don’t you?
琼纳斯先生
Mr. Janoth. Mr. Janoth, sir.
古玩店的老板来了 他说伦道夫就在五楼
Here’s the antique dealer. He says Randolph jumped him on the fifth floor.
– 谋杀 他是说谋杀 – 你看见他了吗?
– Murder, he said. A murder case. – Did you get a look at him?
当然 我挣扎 但是没有
Enormous. I fought. I struggled. No use.
目露凶光
Wild glare in his eyes.
通知大家 必要时格杀勿论
Warn everyone. Authorize them to shoot if necessary.
这个人是个疯子 告诉奥布·赖恩和保安下去
The man’s a maniac. Tell O’Brien and the guards downstairs.
是的 哈根先生
Yes, Mr. Hagen.
是吗? 哦
Yeah? Oh.
我们已经搜完了十楼 琼纳斯先生 我已经派乔治·斯托德
They’ve finished on nine, Mr. Janoth. I’ve sent for George Stroud.
– 告诉他们继续 – 继续
– Tell them to keep moving. – Better keep moving.
琼纳斯先生 “范巴斯”酒吧的目击证人来了
Mr. Janoth, here are the witnesses from the Van Barth.
托马斯小姐 存放帽子的女士 你好吗?
Miss Thomas, the hatcheck lady. How do you do?
科尔巴斯先生 服务生 你好
Mr. Kolbas, the bartender. Delighted.
女士们 先生们 乔纳森出版社…
Gentleman and ladies, Janoth Publications…
特别感谢你们的帮忙
are extremely grateful for your help.
你们可能没有意识到 当我们了解这个人的时候
You may not realize it, but when we apprehend this man,
你们已经是在为社会做出了贡献
you will have done your duty as citizens of your community.
哦 斯托德先生 小心 这个人很危险
Oh, Mr. Stroud, be careful. This guy’s a dangerous maniac.
我们得到命令格杀勿论
We just got orders to shoot to kill.
我已经同意了 两个1000美元奖金
I have authorized two rewards of $1,000 each.
一个是给指认凶手的 另外一个是…
One for the person identifying our man, and the other for…
– 怎么了? – 那个人 就在那里
– What’s the matter? – The man! He was right there!
哦
Oh!
乔治 快点 这边
George! Come on. This way.
– 他可能有枪 – 是的 叫警♥察♥
– He might carry a gun. – Yeah. Call the cops.
行动
Get going, boys.!
这里
In here.
– 你去哪里了? – 那个出租车司机
– Where have you been? – That taxi cab driver.
– 你找到他了? – 嗯 他走了
– You got him? – Uh-uh. He’s gone.
他和他的妻子突然得到了一笔遗产 令吕居说的
He and his wife came in for a sudden legacy, the neighbors said.
怎么可能?
How do you like that?
突然从乔纳森爷爷那里 得到了遗产 我就需要这些
Sudden legacy from old Grandpa Janoth. That’s all I needed.
– 你干什么? – 报♥警♥
– What are you doing? – I’m gonna call the police.
– 让我进监狱? – 总比被打死好
– And turn me in? – It’s better than having you shot.
– 得了 – 哦 乔治 我听保安说了
– Come on. – Oh, George, I heard what those guards said.
他们说你是疯子
They called you a maniac.
你为什么要和那个女人有关系
Why did you ever have anything to do with that woman?
但是我告诉你 我没有
But I told you, I didn’t.
如果有办法 我一定要证明给你看
There must be some way out of this mess. If I could only think.
– 给我一支烟 – 我没有 拿哈根的
– Give me a cigarette. – I haven’t got one. We could use one of Hagen’s.
– 或许我可以跟乔纳森商量 和他达成协议 – 给
– Maybe I should go to Janoth, try and make some sort of a deal. – Here you are.
– 给我看看 – 在盒子里面的
– Let me see that. – It was in the box.