How?
勤加练习
Practice.
死背就对了
I’ll just memorize it.
所有数字?
All of it?
对啊 我的记性很好
Yeah, I got a pretty good memory.
有那么好?
That good?
我有一个星期学习 不是吗?
Well, I got a week to learn it, right?
这叫青出于蓝
Hustling a hustler.
我喜欢
I love it.
要是行得通
But, if this works,
雷诺会咬住收益率不放
Renault’s gonna challenge you on the cap rate.
你要做好准备
So you need to get ready for it.
这里是市中心 风险很低
Look, this is downtown. The risk here is very low.
不能保证12%的收益率
It doesn’t warrant a 12% return.
我坚持收益率是10%
I’m firm with a 10% cap rate.
他一定会坚持以10%收益率做基础估值
He’s gonna try to hold you to a 10% cap rate on the underlying value,
我们是不会答应的
which we’re not gonna take.
尤其是在他赚取25%溢价的前提下
Not with a 25% premium going to him.
但你不能把话说死了
But you’re gonna need somewhere to go in the conversation.
因此我也要你背下 收益率10.5%的各种数字
So I want you to memorize the 10.5% cap rate scenario as well.
但在收益率10.5%的前提下 25%的溢价也太高了 是吧?
But a 25% premium on a 10.5% cap rate is too high, right?
收益率10.5% 意味着基础估值是1317000美元
10.5% cap rate means $1,317,000 underlying.
加上25%的溢价 等于16♥4♥6250美元
With the 25% premium, that’s $1,6♥4♥6,250.
太高了
Too high.
对啊 听起来太高了
Yeah, that sounds too high.
没错 太高了
You goddamn right it’s too high.
这时你可以给他选择
So maybe you can sell him a choice.
雷诺先生 我欣赏你
Mr. Renault, I like you.
自从我搬来这里以后 跟你打球最过瘾了
First halfway decent golf game I’ve had since I’ve moved here.
现今市道繁荣 你却把这栋大楼的收益率定在10%
But if you want us to value this building at a 10% cap rate in a booming market,
而我们可以在其他地方取得12%
where we can get 12% elsewhere,
所以我们不能同意给你25%的溢价
we’re not gonna give you an instant 25% profit in the markup.
不如这样吧
Tell you what.
我给你两个选择
I’ll give you two options.
第一 我们取得11%的收益率 你赚取25%的溢价
We get an 11% capital return rate and you get your 25% profit in the markup,
或是我们取得10.5%的收益率 但你只能赚取18%的溢价
or we get a 10.5% cap rate and you take an 18% instead of a 25% markup.
你可以二选一 但是…
You can choose. But…
他帮不了你
he can’t help you.
马修斯坦纳先生 你令我刮目相看
You’re not what I expected, Matt Steiner.
我选第二个选项
I’ll take the latter.
很好
Okay.
这样如何?
How’d I do?
你已经给我一万七千美元了
You left 17,000 on the table.
这…
Oh, well.
– 多少? – 1554060美元
– What’s the number? – $1,554,060.
不过如果你肯把这张桌子留给我 我们大可一百五十六万美元成交
But, we can call it an even 1,560,000 if you leave me that desk.
没想到竟然行得通
I can’t believe it worked.
我不曾怀疑过
I can.
明天我们就去见租户
Tomorrow we meet the tenants,
你就说我们是马修的合作伙伴
introduce ourselves as Matt’s partners,
然后等着看他们一脸愕然的样子
and watch the jaws drop.
也许我应该请一个摄影师来拍下那个画面
Maybe I should call a photographer so you capture the moment.
– 乔尔 – 怎么了?
– Joe. – What?
太过了?
Too much?
对 干杯
Yeah. Cheers.
(第二层 查尔斯雷诺)
你好
Hello.
(银行大楼公♥司♥ 斯坦纳 莫瑞斯 盖瑞特)
(吉屋出♥售♥)
(吉屋出♥售♥)
(银行大楼公♥司♥ 吉屋出租)
(白人区 黑人区)
(14号♥建筑物)
(21号♥建筑物)
(28号♥建筑物)
笑一个
Smile.
(银行大楼)
(其他区 混合区 黑人区)
(1963年)
(欢迎来到德克萨斯州威利斯 人口:9320人)
爸爸
Hi, Pop.
最近好吗?
How you doing?
看看谁来了?
And who’s this right here? Who’s this right here?
嗨 爷爷
Hey, Grandpa.
爸
Dad.
– 吃点番薯 – 不用了 谢谢
– Here, get some of these sweet potatoes. – No, thank you.
发育中的孩子怎么可能不爱吃番薯泥?
What kind of growing boy don’t like sweet potato mash?
宝贝 尝尝看 很好吃的
Sweetie, try ’em. They’re delicious.
爸爸见过副总统
Daddy met the vice president.
真的?
Really now?
真的 只是伯纳德不想张扬
Yes, he did. Bernard is being modest.
林登贝恩斯约翰逊?
LBJ?
对啊 他来参观银行大楼
Yes, sir. He came by the Bankers Building.
是啊 儿子
Yes, son.
不错 口感非常好
Smooth. Very smooth.
我以为你不抽烟
Thought you didn’t smoke.
说真的 我不抽烟
No. I don’t.
我知道你喜欢抽烟 所以…
But I know you like ’em, so…
这比我抽的烟好多了
These are a lot nicer than what I smoke.
你在洛杉矶发展得太好了
You doing so well out there in Los Angeles.
看来你说得对
Guess you were right.
你指什么?
About what?
用白人的方式赚钱
Earning money the way white men do.
你找到了一个大展身手的地方
Found you a place where you could do that.
只是这里依然办不到
Still… no chance of doing that here.
搞不好比以前更糟了
It might even be worse.
加州也不是尽善尽美的 只是…
No, it’s not perfect in California, but…
不一样
it is different.
我倒认为这跟加州无关
I don’t… I don’t think it’s California.
儿子 爸以你为荣
I’m proud of you, son.
你要去哪?
Where you going?
到镇上走走
Taking a walk through town.
有必要穿成这样吗?
Dressed like that?
我要去白人区
Going on the other side of the tracks.
记得要打领带
You make sure you wear your tie.
有这个打算
I planned on it.
带小盖瑞特一起去
Take Junior with you.
他一定要亲眼见识一下自己的老家
He needs to see where he comes from up close.
(有色人种专用 白人专用)
为什么要有两个饮水机?
Why the fountains separated, Dad?
儿子 这里跟其他地方不一样
It’s just different down here, son.
对啊
Yeah.
很遗憾 让你看到这些
I’m sorry you had to see that.
没关系
It’s okay.
擦鞋多少钱一次?
Hey, how much for a shine?
先生 我只做白人的生意
Only do white folks here, sir.
(大♥陆♥银行)
你认为这是不对的?
You think this is a mistake?
我认为这个世界正在改变
I think the world is changing.
只是德州变得太少了
But maybe it hasn’t changed enough in Texas.
我认为有必要这么做
I feel like I have to do this.
我知道
I know.
这也是我支持你的原因
And that is why I support you.
我们对银行业有什么了解?
What the hell do we know about banking?
银行吸纳存款和放贷 主要是与房♥地♥产♥有关的
Banks take deposits and make loans, mostly on property.
拥有一家银行 就像是拥有房♥地♥产♥业的另一面
Owning a bank is like owning the other side of the real estate business.
我敢肯定你漏掉很多细节
I’m pretty sure there’s a few complexities you just left out.
例如我们是黑人 加上这家该死的银行位于德州
Like we black, and this goddamn bank is in Texas.
德州法律并未禁止黑人买♥♥下银行
There’s no Texas law that says we can’t own a bank.
我承认 黑人身份也许是个障碍
I concede, us being black may be an issue, practically speaking.
你终于肯承认了?
You willing to concede that?
我们让马修来当我们的代表
Well, we get Matt to front for us.
那还用说
No shit.
虽然马修为我们打开了洛杉矶的大门
But here in LA Matt unlocks the doors for us,
但他没有在做日常的经营
he don’t run the business day-to-day,
更何况是银行业务 那一点也不简单
much less a banking business, which is not simple.
我们只要仔细监督就行了
We’d have to monitor things closely.
那种事你到底打算怎么做呢?
And how the hell you plan to do that?