这个贷款看似合法 但已拖欠三个月未还款
And this loan is legal on its face, but it’s three months delinquent.
我不会要求你卖♥♥掉 但我要重新分类
I’m not gonna require you to sell it, but I’m gonna classify it.
把你账面的价值减记40%
Take its value down on your books by 40%
因为要考虑到其较高的拖欠风险
to account for the elevated risk of default.
等一下 我去去就回来
Hold on. I’ll be right back.
这些贷款怎么会归入配套里的?
How the hell did these loans get in the package?
– 我不知道 – 岂有此理
– I don’t know. – Unacceptable.
马修 每笔个人贷款我都查过了
I looked over every individual loan, Matt.
没有贷款超过两万美元 也没有贷款的偿还期超过20年
There was nothing over $20,000. Nothing over 20 years.
你签收时有没有看清楚?
Did you look at the loans when you picked them up?
到底有没有看清楚?
Did you look at the goddamn loans?
我看过了 只是看得不够仔细
Yes, I looked through them. Maybe not carefully enough.
我只看过首页
I read the top sheet…
天啊
Unbelievable.
首页骗不了人吧
Well, they can’t lie on the top sheet.
马修 上面没有贷款限额
Matt, there aren’t any limiters.
什么?
What?
首页上面没有个人贷款限额
There isn’t anything on this top sheet about individual loan limits,
没有贷款总额和偿还期限
dollar amounts or durations.
只有平均值
They’re all averages.
首页没有撒谎
They didn’t lie.
只是它把数字都藏在平均值里
They just hid the shit in the averages.
我们的律师怎么会看漏了呢?
How the hell did our lawyer miss that?
– 我没聘用奥克夫 – 什么?
– I couldn’t use O’Keefe. – What?
伯纳德查看♥房♥♥产的速度很快 于是我把收♥购♥期提前了
Bernard checked the properties so fast I moved up the purchase date.
奥克夫没空 于是我聘了其他律师
O’Keefe couldn’t make it, so I hired someone else.
– 这个律师怎么找的? – 打听的
– How did you find him? – I asked around.
你打听…他打听来的 这是什么意思?
You asked… He asked around. What the hell’s that mean?
我们跟你说过 你还没有经营自家银行的能力
We told you you weren’t ready to run your own bank. We told you.
但你咄咄逼人 我们才走到这一步
You forced our hand. Now here we are.
等一下
Whoa, whoa, whoa.
你叫谁帮你找律师?
Who exactly did you ask to find this lawyer?
马修 到底是谁?
Who, Matt?
弗洛伦斯
Florance.
弗洛伦斯?
Florance?
你居然去问弗洛伦斯?
You asked Florance?
他把抵押贷款调包了
He switched the goddamn mortgages.
他为什么要那么做?
Why? Why would he do that?
为了毁掉马林银行
To kill Marlin.
最可恶的是 我穿着清洁工人制♥服♥ 在厕所里得知这件事
And the worst part is I have to learn about it here, in this ridiculous outfit,
而你竟是他的帮凶
that you helped him do it!
等等 这一定是违法的吧?
No, that’s gotta be illegal, right?
他这么做有什么好处?
What does he get from that, anyway?
筹码
Leverage.
动摇我们在大♥陆♥银行地位的筹码
Against us at Mainland.
他也可能只是想看我们垮掉
Or maybe just to watch us fail.
我们要在一星期内卖♥♥掉27笔不良贷款 并自己来弥补所有减记
We have to sell 27 bad loans in a week and cover all the markdowns ourselves.
会损失三十万美元
We’re gonna lose $300,000,
除非马修斯坦纳 将马林银行变成德州史上最赚钱的银行
unless Matt Steiner can make Marlin the most successful bank in Texas history.
关掉银行也可以
Or you could let it close.
是马修的错 不是你的错
Matt got you here, you didn’t.
不是 是我的错
No, I did.
是我自作聪明 以为可以回到德州大展拳脚
Soon as I thought I was clever enough to come down here and take on all of this.
乔尔警告过我
Joe warned me.
你也警告过我
You warned me.
13岁那年 我爸就警告过我了
My daddy warned me when I was 13.
若此事很容易 早就有其他人做了
If this was easy, somebody else would have done it a long time ago.
你们打算一走了之?
So, you’re just gonna walk away from it?
这是唯一理智的决定
It’s the only rational thing to do.
我们可以控告那个人♥渣♥
No, we could sue the bastards.
你已签的合同上清楚地写着 你要买♥♥的是什么
You signed a document saying you knew exactly what you were buying.
但那个律师骗了我 我们可以控告他
But the lawyer lied to me. We can sue him.
马修 你能控告他 但我们不能
Maybe you can, Matt, but we can’t.
我和伯纳德不可能赢得这场官司 尤其是在德州
Me and Bernard can’t win that case, not in Texas.
再说 马林银行也撑不到那个时侯
Plus, Marlin will be gone by then anyway.
我不会放弃马林银行的 总有什么办法吧
I’m not gonna lose Marlin. There’s gotta be something I can do.
马修 对不起
Look, I’m sorry, Matt.
我知道马林银行是你的心肝 但现在我要你专注经营大♥陆♥银行
I know it was your baby, but I need you to focus on Mainland now.
怎么经营?
Well, how?
盯住弗洛伦斯
Keep an eye on Florance.
确保白人踏进那家银行时
And make sure when white folks come in that bank,
看见总裁办公室里坐着一个白人
they see a white man in the president’s office
这样他们不会提出存款
so they won’t pull their deposits.
这是盖瑞特家
Garrett residence.
他在 等一下
Yes, he’s here. Just a moment.
乔尔 找你的
Joe, it’s for you.
没错 我是乔尔
Yeah, this is Joe.
别说是我告诉你的
You didn’t hear this from me,
我在货币监理署有个挺照顾我的朋友
but I got a friend at the Comptroller’s office who kind of looks out for me.
他昨天打来找我
Called me yesterday to say
说马修斯坦纳把马林银行 所有“非卖♥♥不可”的贷款都清掉了
Matt Steiner managed to get all “must sell” loans off Marlin’s books.
这不重要
That don’t matter,
我们已经决定不会再把钱投入那家银行
’cause we decided we ain’t gonna put no more money in there anyhow.
是以面值出♥售♥的 不减价
At face value. No discount.
就是说马林银行 没有你们的资金 也付清了债务
Which means Marlin’s in the black again, fully solvent…
恢复偿付能力了
without capital from you.
谁会以面值收♥购♥这些烂贷款?
Who the hell would pay face value for those piece of shit loans?
德州威利斯的大♥陆♥银行
Mainland bank in Willis, Texas.
什么?
Say what?
这个混♥蛋♥
Son of a bitch!
你到底在搞什么鬼?
What the hell are you doing?
你竟然让大♥陆♥银行以面值买♥♥下
You had Mainland pay face value
联邦政♥府♥部门在马林银行减记的贷款
for the loans the feds already had you mark down at Marlin?
这只是暂时的
It’s just temporary.
– 这是欺诈行为 – 不 如果把这些贷款归类…
– It’s fraud. – No, if we classify them differently…
马修 你再这样下去 两家银行都会给你搞垮
If you keep this up, you’re gonna sink both banks, Matt.
把账簿拿来
Get the books.
– 先等… – 把该死的账簿拿来
– Shouldn’t we wait until… – Get the goddamn books now.
我只是把钱转去…
All I did was transfer the…
马修斯坦纳 你是大♥陆♥银行的总裁吗?
Matthew Steiner, president of Mainland Bank?
– 没错 – 我是诺曼邓恩
– Yes. – I’m Norman Dunn,
南区货币监理署专员
Deputy Comptroller of the Currency for the Southern District.
财政部已吊销大♥陆♥银行的执业准证
The Treasury Department has revoked Mainland’s license to do banking.
根据国民银行法 你所持的银行 已经交由联邦存款保险公♥司♥接管
Your bank is being placed in FDIC receivership per the National Banking Act.
这是联邦存款保险公♥司♥的阿默斯先生
This is Mr. Amos of the FDIC.
斯坦纳先生 你被开除了
Mr. Steiner, you’re fired.
我会送你离开这座建筑物
I’m going to need to escort you from the building now.
请把账簿放在原处
Please leave the ledgers where they are.
各位先生女士
Ladies and gentlemen,
美国财政部宣布关闭这家银行 直到另行通知为止
the United States Treasury Department has closed this bank until further notice.
一万美元以下的存款都受到联邦政♥府♥保障
All deposits up to $10,000 are insured by the federal government.
联邦存款保险公♥司♥在审查银行账簿后 就会将存款还给你们
Upon FDIC review of the bank’s books, your money will be returned to you.
从今天起 此建筑物将不再对外开放
The building is now closed to the public.
请马上离开
We must ask that you leave.
(关闭)
实在对不起 我以为可以同时拯救两家…
I’m so sorry. I thought that I could save both…
别让我看到你
Get out of my face.
– 是伯纳德盖瑞特和乔尔莫瑞斯吗? – 是
– Bernard Garrett and Joseph Morris? – Yes.
– 联邦调查局 你们被捕了 – 为什么?
– FBI. You’re under arrest. – For what?
转过去 面朝墙壁
Turn around and face the wall.
不 为什么抓我们? 我们做了什么违法的事?
No. What are we under arrest for? What did we do that’s illegal?
– 法官会告诉你 – 不行
– The judge will tell you that. – No, screw the judge.
– 告诉我们犯了什么法 – 伯纳德
– You tell me what we did that’s illegal. – Bernard.
– 他在闹什么? – 我懂了
– What’s he complaining about? – I get it.
黑人赚钱只要给自己用就没事
A black man makes some money and it’s okay as long as he keeps to himself.
若他试图扶持其他黑人兄弟 那是不能容忍♥的
But if he try to bring other brothers up, that’s intolerable.
你被捕了 盖瑞特先生
This is happening, Mr. Garrett.
你应该问问自己 你要不要因为拒捕而受伤?
The only question to ask yourself is do you want to get hurt fighting it?
– 放开他! – 伯纳德 住手!
– Hey, get off of him! – Bernard, no! No!
走吧
Come on.
德州银行监♥管♥局♥已经撤销所有指控