Hiro-san,
停止制♥作♥街机原型机
stop working on the arcade prototype.
各位 一切都会没事的
Everyone, it’s going to be fine.
我们仍然拥有电子游戏的版权
We still have video game rights.
亨克和任天堂有个很重要的会议 我们会想出办法
Henk has a very important meeting with Nintendo. We’ll figure it out.
好的
OK
山内先生 恭喜
Congratulations, Mr. Yamauchi.
我觉得你应该拥有 自己的俄♥罗♥斯♥方块游戏卡带
I thought you should have your own personal copy of Tetris
在我们卖♥♥光之前
before we sell out.
(俄♥罗♥斯♥方块)
谢谢
Thank you.
在超级马里奥兄弟游戏中 当你一直奔跑时 一切都很顺利
You know how, in Super Mario, when you’re running along and everything’s great,
但一株食人花突然冒出来 向你喷火怎么办
but suddenly a Piranha Plant pops out of nowhere and spews fire on you?
山内先生 问题是 凯文麦克斯韦 向我们丢了一株食人花
Thing is, Yamauchi-san, Kevin Maxwell pulled a Piranha Plant on me and you.
他撕毁了我的街机合同
He reneged on my arcade rights, and I really need a mushroom to stay alive.
(游戏结束)
我真的需要一个蘑菇才能活下去
我能预支我未来在任天堂的余款吗
Can I get an advance on my future Nintendo residuals, please?
山内先生邀请你去西雅图 见见他在那里的任天堂同事们
Mr. Yamauchi invites you to meet his Nintendo colleagues in Seattle.
我们也许能帮到你
We might have something to help you out.
干杯
Cheers
干杯
Cheers
(东京)
好了 孩子们
Okay, kiddos.
不如我们在妈妈回家之前 收拾一下房♥间吧 好耶
Why don’t we tidy our room before Mom gets home. Yeah!
但是爸爸 我学校的音乐会 下个月就要举♥行♥了
But dad, my school concert is next month and…
我刚拿到我要表演的歌♥ 需要练习呢
I just got the song I’m performing and I need to practice.
但我需要你的帮助
But I need your help.
抱歉 亲爱的
I’m sorry, hon.
爸爸要去为出差做准备
Papa’s gotta go and get ready for his business trip.
但我迫不及待想看你的表演 知道吗
But I can’t wait to see your show, okay?
我得去收拾行李了 快点 孩子们 收拾房♥间
I gotta go pack. Come on, kids, tidy!
(任天堂)
(西雅图)
这里就是密室
The inner sanctum.
嗨 亨克罗杰斯 防弹软件
Hi. Henk Rogers. Bullet-Proof Software.
很荣幸来到这里
It is an honor to be here.
你好 亨克
Hello, Henk.
荒川实 美国任天堂总裁
Minoru Arakawa, President of Nintendo of America.
-我知道 -该死的亨克罗杰斯
-I know. -Henk Goddamn Rogers.
欢迎来到西雅图 霍华德林肯 高级副总裁 首席法律顾问
Welcome to Seattle. Howard Lincoln, senior VP, chief legal counsel.
你无法无天的名声在外啊
Your cowboy reputation precedes you.
来 签这个
Here. Sign this.
保密协定 为什么签这个
An NDA? Why?
因为世界上只有其他十个人 看过你将要看到的东西
Because only ten other people in the world have seen what you’re about to see,
而且说实话 我们不信任你
and, to be honest, we don’t trust you.
8位元图形
8-bit graphics?
是的 还有4.19兆赫的全新 夏普LR35902内核
Yes, and a brand-new Sharp LR35902 core at 4.19 mega-hertz
外加八千字节的内存
with eight kilobytes internal RAM.
太厉害了
Impressive.
没有彩色屏幕
No color screen?
彩色屏要用八节电池 而不是四节 太贵了
Color, you’d need eight batteries instead of four. It’s too expensive.
这玩意可以让你玩 30个小时的游戏 只要89美元
This gives you 30 hours of game play, all for $89.
这叫什么
What’s it called?
它叫Game Boy
It’s called the Game Boy.
来试试吧
Go ahead, try it.
我们将于6月推出
We’re launching in June.
我们希望像你们这样的发行商 能帮我们留意新游戏
And we want publishers like you to be on the lookout for new games.
那么你会把它和马里奥捆绑销♥售♥
So, you’ll package it with Mario?
是的 这是我们最好的品牌
Yes, it’s our best brand.
这个游戏是用C语言编写的 对吧
This game is programmed in C, yeah?
多少像素
How many pixels?
160乘144 怎么了
160 by 144. Why?
这还不完美 但你们会明白我的意思
It’s not perfect, but you’ll get the idea.
先生们 如果你们想把几十万个 Game Boy卖♥♥给小孩子
Gentlemen, if you wanna sell a couple hundred thousand Game Boys to little kids,
那就和马里奥捆绑销♥售♥
package them with Mario.
但如果你们想把数以百万计的 Game Boy卖♥♥给所有人
But if you wanna sell millions of Game Boys to absolutely everyone,
全球各地 无论老少
young and old, around the world,
那就和俄♥罗♥斯♥方块捆绑销♥售♥
package them with Tetris.
你能帮我们拿到版权吗
Can you get us the rights?
(伦敦)
(每日镜报 周日镜报)

Hi.
我是亨克罗杰斯 我来见凯文麦克斯韦
My name’s Henk Rogers. I’m here to see Kevin Maxwell.
先生 你有预约吗
Do you have an appointment, sir?
没有 我要给他个惊喜
Nope. It’s a surprise.
-我尽力了 -不 别这么说
-I’m doing my best. -No, do not say that.
不 你没有尽力
No, you’re not doing your best.
不 事实上 从一到最好
No, it’s– In fact, on a scale from one to best,
你做的比零还少 等于什么都没做
you’re doing less than zero, which is fuck all!
苏联人并不傻
The Soviets are not stupid.
他们知道俄♥罗♥斯♥方块很畅销
They know that Tetris sells.
但他们拒绝跟我谈街机版权的事
But they’re refusing to engage with me on arcade rights
除非我先把欠他们的电脑游戏版税付了
until I pay them for the royalties I owe them on the computer games.
你们不付钱给我 我就无法付钱给他们
And I can’t pay them until you pay me.
-亨克罗杰斯要见凯文麦克斯韦 -他来这里干什么
-Henk Rogers to see Kevin Maxwell. -What the bloody hell is he doing here?
-让他进来 -为什么
-Bring him in. -Why?
-我该走了 -坐下
-Well, I should go. -Sit down.
我们是同一个阵营的 明白吗
We are a united front. Understood?
罗杰斯先生 真是个惊喜
Mr. Rogers, what a pleasant surprise.
罗伯特麦克斯韦 镜报集团主席
Robert Maxwell, chairman of the Mirror Group.
天啊 嗨
Wow, hi.
-如果打扰了你们 我可以… -完全没有
-If I’m interrupting, I can– -Not all all.
其实我们刚刚正在聊俄♥罗♥斯♥方块的事
We were just talking Tetris actually.
这是仙女座软件的罗伯特斯坦恩 还有我儿子…
This is Robert Stein of Andromeda Software, and my son–
我可以做自我介绍 父亲 谢谢你
I can introduce myself, Father. Thank you.
凯文麦克斯韦
Kevin Maxwell.
镜报软件的首席执行官
CEO of Mirrorsoft.
我知道 我们见过
I know. We met.
电♥话♥中见过 你把我的街机版权卖♥♥给了世嘉
On the phone. You sold my arcade rights to SEGA.
看来一切都解决了 是吧
Well, it seems everything’s sorted itself out, yes?
趁我还没忘记 这是按合同要求给苏联人的
Before I forget, this is for the Soviets, per my contract.
这是一盘日本俄♥罗♥斯♥方块的 游戏视频录像带
It’s a game-play tape of Japanese Tetris.
虽然我们非常感谢 你亲自上门 给我们送这个 罗杰斯先生
Though we very much appreciate your personal delivery, Mr. Rogers,
但你可以邮寄给我们 就不用跑一趟了
but you could’ve mailed it. You could’ve saved yourself the trip.
是的 但那样我就无法跟你们聊聊 掌机俄♥罗♥斯♥方块了
Yes, but then I wouldn’t be able to talk to you about handheld Tetris.
掌机
Handheld?
我现在不明白是谁在掌控所有的版权
What I couldn’t figure out is who controls the rights.
是你们吗
You?
毫无疑问
Without a doubt.
是的
Yes.
斯坦恩先生掌控着所有独家的全球版权
Mr. Stein controls all the exclusive worldwide licensing rights.
包括了街机 电子游戏 电脑 还有掌机
That’s arcade, video game, computer, and the handheld.
-所有版权都是他授权给我们的 -太好了
-We license everything through him. -Fantastic.
那我想买♥♥游戏的全球掌机版权 就今天
Then I would like to buy your worldwide handheld rights. Today.
罗杰斯先生 任天堂没有掌机设备
Mr. Rogers, Nintendo doesn’t have a handheld device.
他们为什么想投资这个市场…
Why would they be trying to buy into a market–
我不能对此发表评论
I can’t comment on that,
但我愿意代表他们 开出一个非常不错的价格
but I am willing to make a very generous offer on their behalf.
亨克 我们会考虑你的报价
We’ll consider your offer, Henk.
我能处理好这事 父亲
I can handle this, Father.
我们会考虑你的报价 罗杰斯先生
We’ll consider your offer, Mr. Rogers.
我还没报呢
I haven’t made one yet.
是的
Yes.
祝你在伦敦玩得愉快
Have a splendid time in London.
再会
See you around.
你可以走了 斯坦恩先生
You’re excused, Mr. Stein.
没有完整签署的合同就不要回来了
And do not bother coming back here without fully executed contracts,
包括掌机俄♥罗♥斯♥方块 知道吗
including handheld Tetris, yes?
我们应该给苏联人一些钱
We should give the Soviets some money.
孩子 他们才不在乎钱
They don’t care about money, Son.
他们在乎的的是忠诚
They care about loyalty.
戈尔巴乔夫总理是我的朋友
Premier Gorbachev is my friend.
我们正在出版他的回忆录 我们很忠诚
We’re publishing his memoir. We’re loyal.
好的 父亲 公♥司♥的退休金经理打电♥话♥来了

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!