Take care of your sister, mind.
好好照顾你妹妹
I will, Dad.
我会的 爸爸
Bye, Mr. Sumner. Bye.
再见 萨姆纳先生 再见
I’d like a scotch, double.
给我一杯威士忌 双份的
With ice.
加冰块
Cheers.
干杯
Evening, Major.
晚上好 少校
Evening, Major. Evening, Major.
晚上好 少校 晚上好 少校
Mr. Sumner? Yes?
萨姆纳先生 什么事
I was about to call up to your farm
我刚才经过农场
to welcome you into our little community.
想去欢迎你加入我们这社区
I’ve just been welcomed.
我刚才已受到欢迎
I’m John Scott. Hello.
我叫约翰·史考特 你好
I saw your car outside.
我看到你的车在外面
I thought perhaps we could drive up together.
也许我们可以一起回去
I wanted to have the good reverend and Mrs. Hood talk you into joining us
也许你该见见一对很好的牧师夫妇
at the church social this coming Thursday.
这礼拜四有一次教♥徒♥聚会
The vicar will run me home.
牧师会开车送我回家
Can I buy you a drink, Major, before you go?
你走之前我请你喝一杯 好吗
No, thank you, Tom. We’re in a hurry.
不 谢了 汤姆 我们要赶时间
Buy ’em all one.
我请大家都喝一杯
Good night, Major. Good night, Major.
晚安 少校 晚安 少校
Watch out for sheep!
小心踩到牛粪
Have you got your Wellington boots on, Major?
小心弄到你的靴子上 少校
Now some men goes for women
现在有些男人愿做女的
And some men goes for boys
有的男人去做为男的
But my love’s warm and beautiful
但我爱的是温情和美丽
And makes a baa-in’ noise
来吧 啵一个
Amy, nice to see you.
艾米 见到你真高兴
Why haven’t you been out to see us before?
怎么现在才来看我们
Shearing time. My apologies.
我是特地来向你道歉的
You brought my drunken husband home.
你把我的喝醉酒的丈夫带回来了
I’m not drunk yet.
我可没有喝醉
Certainly not my fault.
不是我的错
Hi. I’m David Sumner.
我是大卫·萨姆纳
Barney Hood. Reverend.
巴尼·霍德 牧师
My wife. Mrs. Hood.
我太太 霍德夫人
Hello. Well, well. Please sit down.
你好 请坐吧
Barney, Louise. Hello, Major.
巴尼 路易丝 你好 少校
What are you drinking, Reverend? Scotch.
你喝什么 牧师 威士忌
The reverend and his wife came to invite us to a party
牧师和他太太是来邀请我们
at the church hall next week, David.
参加下周教会的聚会 大卫
Well, it’s going to be more than an invitation, Reverend, isn’t it?
不只是邀请 是不是 牧师
Major, you gave away our secret plan.
少校 你泄露了我们的秘密
Who said anything about money?
有谁说到钱的事了
I was thinking of about five…
我想五…
I’ll take it. Thank you very much.
我收下了 多谢
And I expect to see you both at the social and at the church
希望你们有时间的话
when you can spare the time.
多来社区和教堂
Time is a little difficult to find these days. So are cats.
最近这些日子没什么时间 猫也很忙
By the way, Amy, did you find your, uh, kitty?
对了 艾米 找到猫咪了吗
Kitty, kitty?
猫咪 猫咪
No.
没有
At least give us some hope about your coming to church.
我们都希望你们能来教堂
After all, hope is your business, Barney, isn’t it?
对 你只能希望了 巴尼
Yes, and faith. And charity.
对 希望和信仰就是我的工作 还有慈善救济
Thanks.
谢谢
Amy’s been telling us why you came to Wakely.
艾米告诉我们你来这里的原因
To write, to meditate. Why did you come?
来写本书 考虑些事情 你为了什么来这里的
I was drafted.
我命中注定属于这里
Well, tell us what you do. OK.
告诉我们你在做些什么 好的
I’m an, uh, astral mathematician.
我是个天文数学家
Never heard of it.
没听过
That’s because I just made it up.
因为是我自己发明的
I’ll get you another drink.
我再去给你拿杯酒
I have a grant to study
我正在研究
possible structures in stellar interiors
宇宙内部可能之结构
and the implications regarding their radiation characteristics.
还有因为辐射线所造成的影响
Am I boring anyone?
你们感到厌烦吗
Radiation, that’s an unfortunate dispensation.
辐射 真不幸到处都有
It surely is. Yes, indeed.
没错 确实如此
As long as it’s not another bomb.
只要不是原♥子♥弹♥就行了
You’re a scientist. Can you deny the responsibility?
你是个科学家 你能推卸责任吗
Can you?
你可以吗
After all, there’s never been a kingdom
毕竟从未有一个国家所流的血
given to so much bloodshed as that of Christ.
和基♥督♥流的一样多
That’s Montesquieu, isn’t it? Oh, really?
那是郎兹说的 是吗
Who’s he?
他是谁
Somebody well worth reading.
一个值得研究的人
We’d better leave these good people.
我们最好别打扰他们了
You won’t let me walk home, will you, Barney?
你不会让我走回家吧 巴尼
Mrs. Hood, you’re very lovely.
霍德太太 你明艳照人
I’ll get your coat.
我去拿你的外套
Does God bore you, Amy?
我丈夫烦到你了吧 艾米
In the areas of boredom, God is not my problem.
霍德太 基♥督♥没有使我厌烦
Your wife tells me you play chess. Yeah, I guess I do.
你太太告诉我你玩种独特的象棋 是的
You were awful to the reverend.
你对牧师不太友善
No, no, no. I wasn’t.
不 没有的事
He’s all right. I like him.
他是个好人 我喜欢他
Yeah? Yeah.
是吗 是啊
His wife is very attractive.
他的太太也很迷人
Yes, she is, isn’t she?
可不是吗
Here, I think you need some help.
我想你需要一点帮忙
David?
大卫
What’s a binary number?
什么是二进制数
Zeroes or ones,
就是0和1
plus or minus.
以及正和负
In sequences of twos.
逢2就进位吗
Hey, that’s right.
对 没错
You’re a bright lady.
你真聪明
You’re not so dumb.
你并不笨
Sometimes I need help.
有时我只是需要一点帮助
When?
什么时候
Like, um… now, maybe.
就象是现在
You got it.
没问题
What’s the matter?
怎么回事
Scutt or Cawsey.
肯定是史考特或卡兹干的
I’ve locked all the doors and windows downstairs.
我把楼下所有的门窗都锁上了
Let’s keep them locked from now on, all right?
以后都要记住锁上门窗 好吗
Great.
很好
Did you hear me?
你听到我的话吗
What?
什么
Scutt or Cawsey.
肯定是史考特或卡兹干的
Why?
为什么
To prove to you they could get into your bedroom.
向你证明他们可以进入你的卧室
I don’t believe that.
我不相信
Who else is around all the time?
那又有谁成天都在附近呢
Amy…
艾米…
We’ve left all the doors unlocked.
我们并没有锁上门
It could have been anybody passing.
我是说 也许是路过的人干的
“Anybody passing”?
“路过的陌生人”
David, a complete stranger comes into our house,
大卫 一个陌生人就这样闯进来
decides to strangle our cat and hang her in the wardrobe?
把我们的猫吊死在衣柜里
Somebody passing?
你说是过路的干的
Cawsey or Scutt.
不是卡兹就是史考特
Here, Charlie. It’s bloody heavy.
放这里 查理 这东西好重
Lousy way to make a living, though.
以此谋生令人恶心
You gonna look at them all day?
你要一整天监视他们
Would you feel better if I went out and talked to them?
你要我出去和他们谈谈吗
Not necessarily.
没那必要

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!