哦,天啊,是她 – 什么?
Oh, my God, that’s her. -What?
就是这个声音,她就是叙述者 – 不,不可能是她
That’s the voice. She’s the narrator. -No, that can’t be right.
我很确定
No, I’m positive.
哈罗德,这是十年前的采访
HaroId, this interview’s a decade oId.
我看男人们不再穿带袖口链扣的衬衫了
l didn’t think anyone actually wore cuff links anymore.
就是她
That’s her.
她是英国人? – 就是她
She’s British? -She’s her.
凯伦·艾芙? – 希尔伯特教授,我认识那个声音
Karen EiffeI? -Professor HiIbert, I know that voice.
糟糕
Crap.
怎么了? – 首先,她不在名单上
What’s wrong? -First of aII, she wasn’t on my Iist.
我以为你会提到她的口音…
I figured you wouId have mentioned the accent and she doesn’t….
她杀人
She kiIIs peopIe.
什么? – 每本书里她都…
What? -In every book she–
那些书都是关于… 他们死了,她杀死了他们
The books are aII about– They die. She kiIIs them.
杀死谁? – 主人公
KiIIs who? -The heroes.
《四张黑面纱》,说什么的?
Four BIack VeiIs. What is that?
说的是有个女孩很快相继…
lt’s about a girl who loses several members of her family…
失去了家里好几个成员
…in quick succession.
她在哪?
Where is she?
追踪不到的,相信我 我曾上过一节关于她的课
She’s untraceabIe. BeIieve me, I used to teach a cIass on her.
我给她写过信,我是说 她是个隐士
I’ve written her Ietters. I mean, she’s a hermit, she’s a recIuse.
这就是她上一本书
Here. Here’s the Iast book she wrote.
看看版权页,她10年来什么都没出版
Look at the copyright. She hasn’t pubIished anything in 1 0 years.
她对这城市有所了解 她住在这里吗?
She had knowIedge of the city. Does she Iive here?
以前住在这,是的,但是…
She used to, yes, but I mean–
班内克出版公♥司♥,华♥莱♥士♥大街2267号♥ 这就是她的出版商?
Banneker Press. 2267 WaIIace Street. Is that her pubIisher?
你没在听,我是说你即使找到她 她也不会…
You’re not Iistening. I said even if you find her she’s not gonna–
谢谢你的帮助
Thank you for your heIp.
她只写悲剧!
She onIy writes tragedies!
我不信上帝
l don’t believe in God.
好的,他给她带来了面粉
Okay, he’s bringing her fIours.
凯,你到哪去了?
Kay, where you been?
我去买♥♥香烟…
I went out to buy cigarettes…
我想出来怎样杀死哈罗德·克里克了
…and I figured out how to kiII HaroId Crick.
买♥♥烟?
Buying cigarettes?
正当我…走出商店
As I was– When I came out of the store…
就眼前一亮
…it came to me.
如何呢?
How?
彭妮,就像任何值得写的东西…
WeII, Penny, Iike anything worth writing…
这是可遇而不可求的
…it came inexpIicabIy and without method.
我明白,发生了什么事?
I see. Then what happens?
很完美,实际上 我不敢相信我以前怎么没想到
It’s perfect, actuaIIy. I can’t beIieve I didn’t think of it earIier.
很简单,讽刺…
It’s simpIe, ironic…
可能让人心碎
…possibIy heartbreaking.
就是这个?
Is that it?
是的
Yes.
你写在了传♥单♥上? – 在公车上写的
You wrote it on IegaI sheets? -On the bus.
不错嘛
WeII, then.
我今天就能写完
So I’II finish it today.
我会通知出版商的
I’II Iet the pubIishers know.
我去收拾行李
I’II begin packing my things.
我很感谢
I appreciate it.
嗨,你好,嗨 – 有什么需要效劳的吗?
Hi. HeIIo. Hi. -May I heIp you?
我要和凯伦·艾芙通话
I need to speak to Karen EiffeI.
什么? – 凯伦·艾芙
I’m sorry? -Karen EiffeI.
她是你们作者之一,我要和她谈谈
She’s one of your authors. I need to taIk to her.
先生,她不在这里
WeII, sir, she’s not here.
我知道,我要找到她 我要知道她在哪
No. No, I know. I need to find her. I need to know where she is.
我们只是出版商
We’re just the pubIishers.
当然,但一定有办法我能联♥系♥到她
Right. Of course. But there must be a way that I can contact her.
我们只有读者来信上的地址
We have the address where her fan maiI is sent.
我不能发信,这很紧急
No, I can’t send maiI. It’s urgent.
你怎么知道她的?
How do you know her?
我是她弟弟 – 她弟弟?
I’m her brother. -Her brother?
小舅子 – 她有妹妹吗?
Her brother-in-Iaw. -She has a sister?
不,我嫁给了她弟弟
No, I’m married to her brother.
不是在这个州,是在别的州
Not in this state, the one over.
先生,我要请你离开
Sir, I’m gonna have to ask you to Ieave.
不,好吧,听着
No. Okay. Listen.
我是她的一个角色,我是新角色 新书里面的
I’m one of her characters. I’m new. I’m in her new book.
她要杀死我,不是实际的 是在书里
And she’s going to kiII me. Not actuaIIy. But in the book.
但我认为那样实际会杀死我的 所以我要和她谈谈
But I think it’II actuaIIy kiII me so I just need to taIk to her…
让她住手
…and ask her to stop.
嗨,哈罗德,毛衣不错
Hi, HaroId. Nice sweater.
嗨,哈罗德,电♥话♥坏了
Hi, HaroId. Phones are out.
嘿,哈罗德,4632的19%是的多少?
Hey, HaroId, 1 9 percent of 4632…?
嘿,哈罗德,休假回来了?
Hey, HaroId. Back from your vaca?
嘿,哈罗德,看上去很不错
Hey. Looking good.
他看上去很糟糕 – 嗯,受刺♥激♥了
He Iooks terribIe. -Yeah, banged up.
不管他去哪,我都不想去
Wherever he went, I do not want to go.
告我不在那吧
Book me not there.
他完全无视我
He’s totaIIy ignoring me.
嘿,看,他来了
Here, Iook at this now. There he goes.
见到你很高兴
It was good having you.
哦,伙计,电♥话♥坏了 – 能用一下你的手♥机♥吗?
Oh, dude, the phones are out. -Can I borrow your ceII phone?
没信♥号♥♥ – 见鬼
The signaI’s down. -Damn it.
你没事吧? – 戴维,我需要帮助
You aII right? -Dave, I need a favor.
当然,什么事? – 给我点零钱好吗?
Sure, what is it? -Can I have some change?
片刻间,哈罗德就跑过广场
Within moments, Harold found himself running across the plaza…
直奔最近的付费电♥话♥亭
…heading for the nearest pay phone.
终于,他发现了一部
At last, he spotted it.
但当哈罗德走近时 他发现被占用了
But as Harold neared the phone, he saw it was occupied…
那是一个80多岁的老头 准备去接在丹佛的女儿
…by an octogenarian determined to reach his daughter in Denver…
不管要用多长时间
…no matter how many quarters it took.
很幸运,哈罗德想起
Fortunately, Harold remembered a bank of phones…
在第六大街地铁隧♥道♥有几部电♥话♥
…in the Sixth Street subway tunnel.
孩子不是爱普斯坦夫人 我女儿叫爱普斯坦夫人
The baby’s name isn’t Mrs. Epstein. My daughter’s name is Mrs. Epstein.
第一部电♥话♥不出拨号♥音
The first phone failed to give a dial tone.
第二部似乎是
And the second seemed to be splattered…
被喷了一层胶水
…with a fresh batch of mucus.
哈罗德拿起了第三部电♥话♥…
Harold dialed the third phone…
每次按在数字键上都重重有力
…fervently making sure to give each number key a specific forceful push.
别接!
Don’t answer that!
你不是说电♥话♥从来不…
Didn’t you say this phone never r–?
喂? – 是凯伦·艾芙吗?
HeIIo? -Is this Karen EiffeI?
是的 – 我叫哈罗德·克里克
Yes. -My name is HaroId Crick.
我相信你在写一部我的故事
I beIieve you’re writing a story about me.
什么? – 我叫哈罗德·克里克
I’m sorry? -My name is HaroId Crick.
这是玩笑吗? – 不是
Is this a joke? -No.
我在国税局上班,艾芙小姐 我叫哈罗德·克里克
No, I work for the IRS. My name, Miss EiffeI, is HaroId Crick.
当我工作中检查文件文件的时候 我听见深不可测、一望无际的大海声
When l go through the files at work l hear a deep and endless ocean.
哦,天…! – 艾芙小姐?
Oh, G–! -Miss Eiffel?
喂?
HeIIo?
艾芙小姐?喂?
Miss Eiffel? Hello?
让他进来
Let him in.
你好
HeIIo.
你好
HeIIo.
我叫彭妮,我是凯的助理
I’m Penny. I’m Kay’s assistant.
哦,我是哈罗德,她的主要角色
Oh, I’m HaroId. Her main character.
哦,天啊
Oh, my God.
哦,天啊
Oh, my God.
哦,天啊
Oh, my God.
艾芙小姐?
Miss EiffeI?
你的头发,你的眼睛
Your hair. Your eyes.
你的手指
Your fingers.
你的鞋子
Your shoes.
你好
HeIIo.
我叫哈罗德·克里克
I’m HaroId Crick.
我知道
I know.
你是怎样找到我的?
How did you find me?