没有,听着,抱歉,这些问题有什么关系?
No. Look…. I’m sorry. What do these questions have to do with anything?
这是找到你是处在哪个故事中
The onIy way to find out what story you’re in…
或是没处在哪个故事中的唯一方法
…is to determine what stories you’re not in.
尽管看上去奇怪,我已经排除了 一半希腊文学
Odd as it may seem, I’ve just ruIed out haIf of Greek Iiterature…
7则神话传说,10条中国寓言…
…seven fairy taIes, 1 0 Chinese fabIes…
最后确定你不是哈姆雷特王…
…and determined concIusiveIy that you are not King HamIet…
斯科特·芬奇(杀死一只知更鸟中的人物) 马普尔小姐(克里斯蒂侦探小说中的人物)
…Scout Finch, Miss MarpIe…
科学怪人的怪物或者是希伯来魔像
…Frankenstein’s monster, or a goIem.
你放心自己不是魔像?
Aren’t you reIieved to know you’re not a goIem?
是的,我放心我不是魔像
Yes, I am reIieved to know that I am not a goIem.
很好
Good.
你有没有魔力?
Do you have magicaI powers?
我能问问我们在干什么吗?
May I ask what we’re doing out here?
想像汽车事故 – 明白了
We’re imagining car wrecks. -I see.
我们就不能在屋里想像?
And we can’t imagine car wrecks inside?
不行
No.
你知不知道41%的交通事故
Did you know that 41 percent of accidents…
是发生在恶劣天气下的?
…occur in times of incIement weather?
90%的肺炎也是
So do 90 percent of pneumonia cases.
真的?肺炎 那倒是个有趣的死法
ReaIIy? Pneumonia. That’s an interesting way to die.
但是哈罗德怎么感染上肺炎呢?
But how wouId HaroId catch pneumonia?
今天你写了新的内容吗?
Have you written anything new today?
没有
No.
有没有读我推荐的诗 做个词语列表
Did you read the poems I suggested, or make a Iist of words…
买♥♥新的打字纸什么的?
…buy new typing paper, anything?
都没做
No, none of it.
坐在雨里写不了书
Sitting in the rain won’t write books.
那倒是恰恰说明你对写书了解多少
WeII, that iIIustrates exactIy how much you know about writing books.
这是什么?
What’s this?
尼古丁贴片上的文学
It’s Iiterature on the nicotine patch.
我不需要尼古丁贴片,我抽烟
I don’t need a nicotine patch, Penny. I smoke cigarettes.
这也许有用
WeII, it may heIp.
有用?什么用?
May heIp? HeIp what?
什么用,彭妮?能写小说?
HeIp what, Penny? HeIp write a noveI?
能救你的命
May heIp save your Iife.
我不做救命的事情
I’m not in the business of saving Iives.
实际上,正相反
In fact, just the opposite.
你最喜欢的词是什么? – 整数
”What’s your favorite word?” -Integer.
很好,很好
Good, good, good.
你有什么渴望的事情吗?
”Do you aspire to anything?”
没有 – 攻占俄♥罗♥斯♥?
No. -Conquer Russia?
赢得吹口哨比赛? – 没有
Win a whistIing contest? -No.
哈罗德,你必须有点野心
HaroId, you must have some ambition.
我不这么看 – 埋在心底的梦想,想想
I don’t think so. -Some underIying dream. Think.
嗯…
WeII…
我一直想我的生活更音乐一些
…I’ve aIways wanted my Iife to be more musicaI.
就像《西城故事》? – 不是
Like West Side Story? -No.
就像… – 什么?
Like…. -What?
我一直想学弹吉他
WeII, I’ve aIways wanted to Iearn to pIay the guitar.
好的
Okay.
最后一件要确定的事是
The Iast thing to determine concIusiveIy…
你是在喜剧还是在悲剧中
…is whether you’re in a comedy or a tragedy.
引用伊塔洛·卡尔维诺的话说: (意大利作家)
To quote ItaIo CaIvino:
“所有故事的终极含义有两方面:
”The uItimate meaning to which aII stories refer has two faces:
生命的连续性以及死亡的必然性”
The continuity of Iife, the inevitabiIity of death.”
悲剧里你死了,喜剧里你结婚了
Tragedy, you die. Comedy, you get hitched.
大多数的漫画英雄
Most comic heroes faII in Iove with peopIe…
爱上了故事一开始就出场的人物
…introduced after the story has begun.
通常人们开始讨厌那个英雄
UsuaIIy peopIe who hate the hero initiaIIy.
然而我没法想像人们讨厌你你,哈罗德
AIthough I can’t imagine anyone hating you, HaroId.
希尔伯特教授,我是国税局审计员
Professor HiIbert, I’m an IRS agent.
大家都讨厌我
Everyone hates me.
没错,很好
Right, right. Good.
你最近有没有遇到什么人特别地恨你?
Have you met anyone recentIy who might Ioathe the very core of you?
我正在查一个女人的帐 她让我滚蛋
I just started auditing a woman who toId me to get bent.
听上去像个喜剧
WeII, that sounds Iike a comedy.
尽量去发展一下
Try to deveIop that.
四份都要?
Four of these?
我这个没蜂蜜了
You know, I didn’t get my honey, honey.
露露,你能为拉里灌满蜂蜜吗?
LuIu, can you refiII the honey for Larry? Quarters aIso?
好孩子
That’s my good boy.
我加些橡子
I’m adding some acorns.
克拉克先生
Mr. Crick.
你来得真早,肯定要去勒索很多人
You’re here earIy. Must have a Iot of peopIe to extort.
不,不,只有你
No. No, just you.
枝茶和香蕉面包 – 是的,夫人
Twig tea and banana bread. -Yes, ma’am.
实际上,只用一天就确定你只欠那22%了
ActuaIIy, it shouId onIy take the day to make sure 22 percent is aII you owe.
不管是百分之多少我都不会交钱的
WeII, I won’t be paying no matter the percentage, Mr. Crick.
我明白,但是那百分比决定 你的牢房♥有多大
No, I know. But the percent determines how big your ceII is.
你可以叫我哈罗德
You know, you can caII me HaroId.
我知道,但我不想这么叫
Yeah, I know. But I don’t want to.
这是给拉蒙那的
This is for Ramona, honey.
哦,谢谢 – 不客气
Oh, thank you. -You’re very weIcome.
那是什么?你在记什么?
What is that? What are you marking?
哦,没什么
Oh, this is nothing.
我们何不从你的备份文件
Why don’t we start with your backup documents…
以及过去三年来的收据开始呢
…and the receipts for the past three years.
当然
Sure.
这是什么?
What’s this?
我的单子 – 什么?
My fiIes. -What?
我的税单
My tax fiIes.
你就这样保管你的税单?
You keep your fiIes Iike this?
不,实际上我是很挑剔的
No, actuaIIy I’m quite fastidious.
我把它们放在这盒子里 就是为了麻烦麻烦你的
I put them in this box just to screw with you.
嗨 – 嗨,你好啊
Hi. -Hi. How are you?
这个怎么样,阿鲁巴岛的
So how was it? Aruba.
帕斯卡女士 我能就这个收据问你点问题吗?
Ms. PascaI? Can I just ask you a question about this receipt?
太棒了 – 我只想知道这个9是不是7
It was fantastic. -Just wondering if this nine is a seven.
你做什么去了? – 我把皮肤晒成漂亮的褐色
And what did you do? -I got a beautifuI tan.
我猜这就是7吧 – 我是说,我感觉压力得到了释放
I’m just gonna guess it’s a seven. -I mean, I feeI stress-free.
要帮忙吗?
Do you need heIp with that?
走到天堂,我见到了总统
waIk to heaven. I see the president.
是税务检查员啊,检查员先生,你好 – 你好
It’s the taxman. HeIIo, Mr. Taxman. -Yeah.
你可以叫我哈罗德 – 好的
You can caII me HaroId. -Okay.
进行得怎么样? – 很好
How the numbers going? -Pretty good.
找到那22%了? – 22%?
Gonna find that 22 percent? -22 percent?
22,11乘以2,都是素数
Twenty-two, 1 1 times 2. It’s prime numbers.
你要收卫生间的税吗? – 不收
You gonna tax the bathroom? -No, I’m not gonna tax the bathroom.
那我能用一下吗? – 用吧
CouId I use the bathroom, then? -Go for it.
好的,我要去上卫生间了,回见
Okay. I wanna use the bathroom. Bye now.
回见
Bye-bye.
晚安
WeII, good night.
要一块曲奇吗?
You want a cookie?
不了
Oh, no.
吃吧,又热又甜,刚出炉的
Come on. They’re warm and gooey. They’re fresh out of the oven.
我不喜欢曲奇
No, I don’t Iike cookies.
你不喜欢曲奇?
You don’t Iike cookies?
你怎么回事? – 我不知道
What’s wrong with you? -I don’t know.
大家都喜欢曲奇 – 我知道
Everybody Iikes cookies. -No, I know.
我是说,你经历糟糕的一天后
I mean, after a reaIIy awfuI, no-good day…
你妈妈不给你做点牛奶曲奇吗?
…didn’t your mama ever make you miIk and cookies?
我妈妈不烤面包
No. My mother didn’t bake.
我只吃过商店买♥♥的
The onIy cookies I ever had were store-bought.
好吧,请坐
Okay. Sit down.
不,我… – 不
No, I’m– -No.
坐下
Sit down.
现在…
Now…
吃一块曲奇
…eat a cookie.
我真的不能吃…
I reaIIy can’t.
克拉克先生,这真是糟糕的一天
Mr. Crick, it was a reaIIy awfuI day.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!