她不想给你任何虚假的希望或类似的东西。-不不不不
She-she didn’t want to give you any false hope – or nothing like that. – No, no, no, no, no.
但这仍然很棒。
But that’s-that’s still great.
Akim存在。
Akim exists.
他杀了莉娜。
He killed Lina.
我知道。
I know.
我知道。
I know that.
你不知道那封信我写了多少遍又重写了多少遍。
You have no idea how many times I-I wrote and then rewrote that letter.
哦,我的上帝。
Oh, my God.
嗯,它起作用了。
Well, it worked.
是的。
Yeah.
也许上帝回应了我们的祈祷。
Maybe God answered our prayers.
谢谢你,爸爸。
Thank you, Dad.
非常感谢。
Thank you so much.
对不起,女士。
Excuse me, ma’am.
比尔贝克。我打电♥话♥问名单的事。
Bill Baker. Called about a list.
请等一下。
One moment please.
我不知道你对这个案子记得多少,但艾莉森来这里上大学,她就是在那里认识了莉娜。
I don’t know how much you remember about the case, but Allison came here for college, and that’s where she met this girl, Lina.
艾莉森和莉娜在一起,有天晚上他们大吵了一架,艾莉森去了一家酒吧。
Allison and Lina were… together, and one night they got in a big fight, and Allison went to a bar.
她就是在那里认识了那个叫阿基姆的。
That’s where she met this Akim guy.
他们喝了些饮料。
And they had some drinks.
他偷了她的钱包,艾莉森回家后,发现莉娜死了,就报了警。
He stole her purse, and… when Allison got home, she found Lina dead and called the police.
他们一直没能找到这个阿基姆。
And they never could find this Akim.
是他杀了莉娜
He’s the one who killed Lina.
你觉得呢?
What do you think?
嗯哼。
Mm-hmm.
你会说英语,对吧?
You speak English, right?
英语吗?
English?
是的。我是。
Yes. I am.
他妈的。
Fuck.
把信还给我。
Give me back the letter.
贝克先生。
Mr. Baker.
请。
Please.
我的办公室。
My office.
这个案子发生的时候我还在服役。
I was in service at the time of this case.
在警♥察♥局。
In the police.
你跟这个Okonedo谈过了吗?
Have you talked to this Okonedo?
——教授。——不,先生。
– The professor. – No, sir.
我知道你的律师为什么不想帮忙了。
I see why your lawyer doesn’t want to help.
某个孩子在派对上听到了谋杀的流言。
Some kid at a party hears gossip about a murder.
也许她还记得这个著名的案子。
Maybe she remembers this famous case.
为什么是现在?那是五年前的事了。
Why now? It was five years ago.
我儿子在监狱里待了这么久,五年。
That’s… that’s how long my kid’s been in jail, five years.
她知道我们要见面吗?
Does she know we are meeting?
你的孩子。
Your kid.
不,先生。
No, sir.
你有钱吗,贝克先生?
Are you rich, Mr. Baker?
没有,先生。
No, sir.
这是一个DNA案件。
This is a DNA case.
它意味着两个步骤。
It means two steps.
首先,我要找那个年轻人。
First, I look for the young man.
这并不容易。
That will not be easy.
人们会说话。他会试图消失。
People will talk. He will try to disappear.
如果我找到这个阿基姆,我就得拿到他的DNA样本然后利用我在警局的关系把它和犯罪现场的DNA做对比。
Then, if I find this Akim, I have to get a sample of his DNA and use my connections in the police to test it against the DNA from the crime scene.
多少钱?
How much?
12000美元?
$12,000?
欧元。
Euros.
谢谢你抽出时间。
Thank you for your time.
贝克先生。
Mr. Baker.
你相信你女儿是无辜的吗?
Do you believe your daughter is innocent?
我知道她是。
I know she is.
那也许看到她重获自♥由♥就不算什么了。
Then maybe it’s not so much to see her go free.
-打扰一下,女士。——是吗?
– Excuse me, ma’am. – Yes?
-能问你个问题吗?-当然可以。
– Ask you a question, please? – Yes, of course.
我只是太蠢了,一个人搞不懂。
I’m just too much of a dumbass to figure this out on my own.
我不会说法语。
I don’t speak French.
我能帮你什么吗?
Uh, how can I help you?
我在找一个在这里工作的人。
I’m looking for a guy, uh, who works here.
——是吗?-对不起打断一下。
– Oui? – Sorry to interrupt.
你会说英语吗?
Do you speak English?
我会。
I do.
找帕特里克·奥科内多。
Looking for Patrick Okonedo.
请坐。
Have a seat please.
没关系。我就在外面等着。
That’s all right. I’ll wait outside.
不,不,谢谢。加入派对。
No, no, please. Join the party.
这是令人印象深刻的,是吧?
It’s impressive, huh?
这是一间有博士学位的办公室。
It’s the kind of office a PhD will get you.
薄荷茶。
Mint tea.
我想和你在派对上跟艾莉森说的那个女孩谈谈。
I want to talk to the girl you told Allison about from the party.
是的。我也这么认为。
Yes. I assumed as much.
说实话,我一直对发生的事感到内疚。
To be honest, I’ve always felt guilty about what happened.
我应该提醒艾莉森的。
I should’ve warned Allison.
警告她?关于什么?
Warned her? About what?
我知道艾莉森和莉娜睡在一起,但我不知道莉娜搬去和她住了。
Well, I knew Allison and Lina were sleeping together, but I had no idea Lina had moved in with her.
我尽量不去怀疑这种类型的关系。贫民区的穷女孩,有钱的美国学生…但我却为自己的天真而感到内疚。
I try to not be cynical about these type of relationships… poor girl from the ghetto, rich American student… but then I end up being guilty of naivete.
艾利森出身贫寒。
Allison grew up poor.
她并不富有。
She isn’t rich.
有教养的。
Educated.
人们对文化精英有很多不满。
There is a lot of resentments towards the cultural elite.
但我相信你已经意识到了。
But I’m sure you’re aware of that.
派对上那个女孩呢?
What about the girl from the party?
——我的学生吗?-是的。
– My student? – Yeah.
她的名字叫Souad。
Her name is Souad.
她是外展项目的,莉娜和艾莉森刚认识的时候也参加了这个项目。
She’s from the outreach program, the same one Lina and Allison were involved with when they met.
她听到有人在说莉娜的谋杀案吗?
And she heard some guy talking about Lina’s murder?
这是她告诉我的。
This is what she told me.
我能和她说话吗?
Could I talk to her?
她会跟你谈的,是的。
She’ll talk to you, yes.
我把她的电♥话♥号♥码给你。
I’ll give you her phone number.
苏德英语说得不好。
Souad doesn’t speak English very well.
你需要有人来翻译。
You will need someone to translate.
你能帮我吗?
Oh, could you do that for me?
不,我不愿意。
No, I’d rather not.
我还在负责外展项目。
I’m still running the outreach program.
我不能和你在一起。
I cannot be associated with you.
或者你女儿,在发生了那些事之后。
Or your daughter, after what happened.
不管我个人的看法是什么。
Whatever my personal opinion may be.
我的女儿是无辜的。
My daughter’s innocent.
祝你好运。
I wish you good luck.
帕特丽夏,恐怕我又需要帮助了。
Hey, Patricia, afraid I need some help again.
我明天要参加一个很特别的生日聚会,我把地址弄丢了。
I’m supposed to attend a very special birthday tomorrow, and I lost the address.
你好吗?
Bonjour?
嗨。比尔•贝克。
Hi. It’s Bill Baker.
能再重复一遍吗?
Pardon?
-比尔,从酒店来的——啊,比尔。
– Bill, from the hotel. – Ah, Bill.
是的,我顺路过来。对不起……-最后一层。——好的。
Yeah, I was stopping by. Sorry to… – Uh, last floor. – All right.
嗨,比尔。
Hi, Bill.
嘿,玛雅。
Hey, Maya.
我有东西给你。
I got something for you.
这是一个机器人。
It’s a robot.
-嗨。-嗨。对不起,打扰了。
– Hi. – Hi. Sorry to intrude.
不,没关系。进来吧。
No, it’s okay. Come in.
我有几个朋友过来。
Um, I have some friends over.
哦。
Oh.
你怎么找到我们的?
How did you find us?
前台的女士给了我你的地址,因为我要给一个女孩打电♥话♥,但她不会说英语,这是私事。
Oh, the lady at reception gave me your address ’cause there’s this girl I need to call, but she don’t speak English, and it’s kind of personal.
你想让我帮你打个电♥话♥。是这样吗?
Ah, you want me to make the call for you. Is that right?
好的,女士,不过我下次再来。
Yes, ma’am, but I’ll come back another time.
不,它很好。刚进来。
No, it’s fine. Uh, just come in.
让我拿一下手♥机♥。
Just let me grab my phone.
来了。
Come.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!