But yesterday, you had some kind of theory.
我也跟警♥察♥说了
I explained to the policeman
如果爱德华带着一个有狂想症的病人去度假
that if Edwardes took along with him on a vacation a paranoid patient,
他这个傻瓜比我想象的还要傻
he was a bigger fool than I ever knew he was.
他这简直是在玩火自焚
It is the same as playing with a loaded gun.
你是说患者也许杀害了他?
Do you think this patient might have killed him?
我无可奉告 我又不是侦探
I’m not thinking anything. I’m not a bloodhound.
可是你们不是老朋友吗?
Was Dr. Edwardes a great friend of yours?
你这是什么意思 他是个无可救药的家伙
What are you talking about? The man was impossible.
你们在纽约时曾经吵过架
You had a quarrel with him when you were back in New York, I understand.
不在纽约 是在波士顿精神病学会里
Not New York. In Boston at the psychiatry convention.
什么样的医生治疗病人是通过
What kind of an analyst is it who wants to cure psychosis
滑雪运动或打保龄的
by taking people skating or to a bowling alley?
听说你还动手打了他
I understand you threatened to punch his nose.
我只是起身走出房♥间时
All I did was get up and walk out,
踢翻了几把没人坐的椅子
and kick over a few chairs which nobody was sitting in.
所以你们不要再问下去了
So you don’t have to ask me any more questions.
你们都知道了
You have now the facts.
谢谢你了 对不起 打搅你了
Well, thank you very much. I’m sorry to have bothered you.
有了线索再来找你
If anything turns up, we’ll let you know.
再见 太太
Goodbye, ma’am.
再见 先生 – 再见
Good night, sir. – Good night.
他们干嘛老是找我来打听
What do you suppose they are snooping around me for?
要这么下去会对我逼供了
Next they will give me the third degree.
阿力克斯 见到你真高兴 本来要写信
Alex, I’m so glad to see you. I was going to write to you
没想到这么快 我结婚了
but it happened so suddenly. I got married.
谁结婚了
Who is married?
阿力克斯 我丈夫约翰·布朗
Why, Alex, my husband, John Brown.
名正言顺地来见你
I’m glad to meet you officially.
你们结婚了
So you are married.
天下好事莫过于新婚了
There is nothing so nice as a new marriage.
精神正常 卿卿我我 没有犯罪心理
No psychoses yet, no aggressions, no guilt complexes.
恭喜你们啦
I congratulate you
我祝愿你们多生几个胖娃娃
and wish you have babies and not phobias.
像过去一样 来喝杯啤酒吧
How about we have a glass of beer like in the old days?
可是我们还没找到旅馆 旅馆里都住满了
The truth is that we have no hotel room. All the hotels were so crowded.
干嘛去住旅馆
What do you want with a hotel?
那是有钱人住的 不是度蜜月的
That’s for millionaires, not for lovebirds on a honeymoon.
你们就住这儿
You will stay right here.
看看我怎么吃罐头过日子
Look how I’m living by myself with a can opener.
我的管家参军了 秘书参加陆军妇女队
My housekeeper has gone to war, my secretary is a WAC.
请了个女佣人 她不会做饭 还挺恨我
And I’ve got a cleaning woman who can’t cook and who hates me.
就住这儿吧 每天早晨给我烧壶咖啡
Cook me my coffee in the morning, and the house is yours.
你太好了 阿力克斯 – 这是应该的
That’s wonderful of you, Alex. – There’s nothing wonderful about me.
她是我的老助手
It’s nice to see my old assistant.
我有过的最年轻最好的助手
The youngest, but the best one I ever had.
有没有变呢?
But who knows now.
就像我一个老朋友说过的
As my old friend Zannenbaum used to say,
“女人在他们讲恋爱之前
“Women make the best psychoanalysts,
“最适合当医生
“till they fall in love.
“恋爱之后 就只能当病人了”
“After that, they make the best patients.”
晚安 做个好梦
Good night and happy dreams,
明天拿出来分♥析♥一下
which we will analyze at breakfast.
晚安 布鲁诺夫博士 太谢谢了
Good night, Dr. Brulov. Thanks for everything.
康斯坦丝的丈夫就等于是我的丈夫
Any husband of Constance is a husband of mine, so to speak.
晚安 阿力克斯 – 晚安
Good night, Alex. – Good night.
他居然不把警♥察♥放在眼里
He was superb with the police.
可不
Was I?
把他们像走私犯一样赶走
Carried it off like a grade-A gun monger.
起先我真有点懵了 不过后来峰回路转
I felt terribly stupid for a few minutes but it turned out very well.
教授没有看起来那么聪明
Providing the professor isn’t wiser than he seems.
不会吧
Alex? No.
这里和我在的时候不一样
Things are different here. Someone’s been here since my time.
教授不会多想 他很和蔼
Alex didn’t think anything. He’s sweet.
也许是吧 可是他连我们不带行李也没问
He may be sweet, but he didn’t even ask us where our bags were.
他一向如此 不喜欢于人打交道
Alex is always like that, in a complete dream state socially.
这间屋子好像变了
Do you know, this room does look changed,
其实没变
but it isn’t.
是我自己变了 这就叫做情感转移
It’s I who have changed. It’s called transfer of affects.
转移到哪儿了
What is?
所有的东西都显得那么美好
The fact that everything seems so wonderful in this room.
情感就这么转移
That’s what it’s called, is it?
看见警♥察♥不高兴了
Did the police disturb you?
不 度蜜月 谁管他们呢
No. One ignores such trifles on a honeymoon.
这是你的第一次蜜月吗?
I take it this is your first honeymoon?
是的
Yes.
如果这是蜜月的话
I mean, it would be if it were.
像这样接吻 还从来没个女人像这样吻过我
For what it’s worth, I can’t remember ever having kissed any other woman.
像这样的接吻 对于我是第一次
I have nothing to remember of that nature, either.
太好了
You’re very sweet.
我可不是孩子
Of course I’m no child.
那当然
Far from it.
我们都是能够克制自己的人
I’m well aware that we’re all bundles of inhibitions.
像炸♥药♥库
Dynamite dumps!
不
No.
请你别这样 – 怎么?
Please don’t do that. – Why not?
这不符合规矩 我是大夫
It isn’t ethical. I’m here as your doctor.
你别着急 大夫 我睡在沙发上
Well, you can stop worrying, Doctor. I’m going to sleep on the couch.
这也不符合规矩
No, that’s also unethical.
没你这么多的规矩
Now, this honeymoon is complicated enough
这次蜜月已经够复杂的了
without your dragging medical ethics into it.
睡地板也不行吧
I suppose the floor is out?
按规矩病人睡在床上
The patient always sleeps in the bed.
大夫睡在沙发上 不脱衣服
The doctor occupies the couch, fully dressed.
你可真不含糊
I see you know the rules.
你想起什么了
You remember something.
没有
No.
这儿叫你想起什么了
This room reminds you of something.
没有
No.
你在抵♥制♥记忆 你在想什么?
You’re resisting a memory. What is in your mind?
不知道 – 你知道 你是不说
I don’t know. – Yes, you do! You’re resisting it.
你又来了
Don’t start that again.
又装出那副聪明样 收起这一套吧
Don’t stand there with that wiseacre look. I’m sick of your double talk.
你刚才看着床感到害怕
You were looking at the bed. What frightens you?
白线条
White lines.
我用叉子在台布上划道你也害怕
When I made fork marks on the tablecloth, they agitated you.
那天你亲我 你推开我因为我的睡衣
The night you kissed me, you pushed me away because of my robe.
是白的 上头有黑条子
It was white, it had dark lines on it.
想想看你为什么怕白颜色 怕线条
Try to think. Why does the color white frighten you? Why do lines frighten you?
想白颜色 – 我怕白的 不敢看
Think of white. White. – It frightens me. I can’t look.
别跑 站住 看着白床罩 看着它 回忆
Don’t turn away. Stand still. Look at the white spread. Look at it, remember!
亲爱的
Darling.
亲爱的
Oh, darling.
你不要害怕
You mustn’t be frightened.
别怕 我们有了新发现
You mustn’t. We are making progress.
发现其中有白颜色
We have the word “white” on our side.
是你吗 布朗先生
Is that you, Mr. Brown?
我猜着就是你
Oh, I thought it was you.
我睡不着 所以下来工作了
I was unable to sleep, so I came down to work.
人上了岁数 就不大想睡觉了
When you are old, you don’t need to sleep so much.
我刚倒了一杯牛奶 准备吃点饼干
I’m just having a glass of milk and some crackers.
你也来点
Join me, please.
我再去倒一杯
I’ll get another glass.
正愁没人陪我呢
I’m glad to have company.
一个人吃饼干喝牛奶 没有意思
Nobody likes to have crackers and milk by himself.
我年轻的时候 我总是这么说
When I was a young man, I was always saying,
“我要不跟别人打交道
“If I could only get alone by myself
“让我独自一个人支配这些时间
“instead of wasting my time with people,
“那我就高兴了”
“I would be happy.”
现在我刚好相反
Now I am saying just the opposite.
这就是老年的规律