He has told us already in his dream.
把笔记给我看
Let me see your notes.
给他吃点药吧
What can we do for him?
你不是他妈妈 你是个大夫
You’re not his mama, you’re an analyst.
别管他 他自己会慢慢好的
Leave him alone. He’ll come out of this by himself.
那个屋顶
The sloping roof.
意思只能是一座山
That means only mountainside.
他们去滑雪
They were skiing.
那个留胡子的老头儿是爱德华大夫
The father image, the bearded man, is Dr. Edwardes.
对了 爱德华大夫滑雪从悬崖上掉下来了
That’s very simple. Dr. Edwardes plunged over the precipice while skiing.
后来一个影子死命在山上追他
And then a shadow chases him up and down a hill.
就是说他从峡谷里逃出来
That could mean he was escaping from a valley.
滑雪地经常叫什么谷 像太阳谷
Skiing resorts are often called valleys. Like Sun Valley.
有一个什么长着翅膀的怪物在追赶他
He was being pursued by a winged figure, a witch or a harpy.
不 那怪物是你
No. The figure was you.
你长了翅膀 就像一个天使了
If you grew wings, you would be an angel.
这梦就是要说出那地名
The dream’s trying to tell him the name of the resort.
天使 天使谷
Angel. Angel Valley.
你记得天使谷吗?
Do you remember Angel Valley?
不
No.
打电♥话♥给旅行社 查一查所有的地名
We can call a travel agency and check all the resort names.
它不叫天使谷
It wasn’t Angel Valley.
记起来了
I remember it.
那个地方叫加百列谷
It was a place called Gabriel Valley.
你还想起什么了
What else do you remember now?
梦里那个戴面具的人是谁?
Who was the masked figure in your dream?
滑雪事故 出过事故你记得吗
It was an accident. Do you remember that, a skiing accident?
爱德华大夫从悬崖掉下去了
Dr. Edwardes went over a snow cliff.
不是事故 我这样受不了 受不了
It was no accident! I can’t stand this anymore. I’ve had enough of it.
一定要报♥警♥察局
We’ve got to call the police.
不 我们去加百列谷 你要陪着我去
No. We have to go to Gabriel Valley. You’ve got to go with me.
库里回来 把这交给他
This is for Cooley when he comes in.
知道了
I’ll tell him.
4点45分 谢谢 再见
At 4:45? Thank you. Goodbye.
过一小时有趟火车
There’s a train leaving in an hour.
我们就直接去加百列谷
We can make connections for Gabriel Valley.
我真的不准备去 我不能再连累你了
I know what I have to do. I can’t go on endangering you.
昨晚的事我知道
I know about last night.
昨晚没事
Nothing happened.
会出事的 不能让我再出事了
But it will. I’ve got to end it before it does.
我爱你 可我不值得你爱
I love you, but I’m not worth loving.
你以后再帮助我吧
Darling, you can help me afterward.
没有什么以后了
There’s no help afterward.
如果你的病没好 就到警♥察♥局去自首
If you give yourself up to the police in your condition,
我们就没有什么以后了 我能治好你
there’s no afterwards for either of us. I can cure you.
可解脱不了谋杀事件
But you can’t undo a murder.
根本没有谋杀
There is none to undo.
我杀死了他 – 别说了
I killed him. – Stop it.
还差点杀了你
And now, you… Last night…
别拦我 让我走
Don’t try to stop me, I’ve got to go.
有罪 有罪 你一直认为你有罪吗?
Guilt, guilt, you’ve lived with it for a long time, haven’t you?
是的
Yes.
从小时候起 – 什么?
Since childhood. – What?
你从小时候起 就一直在逃避什么
Ever since your childhood, you’ve tried to run away from something.
什么事你都觉得你有罪
You’ve always felt guilty about everything that happened around you.
你小时候究竟出过什么事?
What was it in your youth?
这事一定很可怕
It must have been terrible for you
使你宁愿以为自己杀了爱德华
to prefer to think you murdered Edwardes
也不想回忆起过
rather than remember what happened long ago.
你说你爱我
You said you love me.
就该明白为什么我要这样
Look at me. Then, why am I fighting for you?
因为我爱你 我需要你
Because I love you. Because I need you.
我不值得
But I’m nothing.
我要你跟我去加百列谷
I want you to come with me to Gabriel Valley.
那有什么用
What good will that do?
当你看到出事的地点你就会想起来了
When you see the hill where the accident happened, you’ll remember it.
像过去跟爱德华一样去滑雪
We’ll go skiing together as you did with Edwardes.
我在那儿杀了他
I was there, I killed him.
你会想起真实情况 你是无辜的
You’ll see your innocence, you’ll see what really happened.
你想重演过去的事
You mean, because it will happen again?
是的
Yes.
我要真杀过人呢?
And what if I killed him?
是不是把事件重演
Isn’t it true that if the episode’s repeated,
我会做出跟过去同样的事情
I’m likely to do the same thing I did before?
你怎么知道我不会再杀人?
Then how do you know I won’t kill again?
因为我相信你根本没有杀过人
Because I’m convinced you didn’t kill in the first place.
甚至不惜冒生命的危险?
You believe in me enough to take such a chance?
是这样的
Of course I do.
我们一起去划雪场吧
We’re going back to that ski run.
那样就能查出你小时候到底出过什么事
We’ll find out what it was in your childhood
影响你一生
that’s haunted you all your life.
我们据此也可查出爱德华大夫的下落了
We’ll also find out what happened to Dr. Edwardes.
见过这人吗?
Did you ever see her before?
走吧
Let’s go.
我买♥♥了好些时髦衣服 可我从来也不敢穿
I’ve always loved very feminine clothes, but never quite dared to wear them.
不过这事告一段落
But I’m going to after this,
我会穿我喜欢的衣服
I’m going to wear exactly the things that please me.
还有你
And you.
甚至戴时髦帽子
Even very funny hats.
叫人看得有点飘飘然
You know, the kind that makes you look a little drunk?
穿上吧
Put them on.
我小时候有件事
It was something in my childhood.
小时候有件事
Something in my childhood.
我想起来了
I remember now.
我杀了我弟弟
I killed my brother.
我没杀我弟弟 这是个事故 是个事故
I didn’t kill my brother. It was an accident. It was an accident!
它折磨了你一辈子 这就是你不敢想起的记忆
That’s what’s haunted you all your life. That was the memory you were afraid of.
就像在看老的照相本
It’s like looking into a picture book, an old one,
在看一张张老的照片
seeing the familiar pictures one at a time.
我上过哥伦比亚医学院 认识个爱笑的姑娘
I went to Columbia Medical School, met a girl with a giggle,
幸好后来嫁给我同学肯恩
who luckily married my roommate, Ken.
哦 还忘了 我叫约翰·巴伦泰
Oh, and by the way, my name’s John Ballyntine.
很高兴认识你
I’m very pleased to meet you.
另外我在部队表现很好 是复员的
Another thing, my Army record’s all right. I was invalided out.
我是在坎伯兰山上休养的时候
I ran into Dr. Edwardes when I was in the Cumberland Mountains,
认识爱德华大夫的
trying to recover from some kind of nerve shock I got
在飞机坠落以后不久
when the plane crashed.
我请他替我看病
He was on vacation but I asked him to help me,
他就叫我跟他一起去滑雪
and he invited me to go skiing with him.
在纽约的时候 我好像记得
We went through New York. I seem to remember
我们到一个地方吃过饭 不过记不太清了
going to lunch somewhere. It’s still a little vague about that luncheon part.
到了这里以后 就在那个地方出事了
Then we arrived here, and the accident happened at that spot.
你救我的那儿
Where you saved me.
到底是谁救谁 那就很难说了
Now, let’s not have any confusion about who saved whom.
他一下子摔下去了 记得不是很清晰 不过…
Yes, he went over there, all right. It’s still a little foggy. But…
我记得爱德华摔下去的时候 在我前面五十英尺
I do know that Edwardes was about 50 feet ahead of me
我看见他摔的
when he went over. I saw him plunge.
这件事情刺♥激♥了你 激起了你的犯罪心理
That was the thing that set you off. That stirred up your old guilt complex
让你觉得你杀了他
and made you think that you’d killed him.
所以你又想逃避了
Then you had to run away from that, too.
于是你就冒充爱德华大夫
Then you took on the role of Dr. Edwardes
向你自己表明他没有死 不是你杀了他
to prove to yourself he wasn’t dead, so therefore, you had not killed him.
教授 没想到你比我在失去记忆的时候还要美
Professor, I never quite realized in my amnesic state how lovely you are.
现在恢复了记忆 不要再遗失了
Now that you got your head back, you mustn’t lose it again.
我看我 恢复不了了
It’s too late. I’m beyond cure.
当精神医师有何感想
How does it feel to be a great analyst?
不错啊
Not so bad.
当个侦探呢
And a great detective?
也不错
Wonderful.
我被你迷住了
And madly adored?
太美妙了