我在音乐会见过他一次
I saw him with the philharmonic once.
我喜爱他的音乐 但我从未听过这个曲子
I love his music, but I’ve never heard this piece.
是吗?
Really?
那我哪天介绍给你听听
Well, I’ll introduce you to it sometime.
抱歉我们用了你的马车这么久 谢谢
Sorry we had the carriage so long. Thank you.
看到那家伙的脸吗?
See that guy’s face?
我们耽误了马的午觉
They’re gonna hang us for horse-napping.
把舌头伸出来
Stick out your tongue.
嗯? – 把舌头伸出来
Huh? Stick out your tongue.
为什么?
Why?
喔,不
No.
这是我一生中最奇特的时刻 克利尔先生
The most peculiar moment in my life, Mr. Collier.
我认为你会适应的,麦肯娜小姐
I think you’ll survive it, Miss McKenna.
现在几点了?
What time is it now?
4点30分
4:30.
我得回去了 – 你一定要回去了吗?
Well, I must be getting back.
你不能再待一会儿吗? – 不行,我得休息一会儿
You have to? Can’t you stay a little longer? No, I have to rest awhile.
今晚有演出 – 对,演出
The play.
很漂亮
It’s lovely.
你从哪里买♥♥来的?
Where did you get it?
人家送我的
It was given to me.
我们走吧?
Well, shall we?
那么…
So,
团员什么时候离开?
when’s the company leave?
今晚
Tonight.
你们要去哪里?
Where are you going?
丹佛
Denver.
谢谢你给我这么愉快的下午
Well, thank you for a most pleasant afternoon.
我们能不能再谈一会儿?
Could we talk just a little longer?
我真的该休息一会儿,我… – 求求你
I really should rest awhile. Please.
好吧,我们再谈一会儿
Very well, then. Just for a moment or so.
你想谈什么?
What did you want to talk about?

No.
天啊
Oh, my God.
这是怎么啦?
What’s happening?
麦肯娜?
McKenna?
麦肯娜?
McKenna?
进来
Come in.
我想你最好离开
I think you’d better go.
你是不是一直在等我们回来?
Have you been waiting all this time for our return?
现在不是讨论… – 是不是?
This is hardly the time for discussion… Have you?
是的!你感到惊讶吗?
Yes. Does that surprise you?
我们的关系是完全公事上的
Our relationship is strictly business.
完全公事上的?
Strictly business?
我对你来说只是女演员,罗宾森先生
I’m involved with you as an actress, Mr. Robinson, not a doormat.
不要干涉我私人的事
Do not attempt to wipe your boots on me.
理查…
Richard.
我会在剧院门口留一张票给你
I shall leave a ticket for you at the theater door.
在控制中超越,麦肯娜?
“Excess within control,” McKenna?
再见
Au revoir.
晚安,小姐 – 一点也不好
Good evening, miss. Not good at all.
而且很糟
Particularly bad.
我不会再下楼了 – 喔,怎么了,小姐?
I’ll not go downstairs again. What is it, miss?
我刚才跟我爸爸决定 和我结婚的男人用晚餐
I’ve just been dining with the man my father is determined that I wed.
喔,银行家哈维尔 – 银行家哈维尔,是的
Banker Harwell. Banker Harwell, yes.
他67岁…
All 67 years,
五尺四寸的身高和数百磅的体重!
and 5’4″ of height and several hundred pounds of him!
但他确实很有钱,小姐
He does have money, though, miss.
而从未让人忘记这点
And never lets a soul forget it.
我很吃惊他会渴望结婚
I’m amazed he has the least desire to marry.
他和他的黄金结婚就很幸福了
He’s so happily wedded to his gold.
也许他不会那么糟糕,小姐
Perhaps he won’t be that bad, miss.
他一定有什么让你喜欢的地方
There must be something you like about ‘im.
对,他不在的时候!
Yes, his absence.
我梦想的男人现在已经几乎消失了
The man of my dreams has almost faded now.
那是什么样的男人,小姐?
And what man is that, miss?
那是我在我的脑海中创造的人…
The one I have created in my mind.
那种男人是…
The sort of man
每个女人在她心中 最深最隐密之处所梦想的
each woman dreams of in the deepest and most secret reaches of her heart.
我现在几乎能看到他在我面前
I can almost see him now before me.
如果他真的在这里 我会对他说什么呢?
What would I say to him if he were really here?
“请原谅我
“Forgive me.
我从未有过这种感觉
“I’ve never known this feeling.
我一生都不曾有过这种感觉
“I’ve lived without it all my life.
那么我认不出你 会有什么好惊奇的呢?
“Is it any wonder, then, I failed to recognize you?
是你第一次给我带来这种感觉
“You’ve brought it to me for the first time.
有没有任何方法…
“Is there any way
可以让我告诉你 我的生命是如何的有了改变?
“that I can tell you how my life has changed?
有没有任何方式可以让你知道…
“Any way at all to let you know
你给我带来什么甜蜜?
what sweetness you have given me?
我有许多话要说…
“There is so much to say.
却找不到适当的言语
“I cannot find the words,
除了这句话…
“except for these,
我爱你”
“I love you.”
如果他真的在这里 这就是我会对他说的
And such would I say to him if he were really here.
以上帝之名,你在干什么?
What in God’s name were you doing?
没什么 – 没什么?
Nothing. Nothing?
改写整个第一幕?
Rewriting the entire first scene?
我又没有搞乱剧情 – 伊莱丝,你能等一下吗?
I got it back on course. Elise, hold a moment.
我们一定要照那张照片
We’ve just got to take that photograph.
好吧,不要太久,我得去换衣服
Very well. Just a moment, I have to change.
快点!
Quickly!
挥舞一下
And a little flourish.
好,好,非常漂亮,非常漂亮
Yes, yes. Yes, very pretty. Very pretty.
一会儿就好,我们来拍了
Just one moment. Here we go.
我要调整镜头
I’m just going to focus on that lovely…
好,好,我要把照片放进去
Yes, yes, yes! I’m just going to put in the plate.
等一下,好了
One moment. There we go.
请微笑
A little smile, please.
不够好,或许想一些让你高兴的事情
Not quite. Perhaps if you think of something happy or bright.
对,就是这样,就是这样,不要动
Yes, that’s it. That’s it. Hold it.
太完美了!
Perfect! Absolutely perfect.
我说,我要得到她
I say, I shall have her!
只要我还在,你就不能
Not in my life, you shall not.
克利尔先生?
Mr. Collier? I am the one who loves her!
给你的
For you.
你也没有
Neither do you.
我可以为她使生命丰富
I can provide her with life’s enrichments,
而不只生活富足
rather than the riches of life.
“先生,我必须立即跟你谈谈 这件事攸关生死,所以不要让我失望”
“我在剧院后面等你 威廉罗宾森”
我觉得还是老歌♥最好听
I think an old song says it best.
你知道我和麦肯娜小姐在一起 有多少年了吗?
Do you have any notion how many years I have been with Miss McKenna?
从1903年3月
Since March of 1903.
1903年3月
March, 1903.
完全正确
That’s correct.
当时她16岁
She was 16 at the time.
她那时在肮脏的舞台上…
There she was on that dingy stage
演着可悲的戏剧
in that pathetic play.
却完全发出光辉
Total radiance.
我只花了几秒钟 就完全看出她会成为什么?
It only took seconds for me to realize exactly what she had to be.
成为罗宾森太太吗?
Mrs. Robinson?
你真的认为…
Do you actually believe
我这些年来培养她、照顾她 塑造、教导、发展她…
that I have nurtured her, cared for her, molded, taught, developed her for all these years
只为了让她成为妻子?
merely to groom a wife?
那是为什么呢?
What, then?
使她成为明星
A star.
只有你这种乳臭未干的小子
Only someone with the limited awareness of your age
才会以为我只对她的身体感兴趣
could possibly conceive that my entire passion for this woman is no more than physical!
你能不能了解…
Are you incapable of understanding that
她可以成为 这个年代最伟大的女演员?
she has it within herself to be one of the greatest, if not the greatest actress of her generation?

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!