不,不,不是克利尔先生
No, no, no. It’s not Mr. Collier.
嘘!嘘! – 什么?
What? Marie.
玛莉,她睡在另一个房♥间
She’s sleeping in the other room.
玛莉? – 我的女佣
Marie? My maid. Oh.
对不起
I’m sorry.
嗯…我的名字当然是克利尔…
Well, of course my name is Mr. Collier.
不过我希望你叫我理查
But I was hoping you’d call me by my first name, Richard.
为什么? – 我也不知道
Why should I? I don’t know.
只是希望你会愿意
Just hoped you would.
我今天什么时候可以见到你?
When can I see you today?
我要排练一整天
I shall be rehearsing all day.
一整天?真疯狂!你不能… – 嘘!别把她吵醒
All day! That’s crazy! You can’t… Don’t wake her up.
那你愿意和我一起散步吗? 可以吗?
Will you walk with me? Can you do that much?
我不行
I can’t.
小姐,如果你不和我一起散步 我将会发疯的!
Young woman, if you do not walk with me, I shall go mad,
肯定会发疯 并且对自己做疯狂的事情
positively insane and do crazed things to myself.
和我一起散步吧,求求你
Walk with me. Please.
说“理查”,也就是我 “谢谢你”
Say, “Richard,” that’s me.
“我愿意和你一起散步 谈谈天,多认识你,并且…”
“Thank you. I would love to walk with you and talk with you and get to know you
“不再怕你,以解决所有的疑问”
“and not be afraid of you and resolve everything.”
说“好”吧
Say, “Yes.”

Yes.
一点钟
1:00.
在旅馆外面
Outside the hotel.
她为我疯狂
She’s crazy about me.
我能说服你加入我吗?
Can I persuade you to join me?
你从哪里来的,克利尔?
Where are you from, Collier?
芝加哥,你从哪里来的,先生?
Chicago. Where are you from, sir?
我听说…你是个剧作家
I’m given to understand that you’re a playwright.
没错
You understand correctly.
你一定梦想见到麦肯娜小姐…
No doubt you dream of seeing Miss McKenna
参加你的戏剧演出
in one of your opera.
我想你写过不只一部吧?
That’s plural for opus. I presume you’ve written more than one? Mmm.
并且看到它们演出过
And seen them produced.
是吗?
Really? Mm-hmm.
我对过去十年美国舞台剧的成就 并不是完全不熟悉
I’m not entirely unacquainted with the achievements of the American stage in the past decade.
也许我看过吗? – 我想没有
Perhaps I’ve seen one? No, I doubt it.
我想我也永远不会看到 麦肯娜小姐参加你的戏剧演出
I also doubt very much that I shall ever see one graced by Miss McKenna.
你不会真的认为我是为此而来的吧?
You don’t really believe that’s why I’m here, do you?
那你为什么来这里?
Why are you here?
为了钱吗?
Is it money?
我想你其实也没真的这样想
I don’t think you really believe that either.
有法律的存在,克利尔
There is a law, Collier.
我警告你,我不会犹豫让它生效的
I warn you. I will not hesitate to make avail of it.
是吗?用什么罪名?
Yes? On what charge?
事情结束了,先生 – 还没有
The matter’s concluded, sir. No.
是的,你走着瞧吧
Yes. You may depend on it.
早安,先生 – 早安
Good morning, sir. Good morning.
对不起,亚瑟!
Excuse me. Arthur!
请原谅,先生
Forgive me again, sir.
我很抱歉,先生
I’m very sorry, sir.
没关系
That’s quite all right.
我要一个房♥间
I’d like a room, please.
喔…你还没有吗?
Oh. Don’t you have one?
昨晚我来的时候身体不舒服 所以我和一位朋友在一起
Well, I was rather ill when I arrived last night. So I stayed with a friend.
原来如此
Ah, I see.
还有房♥间吗?
You do have a room, sir?
喔…有的
Yes, yes.
谢谢
Thank you.
一间单人房♥,一天三元
One single. $3 a day.
浴室另外收费
Bathroom privileges extra.
请在登记簿上签名
Would you care to sign the register now, sir? Um…
抱歉
Excuse me.
对不起,你确定这是正确的房♥间吗?
I’m sorry. Are you sure this is the right room?
正确的房♥间? 我不了解你的意思
The right room, sir? I don’t understand.
喔,对不起,贝尔先生 那个房♥间已经被预订了
I’m sorry, Mr. Biehl. That room is reserved.
我忘记放上标示
Forgot to put a notice in the slot.
我很抱歉
I’m very sorry.
对了
Right,
我要签名吗? – 请签名
shall I sign? Would you, please?
对不起
Excuse me.
让我帮你填
Let me just finish that for you.
大饭店
Grand Hotel.
9点18分
9:18. I’m sorry…
谢谢
Thank you, sir.
宾果! – 你说什么?
Bingo. I beg your pardon?
喔…没什么
Oh, nothing.
你的行李在哪一个房♥间?
Which room is your luggage in, sir?
没关系,我待会自己去拿
It’s no problem. I can get it later myself.
多谢
Thank you very much.
待会见,亚瑟
See you around, Arthur.
早安 – 早安
Morning. Morning.
令人惊讶
Astonishing.
你好 – 你好
Hello. Hello!
你看起来真漂亮 – 谢谢
You look lovely. Thank you.
我们走吧? – 当然
Shall we? Certainly.
对不起,我迟到了
Sorry I’m late. Complications.
你的脸怎么了? – 我刮到脸了
What did you do to your face? Shaved.
新的刮胡刀不够锋利
New blade wasn’t quite sharp enough.
你看起来像是用了更锋利的刀片
I shudder to think what you’d look like if the blade were any sharper.
喔,不,我不敢相信
No. I don’t believe it.
应该给他奖励,他好像猎犬一样
Gotta give him credit. He’s like a bulldog.
你要我跟他谈谈吗?
Would you like me to speak to him?
没有用的
Wouldn’t do a bit of good.
我想我知道什么会有用
I think I know what would, though.
等等我!
Whoa! Wait for me! Whoa!
克利尔先生…
Mr. Collier,
当一名成功的女演员不是容易的事
it isn’t easy being a successful actress.
这些年来,我…
Over the years, I…
我发现必须保护我自己
I found it necessary to protect myself.
所以请你了解…
So understand, please understand.
甚至我今天和你在一起…
That I’m even with you today
然而我们昨晚才刚相遇
when we only met last night.
为什么你说“是你吗”?
Why did you say, is it you?
我在等…
I was expecting.
等我?
Me?
等一个人
Someone.
谁?
Who?
告诉我
Tell me.
我怕你会笑 – 为什么?很有趣吗?
I think you’ll laugh. Why? Is it funny?
从某方面来看很有趣
In a way.
威廉告诉过我你会来
William told me you were coming.
罗宾森? – 是的
Robinson? Yes.
他知道,不知道为什么
He knows somehow.
他真的知道
He really does.
他经常能预知未来的事
He knew a lot of things before they happened,
我的事业,我的…
my career, my…
他告诉过我…
He told me that
有一天我会遇见一个男人…
one day I would meet a man who’d
他会改变我的一生
change my life.
他有没有告诉过你 你会怕那个人?
Did he tell you that man would be someone to be afraid of?
是的
Yes.
那么…
And
你现在怎么想?你…
what do you think now? Do you…
你相信他吗?
Do you believe that?

No.
你显然不可怕
You’re obviously not.
很好听!
That’s beautiful.
这是什么曲子?
What is it?
拉赫曼尼诺夫的狂想曲
That’s Rachmaninoff, from the Rhapsody.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!