好吧,好吧,我们再来一次
Very well, very well. Let us take it again.
从头再来
From the beginning.
早先的薪饷,我们将按月支付
A yearly stipend, shall we say, paid for by the month.
不管你们要求什么…
Whatever you desire.
你好
Hello.
再来一次,玛德琳
Take it again, Madeline.
为何不将她放在秤上,论磅出♥售♥
Why not put her on the scale and sell her by the pound?
我可以跟你谈谈吗,麦肯娜小姐? 我可以…
May I speak to you, please, Miss McKenna? May I…
我可以跟…
May I please speak to…
麦肯娜小姐…不,不
Miss McKenna. No. No.
伊莱丝,我可以…
Elise, may I…
天啊
Oh, boy!
麦肯娜小姐…午安,麦肯娜小姐
Miss McKenna. Good afternoon, Miss McKenna.
我是… – 慌张吗,亲爱的?
I’m, um… Flustered, my sweet?
你想进来吗?
Are you come in.
你以前从没见过穿便服的女演员吗?
Never seen an actress en deshabille before?
我在…我在找麦肯娜小姐
Uh, I’m looking for Miss McKenna, please.
她可能在湖边散步,亲爱的 – 谢谢
Most likely walking by the lake, my dear. Thank you.
小心点,小伙子 – 对不起
Watch it, sonny. Sorry. Excuse me.
是你吗?
Is it you?
是吗?
Is it?
是的
Yes.
你还好吗? – 是的,很好
Are you all right? Yes, yes, quite all right.
抱歉,我吓到你了 – 你没有
I’m sorry if I startled you. No, you didn’t startle me.
我想我有 – 我现在带你去用晚餐
I think I did. I’ll take you in to dinner now.
我可以跟你谈谈吗?
May I speak to you, please?
有什么事吗?
Anything the matter?
那个年轻人是谁?
Who was that young man?
我不知道
I’ve no idea.
他没说名字吗? – 没时间说
He gave no name? There was hardly time.
你们在交谈吗? – 没有
You were conversing, McKenna. No.
没有真的交谈
Well, not really.
不需要回头,他跟着我们
No, no need to look back. He’s following us.
继续走,我会马上跟上
Keep on walking. I’ll be right along.
你住在这里吗,先生? – 你是罗宾森
Are you a guest here, sir? You’re Robinson.
你住在这家旅馆吗?
Are you a guest of the hotel? Uh…
是的
Yes. Yes, I am.
那我必须要求你 不要再打扰麦肯娜小姐
Then I must ask you to stop annoying Miss McKenna any further.
如果你不这么做 我会有办法叫你离开的
If you do not, I shall see that you’re put out.
你对他说了什么?
What did you say to him?
我对这种人一向所说的话
What I’ve always said to men of his sort.
你在第二幕的晚礼服
That gown of yours in Act 2,
我不太喜欢,你知道的
I’m not crazy about it, you know.
必须重做
It’ll have to be redone.
我稍后会跟玛莉谈谈
Warn Marie that I shall discuss it with her later.
晚安,伍德先生四个人的保留座位
Good evening, reservations for four under Woods.
伍德…是的,先生 什么时候保留的?
Woods. Yes, monsieur. What time was the reservation for? 8:00 p.m. 8:00 p.m.
先生,我能为你效劳吗?
Monsieur, may I help you, please?
我和麦肯娜小姐一起用餐,谢谢
I’m dining with Miss McKenna, thank you.
晚安 – 你好吗,先生?
Good evening. How are you, sir?
我告诉过你 我们应该去“波匹斯基”
I told you, we should have gone to Poughpeepskie.
波基普西 – “波匹斯基”
Poughkeepsie. Poughpeepskie.
我不要再说了
And I just won’t discuss it any further.
根本不是台词,但愿这些演员会…
It isn’t the lines at all. If only these actors would…
他不是上季 以为他能演“哈姆雷特”的傻瓜吗?
Isn’t he the nincompoop who thought he could do Hamlet last season?
亲爱的,我们又见面了 – 是的,你好
Mon cheri, we meet again. Yes, hello.
我最欣赏不受潮流影响的人
I so admire a man not hidebound by the dictates of fashion.
女士? – 这套西装
Ma’am? That suit.
我有十年都没看到过了
I haven’t seen one like it for a decade.
十年? – 是的
A decade? Yes.
你还在找麦肯娜小姐吗?
Still looking for Miss McKenna?
是的,事实上… – 在那边
Yes, in fact… Over there.
谢谢 – 再见
Thank you.
你在干什么?
What do you think you’re doing?
和你共舞
Dancing with you.
但我们根本不认识
But we don’t even know each other.
我知道所有关于你的事 – 我确信你知道
I know everything about you. Yes, I’m sure you do.
此话怎说?
What do you mean?
对不起… – 不,不,你不了解
If you will excuse me… No, you don’t understand.
我想我了解 – 不,不,请别离开
I think I do. No, no, please, don’t leave.
你完全不知道 我跨越多远距离来找你
You have no idea how far I’ve come to be with you.
你不需要怕我
There’s no need to be afraid of me, you know.
这人自己跑进来
The man’s an intruder.
请你带他离开
Will you kindly see to it that he is escorted from the premises?
请离开,先生
If you will, sir.
等一下
One moment.
我和他一起走
I shall go with him.
麦肯娜…
McKenna.
你真的要这么做吗?
Are you sure you want to do this?
不用担心,威廉,我马上回来
Don’t worry, William. I shall return momentarily.
多谢,我很抱歉…
Thank you so much. I was so embarrassed…
你的大名是? – 理查克利尔
Your name, please? Richard Collier.
你住在哪里? – 芝加哥
Your place of residence? Chicago.
你的职业呢? – 我是剧作家
Your occupation? I’m a playwright.
剧作家…
A playwright.
是的,但我并不是因此…
Yes, but I’m not here because…
你说你知道所有关于我的事 – 是的…
And you say that you know everything about me.
我们从未见过 你对我来说完全是个陌生人
We’ve never met. You’re a complete stranger to me.
不过那时…
But then,
为什么你说“是你吗”?
why did you say, “Is it you?”
我不必回答你这个问题
I don’t have to answer that.
我知道
I know you don’t.
但我希望你能回答我
I wish you would, though.
他有什么问题?
What is the matter with him?
他只是留意我,他经常这么做
He’s just looking out for me as he has always done.
为什么?我看起来危险吗?
But why is that? Do I look dangerous?
等等
Wait. Wait.
我何时能再见到你?
When can I see you again?
我不知道
I don’t know.
玛莉,我希望你明天准备好
And have it ready by tomorrow morning.
我会尽力的
I’ll do my best.
你在微笑吗,麦肯娜?
Smiling, McKenna?
好像是的
Seems appropriate.
那个年轻人很英俊,只是态度恶劣
Rather handsome young man, if ill-mannered.
我会注意他的 – 我确信你会的
I’ll keep an eye on him. I’m sure you will.
他就是那个人吗,威廉?
Is he the one, William?
他是吗?
Is he?
只有你自己能肯定
Only you can tell for certain.
那么…
Now,
明晚的演出
tomorrow night’s performance.
记住,站在他们前面
Remember, stay ahead of them.
保持神秘感,一直要保持神秘
Keep the mystery, always the mystery.
在控制中超越 – 在控制中超越
Excess within control.
好好睡吧,麦肯娜
Sleep well, McKenna.
好吧
All right.
是谁?
Who is it?
理查克利尔
Richard Collier.
早安
Good morning.
你睡得好吗?
You sleep all right?
好极了 – 喔,我很抱歉
Wonderfully. I’m sorry.
我也没睡好
I didn’t sleep too well either.
不过我睡在走廊的椅子上,所以…
But I was on a porch chair. So, you know…
你没有房♥间吗?
Don’t you even have a room?
是的,我在9点18分就会有 416号♥房♥
Yes, I will at 9:18. Room 416.
我是说…你想去吃早餐吗?
I mean. Would you like to go to breakfast?
早上六点钟?
At 6:00 a.m.?
那晚一点呢?
Well, later?
我演出的时候不吃早饭
I don’t eat breakfast on performance days.
当然不
No, of course not.
那午餐呢? – 克利尔先生
Lunch? Mr. Collier!

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!