Information about Elise McKenna.
什么样的资料?
What sort of information?
我是个剧作家 我想把她的故事改编成舞台剧
Well, I’m a playwright and I was thinking about doing a play based on her life.
当然,我必须… – 对不起
And of course I’d have to talk… I’m sorry.
请不要关门,求求你
Ma’am, please. Please, don’t.
这不是为了剧作,罗勃丝小姐
This is not for a play, Miss Roberts.
这是私人的事
This is something very personal.
我不明白
I don’t understand.
你从哪里得来的?
Where did you get that?
她给我的
She gave it to me, ma’am.
大约八年前,在我为米尔菲德大学 写的一出戏的首映之夜
At the opening night of a play that I wrote at Millfield College about eight years ago.
这个表对她来说是件宝贝
That watch was very precious to her.
她从不让它离开她的身边
She never, never left it out of her possession.
她去世的那晚这个表也失踪了
It disappeared the night she died.
她那晚去世了?
She died that night?
请进来吧
Won’t you come in, please?
谢谢
Thank you.
我这里收藏了一些剧场的东西
I have some things I’ve been saving for the theater collection.
这是她一出戏中的服装
That was a costume from one of the plays she was in.
罗勃丝小姐
Miss Roberts,
她是个怎样的人?
what was she like?
我认识她时 她是个和蔼体贴的人,不过…
When I knew her, she was kind and thoughtful. But
她有太多心事,她…
she was just too much within herself.
她似乎很空虚
She seemed empty somehow.
她并不一直是那样吧?
Well, she wasn’t always that way, was she?
喔,不,完全不是
No, not at all.
年轻时她敏捷、开朗和快乐
People who knew her when she was young said that she was quick and bright and full of fun.
健康、任性 和她后来完全不一样
Strong, willful, not at all the way she was later.
她似乎是在1912年改变的
She…
在她于大饭店演出之后
After she performed in a play at the Grand Hotel.
那是她的经理,威廉罗宾森
That was her manager, William Robinson.
他真的像你书上描述的那么奇怪吗?
Was he really as strange as you seemed to indicate in the book?
他们之间的关系很奇怪
There was something strange about their relationship.
这是什么?
Wow, look at this.
我可以看吗? – 当然
Hey. May I? Of course.
真想不到
This is incredible.
这个作家菲尼,他是我的哲学教授
This guy, Finney. He was my philosophy teacher at Millfield.
真的吗? – 是的
Really? Yeah.
她把这本书看了又看
She read that book over and over.
(时光之旅)
她特别做的
She had that made.
怎么了?
What is it?
这是我最喜欢的一首曲子
That’s my favorite music in the whole world.
我不明白发生了什么事
I don’t understand what’s happening.
菲尼博士 – 你得和我一起去,年轻人
Dr. Finney? You’ll have to walk with me, young man.
我有另一堂课,你叫什么名字?
I have another class. What’s your name?
克利尔,理查克利尔 – 你是学生吗?
Collier, sir. Richard Collier.
是的,九年前
Student? Yes, I was, nine years ago.
我一直想把课堂弄得生动有趣 不过九年前?
Well, I try to make my classes interesting, but nine years?
我能为你做什么吗? – 我想请教你一个问题
What can I do for you? I have a question for you, sir.
问吧! – 时光旅行是可能的吗?
Shoot. Is time travel possible?
这真是一个问题
That is a question.
我告诉你一些事…
Let me tell you something,
理查,是吗? – 是的
Richard, is it? Yes, sir.
1971年时,我在威尼斯
I was in Venice in 1971.
我住在一家很老的旅馆
I was staying in a very old hotel.
我是说,非常老
But I mean, very old.
房♥子,家具,所有的一切
The structure, the furnishings, everything.
气味也很陈旧,你了解吗?
The atmosphere was aged, if you follow me.
在我的房♥间里,我觉得好像…
And my room, I felt as though it was
比1971年还要早了一世纪或者更久
a century or more earlier than 1971.
你了解吗? – 是的
You understand? Yes, sir.
那么,换句话说,地点很重要
So, in other words, then, the location is very important.
不完全重要,不过是必要的
Not all important, but essential.
其余在这里
The rest is here.
有一天下午,我…
One afternoon, I…
我躺在房♥间的床上
I was lying down in that room.
我周围所看到的一切… 都属于过去的一部份
All the sights around me, a part of the past.
甚至是我听到的声音…
Even the sounds I heard,
我想到一个念头
and I conceived a notion.
是什么呢?我问我自己…
What, I asked myself,
如果我尝试催眠我的头脑呢?
if I attempt to hypnotize my mind?
告诉它当时不是1971年…
Suggest to it that it isn’t 1971,
而是1571年
but 1571.
我闭上眼睛…
I closed my eyes
将一个想法灌入我的头脑…
and fed a suggestion into my brain.
现在是1571年8月…
It’s August, 1571.
我在迪维基奥旅馆…
I am in the Hotel Del Vecchio,
我将细节告诉我自己…
and I spelled out the details for myself,
一次又一次重复…
and did it over and over,
重复再重复…
and again and again and again.
结果呢?
And?
嗯…
Well,
我从未真的知道,理查
I’ll never really know, Richard.
从那次以后,我就没再做过了
I’ve never done it since.
我也不确定我是否想再做一次
And I’m not sure I’d want to do it again.
之后,我感觉非常疲倦 完全精疲力竭
I felt exhausted afterwards. Completely washed out.
但如果真的发生了…
And if it really did happen,
我在那里的时间只是一瞬间而已
I was only there a fraction of an instant, remember.
闪烁一下 – 是的,我了解,不过…
A flicker. Yes, sir. I understand that.
你的确去到那里了
But you were there.
我认为如此
I thought so.
喔,我承认,不是很完美
It was imperfect, granted.
否则会是怎样?
How would it be otherwise?
当时我周围的事物都很清楚
There were objects around me that were clearly from the present,
我知道它们确实在那里
and I knew they were there.
喔,如果我再试一次
Oh… If I were going to try it again…
我没说我真的要再试
Mind you, I have no such intention,
但如果我再试一次…
but if I did,
我会将我自己完全与现在隔离
I would disassociate myself entirely from the present.
把所有可能提醒我的东西都拿开
Move everything out of sight that could possibly remind me of it.
那么,谁知道呢?
Then, who knows?
对不起
Sorry. Hey.
嗨 – 嗨,你好吗?
Hi. Hi, how do you do?
你们有没有1912年的钱币?
Listen, do you have 1912 money? I mean, very specifically, 1912.
就是这样
A-ha! That’s it.
好的…
All right. Let’s see now.
不太差
Yeah, not too bad.
看起来差不多了
Yup, yup, yup, yup. It’s looking all right.
晚安,麦肯娜小姐 你不认识我,但你会的
Good evening, Miss McKenna. You don’t know me, but you will.
晚安,麦肯娜小姐
Evening, Miss McKenna.
你不认识我…
You don’t know me,
但你会的
but you will.
好了
Okay.
现在是1912年6月27日
It is June 27th, 1912.
天啊
Oh, boy.
你躺在大饭店的床上
You are lying on your bed in the Grand Hotel,
现在是1912年6月27日下午6点
and it is 6:00 p.m. in the evening of June 27th,1912.
你全心接受这点
Your mind accepts this absolutely.
现在是1912年6月27日下午6点
It is 6:00 p.m. on June 27th, 1912.
伊莱丝麦肯娜此时也在这家旅馆中
Elise McKenna is in this hotel at this very moment.
她的经理,威廉罗宾森…
Her manager, William Fawcett Robinson,
此时也在这家旅馆中
is in this hotel at this very moment.
现在,此刻,在这里
Now. This moment. Here.
伊莱丝麦肯娜和你… – 天啊,太傻了!
God, how stupid.
1912年6月27日下午6点
6:00 p.m. on June 27th, 1912.
伊莱丝麦肯娜和你 – 再见!
Elise McKenna and you. Goodbye.
伊莱丝麦肯娜现在在这家旅馆中
Elise McKenna, now, in this hotel.
她和她的剧团此时都在这家旅馆中
She and her company, who are in this hotel at this very moment,
正当你躺在大饭店的床上 时间是1912年6月27日
even as you lie here on your bed in the Grand Hotel on June 27th, 1912…
1912年6月27日下午6点
6:00 p.m., June 27th, 1912.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!