玩腻之后便一脚把我踢开
I get the go-by When you are done foolin’with me
今天是她结婚的日子
It’s a holiday, today’s The Wedding of the Painted Doll
一个欢乐的日子
It’s a jolly day The news is spreading
我该向她吐露真♥相♥吗
Should I reveal exactly how I feel
该向她告白吗
Should I confess
我感觉你在玩弄我
I got a feeling you’re fooling I got a feeling you’re…
今天是个欢乐的日子
It’s a holiday, today’s
我该向她
Should I reveal
吐露真言吗
Exactly how I feel
美丽的女孩 你是个可爱的美女
Beautiful girl You’re a lovely picture
美丽的女孩 你美若天仙
Beautiful girl You’re a gorgeous mixture
因那碧海蓝天之下的所有谎言
Of all that lies Under the big blue skies
我心在哭泣
My heart cries
她是谁 看着好面熟啊
Who’s that? She looks familiar.
以前我给她做过特写 她在夜♥总♥会♥表演
I featured her before, in lots of nightclub shows.
我见过她
I’ve seen her there.
她可以扮演泽尔达的妹妹
She’d be good as Zelda’s sister.
-好主意 -抱歉
-That’s a good idea. -Excuse me.
虽然金发美女和黑发美女 同样令人难以抗拒
There may be blondes and brunettes That are hard to resist
但你却让她们相形见绌
You surpass them like a queen
你的双唇需要亲吻的滋润
You’ve got those lips That were meant to be kissed
你是个甜姐儿
And you’re over sweet 16
美丽的女孩啊 你是造物者的杰作
Beautiful girl What a gorgeous creature
美丽的女孩啊 我要向牧师告解
Beautiful girl Let me call a preacher
我该怎么做
What can I do
掏出我的心给你
But give my heart to you?
美女就像是一件艺术精品
A beautiful girl Is like a great work of art
装着入时 打扮时髦
She’s stylish She’s chic
而且聪慧过人
And she also is smart
躺在她的闺房♥
For lounging in her boudoir
这件简单的睡衣
This simple plain pajama
她的披风点缀着猴毛
Her cloak is trimmed with monkey fur
使她更加万种风情
To lend a dash of drama
谁想打网球
Anyone for tennis?
这姿色将迷倒众生
Well, this will make them cringe
让他们拜倒石榴裙下
And you’ll knock ’em dead at dinner
当你穿着晚礼服时
If your gown just drips with fringe
在海边或泳池畔就不能太保守
You simply can’t be too modest At the beach or by the pool
在炎炎夏日
And in summertime, it’s organdy
薄纱能使你神清气爽
That’ll keep you fresh and cool
你永远想象不到这顶帽子
You’d never guess what loud applause
能引来热烈的掌声
This cunning hat receives
而且你也想象不到
And you’d never dream the things That you could hide
你的袖口能隐藏多少秘密
Within these sleeves
一串珍珠和一件花呢衫
A string of pearls with a suit of tweed
就能引来一阵骚动
It’s started quite a riot
如果你一定要披狐皮去看歌♥剧
And if you must wear fox to the opera
时尚杂♥志♥说 去染色吧
Dame Fashion says, “Dye it”
上法庭最好穿黑色
Black is best when you’re in court
它能让法官留下深刻的印象
The judge will be impressed
但结婚时最好是穿白色礼服
But white is right when you’re a bride
而且你也想盛装打扮
And you want to be well-dressed
美丽的女孩啊
Beautiful girl
你让我深深迷恋
For you I’ve got a passion
美丽的女孩啊
Beautiful girl
你是我的流行皇后
You’re my queen of fashion
我深陷爱的旋涡
I’m in a whirl
啊
Over…
我美丽的女孩啊
my beautiful girl
-太精彩了 -谢谢
-That’s stupendous! -Thanks.
凯希 过来
Kathy, come here.
它将掀起歌♥舞片的风潮
This will start a trend in musical pictures.
辛普森先生 打算让你成为泽尔达的接♥班♥人
Mr. Simpson’s thinking about casting you as Zelda’s sister.
那太好了
That’s wonderful!
凯希
Hey, Kathy!
是凯希·莎登
That’s Kathy Selden.
感谢 你真是太好了
Thanks anyway. It was nice of you.
-等等 -没关系
-Wait a minute. -That’s all right.
在洛克伍德先生告诉你之前 你也应该知道
Before Mr. Lockwood refreshes your memory, you may as well know
是我用蛋糕砸拉蒙特小姐
I hit Miss Lamont with the cake.
本来是要砸拉洛克伍德先生的
It was meant for Mr. Lockwood.
抱歉 我早就该承认了
I’m sorry. I should’ve told you.
这是怎么回事
Wait a minute. What’s this all about?
我们准备用她 但如果你不高兴
We were gonna use her, but if it’d make you and Lina unhappy…
不高兴 我高兴都来不及了
Unhappy? It’s wonderful.
他一直在找她
He’s been looking for her!
琳娜也这样认为
Are you speaking for Lina also?
或许椰林歌♥舞团的老板会听琳娜的话
The owner of the Coconut Grove may do what Lina tells him
-但你是本公♥司♥的老板 -没错
-but you’re the head of this studio. -Yes, I am.
她被录取了 别让琳娜知道她在这儿
She’s hired. Don’t let Lina know she’s on the lot.
你去处理
Take care of that.
谢谢
Thank you, Mr. Simpson!
你终于出现了 我们找遍了城里所有的蛋糕
I’m glad you turned up. We’ve been looking inside every cake in town.
不介意被人看见我们在一起
Is it all right for you to be seen with me?
闪亮的巨星和卑微的小演员
You mean, lofty star with humble player?
我没这意思 你不是常和拉蒙特小姐一起吃饭
Not exactly. But for lunch, don’t you tear a pheasant with Miss Lamont?
我和琳娜的一切全是为了宣传
Look, Kathy. All that stuff about Lina and me is sheer publicity.
是吗 一定比
Oh? Certainly seems more than that
我在八卦杂♥志♥上看见的还要精彩
from what I’ve read in all those articles in the fan magazines.
你也看八卦杂♥志♥
Oh, you read the fan magazines?
我只有做头发或看牙医时才看
I pick them up in the beauty parlor or the dentist’s office
就和一般人一样
just like anybody.
真的
Honest?
一个月买♥♥四 五本
I buy four or five a month.
你买♥♥四 五本
You buy four or five
言归正传
To get back to the main point
你们在主演的所有电影中总是亲亲我我
you achieve a kind of intimacy in all your pictures
你看过我所有的电影
Did you say all my pictures?
让我想想 我看过大概八 九部吧
Now that I think of it, I’ve seen eight or nine of them.
八 九部
Eight or nine.
我记得有人说
It seems to me I remember someone saying:
如果你看过一部 就等于全看了
“If you’ve seen one, you’ve seen them all.”
那一夜我说了一些不中听的话 对不对
I did say some awful things that night, didn’t I?
不 我罪有应得
No, I deserved them.
当然我必须承认 我听完后挺难过的
Of course, I must admit I was pretty much upset by them.
难过得从此之后 满脑子想的都是你
So upset that I haven’t been able to think of anything but you ever since.
真的
Honest?
真的
Honest.
我也一直很难过
I’ve been pretty upset too.
凯希 我
Kathy, look, I
凯希 有幸能与你重逢
Kathy, seeing you again now that I…
我有些话想对你说 可是我
I’m trying to say something to you, but I…
不善言辞
I’m such a ham.
不在适当的情形下开不了口
I guess I’m not able to without the proper setting.
什么意思 这个嘛
What do you mean?
来
Come here.
这里就是适当的环境
This is the proper setting.
不过是个空荡荡的舞台
Why, it’s just an empty stage.
乍看之下 的确如此
At first glance, yes.
但请稍待一下
But wait a second.
美丽的夕阳
A beautiful sunset.
远山飘来的薄雾
Mist from the distant mountains.
花♥园♥里的彩光
Colored lights in a garden.
贵妇站在阳台上 那是一个玫瑰花棚
Milady is standing on her balcony, in a rose-trellised bower
被月光照映着
flooded with moonlight.
加上五十万千瓦的星光
We add 500,000 kilowatts of stardust.
一阵夏日的微风
A soft summer breeze.
凯希 月光下的你美若天仙
You sure look lovely in the moonlight.
在如此浪漫的气氛下 可以说了吗
Now that you have the proper setting, can you say it?
我试试看
I’ll try.