世事多变
The world’s so full Of a number of things
我们应该及时行乐
I’m sure we should all Be as happy as
但我们呢
But are we?
根本没有
Definitely, no
肯定没有 明显没有
Positively, no Decidedly, no
小孩拉长了脸
Short people have long faces
大人眉头深锁
Long people have short faces
大人缺乏幽默感 小孩毫无幽默感
Big people have little humor Little people have no humor at all
不朽的吟游诗人史纳格瑞斯
In the words of that immortal bard, Samuel J. Snodgrass
走向断头台时曾说
As he was being led To the guillotine
引世人开怀大笑吧
Make ’em laugh Make ’em laugh
任何人都想开怀大笑
Don’t you know everyone wants to laugh
我爸曾说孩子当个演员吧
My dad said, “Be an actor, my son
当个喜剧演员
but be a comical one”
观众将大排长龙
They’ll be standin’in lines
看你耍把戏
For those old honky-tonk monkeyshines
你可以研究莎士比亚 当个上等人
Now you could study Shakespeare And be quite elite
虽然你能迷倒剧评家 但却可能三餐不继
And you could charm the critics And have nothing to eat
因香蕉皮而摔一跤 就能笑倒众生
Just slip on a banana peel The world’s at your feet
引世人开怀大笑吧
Make ’em laugh Make ’em laugh
引世人开怀大笑吧…
Make ’em laugh
引世人开怀大笑吧
Make ’em laugh
任何人都想开怀大笑
Don’t you know everyone wants to laugh?
我祖父曾说对观众说个笑话吧
My Grandpa said, “Go out and tell ’em a joke
加入一些噱头
but give it plenty of hoke”
让观众惊声尖叫
Make ’em roar Make ’em scream
摔跤撞墙都可以
Take a fall, butt a wall Split a seam
假装你是个舞姿优雅的舞者
You start off by pretending You’re a dancer with grace
扭腰摆臀笑倒观众
You wiggle till they’re giggling All over the place
然后将蛋糕往脸上砸
And then you get A great big custard pie in the face
引世人开怀大笑吧
Make ’em laugh Make ’em laugh
引世人开怀大笑吧
Make ’em laugh
引世人开怀大笑吧
Make ’em laugh
不要 所有的
Don’t ya… All the…
什么
What…?
我爸
My Dad…
他们将大排长龙
They’ll be standing in lines
看你耍把戏
For those old honky-tonk monkeyshines
引世人开怀大笑吧
Make ’em laugh Make ’em laugh
难道你不知道世人
Don’t you know everyone
引世人开怀大笑吧
Make ’em laugh
引世人开怀大笑吧
Make ’em laugh
引世人开怀大笑吧
Make ’em laugh
引世人开怀大笑吧
Make ’em laugh Make ’em laugh
引世人开怀大笑吧
Make ’em laugh
准备好了没 唐?
Ready, Don?
-好了 -我们走吧
-All set. -Here we go again.
-我们将再度引起轰动 -希望如此
-We have another smash on our hands. -I hope so.
你是我们的摇钱树
You’re darn tooting we have.
琳娜在哪儿
Where’s Lina?
她来了 德斯特先生
Here she is, Mr. Dexter.
我们可爱的女主角出现了
Well! Here comes our lovely leading lady now.
这假发好重啊 谁会戴这种东西啊
This wig weighs a ton. What dope’d wear a thing like this?
大家都戴
Everybody wore them.
那他们都是笨蛋
Then everybody was a dope.
-你好漂亮 -你漂亮极了
-You look beautiful. -You look great.
我们走吧
Let’s get into the set.
谢了
Thanks, Joe.
我在瓦利雷的宴会上一直找你 你上哪儿去了
I looked for you at Wally Ray’s party. Where were you?
我在忙
I’ve been busy.
我知道你忙着找那个女孩
And I know what you’ve been busy at. Looking for that girl.
-其实 没错 -为什么
-As a matter of fact, yes. -Why?
因为我担心她
I’ve been worried about her.
你该担心的人是我
You should’ve been worried about me.
因为被蛋糕砸的人是我
I’m the one who got the whipped cream in the kisser.
但丢掉工作的人是她不是你
Yes, but you didn’t lose your job, and she did.
她罪有应得 这是我安排的
You’re darn tooting she did. I arranged it.
什么
What?
是我说服他们把她开除的
They weren’t gonna fire her, so I told them they better.
-为什 -唐 记着
-Why… -Don, now remember.
你深爱着她 而且必须征服她的羞怯
You’re madly in love with her and you have to overcome her shyness.
卡斯摩 情境音乐
Cosmo, mood music.
开始
Roll ’em!

Okay, Don.
进来
Now enter.
看见她
You see her.
奔向她
Run to her!
你这坏女人竟然害她失去工作
Why, you rattlesnake, you. You got that poor kid fired.
我的手段还可以更狠毒
That’s not all I’m gonna do if I ever get my hands on her.
我没见过这么卑劣的人
I never heard of anything so low.
很好
Fine. Fine. Looks great.
为何这样做
What did you do it for?
因为我看得出来你喜欢她
Because you liked her. I could tell.
我受够了
So that’s it.
相信我 我对你的恨 比对她的爱还深
Believe me, I don’t like her half as much as I hate you.
你这冷血动物
You reptile.
这一切快令我崩溃了
Sticks and stones may break my bones.
我想打断你身上的每一根骨头
I’d like to break every bone in your body.
你和谁 你这大笨蛋
You and who else, you big lummox?
亲她
Now kiss her, Don.
很好
That’s it.
再来
More.
很好
Great!

Cut!
你如此地亲吻我 不可能对我毫无感觉吧
You couldn’t kiss me like that and not mean it just a teensy-weensy bit.
我只是个敬业的演员 我宁可亲吻鸟蛛
Meet the world’s greatest actor. I’d rather kiss a tarantula!
-你口是心非 -是吗
-You don’t mean that! -I don’t…?
乔 帮我拿只鸟蛛来 你给我听着
Joe, bring me a tarantula. Now listen
够了 你们小两口 咱们继续拍吧
Stop that chitchat, you lovebirds. Let’s get another take.
等等
Hold it.
-哈啰 德斯特 -辛普森先生
-Hold it, Dexter! -Hello, Mr. Simpson.
我们正在拍摄
We’re really rolling.
那你可以立即停止拍摄了
Well, you can stop rolling at once.
各位 停下吧
All right, everybody! Save it!
-停下 -让他们回家去 我们要关门大吉了
-Save it? -Tell them to go home. We’re shutting down.
别站在那里 告诉他们
Don’t stand there. Tell them!
-回家去静候通知吧 -这是怎么回事
-Go home until further notice! -What is this?
怎么了
What’s the matter?
全是爵士歌♥手惹的祸
The Jazz Singer, that’s what’s the matter.
噢 我在家乡的妈咪呀
Oh, my darling little mammy Down in Alabamy
这不是闹着玩的 它已造成轰动 观众想要更多
This is no joke. It’s a sensation. The public’s screaming for more.
-更多什么 -有声电影
-More what? -Talking pictures.
-有声电影就像个怪胎 -我们就该制♥造♥这种怪胎
-It’s just a freak. -We should have such a freak.
我告诉过你有声电影 会造成威胁 却没人听我的
I said talking pictures were a menace, but no one would listen.
我们必须将 决战骑士拍成有声电影
We’re going to make The Duelling Cavalier into a talking picture.
那么我失业了
That means I’m out of a job.
现在我可以写交响曲糊口度日了
I can start suffering and write that symphony.
我们打算让你成为音乐部门的主管
We’ll put you in as head of the music department.
谢了 那么我可以写交响曲为业了
Thanks. I can stop suffering and write that symphony.
等等 有声电影 你应该等到
Wait a second. Talking pictures! You should wait
每个片场都开始拍摄有声电影
Every studio’s jumping on the bandwagon.
每家戏院也都添购音响器材
All the theaters are putting in sound equipment.
我们对有声电影一无所知
We know nothing about it.
知道什么
What do you have to know?
只要照原来的方式演戏 再加上对话就行了
You do what you always did. You just add talking to it.
相信我 这一定会造成轰动的
Believe me, it’ll be a sensation.
“拉蒙特与洛克伍德 他们说话了”
“Lamont and Lockwood. They talk!”
我们当然会说话 谁不会啊
Well, of course we talk. Don’t everybody?
我感觉你在玩弄我
I got a feeling You’re fooling
我感觉你以此为乐
I got a feeling You’re havin’fun

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!