到时候你就得装个胡子
You’ll have to wear a beard!
笑吧 但至少舞台剧 是个有尊严的行业
Laugh if you want, but the stage is a dignified profession.
跟我说尊严 你为何如此自负
Why are you so conceited?
你不过是影片上的幻影 不是血肉之躯
You’re nothing but a shadow on film. You’re not flesh and blood.
-停 -我能怎样 我不过是个幻影
-Stop! -What can I do? I’m only a shadow.
别乱来 别以为你是电影明星就可以行为不检点
Keep away from me! Just because you’re a big movie star
就以为女孩子都会为你疯狂 别碰我
you expect every girl to faint at your feet. Don’t touch me!
别怕 我不会骚扰你的
Fear not, sweet lady. I will not molest you.
我不过是个卑微的弄臣 而你是个高不可攀的公主
I am but a humble jester. And you? You are too far above me.
别了 依莎贝瑞莫
Farewell, Ethel Barrymore.
我必须向你告别了
I must tear myself from your side.
这是辛普森家吗 是的
Is this R.F. Simpson’s house?
我是椰林歌♥舞团的成员
I’m one of the Coconut Grove girls.
-对 余兴表演 在后面 -我看到了 谢谢
-Yes, the floor show. Around the back. -Oh, I see. Thank you.
-好热闹啊 亚夫 -谢了 罗斯可
-Nice little party, R.F. -Thanks, Roscoe.
你真的能让我演电影吗
Do you really think you can get me in the movies?
-应该吧 -真的
-I should think so. -Really?
-嗨 唐 好棒的电影 -我喜欢你的电影
-Hello, Don. The picture’s great. -I loved your picture.
-唐 怎么现在才来? -嗨 卡斯摩 失陪一下
-Did you come by way of Australia? -Hello, Cos. Excuse me.
卡斯摩 老实告诉我 我是个好演员吗
Cos, tell me the truth. Am I a good actor?
当我为曼纽门托公♥司♥干活时 你就是最棒的了
As long as I work for Monumental, you’re the greatest.
正经点 你是我搭档 告诉我实话
No kidding. You’re my pal. You can tell me.
怎么了 你当然是个好演员
What’s the matter? Of course, you’re good.
记得随时提醒我 我觉得有点惊讶
Keep telling me from time to time. I feel a little shaken.
崭新的唐·洛克伍德
The new Don Lockwood.

Don.
-嗨 亚夫 -了不起 你上哪儿去了
-Hi, R.F. -It’s colossal. Where have you been?
终于找到你了 你去哪里了 我好寂寞
There you are. Where were you? I was lonely.
嗨 琳娜
Hello, Lina.
请各位注意
Okay, fellas. Hold it.
我的两位明星唐和琳娜
Together again, my two little stars, Don and Lina.
各位 他们真是绝配
No kidding, folks, aren’t they great?
打开屏幕
All right, open that screen.
-电影 我刚才看过了 -各位一定要看这一部
-A movie? We just saw one. -Gotta show one at a party. It’s a law.
我为各位带来了小小的惊喜
Everybody, I’ve got a few surprises for you.
请坐下
All right, sit down, sit down.
保证令你捧腹大笑
This’ll make you laugh.
近几个月来有个疯子不断闯入我的办公室
There’s a madman coming into my office for months, and
-准备好了没 -准备好了
-You got that gadget working? -All set.
好的 开始吧
Okay, let her go.
哈啰
Hello.
这是有声电影的示范片
This is a demonstration of a talking picture.
请注意片中的我正在说话
Notice, it is a picture of me and I am talking.
请注意我的唇部动作和我的声音
Note how my lips and the sound issuing from them
配合在一起
are synchronized together
无懈可击
in perfect unison.
-他是谁 -有人躲在屏幕后面
-Who’s that? -Somebody’s talking behind that screen.
从屏幕后面出来吧 辛普森先生
Come out from behind that screen, Mr. Simpson.
不 我在这儿
Oh, no. I’m right here.
我的声音已录在录音机上
My voice has been recorded on a record.
一部有声电影
A talking picture.
谢谢
Thank you.
再见
Goodbye.
如何
Well?
-这只是个玩具 -好好笑哦
-It’s just a toy. -It’s a scream!
-俗不可耐 -你想有人会用它吗
-It’s vulgar. -You think they’ll ever use it?
我怀疑 华纳公♥司♥正拍摄 一部有声电影爵士歌♥手
I doubt it. Warners is making a picture with it, The Jazz Singer.
-他们会赔得很惨的 -毫无发展的前途
-They’ll lose their shirts. -It’sll never amount to a thing.
有人说把它形容成无马的马车
They said that about the horseless carriage.
咱们继续玩吧
Let’s get on with the show. Okay, boys.
来吧 我的小星星
Come on, my little starlets.
我为各位准备了一个惊喜 一块特制的蛋糕
I have a surprise. A very special cake.
我要你的孩子尝到第一块
I want you kiddies to have the first piece.
天啊 是伊莎贝瑞摩
Well! If it isn’t Ethel Barrymore!
希望你能表演些特别的 例如哈姆雷特的独白
I do hope you’ll favor us with something special. Say, Hamlet’s soliloquy
或是罗密欧与茱莉叶中的一幕 来 别害羞
or a scene from Romeo and Juliet? Don’t be shy.
你是我见过最美的茱莉叶
You make about the prettiest Juliet I’ve ever seen. Really.
整夜我只梦见你
All I do is dream of you The whole night through
破晓之后我依然想着你
With the dawn I still go on Dreaming of you
你是我的一切
You’re every thought You’re everything
你是我的歌♥
You’re every song I ever sing
春 夏 秋 冬
Summer, winter, autumn and spring
一天二十四小时
And were there more than Twenty-four hours a day
我都想念着你
They’d be spent in sweet content Dreaming away
不论阴晴
When skies are gray When skies are blue
白天或黑夜
Morning, noon and nighttime too
我日夜想念着你
All I do the whole day through Is dream of you
这感觉真美妙
It’s the cat’s meow!
我日夜思念着你
All I do the whole day through Is dream of you
-你表现得真好 -抱歉
-I had to tell you how good you were. -Excuse me.
别走 我已知道你住在哪儿 现在我想送你回家
Now that I know where you live, I’d like to see you home.
-听着 洛克伍德先生 -这位小姐是谁呀
-Listen, Mr. Lockwood… -Say, who is this dame anyway?
一位高不可攀的公主
Someone lofty and far above us all.
她无法从电影上学到任何东西 她是个舞台剧演员
She couldn’t learn anything from the movies. She’s a stage actress.
这是我从电影上学来的
Here’s one thing I’ve learned from the movies!
-我要杀了她 -琳娜 她要砸的人是我
-I’ll kill her! -Lina, she was aiming at me!
-你的样子好可爱 -这是意外
-You never looked lovelier. -It was an accident.
每天都发生五到六次
It happens to me five or six times a day.
她在哪儿
Where is she?
唐尼
Donnie?
很抱歉 请问莎登小姐在哪儿
Excuse me. Where’d Miss Selden go?
她拿了东西就走了 我能为你效劳吗
She grabbed her things and bolted. Anything I can do?
抱歉 我没时间
Sorry. I don’t have time to find out.
凯希
Kathy!
保持那个动作 要更有活力
Keep that action going. More steam in the kettle!
动作要有节奏一点
More action, boys. A little more rhythm.
要更有活力
More steam and more water.
-嗨 麦希 -嗨 唐
-Hi, Maxie. -Hi, Don.
大家早
Good morning, fellas.
唐 今天看过综艺杂♥志♥吗
Did you read Variety today?
“第一部有声电影《爵士歌♥手》 打破首周的票房♥录”
“First talking picture, The Jazz Singer. All-time smash end of first week.”
-马上票房♥就会跌落谷底 -我们从今天开始
-All-time flop end of the second. -We start today.
-祝好运 -谢了
-Good luck. -Thanks.
我扮演皮埃尔·巴达伊伯爵 决战骑士
I’m now Count Pierre de Battaille, known as the Duelling Cavalier.
-什么电影 -有关于法国革命
-What’s it about? -It’s a French Revolution story.
你是个贵族
You’re a French aristocrat.
而她是个万人迷 对你根本没感觉
She’s a simple girl of the people and won’t even give you a tumble.
演戏嘛
Well, it’s a living.
早安
Good morning.
背景继续动 打他
Keep the background moving. Hit him.
快点 打倒他
Come on. Knock him down!
站起来 再打他 快
Get up there and hit him again. Hurry up!
何必拍这些呢 老片子换个新标题而已
Why bother to shoot this? Release the old one under a new title.
只要看过一部 就等于全看了
You’ve seen one, you’ve seen them all.
干嘛这么说
Why’d you say that?
什么
What’s the matter?
这是那晚凯希·莎登对我说的话
That’s what that Kathy Selden said to me that night.
都三个星期了 对她还是念念不忘
That’s three weeks ago. You still thinking about that?
-我就是忘不了她 -你怎么会这样
-I can’t get her out of my mind. -How could you?
她是第一个 没对你投怀送抱的小姐
She’s the first dame who hasn’t fallen for you since you were 4.
我一直很内疚
She’s on my conscience.
她被辞职并不是你的错
It’s not your fault she lost her job.
-我必须找到她 -你已经尽力了
-I’ve got to find her. -You’ve been trying to.
只差没派出猎犬罢了
Short of sending out bloodhounds and a posse.
来吧 重新振作起来
Come on, now. Snap out of it.
别让这件事将你击倒
You can’t let this get you down.
你是唐纳德·洛克伍德
You’re Donald Lockwood.
唐纳德·洛克伍德是个演员 对吧?
Donald Lockwood’s an actor, isn’t he?
演员必须了解一件事是什么
What’s the first thing an actor learns?
“要演下去 不论是雨天还是晴天 下雪还是冰雹”
“The show must go on, come rain, come shine, come snow, come sleet!”

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!