泽尔达把一切都告诉我了
Zelda told me everything.
谢了 泽尔达 你真是个好姐妹
Thanks, Zelda. You’re a real pal.
不客气 唐
Anytime, Don.
听着 唐和我
Look, Don and I…
唐 不准你叫他唐
Don! Don’t you dare call him Don!
唐这名字只有我能叫
I was calling him Don before you were born.
你刚刚亲了他
You were kissing him!
是我亲她的 我深爱着她
I was kissing her. I happen to be in love with her.
岂有此理 大家都知道你爱我
That’s ridiculous! Everybody knows you’re in love with me.
琳娜 识相一点吧
Now look, Lina. Try and understand this.
我要娶她
I’m going to marry her.
傻小子 她并不是想和你结婚
Silly boy. She ain’t the marrying kind.
她只是想利用你达到目的罢了
She’s a flirt trying to get ahead by using you.
我必须阻止这件事
Well, I’ll put a stop to that!
我马上就去告诉亚夫
I’m gonna go up and see R.F. right now!
电影拍完了
The picture’s finished.
如果没有她 你也完了
If she weren’t in it, you’d be finished too.
就我所知的 完蛋的人只有她
As far as I can see, she’s the only one who’s finished.
谁听过她的名字啊
Who’ll hear of her?
大家都听过 不然泽尔达为何要如此大费周章
Everybody. Why do you think Zelda’s in such a sweat?
凯希根本就是在抢戏
Kathy nearly stole the picture from her.
她不过是替你在骑士之舞帮了个忙而已
She’s only doing you a favor in The Dancing Cavalier.
而且她的名字也将出现在工作人员表
And she’s getting full screen credit for it too.
告诉观众那些话都不是我说的 那些歌♥都不是我唱的
It’sll say on the screen that I don’t talk and sing for myself?
当然 不然呢
Of course. What do you think?
-他们不可以这样做 -我们已经决定了
-They can’t do that. -It’s already done.
我们已计划好宣传活动
There’s a whole publicity campaign planned.
宣传
Publicity?
他们不可以拿我当笑柄
They can’t make a fool out of me.
他们不能嘲笑琳娜·拉蒙特
They can’t make a laughingstock out of Lina Lamont.
难道他们把我当成傻子不成
What do they think I am, dumb or something?
我赚的钱
Why, I make more money…
超过卡尔文·柯立芝的
than Calvin Coolidge…
所有财产
put together!
曼纽门托电影公♥司♥对琳娜的歌♥喉赞不绝口
“Monumental Pictures enthusiastic over Lina’s singing pipes and dancing stems.”
我没说过那句话
I never said that.
明天的首映会将显露琳娜·拉蒙特的音乐才华
“Premiere tomorrow night to reveal Lina Lamont, big musical talent.”
你不可以 任意改变我们的宣传计划
You can’t pull a switch like this on the publicity department.
我们选的是莎登
We were prepared for the Selden campaign.
现在可好 至少得通知我们一声
Now you do this. At least keep us informed.
等等 这件事我一无所知
Wait a minute. I don’t know anything about this.
我们该怎么办
What are we gonna do?
无可奈何
Nothing.
一点办法也没有
Absolutely nothing.
量你们也不敢告诉报社 说琳娜·拉蒙特
You wouldn’t wanna call the papers and say Lina Lamont…
是个大骗子
is a big fat liar.
那消息是你散布出去的吗
Did you send this stuff out?
我给了所有报社独家内♥幕♥
I gave an exclusive story to every paper in town.
罗德 快打给报社
You’ll never get away with it. Call the papers.
换成是我 我就不会这么做
I wouldn’t do that if I were you.
你无权指使我该怎么做 琳娜
Don’t tell me what to do, Lina.
难道你把我当成傻子不成
What do you think I am, dumb or something?
我已叫律师把合约看过一遍
I had my lawyer go over my contract.
合约
Contract?
我的宣传由我控制 不是你
And I control my publicity, not you.
电影公♥司♥必须对所有关于我的文宣负责
The studio is responsible for every word printed about me.
如果不满意 我可以起诉
If I don’t like it, I can sue.
什么
What?
我可以起诉
I can sue.
如果你告诉报社有关凯希·莎登的事
If you tell the papers about Kathy Selden
它将”不利于且有害于”我的演艺生涯
it would be “detrimental and deleterious” to my career.
我可以告你们全公♥司♥
I could sue you for the whole studio.
-一派胡言 -上面写得清清楚楚
-That’s a lot of nonsense. -Says so.
在这儿
Right here.
一九二五年六月八日立约 第三十四节
Contract dated June 8, 1925, paragraph 34, subdivision letter A.
当事人的第一人
“The party of the first part…”
-那就是我 -算你狠 琳娜
-That’s me. -You win, Lina.
我们最好把凯希的名字从屏幕上拿掉
We better take Kathy’s credit card off the screen.
好吧 就这么办
All right, go ahead.
只要让首映会顺利进行
Let’s just get this premiere over with.
满意了吧
Satisfied?
还有一件事
There’s just one little thing more.
你要我把公♥司♥改名为拉蒙特电影公♥司♥
You want me to change the name of the studio to Lamont Pictures, lnc.?
亚夫 你真逗
R.F., you’re cute.
我只是在想
Now, I was just thinking.
你已安排她在泽尔达主演的电影中演出
You’ve given her a part in Zelda’s picture
将来她的戏份会愈来愈重
and you’ll give her a bigger one in the next.
那又怎样 所以呢
So what?
既然她为我幕后配音如此称职
If she’s done such a grand job doubling for my voice
何不让她继续在幕后配音
don’t you think she ought to go on doing just that?
-不做其它的工作 -你疯了
-And nothing else. -You’re out of your mind.
我在公♥司♥中的地位比她重要
I’m still more important to the studio than she is.
我不会这样对待她的
I wouldn’t do that to her in a million years.
你根本是在断人前程 一般人是不会这么做的
You’d take her career away. People don’t do things like that.
一般人
People?
我不是一般人
I ain’t people.
我是
I am a…
在电影界中一颗闪耀的巨星
“A shimmering, glowing star in the cinema firmament.”
报纸上
It says so…
写得清清楚楚
right there.
噢 皮埃尔 我的爱人 我终于找到你了
Oh, Pierre, Pierre, my darling. At last, I’ve found you.
皮埃尔 你受伤了 说话啊
Pierre, you’re hurt. Speak to me, speak to me.
我将在叹息中亲吻她
I’ll kiss her with a sigh
你愿意吗
Would you?
你愿意吗
Would you?
如果那个女孩是我
And if the girl were l
你愿意吗
Would you?
你愿意吗
Would you?
噢 皮埃尔 抱紧我
Oh, Pierre, hold me in your arms always.
洛克伍德的表现真是精彩
Lockwood’s a sensation.
没错 可是拉蒙特 什么声音 她不是了不起吗
Yes, but Lamont! What a voice! Isn’t she marvelous?
配音配得不错吧
It’s going over wonderfully, isn’t it?
我们的爱直到海枯石烂
Our love will last till the stars turn cold.
你有勇气说
And would you dare to say
让我们和他们一样
Let’s do the same as they
我愿意
I would
你愿意吗
Would you?
亚夫 太精彩了
R.F., it’s a real smash.
-恭喜 我们欠你太多了 -谢谢
-Congratulations. We owe you a lot. -Thank you.
-凯希 我们成功了 -我们创造了奇迹
-Kathy, we made it! -It’s a miracle!
真是太精彩了
It’s great, Don. Just great.
你真是太棒了 你唱得和凯希一样好
You were fabulous. You sang as well as Kathy Selden.
而且我要继续这么做
And I’m gonna for a long time.
你什么意思
What do you mean?
意思是我要她继续为我配唱
I mean she’s gonna go right on singing for me.
听着 琳娜
Listen, Lina.
我就知道你早有预谋
I thought something was cooking beneath those bleached curls.
凯希有自己的前途 这是唯一的一次
Kathy has her own career. She only did this for this picture.
那是你的想法
That’s what you think.
快啊 快啊
Come on, come on.
琳娜已经走火入魔了
Lina’s getting carried away.
听好 你这条大蟒蛇
Listen, you boa constrictor.
对于她的将来别耍任何花样 告诉她
Don’t get any fancy ideas about the future. Tell her!
算了吧 听那观众的掌声
Never mind, R.F.! Listen to that applause.
等着赚大钱吧
Wait till the money rolls in.
你不会放弃赚钱的机会吧
You won’t give all that up
只因一个无名小卒不愿替我配音
because a nobody don’t wanna be my voice.
她拥有声线 这是座金矿
She’s got something. It’s a gold mine.
声音的部份是我的
Part of that choice is mine.
而且我不会再为你配音
And I just won’t do it.