您一定会喜欢这里
“We’re sure you’ll feel very much at home here,
你会很高兴知道,我们特地
“and you’ll be pleased to know
为您将钢琴调好了音
“we’re having the Bosendorfer tuned especially.
我们期待您的大驾光临
“We eagerly await your innement arrival–”
大驾光临,笨蛋!
lmminent.
你们有凯迪拉克轿车吗?
I wonder if they’ve got a Cadillac.
大驾光临
“…imminent arrival
并期待听到您的演奏
“and look forward to hearing you play for us.
祝好运
“Kindest wishes, Simon and Basha Mickleburg.”
再念一次…
Read it again! Read it again!
别吵醒小宝宝
Shush! You’ll wake the baby.
您会喜欢我们的鹦鹉
“You’ll enjoy the company of our parakeet
还有叫玛格丽的狮子狗
“and our poodle called Margaret.”
笨蛋 才不是呢! 笨蛋
Pig! lt is not! Pig!
够了!够了!
It is too. Enough! Enough!
关掉!
Turn it off!
把信给我!
Give me the letter.
大卫哪儿也不去!
David is not going anywhere.
爹地?
Daddy.
看什么看,他不会去美国
What are you looking at, you fools? He is not going to America.
谁也不能毁掉这个家
I won’t let anyone destroy this family!
求求你,爹地,别这样
Please, Daddy, don’t.
你知道什么对你最好
I know, David, what is best,
因为我是你的父亲
because I’m your father.
我是你的父亲
I’m your father,
而这是你的家
and this is your family!
大卫!
David!
大卫,回来!回来!
David, come back! Come back!
我知道什么对他最好
I know what’s best.
相信我
Believe me.
把门关上
Close the door!
罗老师
Mr. Rosen!
罗老师,我是大卫
Mr. Rosen, please, it’s David!
罗老师!
Mr. Rosen!
起来吧,换我洗了
Time to get out, David. It’s my turn for the bath.
你好点了吗?
Are you feeling better now?
不会冷得发抖了吧
Have you stopped shivering?
洗个澡对身体最好
You know, a bath is always the best, David. Always the…
恶心的禽兽
Disgusting animal.
你竟然在浴缸里大便
To shit in the bath.
你竟这样对我
To do this to me.
你这恶心的禽兽
You disgusting animal!
彼得!
Peter
我知道你听得到
I know you can hear me.
别这样对大卫
Don’t do this to David.
你不能阻止他去
You mustn’t stop him going.
不管你怎么做
Whatever you do,
别逼他弹拉赫曼尼诺夫
don’t you dare inflict bloody Rachmaninoff on him.
他还不行
He’s not ready!
大卫,我的儿子
David…my boy.
你不该恨你的父亲
It’s a terrible thing… to hate your father.
人生很残酷
You know, life is cruel, but…
但是音乐…
but music…
音乐是你一生的朋友
music, it will always… always be your friend.
其他的事情会让你失望
Everything else… will let you down.
最后每件事都会让你失望
ln the end, everything, believe me, everything.
别恨我,大卫
Don’t hate me.
人生好残酷
Life is cruel.
不过你得求生存
But you have… you have to… you have to survive.
你得求生存
You have to survive.
说啊
Say it.
你得求生存,爹地
You have to survive, Daddy.
你得求生存
You have to survive.
大卫,没有人象我那么爱你
No one… will love you like me.
你谁都不能信任
You can’t trust anyone.
我会永远在你身边
But I will always… be there.
我会一直在你身边
I will always be with you.
直到永远
Forever and ever.
直到永远,爹地
Forever and ever, Daddy.
你每次为我弹奏
Each time you play for me,
都表达出难以言喻的情感
it expresses so completely the… inexpressible.
那算好吗?
Is that good?
太美好了
It’s divine.
难以言喻的美好
lnexpressibly divine.
没错
Quite.
说个故事,凯萨琳
Tell me a story, Katharine.
今天有什么故事?
What’s the story today?
新的故事
A new story.
水滴
Drops of water?
雨滴?
Ah…raindrops.
是的,雨滴
Yes, raindrops.
太好了
Perfect.
我会保存到我死的那天
I shall treasure this till the day I die.
我这生的野外种籽和风中花朵
“To you, all these wild weeds… “and wind flowers of my life…
我将它们献在你的脚下
“l bring, my Lord, “and lay them at your feet.
它们并非乳香或灵药
“They’re not frankincense or myrrh,
您是天神,耶酥和酒神
“but you are Krishna, Christ, and Dionysus…
您兼容并蓄,温柔和坚强
“in your beauty, tenderness, and strength.”
最后的参赛者,大卫赫夫考
That was our final contestant David Helfgott…
非常精彩的拉赫曼尼诺夫
with a very stirring Rachmaninoff.
比赛非常接近
Well, what a close contest we have,
全国冠军
with the national championship…
取决于两位钢琴家中
almost certain to go to one of the two pianists.
加油,大卫
Bravo, David.
评审很难从两人之间分出高下
I dare say it’s going to be difficult for the judges… to separate them,
他们都很出色
either one a worthy winner.
评审现在正在讨论
The judges are now conferring.
这是野蛮游戏,对吧?罗杰
It’s a tough game, isn’t it, Roger?
是血淋淋的游戏
It’s a blood sport.
各位
Ladies and gentlemen…
我很荣幸为您揭晓今年的
I’m pleased to announce the winner…
乐器及声乐大赛的胜利者
of this year’s instrumental and vocal competition.
新的全国冠军是…
Our new national champion is…
罗杰伍德
Roger Woodward.
他是什么样的人,凯萨琳?
What was he like, Katharine?
你的父亲
Your father.
他老是忙于研究
He was forever busy in his study.
老是说走开,我在写稿
“Go away, Kattie, I’m writing,” he’d always say.
有一天 那时我年纪还小
One day– oh, I was very young–
我气不过他
I got so annoyed…
于是把墨水弄倒在书桌上
that I upset the ink pots all over his desk…
然后在稿子上乱涂
and scrawled on his work. Pages of it.
他看到的时候
When he saw it,
气得说不出话来
he just stood there seething with anger. I could feel it.
你在干什么他大吼
“What are you doing?” he shouted.
这时突然一片死寂
Well, there was this terrible silence…
我瞪着他说
and I just stared at him and said,
走开,爹地,我在写稿
“Go away, Daddy. I’m writing.”
这时他冲过来把我抱得
He ran at me and he picked me up…
紧紧的
and he cuddled me breathless.
他老是说那是我第一次写作
My first literary effort, he always called it.
大卫,怎么了?
David, what is it?
英国皇家音乐学院
Royal College of Music.
奖学金
A scholarship.
大卫,那太好了
Oh, David, that’s marvelous.
爹地不肯拥护我,凯萨琳
Daddy won’t cuddle me, Katharine. Oh, no.
他不能阻止你,大卫
He can’t stop you, David.
他是只发怒的狮子
He’s such an angry lion, Katharine.
别傻了,他只是小猫咪
Oh, nonsense. He’s a pussycat.
我会很想你的
I’ll miss you.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!