您也不赖
Uh, so do you.
你准备为音乐付出多少呢?
How much are you prepared to give to your music, David?
付出多少?
H-how much?
大卫,付出一切!
David! Everything! Everything!
付出一切
Everything.
不过…我也喜欢网球和化学
But, uh, I do like tennis and, uh, chemistry, too.
你网球打得和弹莫扎特一样好吗
And do you play tennis as well as you play Mozart?
我只会在家对着墙打球
Uh, l–I just play up against the wall at home.
我对着墙练球
I, uh, I bounce the ball against the wall mainly.
你想到美国就读音乐学院吗?
How would you like to go to a special school in the States… where music bounces off the walls?
美国?
A-America?
自♥由♥之土,勇气之乡
You know, uh, land of the free, home of the brave–
米老鼠
Mickey Mouse?
女士们先生们
Ladies and gentlemen,
这真是我们年轻的冠军无上荣耀
what an honor for our young state champion:
他受邀到美国研习音乐
an invitation to study in America.
现在,我们欢迎从美国远道而来的
And now, all the way from America…
大卫赫夫考
David Helfgott!
谢谢大家…
Thank you. Thank you.
他不是从美国来的
Not from America.
但他要去美国了
But he’s going to America,
等他从美国回来后
and when he comes back,
他就变成是从美国来的了 对吧,大卫?
he’ll be coming from there, won’t you, David?
应该是吧 玛格丽!
Oh, I suppose so. Margaret.
不,我没有钱送大卫去美国
No. I have no money to send David to America.
我们来慕款
Well, uh… We’ll raise it.
什么?
What?
成人礼
Bar mitzvah.
大卫还没接受成人礼
David hasn’t yet had his bar mitzvah.
宗教没有什么道理
Religion is nonsense.
宗教也可以是金矿 如果你知道如何挖掘的话
It’s also a gold mine if you know where to dig.
有一天我会和乐团合奏
And then one day, I-I’ll play with an orchestra.
哇…我能来听吗?
Wow! Can I come when you do?
你能坐我的凯迪拉克轿车
You can ride in my Cadillac.
你在美国要住哪儿?
Where are you going to live in America?
他们说是很好的犹太家族同住
With a nice Jewish family, they said.
这家人不好吗?
This is not a nice family?
当然好,爹地 非常好
Yes, Daddy. It’s…very nice.
你能有家人很幸运,大卫
You’re very lucky to have a family, David.
我得走了
I’ve got to go.
那是世上最好的音乐学院
It’s one of the finest music schools in the world.
由他父亲作主
It is for his father to decide.
他会被照顾得好好的 我向你保证
He would be well looked after, I assure you.
瑞秋,求求你
Rachel, please.
大卫可能会是个伟大的钢琴师
David could be one of the truly great pianists.
他只是个孩子,罗先生
He is just a boy, Mr. Rosen.
他还会尿床
He still wets his bed.
看看我有多强壮
You see how fit I am? How strong?
给我看你在马戏团工作时
Show me where the lion scratched you…
被狮子抓伤的地方,爹地
when you worked in the circus, Daddy.
好吧
Up, up, up, up, up.
上去,上去…
Yeah. That’s what happens…
太接近栅栏就会遭殃
when you get too close to the bars, eh?
大卫? 大卫,过来…
David? David, come.
打我
Come. Hit me.
打我 对了,尽量用力
OK. Hit me. Yeah, yeah, yeah. As hard as you can.
我也要打你
Me! I want to hit you, Daddy!
你也来,尽量用力打
You, too. As hard as you can.
你看,我是铁人
You see? A man of steel!
没有人能伤害我
No one can hurt me.
因为世上只有强者能生存
Because in this world, only the fit survive.
弱者会象小虫般被踩死
The weak get crushed like insects.
象蚱蜢吗?
Like grasshoppers, Daddy.
相信我 如果你想在美国生存
Believe me, if you want to survive in America,
就得保持身体强壮
you have to be fit… and strong.
就象你一样吗?
Like you, Daddy.
没错,就象我一样
Yeah. Like me. Yes.

That’s good.
下礼拜见,大卫
See you next week, David.
记得要用功
Don’t forget to study.
谢谢你,老师
Thank you, Rabbi.
赫夫考先生,这真叫人兴奋
Mr. Helfgott, it is exciting, isn’t it?
大卫,市长大人很想见你
David, the lord mayor is dying to meet you.
彼得
Peter.
罗先生
Mr. Rosen.
各位,请大家听好
Ladies and gentlemen, can I have your attention please?
我想感谢市长大人的好意
I would like to thank our wonderful lord mayor…
成立这个基金会 帮助大卫到美国就读
for establishing this fund to send David to America.
现在大卫赫夫考将为我们演奏
And now to play for us, our very own David Helfgott.
这些人真是丢脸
These people are a disgrace.
他们自以为很了不起
They think they are so important.
其实只是满身的皮草和钻石
What do they know with their furs and their diamonds?
他们真令人作呕
It makes me sick… to the stomach.
还有罗森,他是什么样的人
And Rosen. What kind of man is he?
他没有结婚,没有小孩
He is not married. He has no children.
别跟我提起他
Don’t talk to me about Rosen.
他跟你一样想让大卫成功
He only wants for David… the same as you have always wanted.
别拿他跟我比
Don’t ever compare me to him.
他吃过苦吗?一天都没有
What has he suffered? Not a day in his life.
他懂什么?
What does he know?
他毫无家庭观念
Does he know about families?
你的妹妹,我的父母惨死
About…how your sisters died? And my mother and father?
谢谢你…大卫
Thank you! Thank you, David!
谢谢您,赫夫考同志
Thank you, Comrade Helfgott.
您儿子真了不起
Your son is a credit to you.
我谨代表苏联友谊社向您致意
On behalf of the Soviet Friendship Society, we applaud you.
这是凯萨琳普契尔
How do you do? Meet Katharine Prichard.
你弹得真美
You play beautifully.
谢谢
Thank you.
我叫桑雅
My name’s Sonia.
我是大卫
I-I’m David.
你知道我是谁
I know who you are.
你的手好优雅
You’ve got the most wonderful hands.
你的也是
So do you.
你要去美国吗?
So, um, are you– You’re going to America?
没错
That’s right. Yeah.
哪天你也会去俄♥国♥
Maybe one day you’ll– you’ll go to Russia, too.
有何不可?
Why not?
大卫 我在这儿
I’m here.
有个重要的人想见你
There’s someone important who wants to meet you.
我得走了
I’d better go.
我没见过弹这么优美的人♥大♥卫
I’ve never met anyone… who plays the piano as beautifully as you, David.
我也没见过作家,普太太
I’ve never met a writer before, Mrs. Prichard.
您一定很以他为傲
You must be very proud of him.
我这父亲当然为他骄傲
As proud as a father can be.
我家里有架破钢琴
I have a long-suffering old piano at home.
破钢琴
Suffering piano.
疏于照顾
From neglect.
也许哪天您能为我弹奏它
Perhaps you’ll come and play it for me one day.
是的,非常乐意
Yes. Anything to help.
我的感觉很好
I’d like that very much.
我也是
Me, too.
各位同志,我想举杯…
Your attention, comrades. I wish to propose a toast.
该我上场了,失陪一下
That’s my cue. Excuse me.
向今晚贵宾凯萨琳普契尔致意
To our founder and very special guest this evening, Katharine Susannah Prichard.
你会从她身上学到很多东西
You will learn much from this old woman.
她去过苏联
She has been to Soviet Union.
从美国!
From America!
我们知道您杰出的才华
“We have been informed of your exceptional talent
并对您能前来同住感到荣幸
“and can only say how privileged we feel “to have you come and stay with us.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!