-他是个好人 -他太棒了
-He’s a fine man. -He’s so good.
你不喜欢他吗 妈妈
Don’t you like him, Mother?
我也喜欢他 乔伊
Yes, I like him, too, Joey.
晚安 乔伊
Goodnight, Joey.
什么事 亲爱的
What’s the matter, honey?
乔
Joe…
抱着我
Hold me.
别说话 只要紧紧抱着我
Don’t say anything. Just hold me tight.
-晚安 妈 -晚安 乔伊
-‘Night, Ma! -Goodnight, Joey.
-晚安 爸 -晚安 孩子
-‘Night, Pa! -‘Night, son.
-晚安 肖恩
‘Night, Shane!
雷克在哪儿
Where’s Ryker?
他在小睡一下
He’s getting a little sleep.
-他叫我过来的 -你先坐会儿
-He sent for me. -Sit down for a minute.
我们今天要庆祝一下
We’re having a celebration today.
-有咖啡吗 -我马上给你
-Where’s the coffee? -I’ll put it right on.
-这儿出什么事了 -很多
-What’s going on here? -Plenty.
-你要走 -只能这样了 对不对
-Going somewhere? -Looks that way, don’t it?
别让他们把你吓住了 厄尼
Don’t let them bluff you, Ernie.
吓住
Bluff, huh?
看见没有 他们昨晚杀了我的母猪
See that? They killed my sow last night.
不停的开枪 叫嚷着还会再来
Kept shooting and yelling what they’d do next.
把孩子吵醒了 还把我老婆吓个半死
Woke up the kids and scared the missus half to death.
我们就会处理好这事的
We’re gonna put a stop to that.
我说过我会留下来帮你们的
I said I’d stay for one more hand.
可就这样 我受够雷克了
Well, this is it. I had enough of Ryker.
看他们又来了
Here they come again!
正好从我犁过的地上过
Right through my ploughed ground.
你会怎么办 石墙 陶雷
What do you think of that, Stonewall Torrey?
斯塔雷特和我们大家会对付他们的
Starrett and the rest of us are gonna take the juice out of them,
也就这几天吧
one of these days.
我还要去格拉夫顿那儿买♥♥酒
Anyhow, I’m going to Grafton’s to get a bottle.
-国♥庆♥聚会时用的 -妈 准备好了吗
-Show them it’s Independence Day. -Ma, you getting ready?
-祝好运 -也祝你好运 石墙
-Good luck, anyway. -Good luck for you, too, Stonewall.
没看见有猪啊
Can’t see a pig in sight!
我没看见 但我确定闻到了
I don’t see none, but I sure can smell them.
他们剪断了莱特家的铁丝网
They cut Mr. Wright’s fence
也剪了西普斯代家的
and Mr. Shipstead’s, too.
他们干的
They did?
肖恩 要是你抓住他们剪我们这儿的
Shane, what would you do
你会怎么办
if you caught them cutting our fence?
我会让他们从大门进来
I’d ask them to please go around by the gate.
肖恩
Oh, Shane!
-来 我们比赛看谁先骑到谷仓 -开始
-Come on, I’ll race you to the barn. -It’s a go!
为什么你不再带上你的左轮手♥枪♥ 肖恩
Why don’t you ever wear your six-shooter, Shane?
我想可能是我没有看到太多的坏人
I guess I don’t see as many bad men as you do.
肖恩
Shane.
你让我跟你说件事儿吗
You want me to tell you something?
看你想不想说了
If you want to.
我在那儿见过你的枪
I saw your gun in there, one day.
我好好观察了一下
I took a look at it.
-你生气吗 -没有 我不生气
-Are you mad? -No, I guess not.
但是如果我是你 我不会碰这种东西的
But if I were you, I’d leave a thing like this alone.
我又用毯子把它包起来了
I wrapped it up in the blanket again.
这才是好孩子
That’s a good boy.
我能再看看它吗
Could I see it again?
你答应过要教我开枪的
You promised you’d show me how to shoot.
求你了
Please!
好的 乔伊 过来
All right, Joey. Come on.
举起手来
Get them up!
我们得学些东西 过来
We’ve got some learning to do! Come on.
你就站在那儿
You stand right here.
好 把手在身体两侧放下去
All right, put your arms down to your side.
你的枪套太低了 枪套要放在胳膊范围内
Your holster’s too low. Never have your holster at arm’s length.
我们来调一调
Let’s fix this.
你要把它放在这儿 在胳膊肘和腰之间
You always have it here, with the grip between the elbow and the wrist.
这样当你手抬起来的时候
So when your hand comes up,
把枪从枪套里带出来而不会太高 看见了
the gun clears the holster without coming up too high, see?
来 你试下 动作要快 就这样
Now you try it, real fast and straight. That’s it.
-真正的枪手也这样吗 -不 乔伊
-Gosh! Is that what real gunfighters do? -No, Joey.
他们大多数都有他们自己的小把戏
Most of them have tricks of their own.
比如 有人喜欢把枪放在上面
One, for instance, likes a shoulder holster.
还有人把枪夹在裤子的皮带上
Another one puts it in the belt of his pants.
这样有点像两把枪
And some like two guns.
但你要用的话 一个就够了
But one’s all you need if you can use it…
15步后
after 15 paces.
用的时候只放一个子弹是没好处的
No good for putting a bullet where you want it.
哪种方法最好
Which is the best way?
我跟你讲的这些东西都差不多
What I’m telling you is as good as any,
没有最好的
better than most.
-让我看看你开枪吧 -你想让我打哪儿
-Let me see you shoot. -What do you want me to shoot at?
那边的小石头 看见没
The little white rock over there, see?
太准了 太棒了
Gosh, almighty, that is good!
看见没 乔伊 来 看看 记住
You see, Joey? Now look. Remember.
当你手抬起来 你还要从枪套拔枪
When your hand comes up, you still clear your holster.
-肖恩 -你好 斯塔雷特夫人
-Shane. -Hello, Mrs. Starrett.
-我在教乔伊开枪 -我不想
-I was teaching Joey a little shooting. -I don’t want…
你应该来看看肖恩开枪 他正在教我
You ought to see Shane shoot. He’s teaching me.
-是 我知道 准备去聚会了 -妈
-Yes, I know. Get ready for the party. -Oh, Ma!
枪不要占据我孩子的生活
Guns aren’t going to be my boy’s life.
为什么你总来管我这些啊
Why do you always have to spoil everything?
枪只是种工具
A gun is a tool,
跟其它的工具相比 比如斧头 铲子
no better or worse than any other tool,
不会比他们强 也不会比他们差
an axe, a shovel, or anything.
枪的善恶取决于用它的人 记住这点
A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.
如果这里一把枪也没有的话
We’d all be better off
我们都会过得很好的
if there wasn’t a single gun in this valley,
也包括你的
including yours.
刚才的枪声是怎么回事
What’s all the shooting about?
你们的庆祝开始得早了点儿吧 是不是
You’re starting the celebrating a little early, aren’t you?
看看她 穿上结婚礼服了
Well, look at that woman, in her wedding dress!
肖恩 你去套下车
Shane, you better hitch up that team,
因为我们今天要去庆祝国♥庆♥日
’cause today we’re really gonna celebrate the Fourth of July!
我应该对那些乡巴佬说
I’m supposed to say to the squatters,
我被打败了 你们获胜了
I’m busted but you’re welcome.
-这样并不坏 -你倒说得轻松
-It aingt that bad. -That’s easy for you to say.
我和你做朋友很长时间了吧
I’ve been your friend a long time,
你知道 我是通情达理的
I’m reasonable.
但是有些事我一定要做
But something’s got to do.
可你得知道现在有法律 你不能胡来
Out here a man can go just so far.
我一直遵守法律
I’ve gone along with the new law.
没有和他们枪战
I’ve stayed away from gun fighting.
我一直试图吓走这些乡巴佬
Sure, I’ve tried to buffalo the sodbusters.
你得承认 我的人以前没有用枪
You got to admit, my men have kept their six-guns cased.
那现在呢
And now?
我能猜出来你心里想什么
I can guess what’s on your mind.
那么就别说出来
Keep your guesses to yourself.
我知道的是 我喜欢乔·斯塔雷特
I like Joe Starrett.
傻子才应该听理由
Fool oughta listen to reason.
-你的理由呢 -这不关你的事
-Your reason? -What’s the matter with you?
算了 算了 卢夫
No offence, Rufe.
你自己的良心会受谴责的
It’s your own conscience eating on you.
良心
Conscience!
你好 陶雷 你要点儿什么
Hello, Torrey. Something I can do you for?
-来瓶酒 今天国♥庆♥ -进来 进来
-A jug. It’s the Fourth. -Come in, come in.
一杯威士忌
Jug. And a whiskey.
这是敬你的 雷克
Here’s to you, Ryker,
你把厄尼·莱特赶走了
for running Ernie Wright off his claim.
再来一杯
Another.
-他是他们一伙的 -是的
-Is that one of them? -Yeah.